• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 5,376 Views, 175 Comments

BioShock: Infinite- A Steel Embrace - djingledjango



A Big Daddy is accidentally sent to Ponyville through a tear. It is up to Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth to bring him back to prevent casualties.

  • ...
9
 175
 5,376

The Monster

BioShock: Infinite- A Steel Embrace

Booker Dewitt sighed heavily as he and his current ally, a beautiful girl named Elizabeth, walked warily through the streets of the underwater utopia of Rapture. Andrew Ryan's brilliant and well lit halls gave a warm, cheery air to the place. The gigantic windows showed off the amazing array of undersea life surrounding the city. An enormous whale swam slowly by the window. Booker paid no attention to the beautiful surroundings he walked though, however. The private detective and the woman accompanying him were beginning to see the warning signs of an apocalypse in Rapture, and they wanted out.

The war between Andrew Ryan and the rebel leader known as Atlas was coming to a head and only one would be emerging as the victor. The war was tearing the city apart, and residents were urged by Ryan to stay in their homes unless an emergency arose. Emergencies arose all the time due to the rebels causing chaos and destroying property. Chaos was erupting in new places every day in the beautiful city. The ensuing conflict caused the surface bathysphere to be locked off and used by no one, except certain individuals with a specially crafted key. One such key belonged to the scientist Yi Suchong who was employed by Ryan.

"So...tell me how you did that." Booker said to Elizabeth, who regarded him with a raised eyebrow.

"How I did what?" She asked him. He chuckled quietly to himself and shook his head.

"You were able to distract those guards easily enough while I slipped past...but you kept them occupied...all the way until I was done getting into Suchong's facility." Booker explained. "You just seem like you have a lot more to you than you put off." Elizabeth smirked and looked forward.

"I suppose the gift of gab just comes naturally to me as the gift of thievery comes naturally to you." She said. "You do have that key on your person now, after all." Booker smiled as they continued to move. The duo currently and apprehensively moved toward the surface bathysphere to escape.

"Are you sure, I mean absolutely sure, they aren't following us?" Asked Booker. He knew that Ryan had a large amount of genetically altered and dangerous citizens, known as Splicers, at his disposal. If he knew of their theft of the key, he would surely have sent a group of them after the two of them.

"If I thought they were following us, I'd be opening tears to help us out." Elizabeth said. She possessed the strange and powerful skill to open small portals to other worlds, known as tears. "I'm sure they aren't following us."

"I haven't asked you your thoughts." Booker said to her as two paramedics carried a horribly mangled person on a stretcher. "Who do you think Atlas is?"

"I think he's a noble man." Elizabeth responded. "He seems to have his heart in the right place. The working class have nothing here in Rapture, and he's trying to get it for them. I respect that."

"He's going about it the wrong way, though." Booker said, his eyebrows furrowing. "Whatever Atlas is planning, Ryan is ready for it. He'll win and Atlas is going to fail. All out assault on Andrew Ryan is about as good a plan as Napoleon's plan in the battle of Waterloo."

"So you're a man of history, huh?" Elizabeth asked Booker, raising an eyebrow.

"Let's not get distracted." Booker said. "Focus on the task at hand."

"We've got the key." Elizabeth said. "We're getting out of here. Might as well have some small talk while-"

"Stop!" Booker said harshly, putting a hand in front of Elizabeth. The woman wondered what was wrong before she looked ahead and saw the massive Bouncer series Big Daddy, accompanying a Little Sister through the halls. The massive syringe gripped soundly in her hand.

"How do you expect to get around him?" Elizabeth asked Booker, who turned and looked at her.

"I'm open to ideas." He said.

"He's sure as hell not going to let us get anywhere near her." Elizabeth said. "And it's a small hallway."

"Hey!" A gruff voice called from behind them. "There they are!" The detective and his companion turned and saw four Splicers moving toward them furiously. Two of them held pistols while the others held vicious looking clubs.

"Take cover, Elizabeth!" Booker shouted as he drew his revolver from his coat and opened fire on the Splicers. The gunfire caught the attention of the Big Daddy, who growled and moved the Little Sister behind him. One of the Splicers shot at Booker but missed and hit the Bouncer. He must not have seen it down the hallway behind Booker's body. It's portholes glowed a deep red.

"Oh shit." The splicer said as The Big Daddy charged for them. Booker jumped out of the way and took cover with Elizabeth behind a crate.

"I thought you knew that we weren't being followed!" Booker said.

"I didn't see any sign that we'd been found out!" Elizabeth said. "It's not like you've never made a damn mistake in your life."

