• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 7,071 Views, 247 Comments

The Primarch of Equestria - mineturtal247



Spike is sent into the warhammer 40k universe when a spell from Twilight goes horribly wrong.

  • ...
29
 247
 7,071

Chapter 10: Remnants of the past.

A prison somewhere in Equestria, near the border of the Crystal empire.

King Sombra, the Tyrant of the north. Once a king that ruled the lands of the Crystal Empire with an iron hand with complete authority over all of his subjects. A monster of his time, a dark lord of shadows and hate, the lord of all evil. Beaten down by six mares and one small little whelp of a dragon.

Sombra paced in his cage like a wild animal. The cage shook as Sombra walk. Each step he made could crack the stone floor under him.

He looked around his surroundings once more. It was the same place he has been trapped in seance his defeat. There was nothing in this room he was trapped in.

All there was in this room was stone. A stone wall, a stone, floor and a stone cage, from which he can never escape from. A few torches were lit in the room for the fallen king but not enough to light up the entire room; for the embers of the torches slowly began die out. Just like they have many times before.

However there was something that was not made of stone in this god’s forsaken place, and that was a large wooden door about twelve-feet high and single key that mocks Sombra with each passing moment of his life in this eternal torment of a boring hell.

The key was tied around the door knob with a string of leather. The key hung from the door knob, It’s golden body seem to shine in this dark place.

One would think the dark lord of the north would use his magic to grab a simple key but for whatever reason he could not use his magic in this place.

It was clear to him that this hell was made just for him. "But did it have to be so boring why could I have not gotten a hell where I am at least being killed, disemboweled, or being fed razor sharp crystals for internaty," Sombra said to himself.

“This place have to be such a bore, I would rather have Discored burst through the door and be my torturer for the rest of time."

It was as if the gods of this world old or new heard his wish. The door to the stone room burst open with enough force to knock it of it hinges. Rushing inside the room was non other then Diacored himself.

Sombra stared unblinking at the multi-body creature before him, "I was only kidding!" Sombra shouted to the ceiling above him.

"Samson!" Discored shouted at Sombra, "We have to go now!" He sprinted towards the cage.

"Samson?" Sombra said confusedly.

Sombra knew Discored was a little off his hinges but, to confused the tyrant of the north with another pony, especially one who had the name of Samson was something he thought he would never lived to hear nor see.

"You must have me confused with some other pony Discored."

"Samson, quit playing games we need to get out of here now!" Discored looked frantically around the room as tho he was expecting something to leap out of the walls and attack him.

"I have no idea what you are talking about Discored, and my name is Sombra king of the north. The next time you call me Samson I'll gut you like the old goat you are."

"Oh for Sigmar sacks!" Discored grabbed the top of Sombra head. Magic began to pour into the dark coated stallion.

Sombra flinch as a wave of pain shot through him. It felt like a thousand needles stabbed at his body and mind.

Suddenly memory's began to pour into the Sombras mind. Memory's he had no knowledge of or even remember seeing.
____________________

Sombra found himself standing in a large dark cave. The smell of brimstone was strong in the dark cave, and yet there another smell in the cave one Sombra knew too well; the smell of rot and decay. The smell was strong enough to burn the tyrants nose like a match was alight inside his nose.

There were carvings of symbols he has never seen before. The cuts were deep into the stone of the cave like a scare on flesh.

Sombra found himself walking towards a cave wall that struck out the most. The wall had carvings like the rest of the cave but in the center of the wall was a circle with with eight arrows pointing in all direction.

There were other symbols carved into the wall. What Sombra could see, these symbols were carved deeper into the stone and larger than the other symbols In The cave. One symbol look like a skull with long fangs for teeth and look of pure anger.

Another symbol Was three arrow and three circles; the arrows are facing north,south east, and south west. One circle was on the right side of the north arrow another one was on the left side and the final circle at the bottom of the two arrows facing south, west and south east.

Another symbol that stick out in the cave was what looked like the male symbol of sex but with two crescent moons; one moon was facing backwards towards the the circle of the male gender and the other replaced the arrow for the male gender.

The final symbol was very strange. It was unlike any he had ever seen but yet he felt strong magic coming from the symbol. It looked like a wave of magic with an eye in the center of the wave splitting it in two waves of magic.

“I-i feel like I know these symbols but from where.”

