• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 1,073 Views, 30 Comments

A Shooting Star - Nobody Special



A creature from 1000 years comes back and seeks revenge.

  • ...
14
 30
 1,073

Chapter 2: Lies, Thruths and New Evil Appears.

It was a beautiful morning in Equestria and everypony was happy, well almost everypony.

“Argh I’m so angry.” Rainbow Dash said and slammed her hoof on the table. The others tried to eat their breakfast while Rainbow Dash just kept on ranting.

“We know Rainbow Dash. Both mine and Luna’s best guards are trying to find him.” Celestia said and used her magic to levitate some hay into her mouth.

“Its not enough. We have to find that guy NOW!” She yelled and slammed her hoof harder on the table.

“Sugarcube I know your angry, heck we all are.” Applejack said and lays a friendly hoof on her shoulder. “But we don’t know where he is. We can’t just go blind out there and try to find him.”

Raindbow Dash smacked AJ’s hoof away. “Well you guys can’t, but I can. I am the fastest pegasus in Equestria after all.”

“Rainbow Dash.” Twilight sighed. “I want my wings back too, but you are the one that want them back the most. Why?”

“Because I’m the Element of Loyalty and because of that it is my job to get your wings back so you can be a princess again.”

“What do you mean? I’m still a princess right Celestia?” Twilight said and looked at her. Celestia looked down at her breakfast, looking kind of sad. “Right?”

Celestia sighed. “I’m sorry Twilight, but the Law said to be royalty you have to be either an alicorn or related to the crown.”

“Oh.” Twilight looked down at the table and sniffed.

“Now you see why we need to find him.”

“Yes, but what are you going to do when we find him? The Elements of Harmony didn’t have any affect on him.” Celestia said.

“We bet him up and take the necklace of course.” RD said with confidence in her voice.

“We can’t just do that. We saw that he had some powerful magic.” Celestia said.

“What I don’t understand is how did he get such powerful magic?” Twilight pondered. “He said he got his power from a star, but that can’t only be that right? He had to train really hard for his magic to be that powerful.”

“Well while that makes sense dear, didn’t he said he was inprisoned in a comet for all these years? Would’t he need some space to practice his magic?” Rarity asked.

“Yes he would, but I have read that skilled unicorns can use magic in tight spaces.”

“Well I will get to bed.” Luna said and stood up. “Good morning everypony.”

“Good morning Luna.” All of them said as Luna walked out of the dinner room and went to her bedroom.

“Ok I can’t wait any longer, I’m out of here.” RD said and flew out of the dinner room as fast as she can.

“Shouldn’t we stop her Celestia?” Twilight asked.

“No let her be. You know how she can be.”

They all sat there in silence until Pinkie started to talk. “You know, if we get the necklace back and he turns into a good guy, I think we should throw him a ‘Welcome to Equestria’ party.”

“What!?” Everypony yelled.

**************************

Somewhere in the sky.

**************************

Rainbow Dash flew as fast as she could, determined to find Tyler and take Twilight’s wings back. She had flown for 10 minutes and she was already in the mountain area. A lot of ponies was scared to go there because it was a rumor a monster was living there, but Rainbow Dash wasn’t scared of any monster. She flew a bit more and saw somepony sleeping on a cloud. She got a bit closer and saw that it wasn’t a pony.

“Ahhh that was a nice. I have forgoten how it felt to sleep on something soft.” He said and stretched a bit. He lay there until he heard a poff and he hade the feeling that he was falling. He turned around and looked at he was heading straight for the ground. “Oh shit.” Was he last words before he landed on the ground face first. He layed there on the ground and groaned. He lifted up his head and spit up some dirt. “Well that just happened.”

“Serves you right.” He looked and saw Rainbow Dash landing in front of him.

“Ah Rainbow Dash, so I guess you are still mad at me?” He said as he got up.

“Of course I am. Now give me the necklace.”

He sighed. “The answer is still no.”

“Well then I just have to take it from you.” She flew straight for him, her right hoof aimed for his face, but Tyler stopped her by grabbing her hoof with his left hand. Rainbow Dash got confused, but tried to punch him with her left hoof, but Tyler grab it with his right hand.

“Come on, we don’t need to fight each other.”

“I will fight you if thats what it takes to get Twilight’s wings back.” She flipped herself and used both of her hind legs to kick him in the chest. Tyler gasped and let go of her, that gave her the moment to uppercut him straight in the jaw. He landed on the ground, groaning in pain. Rainbow Dash flew up and dive bombed him right in his stomach. Tyler gasped again and was nearly beaten, but he used his magic to fling Rainbow Dash away from him. She landed nicely on the ground and was ready to ram into him. Tyler weakly stod up and tried to catch some air.