The Big Daddy roared as he launched his drill through the torso of one Splicer. He screamed in agony as the steel cable attaching the drill to the Big Daddy's arm became taut and pulled him into the crushing embrace of the metallic behemoth. It crushed the splicer's head with one squeeze of it's huge fingers. It then charged for the others, taking bullets like they were nothing and eviscerated two of them with a single swing of it's spinning drill before picking up the third one and bending him backwards, breaking his spine in two. The Bouncer threw the corpse onto the ground and turned to see Booker peeking over the edge of the crate he and Elizabeth were behind. Believing him to be another one of the Splicers, the Big Daddy began moving toward the crates.

"Get 'em, Mr. Bubbles!" The Little Sister cried out in joy as her protector's drill began to rotate.

"Elizabeth," Booker said to the woman next to him. She looked at him. "Think of the farthest place from here that you can...And open a tear."

"Booker...you're not seriously..." Elizabeth began.

"Do you want to be killed?" Booker asked her. She said nothing. "Then do it." Elizabeth reluctantly opened the tear and sat back. The land looked very different from Rapture, to be sure. It was bright and green, very plentiful. Some wild horses galloped through the fields.

"Good." Booker said before holding his hand in front of the two of them. It lit up with electricity just as the Big Daddy threw the large crate to the side. A bolt of electricity came from his hand and seemed to paralyze the Big Daddy. Booker then threw down what looked to be a sort of mine in front of it. The electric shock seemed to fade away as the Big Daddy began to step forward, right onto the mine. The explosion wasn't massive, but it was enough to stagger the behemoth for a moment. Booker took the opportunity to move forward with all of his strength. He jumped and kicked the Bouncer with both feet, moving the Big Daddy back another foot or two...

Right into the tear.

The whole occurrence took about three seconds before Elizabeth closed the tear. Booker breathed heavily and looked at his companion, who sighed and looked at her hands ruefully.

"What have I done?" Elizabeth said to herself.

"What do you mean?" Booker asked with a small smile on his face. "We just cheated death there." He said.

"I just sent that thing to another place...with other people." Elizabeth said. "They won't know what it is...it could kill them...a lot of them."

"Better them than us, Elizabeth." Booker said as he looked at the Little Sister, who was currently crying at the loss of her protector. "Right?" He then looked at Elizabeth who still looked very guilty of her action.

"Right?"

_____

"You want a piece of me?!" Scootaloo shouted angrily. "Bring it, you prissy little-" The young Pegasus escaped the hold of her two friends, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom and leaped over the desk she sat at before bounding toward the known bully of her class, Diamond Tiara. The prim little filly had said some rather unsavory things about her friends and when Scootaloo stood up for them, Diamond Tiara made a personal jab at Scootaloo's lack of flying ability. Diamond Tiara exited her seat and ran to the opposite side of the room, attempting to escape the suddenly terrifying wrath of her intended victim.

"Scootaloo!" Cheerilee yelled suddenly, making Scootaloo stop in her tracks. Their teacher rarely raised her voice, but when she did, something serious was up. "Stop where you are right now!"

"But Miss Cheerilee-" Scootaloo began, raising her eyebrows.

"I don't want to hear it." Cheerilee said. "I'm so tired of you fighting Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon." Diamond Tiara stuck a tongue out at Scootaloo and blew a raspberry. "And I'm so tired of you bullying the three of them!" This grabbed Diamond Tiara's attention, as her eyes widened.

"But-" Diamond Tiara began.

"The both of you stay after class for detention." Cheerilee said. "An hour for you, Diamond Tiara. Scootaloo, you get forty five minutes." Scootaloo looked at her friends and shrugged. Diamond Tiara's mouth dropped.

"But she attacked me!" Diamond cried out, nearly on the verge of tears.

"Because you said something that was very personal and hurtful to her." Cheerilee said. "An hour for you. No exceptions." Scootaloo smiled to herself and sat down next to Applebloom and Sweetie Belle.

"Why're ya smilin'?" Applebloom asked. "You have to stay after class for forty five minutes."

"Yeah, but Diamond Tiara has to stay an hour." Scootaloo said. "I get to leave and she has to stay fifteen more minutes. I'll take it." The orange filly looked at her friends and smirked.

"When you put it that way, that's a nice win for you!" Sweetie Belle said happily. They were interrupted by Cheerilee clearing her throat and tapping a hoof on the floor. The three fillies moved away from each other and sat straight up in their seats.

"Sorry, Miss Cheerilee." The three fillies said almost in complete unison.