Sombra reach out his right hand towards the wall but saw his hand was completely different. Instead of his black coat fur he had it was replace with dark rough skin.

Jumping back a few feet from shock he step into a small puddle of water that in his shock did not see. Looking down the Tyrant king found himself looking at a different creature rather than a pony.

Sombra placed both hands on his face and the reflection in the water followed his actions.

The creature he was looking at had dark skin, It had two feet instead of hooves and it was wearing some kind of robes with a steel breastplate over the robes.

The robes were red with a shining gold trim, a necklace of a two headed bird covered in gold hung around his neck. A scroll hung from his side.

“By the seven lords of hell what is going on?”

Sounds of rushing feet came behind Sombra. Quickly he turned around to see a group of creatures that look like him but with lighter skin color. There are two males and one female from what Sombra could see rushing towards him.

One of the males were small and very slim, he had white hair but appeared to be in his twenties and, had a beard like Discored. He wore a dark blue robe and was carrying a long staff that took the shape of an eagle at the end of the staff. It seemed to glow with power; strong magic unfamiliar to the dark lord.

Thee other male was a giant to the rest of the group. He stood about seven feet tall and, was in full-plate mail. He had tannish skin with a large beard and dark brown eye's. He carried a rather large axe in his right hand while he carried a torch in the other.

Then there she was, the only female in the group. Sombras felt his heart skip a beat as he watch the goddess who ran past him following the giant.

She was beautiful, her long black hair flowed like if it had life of it's own her gorgeous blue eyes could melt stone from how bright and wonderful they are. Her slim curvy body made the tyrant of north drool at mere sight. She wore leather armor and was holding two very long daggers in both her hands. Potions of green, blue, and red hang from her side and shook with each step she took.

"Samson," the Slim male creature shouted at a trances Sombra, "come on, and have that scroll at the ready we can't let the ruins powers take over this world."

The slim male ran foreword to catch up with the group. Sombra looked at the stone carved wall one last time before following the creature further into the darkness.
———————————

An hour goes by (or at least what felt like a hour for Sombra.) and Somba could feel his legs along with his lungs burning for rest. He and this little band of creatures he traveled with have never stop running in full sprint ever since he found himself in this strange place.

Normally he would not be so fatigued but this form he has is weak compared to his real body, and the armor he is wearing does not help him at all.

“Come on Samson thou must keep up, the fate of this world is up to you reading that scroll.” the graceful maiden ordered.

“Maybe if the fair maiden gave me her name I might keep up.” Sombra shouted from the back of the group.

The maiden laugh, “Thou forgot our name already after all this time? If thou wishes to relearn thy name then thou shell. I am Nilsandra Alnamor.”

“I see well Nilsandra,” A wonderful name Sombra thought, “When this over we should go get a drink sometime.” Sombra sheepishly smiled.

The entire party laugh, “Haha, the Paladin is willing to break his values for you Night, It may be sign for you to have a family yet.” The giant spoke in a familiar voice.”

“One would think that it would take a great amount of skill for one to make a paladin of Sigmar do such a thing. Haha.” The slim male also spoke with a familiar voice.

In fact they all sounded rather familiar. Like he has heard their voices before in another life or another world.

“Hey Turak.” The slim creature spoke to the giant.”

“What is it David?” the giant asked.

“How many kids do you think the Samson and Night will have.”

Turak laugh at his friend little joke. Nilsandra how ever blushed like rose and gave the one called David the meanest looking death glare Sombra has ever seen.

After hearing their names and their conversation Sombras head started to hurt. He stop running and placed both his hands on his head for the pain only got worse. Like a quick flash lighting a memory of some sort flash into his head. He for no more than a millisecond saw them standing in what would be a temple at the doorway pointing at him.

“Was that how I came to this place,” Sombra asked himself, “Was this a past life that Discored only knows about? I-I do remember him saying something about that Sigmar before I awoke in this form and in this cave.” Sweat fell from Sombras brow. It made a soft splash in the cave that echoed throughout it.

“An echo?” Coming back to reality Sombra looked around for his party members but found out there where no were near him.

“Nilsandra, Turak, David.” Sombra shouted through the darkness.

There was no response.

Sombra started moving forward down further into the darkness of the cave with no light to guide him he had use his other senses to navigate through the cave. It would be a simple task for him just to cast a spell of light but just like the prison he was trapped in he could not use his powers here.

