• Published 18th Nov 2013
  • 1,313 Views, 22 Comments

Earth 52 - Side Stories of Twilight Sparkle: Green lantern of Sector 2812 - cornholio4



Side stories of Twilight Sparkle: Green lantern of Sector 2812

  • ...
1
 22
 1,313

Bigger Picture

2 years ago

In a meeting room of the Royal Guard headquarters in Equestria. Several military ponies in the military uniform of black military hats, black shirts and yellow belts.

“Who are we waiting for?” asked a guard bored due to how long they had been waiting. Then entered was a Pegasus pony in uniform and the other guards looked in awe at him.

“Sergeant Stolen March!” said a royal guard bowing to him. Stolen March had a look on his face which made him look like he didn’t deserve any praise “excellent work on busting the leader of that smuggling ring.”

“It was nothing really, I was just doing my job bring criminal scum to justice.” Stolen March said looking flattered.

“How did you find out who it was?” asked another guard looking curious. Stolen March then gave a smile to that particular guard.

“I just have a knack for catching criminals I guess.” Said Stolen March sitting down for more praise from his fellow law enforcement officers of Equestria.

*E52: SSTSS2812*

A team of military officers was outside a site waiting for their last member to show up. Then entered an intimidating looking unicorn wearing a military uniform.

“The infamous lieutenant Slade Eiling, I presume?” asked one of the officers, Slade laughed and nodded.

“That is me.” Slade nodded to the stares and muttering of the officers. Then the commander of the officers spoke up.

“Okay we are on a mission to find and capture rogue Dragon general Draconis who has taken up camp at this location but we must tread carefully, the site is technically on the land of the Dragon Kingdom so one wrong move and we might start a war between the dragons and Equestria.” The commander said before sending a glare to Slade “so you must stick to the plan, are you listening Lieutenant Eiling?”

Slade sent a glare of his own and using his hoove he pointed to his scars and his eyepatch and said in a stern but firm voice “you see this? I got this when I was fighting to capture the dangerous rogue Griffon known as Colonel Gryph, I have these scars because I did my bit to defend Equestria so I know what I’m doing!”

“I know and we are grateful you helped put Colonel Gryph in custody, but I read that the operation would have been much smoother if you did not go charging in taking no prisoners and I believe it got you a suspension.” Said the commander with an equally stern voice and glare “stick to the plan and orders and this operation will go smoothly!”

Slade glared but said nothing as they started going on the mission.

*E52: SSTSS2812*

Stolen March before looking to make sure nopony was following him entered a warehouse in Canterlot. He then met and saw a green earth pony along with several of his associates.

“Carbon Copy!” Stolen said to his friend, the green earth pony who was known as the infamous criminal for hire Carbon Copy.

“Stolen March.” Carbon said as they shared a manly hug “good work on busting the smugglers using the information we gave you, remember your part of the deal.”

“Yeah I make sure the law doesn’t catch wind of your phoenix egg dealings.” Stolen March said as they shared a mug of cider. Five minutes later Stolen March decided to speak up.

“Okay Carbon I want you to remember, I still expect my cut of this operation.” Stolen March said thinking this was benefits to helping keep Equestria safe from the bigger criminals.

“Don’t worry you will get your cut of the profits soon.” Carbon said smiling but it faltered when he saw figures at the window.

Five minutes later police ponies stormed through the door and began arresting the associates. Carbon Copy looked worried but Stolen March decided to placate his business partner.

I will handle this” Stolen March whispered to Carbon Copy, he then cleared his voice for the damage control he would have to do right now to get out of this one.

“I am Sergeant Stolen March of the Equestrian Military as I am handling this case I order you all to stand down......” Stolen March said but was cut off as he and Carbon Copy were cuffed.

Stolen March then shrank as he saw several guards and one of them was his immediate superior glaring at him. The jig was up!

“Sergeant March we had a witness seeing you talking to a known fugitive, you are ordered to come down to the palace and answer to the higher ups.” The superior said glaring hard at the sneaky Pegasus.

Stolen March gulped, he knew this was not going to end well for him.

*E52: SSTSS2812*

The royal commander and his ponies were hiding at the site of the rogue dragons. “Okay we have to secure all of the hostages before taking out the dragon guards.....” the commander said before he noticed somepony was not accounted for “wait......where is Lieutenant Eiling?”

