• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 7,550 Views, 84 Comments

A Big Brother - xd77



A whole year has gone by since Nathan was adopted by Princess Cadance and Shining Armor, now before too long he is going to be a big brother.

  • ...
15
 84
 7,550

Chapter 1: Baby Blues

Nathan was now 6 years old and had already adjusted to his new life, going to Ponyville on weekends to visit his Aunt Twilight and cousin Spike, hanging out with the five elements of harmony, and crusading with the CMC for he was made a member and the first one to be a boy. He was also still taking flying lessons from Princess Celestia in Canterlot, due to the fact that he was still trying to get into the flying mood with his bat wings that Twilight gave him a year ago, but he didn't really care about that because it was only one more month until the second family child was coming, which meant he was going to be a big brother, due to the fact that back on Hearth's Warming Day when Cadance told him that she was pregnant.

In the Crystal Gardens...........

Nathan was strolling around talking and meeting with crystal ponies and some of his friends from Ponyville at Cadance's baby shower, even Celestia and Luna were there. As Nathan was walking with punch in his hand, he accidentally bumped into Celestia who was talking to Shining Armor about what gender the baby was and what they would name it if it was a boy or a girl.

"Oh, sorry Ms. Celestia, ah' didn't see ya there." Nathan said

"It's okay Nathan, just pay attention to where you're going next time." Celestia said

"Ah' will." Nathan said

"So, Nathan, are you ready to become a big brother?" Luna said out of nowhere

"You bet ah' am." Nathan said jumping

"Okay, I know you're excited, but you need to settle down dear." Celestia said levitating him.

On the other side of the Crystal Gardens.....

Rainbow Dash, Twilight, and the others were drinking crystal berry punch that Flash Sentry had made for the shower, and were talking to Cadance and Shining Armor about the baby and what will become of the Crystal Empire in the future when their baby will be ruler in the future.

"So you see girls when our baby becomes the next heir, The Crystal Empire will be given more power of love and given full control of the frozen north." Cadance said

"What about Nathan," Twilight asked, "What will he inherit?"

"He'll inherit my rank as Captain of the Royal Guard when I'm gone." Shining Armor said.

"Oh so our Nathie is going to be the future Captain?' Pinkie Pie said, "cool."

"MAIL CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yelled the mail pony from the entrance to the garden he was levitating a letter that was for Cadance and Shining Armor, when Nathan got it for them and Cadance opened it, it was from Doctor Whooves.

"Well what does it say sweetie?" Shining Armor asked

"Dear Princess Cadance and Shining Armor"

"We got the results from the scans yesterday, and we have greatly been informed that the gender of your baby is a filly."

"Yours Truly"

"Doctor Whooves"

They were relieved, after two weeks of waiting they finally got the gender, Shining Armor stood up and levitated bell and started to ring it.

"ATTENTION EVERYPONY!!!!!!!!"

"WE JUST GOT THE RESULTS FROM DOCTOR WHOOVES MY WIFE AND I ARE EXCPECTING........A NEWBORN FILLY!!!!!!!!!"

Everypony applauded about this, including Nathan, he already knew what gender a filly was, he was going to have a little sister, suddenly the bell rang again, it was gift time, they had already knew it was going to be a filly because they had gifts for a baby girl.

The first gift opened was a beautifully made floral crown from Rarity.

The second gift opened was a dress from Applejack and Fluttershy.

The third gift was a small made wonderbolt uniform from Rainbow Dash and Spitfire.

Fourth was a 100 good wishes quilt that was made by Twilight and Shining Armor's parents Twilight Velvet and Night Light.

Fifth was a nice beautiful crown and chest piece with a heart on it from Celestia and Luna.

But wait one other gift was missing........Nathan's, because he did have one, or two gifts for her.

"Nathan where's your gift for us sweetie?" Cadance asked

Nathan slapped himself, how could he have forgotten, he left his gifts inside the castle.

"Ah'll be right back y'all." he said dashing to the castle.

-------------------------------------------

After waiting for nearly five minutes they finally heard Nathan walking back into the gardens holding two wrapped presents in each of his arms both were matching size, Nathan walked up to his mom and handed her the first gift, when she opened it, it was a little shirt, but what it said started making everypony snicker in awe........

"I'M A TEXAS FILLY" is what it said, and it had a picture of Texas with the state flag imprinted in it.

"Don't worry sweetie, I'll make sure she wears this." Cadance said

"Mommy, this second gift isn't for the baby, but for you." Nathan said handing her the second wrapped gift, Cadance opened it but what it had inside made her gasp in surprise, it was a bouquet of flowers with a card attached to it, when she opened she melted tears down her eyes by what it said...

"TO THE BEST MOTHER EVER"

"I LOVE YOU MOMMY"


Cadance scooped up Nathan and hugged him tightly, Nathan returned the hug.

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Everypony in the crowd cooed.


"Sweetie, this is the most generous thing you've ever done for me, thanks dear." Cadance said, giving her son a kiss on his head.

"Mommy!" Nathan playfully whined.

Suddenly the bell rung again, Shining Armor wanted to give another speech.

"I just want to say thank you for attending our baby shower, the gifts are a joy to us, plus we would also like to thank Mr. and Mrs. Cake for baking us the cupcakes, plus Flash Sentry for the crystal berry punch, we do expect our filly to arrive in three weeks, thank you all for coming, take care of yourselves, everypony." Shining Armor said.

As Nathan was about to go back to the castle, Applejack and the others stopped him.

"So she's gonna be a Texas filly huh?" Applejack said

"Hey ah'm a Texas boy, so she's a Texas filly."

"Hehe, I guess that makes sense." Rainbow Dash said

"What are your parents going to name her huh, huh, huh, huh???!!!!" Pinkie Pie asked jumping up and down around him.

"Sorry, Pink, but that's a family, so ah' can't tell anypony, 'cept Aunt Twilight." Nathan said pointing his finger at her.

Twilight blushed, "Looks like I'm the special pony."

"Yeah, Aunt Twilight, 'cause yer' family, aren't ya?" Nathan said jumping on her chest and wrapping his arms and legs around her.

"Of course I am dear." Twilight said wrapping a hoof around her nephew.

Nathan didn't see his parents exit the gardens because he felt himself being levitated by Cadance.

"All right Nathan, that's enough for tonight, it's almost bedtime sweetie." Cadance said

"Yes mommy." Nathan said grappling Cadance's back, "Bye Aunt Twilight, bye gals." Nathan said waving his hand at them as the left for the castle.

"BYE NATHAN." They all shouted as they watched him leave with his parents.

As they started back to the train platform Twilight was already imagining about her upcoming niece and what she would be like, when a hoof waving snapped her out.

"Dreamin' 'bout yer' niece?" Applejack asked

"What do you think?" Twilight asked giving Applejack a playful shove.

=======================================

Meanwhile in the castle Cadance was getting Nathan in his pajamas and ready for bed.

"Mommy, is it really going to be three more weeks?" Nathan asked as Cadance levitated him into his bed.

"Sweetie, I already sad yes." Cadance answered.

"Well let's hope it comes, will it?" Nathan asked jumping up and down.

"Well it'll come quicker than you know it." Cadance said, giggling.

"Good night sweetie." Cadance said giving him a goodnight kiss on his forehead, "I love you."

"I love you too mommy." Nathan said.

Cadance blew out the candle and closed the door, and with that Nathan drifted off to sleep with Eddie in his arm.

END CHAPTER 1