• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 11,923 Views, 183 Comments

The Library of Discord - Chinchillax



Discord has trapped Twilight in a library that contains every possible book that could exist. Somewhere in the depths lies the one book that can teach her how to escape. But when every idea and story exists, how can she find the one book she needs?

  • ...
17
 183
 11,923

Chapter 9

“TWILIGHT! AND SPIKE!?” Pinkie Pie burst into tears and rushed over to hug them.

Everyone was shocked at Spike’s appearance, but they came over to hug Spike and Twilight to welcome them back.

“It’s a little too early to celebrate, everypony. Fluttershy is still inside Discord’s mind,” Twilight reminded them.

“What are you talking about sugarcube? Fluttershy is right uhh…” Applejack looked around the room looking for Fluttershy, but she was gone.

“Where’s Fluttershy?” demanded Rainbow Dash, “she was right here!”

“I… I summoned her inside the library inside Discord’s mind,” Twilight admitted.

“Say what now!?” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

“Don’t worry, everypony!” Spike tried to reassure them, “Fluttershy has everything under control. It’s all right here in this book.”

“What makes you so sure, Spike?” asked Twilight.

“Well… it would have been impossible for me to find this book in the library on my own, even with your searching spell making it glow. I think Discord must have given it to me, in a way. Every possible combination of your story existed there. But he gave me the one copy that I think he wanted to happen. He wanted Fluttershy to come. And that’s why everything is gonna turn out fine.”

Twilight stared at Spike.

“What in tarnation are y’all talking about?” Applejack wondered.

At that precise moment Fluttershy was teleported back into the room.

“Everyone!” Twilight had never heard Fluttershy yell so loudly. “We need to release Discord now!”

“What!? There’s no way we c-” Rainbow Dash tried to say.

“No!” Fluttershy interrupted. “We let him out right now. Please, everypony trust me.”

“Listen to Fluttershy. She knows what she’s doing!” Spike affirmed.

“Please.” Fluttershy repeated.

“Well… okay sugarcube. I hope this isn’t something we’ll regret.” Applejack complied.

The rest got into position and got their Elements of Harmony ready.