Slade smirked to himself as he had fled from his troop and planted magic bombs around the site. Hiding behind a corner he used his magic to stealthily capture a Dragon guard who was nearby.

He then used his magic to his head across the ground and then used his hoove to punch him in the gut. “Listen here you pathetic waste of skin I am only going to ask this once and only if you tell me the answer will you live to see another hour, so anyway where is Draconis?” he asked venomously to the guard.

“in – in – in the main tower...” the guard said before he was knocked out by Slade’s hoove. He then used his magic to set off the magic bombs he had placed.

Luckily all the pony hostages held by the rogue dragons had been rescued and put in a safe distance by his troop but Slade did not know nor did he care, all that mattered to him was that he takes advantage of the distraction he caused to capture Draconis.

He sneaked to the main tower and placed a larger magic bomb underneath it. Waiting until he was at a safe distance he set it off causing the entire tower to collapse. The guards inside were knocked out and Draconis a dark red dragon wearing a military uniform .

He then rushed to Draconis and used his magic to take him down to the ground and bash his head against the debris. When he was unconscious he had put cuffs on his arms.

Soon once the hostages were getting lifts home and the dragon guards were being taken into custody, the Commander came to him and told him sternly “Lieutenant Eiling, as soon as we get back to the Palace I want to have a word with you!”

*E52: SSTSS2812*

Stolen March spent an hour being reprimanded by his superiors who found evidence of the other criminals he was doing deals with. The guards that before had been kissing up to him and giving him praise were now giving him cold hard stares.

Stolen March tried to justify himself saying that by allowing smaller criminals a free pass they could get information to take down the bigger fish. His superiors did not find these the words of a brave military officer having to make tough choices to keep Equestria safe but a corrupt military officer making deals with criminals so he can take credit for himself.

In the end to his shock and horror not only was he suspended but when he returned he would be demoted to the rank of a mere soldier.

He angrily emptied out his locker and ignored the glares and jeers coming from the guards that once saw him as a hero.

*E52: SSTSS2812*

Slade Eiling was not faring much better in the luck department. The explosions he caused caught the attention of officials in the Dragon Kingdom. They managed to clear it all up and the officials allowed the Equestrian Military to take Draconis and his minions into custody.

Slade was called into the office of his command and admonished for once again making a mission more unnecessarily difficult than it already was.

He received an official reprimand in his record which he already had plenty off. If it wasn’t for the acknowledgement of the hard work he had put into his service he would be packing up his locker forever.

He was also warned his record would not be able to survive another incident like that and he was close to another suspension. Slade was furious at how soft his superiors were and they didn’t think of the bigger picture.

He was a patriot who only showed toughness in order to better protect Equestria from threats.

Pity his superiors did not think of it that way.

*E52: SSTSS2812*

Outside the palace Stolen March met up with Slade, they were regular associates. Stolen March respected Slade for how firm he was about best protecting Equestria and Slade respected Stolen March for knowing how to use connections to take down the biggest threats.

“I got suspended when they found out a deal I made with Carbon Copy and I lost my rank of Sergeant, how about you Slade?” Stolen March said glaring at the floor.

“I got reprimanded for how I dealt with the capture of Colonel Draconis.” Slade roared out in frustration.

“Why can’t our superiors ever see things our way!” Stolen March asked and Slade put a hoove to Stolen March’s shoulder.

“We are two of the only ponies who sees the bigger picture March.” Slade said as they noticed a yellow unicorn walking their way with a smirk.

“Hey you are that unicorn who used to be Princess Celestia’s student, Sunset Shimmer.” Stolen March said recognising the unicorn “what do you want?”

“I have a proposition for you two to help me find a way to create a new government of Equestria where the bigger picture is understood and used, where you both will get the respect you deserve.” Sunset said to the two military ponies.

“We are listening.” Slade after he and Stolen March shared a look.

Sunset Shimmer smirked that she now had some allies.

Author's Note:

The pictures belong to me. I decided to do this so I can include the origins of the DC hero versions of the Mane Six without having to shoehorn them into the main story.

This chapters deals with two OCs who have been in the story: Slade Eiling and Stolen March. Stolen March I came up with after finding out the phrase "Stealing the March". Slade is basically a combination of Wade Eiling, General Sam Lane and the Smallville version of Slade Wilson.

I came up with this chapter to tell you about them. I am trying to make them what I think is one of the most interesting type of villains: the kind that thinks they are the good guys.