The rest of class passed by relatively quickly. As the rest of the students left the schoolhouse, Scootaloo, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle all sat together. Unlike Scootaloo's friends, Diamond Tiara's friend Silver Spoon left her there alone. The spoiled little filly eyed the three cutie mark crusaders evilly, most likely plotting to do some horrible thing to them that she couldn't possibly hope to actually do. Cheerilee sat at her desk, bored of course, grading papers. She didn't bother to pay much of any visual attention to the four fillies sitting at their desks, but she had very acute hearing. None of the fillies said a word to each other. The crusaders raised their eyebrows at Diamond knowingly, which only served to infuriate their enemy even more. Taunting Diamond Tiara managed to stay a good way to entertain themselves for a good ten minutes. After that, they as well as Cheerilee, ebbed away into the flow of boredom. Applebloom teetered silently back and forth in her chair, Sweetie Belle fidgeted about with her hooves, and Scootaloo merely laid her head down on the table.

"Okay." Cheerilee said. "Scootaloo, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle. You three are free to go." The cursaders cheered and smirked happily at Diamond Tiara.

"What?!" Diamond Tiara nearly screamed. "They get to leave early?! Why would you let them leave early and not me?" Cheerilee leaned forward on her desk and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Because. There are two things that I really cannot stand. A spoiled-rotten child who feels that it's entitled to anything it wants, and a bully. You just so happen to be both of those to a T." Cheerille turned to the three crusaders and smiled at them. "You three have a nice weekend. See you monday."

"Bye, Miss Cheerilee!" Applebloom said.

"See you Monday!" Sweetie Belle called.

"Thanks, Miss Cheerilee!" Scootaloo finished off their farewells as they left the building. They celebrated as they walked; this fantastic victory of their sworn enemy was not one they'd soon forget and one that they'd never let Diamond Tiara live down.

"Alright!" Scootaloo said happily, rubbing her fore hooves together. "Applebloom! We're gonna have a complete blast tonight!"

"You bet!" Applebloom replied. "We're gonna make a bonfire in my backyard, have candied apples and do all kinds of other cool stuff!"

"You guys get to have all the fun!" Sweetie Belle sulked. "I have to help Rarity out on some stupid dress order."

"Well, you could really try begging Rarity to let you stay with us tonight." Scootaloo said with a smirk. "Even though I don't think begging's your style." Sweetie Belle blushed intensely and looked away from her friends.

"Actually, I already did beg." Sweetie said. "She still said no, and that this is a big order."

"Are ya at least gettin' paid for any of it?" Applebloom asked her friend. "After all if you're helpin', you should get a cut of the profit."

"I already asked her that too." Sweetie Belle continued. "She said that whatever we make off this order is going toward groceries, and since we'll be sharing that, we'll be technically sharing the profits." They passed an ice cream stand and waved to the nice stallion that ran it that they usually bought from.

"What?!" Scootaloo said. "Oh, come on, that's not cool."

"Makes sense to me, actually." Applebloom said. "Applejack actually says somethin' very similar to me a lot of the time that Ah work at the stand."

"Oh..." Sweetie Belle said, looking down for a moment. "I guess that does make some sense."

"You'd think that after so long being in class with us, Diamond Tiara would lay off on the insults." Scootaloo said before blowing her purple mane out of her eyes, frustrated. "I really wanted to hit her."

"Violence is never the answer, Scootaloo." Sweetie Belle said with a smile, earning a raised eyebrow from her Pegasus friend. "At least...that's what Rarity tells me."

"That bit about your wings was seriously uncalled for, though." Applebloom said. "And as far as Ah'm concerned, she's long overdue for a good sluggin'." They continued walking together, chatting merrily about some different things before they finally arrived at the Carousel Boutique.

"Alright, guys." Sweetie Belle said, turning to her friends with a smile. "Here's my stop."

"Ah really wish you could come with us, Sweetie Belle." Applebloom said, slightly saddened.

"Next weekend, definitely!" Scootaloo said, nodding happily.

"Okay!" Sweetie Belle said before moving toward her home. "See you guys!" Waving to their friend until she moved into her house, Applebloom and Scootaloo walked together.

"I've just gotta run by the home and grab some stuff." Scootaloo said. "Then I'll be there with you in the treehouse."

"When ya say it like that, its so depressing." Applebloom said.

"What do you mean?" Scootaloo asked her friend.

"Just the way ya say it." Applebloom continued. "The Home. Ugh, it breaks my heart every time I hear it."

"Oh, it's not so bad." Scootaloo said. "The ponies there are really nice, and I barely ever spend any time there anyways. I just go there to sleep."

