• Published 17th Nov 2013
  • 2,640 Views, 100 Comments

Blood Brandy's Snippet Storage Shed - Blood Brandy



An Assortment of unfinished ideas, pony plot bunnies and random snippets. Content tagged at start of each part.

  • ...
6
 100
 2,640

Five Out of Six

Five Out of Six

Characters: Rarity, Spike, Mane 6

Tags: Comedy, Romance

(((((((((())))))))))

Rarity was never one to just give into jealousy, especially directed at her friends. So when she saw Applejack blushing like a school-filly on a date with Spike, she didn't let it bother her. In fact, she was happy the dragon had moved on from her rejection, and seemed happy as a clam with Applejack, and she with him.

A lady doesn't spy, but Rarity would admit to some...attentive observations of the couple from across the restaurant, and Applejack, despite seeming as nervous as she'd ever seen the farmer, had been edging close to the dragon, bit by bit, all throughout the meal until Spike called her on it, only to pull her closer as they ate desert. Seeing her friends leave side by side, together and happy, gave Rarity a bit of relief after breaking the poor dears heart only a few short weeks before.

At least until the two days later. Her day had been odd enough when, during their weekly Spa trip, Fluttershy had denied a massage, claiming she had one already that morning from her date. Sensing prime gossip, a date from the previous night giving a massage in the morning had obvious implications, Rarity had tried everything she could to learn the name of Fluttershy's mysterious suitor, but all the kind mare would do is space out and sigh, seeming to melt into the bubbling waters of the hot tub.

Rarity couldn't be happier, first Spike and Applejack, and now Fluttershy and her mystery masseur, it seemed like all her friends were finding some very special someponies.

It was on her way home when she saw Spike seeming far closer than usual with Pinkie Pie, Spike himself bouncing along with the mare as she left her work. Then again, it was Pinkie, so anything unusual could be considered normal...

Up until she kissed him.

Rarity had been so frozen in shock that by the time she'd recovered, the pink and purple pair were gone.

What had just happened? How could her dear little Spikey-Wikey be a two-timer? Had she broken his little heart so badly as to ruin the little polite little dragon that he was?

Unfortunately, she wasn't able to confront him about it. He and Pinkie were out of sight, and According to Twilight, they had gone out camping and wouldn't be back until morning, and when Rarity had returned the next day, Spike had apparently already left with Rainbow Dash.

When Friday finally rolled around, Rarity was worried, She had to find Spike today, she had to confront him about the dangerous game he was playing with their friends hearts, Applejack seemed very close with him on their date, and Pinkie was hardly one to do anything in half measures. So, with a few more split ends than she liked and hardly able to concentrate on her work enough to finish this last order of the week.

Of course, that last order being for Rainbow Dash, who was watching over her shoulder and talking, made it even harder as Rarity drifted in and out of the conversation.

"-and when I woke up, I could barely even move my legs, and my wings were stuck in full 'pomf'. At least he was nice enough to bring me breakfast in bed, or I might have had to smack him when I could walk again." the Pegasus Pony chattered on as Rarity started listening again, "But man, was it worth it, I mean he had this trick with his tongue-"

"Rainbow Dash!" Rarity screamed, turning bright red as she realized what she was listening to, "I am happy for you to have found somepony, but please don't speak with such...vulgarity in my shop."

"Hey, I was just telling you why I was late, and you didn't stop me earlier," Rainbow snapped back, "And you don't have to get all snippy just 'cause you gave up your chance with him."

For a moment, there was a screeching sound in the depths of Rarity's mind, followed by a horrible crash, She...she can't mean...

"Rainbow Dash," The fashionista started slowly, "what are you talking about?"

"Duh, Spike," Rainbow said, as if it was obvious, "You know, the one I was explaining made me late here? The guy with a four foot long tongue? The guy that-"

"NO!" Rarity cried, "This-this is horrible, this is just the Worst. Possible. Thing. EVER!"

"Uh," Rainbow looked at the overly dramatic mare, "No, I'm pretty sure it was the best possible thing ever. If he didn't have his date with Twilight today, we'd have probably just spent the whole dang day in bed."

"No, you don't understand, Spi-wait," Rarity suddenly stopped her dramatic pose as she looked Rainbow in the eye, "A date with Twilight? You know Spike is two-timing you?"

"Uh, is it still two-timing when there's five of us and we all already know?" Rainbow asked, scratching her head.

"F-Five?" Rarity's eye twitched. the mare balking at the statement as things added up, "Sp-Spike is with all of you?! And you all know?"

