• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 7,540 Views, 84 Comments

A Big Brother - xd77



A whole year has gone by since Nathan was adopted by Princess Cadance and Shining Armor, now before too long he is going to be a big brother.

  • ...
15
 84
 7,540

Chapter 8: Return to the Crystal Empire

Nathan was in the royal kitchen with Celestia and Luna eating breakfast, Nathan was in a hurry to get back home, out of fear that Cadance and Shining Armor were going to backhoof him for running away from home.

"Nate, slow down dear, what's the hurry?" Celestia asked

"Ah'm scared that dad might backhoof mah' behind."

"Don't worry sweetie, I'm going to talk to them about why you ran away, and don't worry I'll be mother hen on them and make sure they spend time with Skyla and you."

"Thank, Ms. Celestia." Nathan said, suddenly a guard approached them.

"You majesty, your carriage awaits you." he said.

"Thank you, Luna take charge while I'm gone, I'm going to be gone for quite a while." she said winking at Nathan.

Pretty soon they were outside the castle with Nathan and his bags, and the flew away from Canterlot back to the Crystal Empire.

======================================

Meanwhile at the Crystal Empire, Cadance and Shining Armor were discussing with his parents about what had happened.

"Why did Nate run away?" Night Light asked

"I don't know dad, maybe he was mad." Shining Armor said, suddenly he was slapped by his mother.

"'I don't know' have you lost your...." she was soon cut off by the sound of knocking on the door, when Princess Cadance went over to open it, to her surprise it was none other than Nathan and Princess Celestia along with her carriage parked out in the street.

"Shining he's back!" Cadance said Shining ran over to the door knelt down and hugged Nathan, then Cadance who was more worried than Shining Armor was.

"Nathan don't ever do this to us again, you had us worried sick!" Cadance said rasping.

"And what's worse, you could've hurt yourself!" Shining Armor said.

"Go to your room young man, we'll deal with you later." Cadance said, as soon as they watched Nathan storm upstairs, they turned back to Celestia, Night Light, and Twilight Velvet, who were showing angered looks.

"What are you so antsy about Cel?" Shining Armor asked

"I have to agree with Shining Armor, Aunt Celestia, Nathan had us worried sick, we've been trying to get him to concentrate more on Skyla than himself."

WOULD YOU LISTEN TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!! Celestia screamed with the most highest RCV ever, so loud that it shook the hallway, nearly causing a piece of crystal to break off the ceiling.

"Don't you see what you two are doing?" Night Light said, backing Celestia up.

"You all are favoring!" Twilight Velvet said, raising her voice, also backing Celestia up.

"Shining Armor, Princess Cadance, can't you see this is why Nathan ran away, you two have been favoring Skyla, Nathan even told me you took his teddy bear from him to give to her, that was his teddy bear, can you not see how mean that was?" Celestia asked showing a serious look.

"But, Aunt Celestia, he's too old for Eddie." Princess Cadance said

"Cadance, he's only 6 years old." Night light said.

"And he also told me that you were way too harsh on him the day before, how you screamed at him, kicked him, and for what, the baby!" Celestia said

"Now I am not being a mother hen, but I am saying spend time with both of them, can you do that for us, son?" Twilight Velvet asked rubbing her son's cheek with her hoof.

"Yes mom." Shining said

"Cadance can you do it too dear?" Celestia asked

"Yes." Cadance said

"All right then, we'll see you later." they said heading out the door.

"Shining, I'll go up there and talk to him, you stay here."

"All right sweetie." Shining said as he watched Cadance walk up the stairs.

Meanwhile in the bedroom, Nathan was curled up in his wings and crying over what had just happened, he soon found out he couldn't wipe his tears no more and just buried his face in his pillow and bawled, suddenly he heard the sound of his bedroom door opening, it was Cadance.

"Nathan, what's going on in here?" she asked, instead Nathan just continued to cry.

"Nathan, what's the matter?" she asked entering the room and sitting down on his bed beside him.

"Ya...Ya...Ya'll don't love me n-no m-more!" Nathan said looking up at her with tear-filled eyes.

Cadance picked up and sat him on her lap, "It's okay sweetie, you don't have to explain, Celestia told me everything."

"She did?" Nathan asked wiping the tears off his face.

"Yes, and that's why I came up here, I wanted to apologize for what happened the day before, it's just that your dad and I have been under a lot of pressure lately, and also your sister is very little and she needs a lot of attention, that's why she cries." Cadance said

"But we're sorry for everything we did you, can you forgive me?" Cadance asked

Nathan smiled, "You're mah' mom, ah'll always forgive you." he said hugging her.

"Oh sweetie." Cadance said returning his hug.

"Well since tomorrow is Saturday, how about we all go to Ponyville and spend the day there, possibly show Skyla to the others, and maybe talk to Aunt Twilight about all of us seeing a movie." she said.

"It's a deal." Nathan said

Suddenly they did their jingle.

"Over high, under low, tie your mane up in a bow." is how it went, then they shared another hug, Shining Armor peeped in the door and smiled at this.

Their love was soon cut off by the sound of crying, it was Skyla who was woken from her nap.

"Don't worry mom, ah'll get her back to sleep." Nathan said, he took Skyla out of her crib, lay her on his bed and started singing a lullaby.

[youtube=J95rAr0gOFU]