Sombra cursed that he did not have his powers with him, “Oh how I would love to have my magic back.” Sombra side to himself.

Being use to the dark Sombra caught something quickly out of the corner of his eye that something big and fast ran past him; about ten feet away from him.

“Who there,” Sombra called out to the shadows, “Come out you coward if hiding in the shadows is your only way to frighten me then obviously you don't know who I am.”

From within the shadows a creature step forward, and when it did Sombra regretted ever calling out the creature before him.

It was a bipedal creature with blood red skin. It’s eye’s black, blacker than coal and this cave it’s face looked like a skull with rows of razor sharp teeth and a long black tongue. the top of the creature head seemed to have grown outwards towards the roof of the ceiling, there were two sets of long horns that charred and crack with small flames every so often would burst out like a vent full of steam.

It stood on the palm of its three toed feet that scrape against the cave floor.

In it’s right hand a two-handed sword that was as big as Sombras body burst into flames with hellish fire consuming the blade.

“C-Coward,” The creature spoke in a deep disembodied voice,“I-I will show y-you who is a c-coward after I d-drain you of all of your blood.” With a Roar that shook the very cave itself the creature leap towards Sombra with the sword reach out to strike him.

Sombra dodged to the left just before the blade sliced him into two. The creature was fast for Sombra had a few seconds to dodge another attack from the creature before him.

"S-stand still S-so I may gut you like a f-fish." The Creature spat.

Sombra knew he is no match for this monster he must run, "but it would run me through as soon as i turn my back." Sombra thought to himself. He had to act and act fast.

The creature raised it sword above its head ready to bring it down upon Sombra. It brought it down.

Sombra parried to the left and punch the creature with a left hook, followed by a right hook punch.

The creature grunted as Sombra put his entire body into more punches across the creatures head, body, and arms.

The creature stumbled backwards from relentless assault from Sombra and his power punches.

The creature rowrd a battle cry, it caught one Sombras punches with its massive hand. Lifting Sombra off the ground the creature brought Sombra closer to it.

"Y-your soul is mine." It placed the sword to Sombras chest and slowly began to push into him.

Sombra flinch as the blade slowly pushed its way into him. The sick wet sounds of flesh being torn apart by the hellish sword filled the room as the blade slowly made it’s way into Sombra.

The creature smiled and continued to push the blade into Sombra, "D-Die." And with one final push the entire sword through. splitting bones and muscles apart.

He let out a gasp as unbelievable pain shot through him.

"Samson!" A female voice came from the darkness.

"Nilsandra..." Sombra weakly gasp.

The creature that hold Sombra in his hands let out a cry of pain that sounded more like an enraged wild beast from the Crystal Mounties. It let go of Sombra and with a hard thud Sombra grunted as he hit the floor of cave.

The creature let out an ear piercing scream as a large knife planted itself in the creature's chest. The creature burst into purplish flames before disappearing right in front of Sombras eye’s.

“Samson,” the voice of Nilsandra spoke frantically. “You old fool what were you thinking of getting yourself lost like that.”

Sombra cough up blood as he tried to speak but only weak raspy gasps came out.

Rushing to his side Nilsandra fell to her knees and lift Sombras head off the ground, “Don’t speak.” she reach to her side were the potions were tied around her waist. She reach and grabbed hold of the red potion.

She removed the quirk from the bottle with 'pop', “Drink this it will help.” She placed the potion to his mouth and let the red liquid fall into his mouth.

Sombra drink greedily for the potion. It has a strange cherry flavor to it, that washed away the taste of blood as soon it touch Sombras tongue.

“There that should help your wound.” She spoke in a much more calm tone.

To his surprise his wounds began to heal almost instantly right before his eye’s. Flesh began to form around the large hole that was in his chest he could feel his bones coming back together and healing like they were never damaged in the first place.

“Thank you.” It felt strange for him to say such a nice word.

“thou must come with me for we are are not done yet.”
She help Sombra to his feet with him leaning on her shoulders for support, She carried the Tyrant to where the rest of the group.

Turak along with david waited outside a large metal door with the runes that Sombra saw at the beginning of the cave. This time demonic faces along with

“I found him and lucky that I did he was fighting a Bloodletter by himself.”

“He tried fighting a demon of khorn by himself with no weapons? he is more stupid than what i thought.” Turak said, he moved over to Nilsandra and took Sombra from her, letting Sombra to lean on him.

