• Published 17th Nov 2013
  • 2,624 Views, 100 Comments

Blood Brandy's Snippet Storage Shed - Blood Brandy



An Assortment of unfinished ideas, pony plot bunnies and random snippets. Content tagged at start of each part.

  • ...
6
 100
 2,624

The Nobility of Canterlot

The Nobility of Canterlot

Characters: Princess Celestia, Queen Chrysalis, Changelings, Fancy Pants, Fleur-De-Lis, Prince Blueblood, Twilight Sparkle, Spike

Tags: Action, very mild gore and blood

(((((((((())))))))))

"Ah! Shining Armor's love for you is even stronger than I thought!" The changeling queen boasted, "Consuming it has made me even more powerful than Celestia!"

Her declaration of victory was cut short by a deep, echoing chuckle, breaking into full blown laughter-

Oddly enough, from Celestia herself.

"And what is so funny?" The changeling growled, "You've lost! Your throne, you home, your lands will be ours!"

"Oh, I'm sorry," Celestia said, letting her laughter die down a bit, "I don't believe I got your name,"

Narrowing her eyes warily as the Sun Princess rose, seemingly unharmed aside from the scorch on her horn, the changeling growled, "Chrysalis."

"Well, you see, Chrysalis, that was actually rather comforting," Celestia stated, to the confusion of the changeling, "You see, even as Captain of the Guard and the elder brother of my beloved student, I still held some small doubts as to Shining Armor's intentions with my niece, which is to be expected, as she is more of a daughter in some ways. To know his love for her is this strong is...comforting."

"But it doesn't matter, you've lost-"

"-A ranged beam battle," Celestia finished in a bored tone, "Something many would be able to boast, not the least of which is my sister, Cadance in certain circumstances and, if not now then soon, even my gifted young student," She added with a wink at the bashful Twilight. "You see, my power isn't exactly great for battle. I'm better suited for support, things like protection, purification or," her horn glowing, the glow spreading to her whole body, Celestia stood tall, uninjured, "Healing. And if I do, indeed, need to battle, I'm much more of a-" in a flash, she was in front of the queen, "-close quarters combatant." With a glowing back-hoof, the changeling queen was sent flying towards a wall.

Slowing her unwanted flight, Chrysalis glared at the princess, "Then I suppose I'll just keep you at a distance while my Army destroys your city, won't I?"

Again, Celestia laughed softly, "I see you learned nothing of Canterlot in the two weeks and for or five days you have been here." Celestia smiled viciously at the surprised look on the changelings face, "Oh, yes, we caught on to you after a few days, save for Shining who was under your spell. We simply played along until we could find the real Cadance, which I had to bring in Twilight for, but that's besides the point. You see, Chrysalis, Equestria has very, very few inherited titles. Unlike the Griffon Empire, where nobility is inherited and the young are meant and expected to grow into their title, any being in Canterlot who bears a Title of Nobility has earned that title themselves through blood, sweat and tears, sometimes their own, sometimes that of an enemy of the country or the world at large."

Her eyes glowing, Celestia's voice carried through the castle, and throughout the entire city, "Nobles of Canterlot, hear your call to arms. We have been invaded by a small strike-force of shape-shifters. Until I say otherwise, give no quarter, and take no prisoners."

Chrysalis was almost insulted, "Do you think your weak little ponies will stand any cha-"

BOOOM!

A monstrous crash of thunder shook the room as lightning fried a squad of changelings outside a window that was shattered by the sound. The Queen managed to bring up a shield around herself, a few streaking lights struck the nearby Changeling Guards as another bounced off of her shield, revealing an...arrow?

*Boom!*

The arrows in her guards exploded, covering Chrysalis' shield in green blood as it was pushed back from the window.

"Freddy!"

"Ms. Fleur!

The Ponyville natives looked to their violet friends, then to the window in awe. Indeed, Fleur-De-Lis, the famous model, stood dressed in armor on a storm cloud of her own control, accompanied by Fancy Pants, dressed in something out of a spy novel with a patch over his usually monocled eye and what looked like an odd, drum barreled crossbow in his own mystic aura.

The girls had their attention torn away from the pair by a double-helix energy beam blasting away the changelings near them, the blast coming from the glowing eyed Night Light and Twilight Velvet.

"Twilight," the pair spoke as one, "Take your friends to safety, we will handle this."

"But Mooom, Daaad," Twilight whined, almost like a filly being told she couldn't have ice-cream for supper, "Me and Spike have been practicing for something like this." Her assistant scurrying up, she nodded, "Like Zecora taught you, Spike, Focus."

"Right!" The little dragon nodded before his eyes screwed shut in focus, gritting his teeth as his limbs twitched and cracked as they began to stretch, his body and muzzle lengthening to a point comparable to his earlier states of greed growth, but sharper, leaner.

"Twilight, ready?" The dragon grunted, receiving a nod before he spewed flames over his friend, getting gasps from their cohorts before they dissipated-

"And here I thought you'd never get around to wearing your birthday present," the dual voice chuckled, odd since it was only coming from Night Light's mouth.

Twilight stood in front of her friends in full armor, comparable to a royal guards, with a motif closer to her element and minus a helm. With a leap, she sat astride her assistant, who looked at the linked parents, "Fight now?"

"Pleeeeease, mom and dad," Twilight asked, again like a little filly.

The glowing parent sighed dramatically, sounding creepy in stereo honestly, before speaking, "Fine, as long as you watch yourselves."