“Ok you win. I will give you the necklace.” He said.

Rainbow Dash looked at him like he was joking. “Really?”

“Yes really, but on one condition.”

“I’m listening.”

“If you teach me how to fly, you will get the necklace.”

“Wait you can’t fly?”

“Yeah. I didn’t have the room in the comet to train how to. The only thing I can is to fold them and unfold them.” As he said that, his wings unfold and Rainbow Dash got wide eyed. This where wings she never seen before. They looked like dragon wings, but the bone part was made of gold somehow and the skin part had the same color as his hair. If you looked really closely you could see that the colors moved a little.

“And you promise if I teach you how to fly you will get me Twilight’s wings?”

“Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” He said while doing the motion.

Rainbow Dash was surprised that he knew about the Pinkie promise, but she shacked that thought away. “Ok then let’s begin.”

**************************

Few hours later.

*************************

“And thats how you fly.” Rainbow Dash said as she saw Tyler flying around her. “You learned fast for a newbie.”

“Well I’m like that. Thank you Rainbow Dash.” He said and landed in front of her.

“Your welcome. So give me the necklace please.”

He stood there and thought. “Hm, nope.” And then he took of into the sky.

“But you Pinkie promised.” He didn’t answer because he was too far away. She was going to try following him, but she got a better idea. Telling Pinkie.

************************

At Canterlot Castle.

************************

“And thats how the party will be.” Pinkie Pie said. All of the other ponies had been listening to Pinkie all this time when she was talking about Tylers welcome party. Rainbow Dash flew in and saw all of them, except Pinkie, having annoyed look on their faces. “Oh look, Dashie is back.”

The rest of the group looked and smiled. “So how did it go Rainbow Dash?” Twilight asked.

“I found him.”

“You did!?” Twilight said, very happily and went up to Rainbow Dash face. “So where are they?”

“Well you see, I found him lying on a cloud in the mountain area. I kicked the cloud so he fell down to the ground. We had a little fight, until he said he would give me the necklace if I teahced him how to fly. First I was a bit skeptical, but he Pinkie promised so I teached him. After he had learned he just left without giving me the necklace.”

“So you don’t have the necklace?” Twilight looked down and was sad.

“I’m sorry.”

“Wait a minute.” Pinkie interrupted. “He broke a Pinkie promise.” RD nodded. Pinkie Pie started to shacke and look red all over her body. The other ponies thought that she would explode. “Oh he’s really not getting a welcome party now.” She said with anger in her voice and went out.

“Wait Pinkie where are you going?” Twilight asked.

“I’m going to find him. I can smell those that break a Pinke promise.” She said and started to walk again. The other mane six, Spike and Celestia followed her.

*********************************

On a field, outside Everfree.

*********************************

Tyler stood there, enjoying some fresh air. “Nothing can beat the smell of fresh air.”

“YOU!” He heard a dark voice say. He turns around and sees a pist off Pinkie Pie right in his face. She pins him down on the ground and put her face right in front of his. “YOU BROKE A PINKIE PROMISE!” Tyler used his magic to get her of him.

“So?”

“SO!? YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE BACK THE NECKLACE YOU PROMISED DASHIE OR I WILL MAKE A PUNISHMENT THAT WILL BREAK YOU DOWN! She yelled.

“I technically I didn’t really break my promise.”

“What do you mean?” Rainbow Dash said. “You said ‘Nope’ and just flew away.”

“What I meant by that I will get you guys the necklace, but not now.”

“Why?” Twilight asked.

“Because you are not ready yet.”

“You have said that multiple times, but I don’t get what you mean by that.” She said, getting angry.

Tyler sighed. “Ok do you really want to know?”

“Yes.”

“Ok what I meant by that is-” But he got interrupted by rustle from a bush near them. Out jumped a hideous creature. It had black skin all over its body and dripped some black goo. It had three eyes on its face, a big one on its chest, all over its arms and legs and it had ten tails with eyes on the top. It had a big jaw and a black long tongue sticking out.

The group was scared, except Celestia and Tyler. “So what kind of thing are you?” Celestia asked.

“I am NIGHTMARE FUEL.” It yelled out with a ear deafening screech.

“Well I can see why you are named that, you are ugly as fuck.” Tyler said with a smirk.

“At least I’m not a deformed monkey with girly hair and weird wings.” Nightmare Fuel said with a smirk of his own.

“I didn’t know this was an insult contest, so cut the crap and tell me what you want?”

“Well I am here to kill you of course. You are the only threat against me and my master. Thats why I made the princess banish you from the beginning.”

“What do you mean?” Celestia asked.

“I made that ‘vision’ of yours 1000 years ago, so you could banish him. In the beginning I thought he was dead, but now I have to kill him on my own.”