Sombra coughed, “And you are a ass.” he laugh before violently coughing.

“You should take it easy,” David spoke in a serious tone, “You were hurt by a blade of Khorn not many can survive such a thing and talk about it, Nilsandra are you sure you want to read the scroll.” David asked worried for his companion.

“He is the only one who can do it, we won't get another chance like this.”

“I know but he could die from just reading it.”

“I know it risky but we have no choice, we can’t let them win.”

Sombra push himself away from Turak, “enough,” taking a step closer to the two, "I will read this scroll and banish what ever spawn that creature." Sombra spoke, determine to rid the creature that nearly killed him and its kind.

"Tho I could use them for world conquest later on and revenge on those who wrong me." He thought to himself.

"Thou is sure?” Nilsandra asked.

“Yes, now lets get this over with.” Sombra placed both his hands on the large metal door and pushed.

The doors open with large creek that echoed throughout the cave.

Darkness, pure utter darkness was all Sombra could see in the room. Looking back to the group he shrugged and took a step inside. Not even an echo was made.

“Its too quiet for this place, something is not right about this.” Sombra took another step into the dark room.
Turak followed behind him with the torch in hand, “Nothing is illuminating, it is as if the darkness in swallowing the light of the troch.”

Taking few more step into the darkness Sombra looked back to see the rest of the group following behind him. As the last member of the party entered the door closed shut on itself with ‘clank’ of the lock.

A voice from the darkness spoke it was deep and powerful. With each word it said it sounded like it angry and annoyed by just talking.

“So, the heros who will defeat us have finally arrived to this world through the will of their dead god.” The voice laugh.

Sombra and along with the group each took a fighting stance, weapons drawn and ready for anything to attack them.

“Show your self, unless you're too afraid to do so.” Turak challenged the voice in the dark.

Suddenly the room lit up with a ring fire circling the party. The room was made out of red solid red stone with chains and demonic symbols carved everywhere. Four flames appeared on what looked like thrones above the group. Each throne had it’s own unique designed too it but the flames are what stick out the most.

The four flames had a different color from each other. There was a red flame sat on a Throne of skulls and Blood poured from walls like waterfalls.

Another flame was a dark blue that seemed to have a changing Throne that would take different shapes every few seconds; Sombra could feel strong magic coming from it.

Another flame was green and the stench of decay was powerful enough to make turak gag from the smell. It’s Thrones seemed to made of rotting flesh with pus and other strange green, yellow liquids seeping from it.

The final flame was a light pink. Sombra instantly felt very uncomfortable towards this flame. It’s presence alone enough to send a shiver down his spine but the Throne is what sealed the deal for him.

The Thrones was not like thee others it wasn't made from stone, skulls, or flesh it was made of living still breathing bodies that were Stitched together and, completely naked both male and female genatila could be seen but that was not the disturbing part of it. Long black tongue’s came out of razor sharp looking teeth in the flesh of bodies that would whip through the air and slice a body making it bleed. Moans of pleasure filled the room after each strike from the black tongue’s made contact with the bodys.

“This is interesting,” a voice from the blue flame spoke, It had a males deep voice that seemed to change from deep to, soft to, even, then back to deep every time it spoke, “Let us see how these mortals play their part in my great plan.”

The red flame laughed, “Your great plan? It was all of us who made this not just you bird beak.”

The pink flame spoke. It’s voice sounded male but also female by the way it used it’s words, “Now, now Khorne don’t let Tzeentch get on your nerves like that, we don’t want to upset our new ‘toys’ besides that paladin is cute, and that barbarine they have oh, i would not mind him raging inside of me all day. Cant wait to show them a good time.” It laugh a moan of pleasure with wet slurping sounds as tho it was sucking on something.

Now it was the green flames turn to speak. It spoke with a wet gurgle multi-voice with heavy breathing followed by coughing after each sentence it spoke. “S-Slaanesh c-calm your s-self.”

“Gentlemen, or madam we have wasted too much time talking let us began the ritual.” The blue flame spoke.

“Yes let’s begin.” The flames said in unison.

The flames began pulsing, chanting began to fill the room along with screams of tortured souls from each flame. The ring of fire turned to a purple hellish looking flame with demonic faces taking shape in the fire. The strong smell of sulfur burned the noises of the party as souls of the damned began pouring out of the fire. They flew into the air screaming a horrifying, scream that would shake any mortal in there boots and began circling the ceiling creating a vortex of some sort in the ceiling.