The pair cheered, although Spike's sounded more like a low roar as he charged into the approaching changeling hoard, streams of fire and mystic energy firing from the pair as they attacked, leaving their awed friends in their wake, along with a path of dead or dying changelings.

The Ponyville mares couldn't quite believe what they were seeing. It was a bit more than disturbing to see their purple friends acting so...violent, slaughtering enemies left, right and center (Back, too, as a few changelings caught a heavy swing of Spike's much stronger tail). Not only that, but they seemed to almost enjoy themselves.

"Well," Twilight's parents spoke, "I suppose we should get you girls to safety, especially your friend there." The pair nodded towards a catatonic Fluttershy.

(((((((((())))))))))

The girls (Fluttershy being carried by Applejack) were led quickly through the halls of the castle by the hovering parents of Twilight Sparkle, seeing battle and carnage out every window, but even though they had seen a number of injured ponies, any dead they had seen had been splattered, beaten and, at times, charred remains of Changelings.

Dash had seen those familiar blue uniforms moving at incredible speeds, literally punching their ways through changeling after changeling. She'd seen stuff like this before, kinda. And while she may not know all the fancy math behind it like Twilight, she and a lot of now wrecked Ponyville trees knew, you go fast enough and don't stop, you can fly through pretty much anything.

If Rarity's worldview had already been jarred from seeing the famous Fleur-De-Lis frying entire squads of Changelings with lightning from the cloud she rode, it was cracked to almost shattering when she caught sight of her acquaintance and customer, Hoity Toity, who had revealed a set of heavy looking steel horseshoes underneath his cuffs, fighting off changelings and crushing their bodies with his own four hooves while keeping the same calm demeanor he had only a few months before at her fashion show, not a hair of his mane falling out of place.

Pinkie, surrounded by blood and death, felt something dark stir in the recesses of her psyche, especially so when she found Donut Joe hacking changelings to pieces with a large assortment of kitchen knives. The sight of the normally level-headed baker manically grinning as he sliced his enemies to iddy-bitty pieces...

Pinkie almost felt like she was in love, for some reason.

*SHOOM!*

As if the heavens themselves had cracked, a large swath of the sky turned black as night, enveloping a squadron of changelings attempting to flee.

"HUZZAH!" a very loud, very familiar voice rumbled the buildings and ground around them, another blast wiping more changelings from existence, the night princess's cry echoed by a significantly larger Spike bursting out the side of a tower, Twilight still astride his neck as he climbed, both of them shooting enemies out of the sky.

Soon, Twilight's parents lead the girls into a secure room already occupied by a number of out-of-town nobles and cheering children looking out the windows.

"Now, we're sure you have some questions an-"

"Ma'-er, sir...Whatever," Applejack finally spoke, "Mah Granny says 'Never ask questions you don' want the answers to', so iffin it's all the same to ya'll, Ah'm just gonna go set Fluttershy in a corner and start pretendin' this all didn' happen."

Author's Note:

This is another idea brought to you from a thread at the FanFictionForum.

The idea was basically this. What if the reason everyone in Canterlot seems to not know the Elements isn't because Ponyville is a secluded little town, but because the Nobles of Canterlot got their Noble Titles the hard way, through adventures in Bad-Assery, fighting super-villains, saving innocents and stopping world-ending monsters. And the whole reason Celestia, Luna, Blueblood and Cadance are royals is because they are, indeed, the ultimate bad-asses among bad-asses.

This lead to such possibilities hidden in the characters of Hoity Toity, Fancy Pants and Fleur-De-Lis, cool ideas of Spike's "Royal Canterlot Buisiness", and can explain why Twilight is a fan of Daring Do, because as great as she is, Lara Croft will always be in the shadow of Indiana Jones (Yes, I'm saying that, in this story, Twilight is a hidden Croft-like bad-ass, raiding ancient tombs and doesn't tell the others because it seems like it should be common knowledge in her eyes, or is just not a big deal to her).

This kinda spins out to everypony in Canterlot being bad-asses, to a lessor degree, and making the Changeling Invasion a very, very, VERY bad idea.

So we have Fleur-De-Lis as a weather mage, since we already know Unicorns can interact with clouds using magic, both to stand on them and move/activate them (Rarity sucked at it, but since she was still able to do so, others should as well). I'd see her as maybe being someone Twilight looked up to before Daring Do and possibly Celestia, a young unicorn looking up to Fleur as someone she wanted to be like, a powerful mage in her own right.

Freddy, a nickname I like for Fancy (I go with the name Frederick Nancy Pants, but have no idea as to why I always want to) is a gadget user with an automatic crossbow and exploding arrows, dressed kinda like a pony Solid Snake.

Night Light and Twilight Velvet link their power. Kind of a simple thing for a married couple, but they're just general bad-ass like the majority of Canterlot, not the higher echelons like their daughter, son or future daughter in law.

The Spike growth thing is something I've kicked around a bit. If Spike's emotional state altered his size in "Secrets of my Excess", then theoretically, with sufficient mental control, he could control his physical size and proportions to a degree, cue a Yoda-style training montage with Spike and Zecora, who seems like the best one to help him in that respect, but given that he's still training, it kinda still affects his mind in vaguely Hulk-like ways.

The Wonderbolts kinda use Flash physics (I.E. Greater speed increasing your effective mass until it feels like your opponent just got punched by a metric tonne of hoof).

Not sure why I made Hoity a martial artist, but it seemed to fit.

As for Donut Joe? I just wanted a reason for Pinkamena:heart:Joe

All said, there's a reason not many wage war against Equestria