Celestia was stunned. All this years she thought she did the right thing, but now she know all of that was a lie. “So my vision was false after all.”

“Told you.” Tyler said.

“Less talking, more fighting.” Nightmare Fuel said.

Twilight looked at the other girls. “Ok girls lets do-” But she got cut off by Tyler.

“No this is my fight.”

“But Tyler-” She got cut off again.

“I may have been rusty when I fought Rainbow Dash, but I want give this ugly mother fucker a piece of my mind.” He cracked his knuckles. “Let’s do this.”

“It will be my pleasure to rip your heart out.” Nightmare Fuel said and ran towards Tyler. Tyler was ready to fight. Nightmare Fuel punched Tyler in the face, but after that Tyler grabbed his arm, lifted him and slammed his body againts the ground. He then spun him around and threw him against a tree. He quickly went up and shot a purple beam from his middle eye on his face and the purple beam hit Tyler. Tyler got pushed against a big rock and had some burn marks on him.

“Hahaha didn’t see that coming did you?” Nightmare Fuel said with a new smirk on his face.

“Well I guess you would’t guess this coming either.” Tyler said and took a stand. He bent his knees, twisted his arms to the right and it looked like he was holding a invisible ball in his hands.

“Oh what are you doing? Posing for the ladies?”

“You joke around while I will defeat you.” A little glowing ball appeared between his hands. “Magical.” The ball got a bit bigger. “Kame-” It got bigger. “-hame-” It got even bigger “-HA.” He yelled and thrust his arms forward, making the big glowing ball into a giant magical beam. Nightmare Fuel actually looked scared when he got hit by the beam. He got pushed into the Everfree forest, through a lot of trees and when it stopped, his body rolled on the ground. He stopped rolling and groaned. Tyler saw that his Kamehameha had just destroyed some of the forest and he sighed out happily. “One of humans dreams just came true.” He flew up and straight into the forest for Nightmare Fuel.

Meanwhile seven ponies and a baby dragon had their jaws on the ground. “What...just...happened?” A stunned Twilight asked.

*********************************

Inside the Everfree forest.

*********************************

Tyler landed in front of Nightmare Fuel and grabbed him by the throat. He lifted him up and looked him in the eyes, but when he did Nightmare Fuel shot a purple beam straight at Tylers face. Tyler let go off him and clutched his face. Nightmare Fuel used this opportunity to rapidly punched Tyler in the stomach. Tyler tried to withstand the punches, so he punches Nightmare Fuel right on top of his head so he fell down on the ground, but before he hit the ground, Tyler kicked him in the jaw making him fly up in the air. Tyler flew up over him and punched him really hard in the stomach, sending him straight for the ground very fast. Nightmare Fuel hit the ground and Tyler landed on him really hard on the stomach and the chest.

“Giving up yet?” Tyler said.

“Don’t count on it.” One of his tails shot a purple ball at Tyler and it hit him on the chest, making him fly up and land on the ground. Nightmare Fuel stood up and all of his ten tails rised and shot purple balls at Tyler. Tyler was quick enough to create a magic bubble shield around him. Nightmare Fuel kept on shooting purple balls from his tails at Tylers bubble shield. “You can’t keep up that shield forever.”

“I know.” He said and expanded the bubble shield so big it hit Nightmare Fuel. “Sometimes the best offence is the best defense.” Nightmare Fuel stood up and charged up the big eye on his chest. It fired a big purple beam, not as big as his Kamehameha, but big enough to do very much damage. Tyler avoided it by flying over and he flew straight for him. He kicked Nightmare Fuel in the face with both legs and made him land on the ground, knocking him out for a bit. Tyler landed beside him, a bright light came from his right hand and suddenly a green box looking thing appeared in his hand. He shoved it through Nightmare Fuel’s chest and his skin seemed to eat it. After his skin ate the green box, Tyler flew away and back to the group.

When he landed he saw that the group still was kind of shocked, but when they saw him all bruised and burned they got back to reality. “Oh my gosh, are you alright?” Fluttershy said and went to Tyler.

“Yeah I’m ok, just a little bit hurt.”

“So what happened to Nightmare Fuel?” Twilight asked.

Tyler smirked and the same light from before came from his right hand, but this time it was a golden rod with a red button on top. “C 4 yourself.” The group looked confused as why he said it like that, but they didn’t ask because Tyler already pushed the button.

***********************

Nightmare Fuel.

***********************

Nightmare Fuel groaned as he got up. He could’t understand that he just got beaten by Tyler. As he stood up he could here beeping.

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

He looked down at his chest and he saw that a red light blinked everytime it beeped. After a few seconds of beeping a long beep sounded.