"Don't ya want somethin' more than just...The Home?" Applebloom asked her. The question stung Scootaloo a bit and she shrugged as they walked.

"I don't know." Scootaloo said. "I guess I've never really wanted anything other than what I've got. I mean don't get me wrong, it looks really nice to have an actual family, but I don't...I..." Scootaloo sighed heavily and looked down. She was lying through her teeth. Of course she wanted a family. Of course she wanted a kind of guardian that was more than just an overseer that was nice.

"We don't have to talk about it, Scoots." Applebloom said, putting a hoof on her friend's shoulder. "Ah'll meet you back at the treehouse."

"Okay." Scootaloo said with a smile and a nod. "See you there."

Applebloom and Scootaloo went their separate ways, Scootaloo deciding to take the long way to the home for young fillies where she slept. Her hooves suddenly felt heavier and her eyelids felt like they were drooping. She moved along a path that went around the outside of Ponyville, the town perfectly visible from where she was. Her mind buzzed as it usually did when she was longing for a true family of her own. Being told you were dropped off on a doorstep as a baby wasn't exactly the best thing to hear growing up as a lonely filly. Her friends helped a ton, sure, but they couldn't truly fill the gap that a parent should fill. Someone who could watch over her...protect her. A father, maybe...a father that would never let anything bad to her.

As Scootaloo walked, a sort of portal opened about ten feet above the ground in front of her. Her eyes widened heavily as she looked, terrified at what looked to be a portal to another realm. Out of the portal came something that made Scootaloo's eyes widen in fear even more.

A gigantic monster. It was hunchbacked and looked to be made of metal. Eight lit up holes lined the front of it's head, glowing yellow menacingly. It had enormous appendages with what looked to be five tentacles sprouting from the tip of it. It only had one of these for the other appendage, terrifyingly enough was an extremely dangerous-looking drill. It towered over Scootaloo, dazzling and terrifying in its stature. It groaned deeply and looked around at where it was. It was blocking her from Ponyville. She couldn't possibly get past it. She did the only thing she could think of to do.

She screamed.

She screamed as loudly as she could. This grabbed the attention of the monster before Scootaloo. It groaned loudly and began to move toward the filly. It's footsteps rocked the earth around it, Scootaloo feeling the tremors that came with it's massive steps. She backed up, whimpering, unsure of what exactly to do. This creature likely wanted to eviscerate her where she was. I reached it's arm out to her, prepared to grab her. She dodged the hand and stepped back quickly. The creature began moving toward her again, increasing in speed. The terrified filly turned and ran, her mind running out of viable options of escape.

The monster gave chase, proving to be deceptively fast, despite it's massive size. It was able to keep up with Scootaloo, who was sprinting. It groaned once more, making Scootaloo's heart rate increase even more. Instinctively, her little wings tried to take her into flight, but she failed miserably as they did nothing but flutter where they were. Into the Everfree Forest she ran. As far as the filly was concerned, nothing in this forest was as bad as what was pursuing her now. The many trees slowed the monster down considerably. This coupled with Scootaloo's small frame allowed her to escape. She still heard the creature moaning, though. Goddesses, it was an awful sound. She heard the stomping of the monster's massive feet coming closer. It somehow was still on her trail. She frantically looked around for any kind of place to hide, eventually setting her sights on a cave-like formation in some rocks. She moved as quickly as she could into the formation and hunkered down where she was. She felt far from safe, but it was better than out in the open.

A low growling alerted Scootaloo that she was far from alone. A manticore, one of the most feared beasts in Equestria, moved forward from the shadows and snarled as Scootaloo. It took a swipe at Scootaloo, who just barely dodged the blow. She ran from the cave, determined to survive whatever it took. Until she ran right into the monster that had been pursuing her before. It groaned once more, looking down at her.

'It's over...' Scootaloo thought to herself. 'I'm going to die here and now. If this thing doesn't get me, the manticore will.' The monster that stood above her didn't make any kind of killing move, however. It merely looked down at her. Confused for a moment, Scootaloo's thoughts were interrupted by a roar from the manticore. It was currently staring down this new monster. The massive metal behemoth quickly grabbed Scootaloo. She screamed, but found out that it was all for naught as the monster placed her gently behind it. It roared right back at the manticore and stood in front of Scootaloo, brandishing it's massive drill at the manticore.

It was...protecting her.

Author's Note:

(Obligatory) Here is my first ever crossover, guys! Be sure to tell me what you think! I'd really appreciate it. I'm really excited for where I have planned for this to go! Cheers!