• Published 19th Nov 2013
  • 918 Views, 62 Comments

Thy Flesh Consumed - tankmanbrony



The Second Demon War starts, and a new faction arises from to pit, Hell has returned

  • ...
1
 62
 918

Chapter Three: A new path

Only a thin sliver of light, was visible though the dragons fingers which only exasperated the poor light conditions thanks to the storm and night.
Gorrog, had sunken, up to his ankles into the soil, the only thing that had saved him, was calling upon the power of Hell and because there was no direct conduit for it, he could not perform the same feats as before, but it was sufficient to keep from being crushed.
The dragon’s claw, slowly flexed and Gorrog, felt the muscles in its hand tense. The change in pressure was quick and Gorrog shifted the hand.
“I see you are stronger than I thought, no matter I’ve always enjoyed my food, cooked.”
Flames poured though the holes in his prison and for the first time in a while, Gorrog felt warm. The heat of the fire barely bothering him, and as they licked at the grass around him, he sunk his
Punching the hand, Gorrog, grabbed one of the fingers that was holding him down and pulled upward. As the dragon recoiled, from him, Gorrog darted out from under its hand, ducking as plasma balls from his companions passed over his head.
The Dragon was far from with Gorrog and started to pull itself out of the cave, its massive bulk shaking the walls of the cave.
Dodging an attempted grab, Gorrog saw the Baron, hurling Fireballs into the ledge above the caves entrance, above which was balanced a massive boulder.
“Brethren, join the Baron, I will distract the dragon.” Gorrog shouted, reverting to Demonic to confuse the dragon.
The barrage of explosives started to crack the ledge, and Gorrog grunted as he shielded his eyes as the dragon blasted him with a torrent of fire.
The heat while he barely noticed it, was soothing and Gorrog, didn’t notice the claw, sweeping down to hit him.
The impact sent him sprawling, knocked off balance and into the side of the mountain.
As the dragon moved forward to attack him, Gorrog heard a crash as the boulder came crashing down, onto the dragon.
They all walked over, The Baron reaching the dragon first and kicked in the snout. Its eyes opened.
“The reaper cheated me.”
And with those words they closed.
“Excellent work Baron, now I suggest we make way to my citadel, we cannot afford any more battles like this”
“As you will” his guard said in unison. The Baron nodded and followed as they started off the mountain.
“Gorrog, where is Little Horn, it seems our newest member has disappeared.”
“Abkesh, I do not know, but he will be drawn to us, his bond to Hell is too strong now and his transformation is nearly complete, but as I don’t know how it will affect a live pony, we must be on the lookout for him, it is terribly painful.”
“Gorrog, why did you create that creature in the first place?”
“Because, I saw the perverse nature of his existence, the sickness of his mind and his appetite for destruction, I have glimpsed his mind several times during my rest, and I showed him the power of Hell, gave him a taste, his subconscience was my target and I succeeded. Now he is my finest work, soon Baron he will wreck a death toll among our enemies and show them a taste of the terror that shall engulf them with our coming.”
They all marched down the slope, moving quickly as the winds from the storm lashed them. They reached the bottom, searching for cover from the storm, as the great clouds of steam the floated off their bodies obscured their vision and made them highly visible to any onlooker.
“Gorrog, Baron there is a forest in the distance, we could take cover in it and stay hidden from the sky and get ourselves out of this wretched storm.”
“We shall go than.”
They set out their sight fixed upon the forest, its old trees, almost staring out at them. As they neared the forest, Gorrog could not shake the feeling that something was watching him, yet otherwise imperceptible to him.
“We shall take a rest here, and continue at the rising of the sun, we shall pass through this forest in such a manner as to avoid detection.”
As they made camp, and the others took their rest, Gorrog stared out into the wilderness, it was coming. But he took his rest, feeling the grasp of sleep.

A soft fluttering noise alerted him that something was behind him. The area around him was dark and resembled his fortress except that it was constructed of lighter colored stone.
“Welcome, Prince of Hell, I hope your rest was well. I have a proposal for you.”
Turning to face the voice, Gorrog saw a young looking pink Alicorn, slender in body, with a black mane flowing down her back. He took a step in her direction, his massive bulk towering over her, yet he saw no fear in her eyes.
“Gorrog, some power is stirring, I know not what it is but despite your previous actions, and the malice you bear towards my kind, I see a mutual benefit to an alliance between our two interests”
“So Princess, you seek to ally yourself with Hell?”
“Yes and no. You see, you have no choice, and I am no princess.”
Gorrog took another step towards her, closing the gap and stared down at her, his eyes glowing with malice.
“I take orders from no one, the only will I follow is my own.”
The alicorn appeared nervous, and took a step back, eyeing the sheer size of Gorrog, before she continued.
“Gorrog, even as you sleep, the Equestrians are closing in, you are not exactly stealthy and without your armies, how do you expect to protect yourself?”
“My guard and the Baron can hold off any force the ponies throw at us, even if the Dark Princess should show herself, I slew her sister and ate her body on the field of battle, I burned a city to the ground and slaughtered its inhabitants, and you think that I will be stopped by a few scouts?”
“Gorrog, I highly doubt you accomplished those feats, with only six other demons at your side, especially since, in the latter case, you had an army behind you and an open Hell Gate, to supply you with reinforcements.”
Gorrog lit a plasma ball, and stared her in the face, until to his surprise he saw, the walls of the castle change into cave walls.
Reaching out with his other hand he picked up the off guard alicorn and brought her up to his face, his eyes boring holes into her soul.
“What are you?”
“Something else, and she teleported out of his grasp, watching him, Gorrog I must attend to other matters but remember, you shall have to take my offer.”