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

And when it did the red light glew. “That can’t be good.” Was his last words until he exploded.

******************

The group

*****************

The group saw the the explosion and then they all looked at Tyler. “Did you make him explode?” RD asked.

Tyler chuckled. “You can say that.”

“Tyler...I want to say...I’m sorry for banishing you to the space and thank you for saving us.” Celestia said.

Tyler just looked at her with a bit angry face. “Apology not accepted.”

“What!?” The group yelled.

“I said ‘Apology not accepted’.”

“But why?” Celestia asked.”

“First: A sorry won’t make me feel better after I was inprisoned in a comet for 1000 years. Second: He wanted to kill me, not you guys. I fought him so he would’t kill me.”

“Yes thats true, but he was the one that made me do it.”

“Still, you could have given me a chance to explain myself.”

“Yeah you are right.” Celestia said and looked down on the ground.

The group was quiet until Applejack spoke up. “So what do you think that guy meant with a master?”

“Yeah, that dude said something about ‘his master’.”

“D-do you g-guys think its N-nightmare Moon?” Fluttershy asked.

“Not likely. Just because they got almost similar names, doesn’t mean they work together.” Tyler said.

“You may have a point.” Twilight said and started to think, until she remembered something. “Tyler, weren’t you supposed to tell us why you stole my wings.”

“Oh yes I was.”

“Go on.”

Tyler sighed. “The reason I stole your wings was because I wanted to help you.”

“Help me?” Tyler nodded. “You don’t help somepony by stealing their wings!” She yelled.

“I know, but hear me out ok?” Twilight started to cool down. “Do you know what happens when you become an alicorn?”

“Well of course I do. You get to have wings so you can fly. You get to have very powerful magic. You get to be royalty. You get to-”

“-be immortal.” Tyler interrupted.

“Well of course.” Twilight said like he was stupid.

“And there we have the problem.”

“What? Me being immortal is a bad thing?”

“Well you see, when an alicorn reach adulthood they stop growing and ageing. But if somepony kills you, you will die.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“What I’m trying to say is that while you are immortal, your friends and family are still mortal and they will die right before your eyes.”

Twilight got a little tears in her eyes and looked at her friends. “So what your saying is that I will live while my family and friends will die and I can’t do anything about it?”

“Thats exactly what I’m saying. And there is something else.”

“And whats that?” Twilight said and sniffed.

“For all of the Elements of Harmony to work all the bearers have to be alive. If one of them are immortal and the rest of them are dead, no new bearers will be born and the Elements of Harmony will be useless.”

Twilight was now crying. She hadn’t thought of this before. She doesn’t want to watch her love ones just die while she will still live on for centuries to come.

“And also it takes more then knowing about friendship to become a princess, you have to know about life as well. And thats what I want you to do.”

“E-excuse me?” Twilight asked through her tears.

“As you wrote friendship reports to Celestia, I want you to write life reports to me, meaning that you should write life lesson and stuff like that. And when I think you have learned enough, I will get your wings back.”

“But didn’t you just say about me being immortal would be a bad thing?”

Tyler looked at the other bearers of the Elements of Harmony. “I will think of something ok?” Twilight nodded. “Good and Spike can you come to me for a moment?”

Spike walked up to Tyler. “What do you want?” Tyler didn’t answer, he just layed his hand on top of Spike’s head and made him glow. After the light show, Spike shock his head to clear his head a bit. “What did you do?”

“I made it so Twilight could send me her reports. Now remember, the yellow flame will send stuff to me and pink smoke means she got something from me ok?” He nodded. “Good.” Spike walked back to the group.

“So what are you going to do know Tyler?” Celestia asked.

“Please call me something else. Now that I'm here I can call myself something else like...Shooting Star.”

“So you want to change your name into Shooting Star?”

“Yes.”

“Very well, Shooting Star it is then, but back to my original question.”

“Well I will find a home to live in of course. I don’t want to live in the castle, it feels boring to me.”

“Ok then, good luck.”

“Good luck to you too.” Then he disappeard in a flash of light.

“So what now darling?” Rarity asked Twilight.

“I think I should move back into the library in Ponyville.”

“Yes, then we can have a ‘Welcome back to Ponyville’ party.” Pinkie said.

Twilight chuckled a bit. “That would be great Pinkie.”

“I better go back to Canterlot and get your stuff.” Celestia said.

“Ok princess.” Twilight said as she teleported back to the castle. “Come on, lets go back to Ponyville.” She said as all of them walked back to Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Well I got this done faster then I thought. In the beginning I was worried this story would't work, but I guess some of you guys really do like it. I want to say thank you for that. Also this is my first time writing a fight scen in ages so I hope I did a good job. Until next time.