"Uh, yeah." Rainbow said like it was obvious, "AJ gets him on Monday, Fluttershy on Tuesday, Pinkie on Wednesday, then me, and today is Twilight's day with him. We're supposed to do group stuff over the weekend, but things have been a bit busy, I guess."

"W-why?" Rarity stuttered.

"Well, AJ had to cover for Big Mac, Pinkie needed to babysit, Twilight's been getting new bo-"

"NO!" Rarity yelled, feeling something eating away at the edges of her patience and sanity, "I-I mean why would you all have such a horrid schedule in such a...relationship?" The word almost sounded like poison in her mouth, how could they support their little friend becoming such a, such a fiend?

"Because we can't afford a house together, yet," Rainbow said, like it was obvious, "I mean, AJ said we can build it on their land, and we can build it ourselves pretty easy, but we gotta save up for a while to get the stuff to build it, since most of us can't walk on clouds without Twilight having to cast that spell over and over. But then once it's built, we can just live together and things can really get wild and fun."

Seeing her friend smile, Rarity's eye started to twitch again as her mind tried and failed to process this information.

"Rarity? Hellooooooo." The speedster waved a hoof in front of the unresponsive Unicorn, "Mission Control to Rarity, come in Rarity." She gave a slight poke to her friend, only for Rarity to fall over, stiff as a board.

(((((((((())))))))))

Rarity wasn't sure what was happening, one moment she was talking to Rainbow Dash about...something, then she saw a bright light in the distance, and somepony was calling her name.

Rarity...

Rarity..

"Miss Rarity?"

The fashionista blinked, looking away from the flashlight held by Nurse Tenderheart, "Oh, what happened?" Rarity asked, rubbing her head.

"Well, aside from a small bump on her head, she's fine," Tenderheart said.

"Oh, that's good to hear," a soft voice sighed at Rarity's right.

"Oh, Fluttershy," Rarity sighed in relief, she must have passed out or had an accident in the spa, "I had the strangest dream."

"Just lay down, Miss Rarity," Tenderheart said, marking something on a chart before heading to the door, "I'll just get you some asprin and you'll be good to leave."

"I'm glad you're alright, Rarity," Fluttershy smiled, "I was so worried when I saw Rainbow Dash carrying you here."

"Oh, it's nothing to worry about at-wait," Rarity paused for a moment, "Rainbow Dash?"

"Oh, yes, she said you passed out at the boutique and hit your head. I met her on her way here, she went to get the others and-"

"Fluttershy," Rarity cuter her off, "Are you dating Spike."

Turning red, the Element of Kindness hid slightly behind her own mane, "Yes."

Slightly surprised at the complete lack of stutter, Rarity pressed on, "And you know he's been dating the other girls, don't you?"

"Of course," Fluttershy answered with a quirk of her head, "I mean, Applejack asked him first, but we were all there and she was nice enough to keep things open and, well, the others were nice enough to let me be second, even though I would have been fine waiting until Friday."

"A-And you're okay with all of this?" the unicorn asked incredulously, "You're okay with only being one of many? Okay with encouraging Spike to be some sort of-of fiend?!"

"Now you wait just a minute, Rarity," Rarity had to admit, it was terrifying being caught by Fluttershy's glare, it was like being a filly again in trouble with her mother to the nth degree, "Spike is not a fiend, he's been nice and a perfectly polite dragon. And besides, he's one of many special sompony's to me, too." Too late did Fluttershy slap a hoof over her own mouth, realizing what she just said.

"Wha-wha-what!?"

"Well, you see, I..." Fluttershy fell over her own words, "Well, I have known Rainbow for a long time, and Twilight and Applejack and Pinkie, they are all quite pretty and nice and-and-" It seemed like Fluttershy's head could explode if anymore blood rushed to her face.

"You mean..." Rarity couldn't quite finish the question, almost dreading the answer that would forever change how she looked at her shy Pegasus friend.

"Well...Yes." Fluttershy looked away, "Such a practice wasn't uncommon among our ancestors, and even today, although it's rare, you occasionally see herd families among ponies and Pride families among Griffins and-"

Rarity stopped listening, and stopped pretty much everything else as she passed out again.

Author's Note:

Another from a thread

Not sure how far this would go. Personally, I think the one who would have the most trouble with this, family wise, would be Twilight. Given that it's how things were, AJ's family may be more accepting of the herd dynamic as well as Pinkie's, but Twilight's family, living in high society Canterlot, may see it as odd, and we know all of jack-dilly-squat about Rainbow and Fluttershy's family's, but I made an assumption on Griffin's being more lion-like than hawk/eagle like.