The door to the room burst open with the force of a great wind that seemed to come out of no were. Demonic cries could be heard from the cave as glowing red, yellow, blue, and pink eyes rushed towards the door.

The demon Sombra had encountered before was back he brought an army with him along with other demons that should never exsite started making there way with weapons getting closer to him and his group.”

“Samson read the scroll now, were out of time.” Nilsandra shouted over the screaming.

“FOR THE EMPIRE!” Turak shouted at the top of his lungs, charging head first into the horde of demons with his axe in hand.

“FOR SIGMAR!” David and Nilsandra cried as they too charged the horde.

Magic from David flashed the room while Nilsandra and Turak tore apart demons with their weapons limbs and blood flew through the air like a flock of fleeing birds from a predator. Each demon they killed more spawn from portals that appeared every time a demon fell.

Sombra for a moment forgot he had the scroll. Seeing his comrades charge into the horde of abominations was something he never thought he would see. The bravery of this people that he only just knew for a short time was something to see. He felt like he knew them his whole life and watching them just throw themselves into creature that even he would never summon to his world back in the Crystal Empire.

He felt something, something he never felt before, something he never truly had but what was it. “Honor.” He never felt honor towards any one before but seeing his comrades face these things head on made him proud and honored to be by their side.

Taking the scroll in both his hands he undid the string and the sealing wax. Pulling the bottom of the scroll towards he was shock to see Equine written in the scroll.

A shout from behind him made Sombra turn his attention to the battle going on behind him. Turak had a blade run through him, but the barbarine just let loose a battle cry and crushed the skull of the demon with his bare hand.

Sombra began to read the scroll:

“Forces of chaos and all that dark, and unholy chaos will not rule these lands in the name of sigmar our gracious god who light and will shines from the heavens to lead us through any parallel. Through his holy light and might by the power of Sigmar I banish all evil from this world and the next, Kandra, Amulan, Agmasa, Nitoanmorma, Falkandra!”

The room shook violently as rubble began to fall from the ceiling the very floor they were standing in began to crack and splinter. A blinding light flashed the room, Sombra screamed as he felt his body began to shift and change. He let loose another scream as he was swallowed up the light.
_______________
Sombras jail cell
_______________
Sombra gasp for air as the vision faded before him. He fell to his knees greedily sucking all the air he could fill his burning lungs.

“Now, do you remember?” Discored asked.

“D-David? what happen.”

“When we defeated chaos in this world we banished the evil from it, but because we did this there was no balance over good and evil thus turning us into monsters of our own wants, and needs.”

“But, But what about Turak and Nilsandra.”

“Turak is Tirek, He took the name after he conquered a demon realm for himself, as for Nilsandra she is known as Nightmare moon.”

“She the one trapped in the moon Princess!”

“Yes.”

“why did she choose that name over any other.”

“Her name was night in her peoples tongue and sandra means moon.”

Now it all made sense, “If we replaced the evil in this world then there should be no way for chaos to ever come back here right?”

“I’m afraid not, a servant of chaos from a different time has just arrived and with him he brought them back here so they may finish what they started.”

“We can’t let this happen get me out of here so I may ride of these demons once and for all.”

Discored nod in agreement. He placed both his claw and paw hand on the jail cell. With one mighty pull he ripped the bars away and tossed them to the side.

“Come Samson we must leave now and find that scroll, for it is the only thing to stop this madness.”

Sombra followed Discored out the door they that he kicked down, “Down this hallway we should make it to the exit of your prison and from there we must locate the scroll.”

Sombra and Discored dashed through the long hall. They made it the end; Discored grabbed hold of the door at the end of the hallway and tugged. The door open with a creek.

Walking through the door Discored was about to speak when the room changed right before them.

A ring of fire formed around them. The strong smell of decay filled the room along with moans of pleasure. They are standing in the same room they once were all those years ago.

“This can’t be.” Discored said out loud.

“Oh, but it is Davied.” The familiar deep angry voice spoke.

The familiar multicolored flames appeared once more in the same spot they had before.

“We're back.” They flames said in unison.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long to write this chapter. I have been busy if you did not see my blog report on why.

Thank you for reading and liking this story it means a lot to me. Have a nice day or Night where ever you are.

~Mineturtal247