• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 5,990 Views, 264 Comments

The Original Mad Scientist in Equestria - Br0nyb0y123



Nikola Tesla creates a machine that malfunctions and teleports him to Ponyville, seeing that he has become an equine horse. Will he make it back home?

  • ...
43
 264
 5,990

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39: Rouge

About a mile away from Ponyville, and Tesla was already missing interaction between others. Weird of him to miss that, due to the fact he's spent so many years alone to himself and to his work, with the occasional friend and assistant passing by.

He trekked on the sea of dirt. It was quiet. Too quiet in fact. It felt that way, it felt like the world was empty and he was the only one left.

The nearby trees and bushes on the path lightly brushed against each other in the gentle breeze, no birdsong to be heard though however. Nikola listened to the sound of the trees as he looked ahead to Canterlot. Should take me another few hours, He thought to himself as he sighed at how far it was. And with that sigh he kept walking towards the castle on the hill.

The realization of his loneliness and isolation at this moment had hit him hard. He didn't want to be lonely, not now at least. His stomach twisted at the thought of how much time he spent to himself, alone. With hardly nobody to talk to, at least he got a few assistants and friends who respected him, but he wanted more than just a standard friendship, he wanted something more. But he didn't know what it was. Surprising for a man who is often considered one of the smartest people ever to walk the Earth by friends, accomplices and the general public. But for once, he didn't know what he wanted.

As he pushed on for another few hours, left with nothing but the sound of the tree leaves brushing in the gentle wind and his own thoughts. The scenery grew more dull as time passed by, as the trees and their peaceful green leaves have now turned into spit-roasts from one of the dragons' fire breath. Nikola saw that he was wrong about being there in a few hours, and nightfall came quickly for him.

He found a large but dead softwood tree that he could use for sleep. The tree was mostly damaged and the bark was easily taken off by Tesla and he made a fire out of it by using a lighter in his saddle pack for warmth in the night. He rested his head on his saddle pack and closed his eyes, thinking about what he'd do after all of this madness is over, if it ever ends. He thought about spending time with his friends, and completely his machine gradually before eventually leaving,

"That seems like a good plan..." He yawned as he began to drift off, "...a good plan, indeed."

SNAP. A crack of a twig. The sound made Tesla's eyes shoot open like a bullet, he got up on his hooves and looked around the darkness of the trees and picked up a nearby stick and lit the top of it with the fire. He struggled to find any traces of other life in the shadows, he also struggled to move holding the stick in his hoof, tucked in. He heard a rustling in the bushes as he approached them.

And then, much to his surprise he was shoved onto the ground and a dark red figure passed him swiftly and quickly and took his saddle pack and ran off into the deep and dark forest. Tesla quickly got himself up and bit onto the stick that was on fire and chased after the figure,

"Hey!" He yelled, muffled by the wood in his jaws, "Come back here!"

The figure in front of him was quick, but not quick enough. Despite his age, Tesla was fast on his hooves and was able to catch up with the figure in a matter of seconds, he threw the stick away and leaped onto the figure, causing the two to roll over in a struggle. Tesla managed to get on top of the figure and paused when he realized who he decked.

It was a girl. A female Earth pony no older than thirty at the most, with dark red fur and deep blue eyes, along with mane that was a hazy dark purple and almost black,

"Why did you try to steal my stuff?" Nikola asked, on top of her.

She bucked him off and then tried to reach out for the saddle pack. Nikola stopped her once again,

"Stop it," He told her.

"Get lost, man," She replied harshly.

"Why? It's my stuff you're trying to take."

"Can't a girl just make it by? What with all those dragons and what not?" She asked.

"I asked you a question first," Tesla told her firmly.

"Food, I was wanting food," She replied angrily before sighing, "I'm sorry."

The pony stood up along with Tesla, he was confused as to who this pony was. What was her story? What's her deal?

"You're wanting food?" He asked.

She nodded, "Yeah. Sorry for stealing your saddle pack. I've been out here for days, I've not eaten in a while. All the fruit on the tree are either gone or burnt. Please, have you got anything to spare?"

Tesla all of a sudden felt sorry for this poor girl. He didn't know if she was putting on an act in order to make him feel sorry for her but he gave in to it, nonetheless,

"I've got some food with me, and some water. You can come back with me to my fire and we can share some, if you like?" He asked with generosity.

The pony's face lit up like a child on Christmas morning, "Really? Thank you."

Tesla smiled back in reply, "It's nothing."

"Name's Rouge, by the way," She introduced herself before extending her hoof out.

Tesla debated for a little bit whether or not to shake her hoof, but he did so, "Nikola. Nikola Tesla."


The two were sitting around Tesla's fire whilst feasting on two sandwiches that Tesla packed for himself on his travels,

"So, Rouge. What's your story?" Tesla asked.

Rouge finished munching on her sandwich, "I'm a journalist. Well, was. I think I'm out of the job because of that monster."

"A journalist?" Tesla questioned.

"Yeah, for The Equestrian Trotter. I was reporting some cherry orchard festival near Canterlot. Riveting stuff," She deadpanned.

"That's nice," Tesla replied.

"Yeah, I was about when that beast came by," Rouge explained, "I panicked and ran out, I got lost in the woods and kept going further, I've been here for days."

"You didn't go with the evacuation groups?" Tesla asked.

"There was evacuation groups?!" She questions in shock, "I feel like a right idiot now."

Tesla chuckles, "It was quite a rush. I wouldn't be too surprised if there are ponies like you lost in the woods."

Rouge let out a single muted "Ha". Tesla finished his sandwich,

"What's your story then, Nikola?" Rouge asked with curiosity, "What's an old guy like you doing out in the woods? You've got an odd accent, no offense. What's your deal?"

"You ask a lot of questions," Nikola replied.

"Questions are apart of my job," She told him.

"Good point."

"Come on, spill. We're just two ponies talking. It's not like it's the end of the world," She said and then paused and pondered, "Well, it's not the end yet."

"My story is an odd one," He told her, "I'd doubt you'd believe anything about me."

"Ha. We'll see about that," Rouge laughed.

Tesla shrugged, "Don't say I didn't tell you."


"Fuck off!" Rouge exclaimed, "So let me get this straight, you're an inventor. From a different world. Who is helping the Elements of Harmony. Whom of which are currently kidnapped by a crazy group of Changelings. And you're going up against a dragon as one of the tasks they've set for you to save them?"

Tesla nodded, "Lock me up and call me crazy if you want. I'm speaking the honest truth."

"It's hard to believe," Rouge said with a hint of chuckle in her voice, "But it's interesting. Can I hear more?"

"What would you like to hear about?" Tesla asked.

"Those group of Changelings. I like hearing about crazy people," Rouge told him.

"Oh, these guys are crazy, that's for damn certain. There's Masai, the leader, I hate him the most. Lavo, the most skilled at magic and who I think is second-in-command. Mimic, a quiet one. Vaako, wannabe tough one. There's Incognito and Kephri, who were both killed by Ozymandias, who is, or shall I say, was, apart of the group," Tesla told her.

"This Ozymandy-man still about?" Rouge asked him with intrigue.

"Funny thing about Ozymandias. He has taken over The Crystal Empire. Currently right now, he's got Princess Cadence and Celestia, and Prince Shining Armor as his hostages. I need to save them too," Tesla explained.

"Well, seems you've got a lot on your plate," Rouge said.

"You have no idea," Tesla replied.

Tesla relaxed himself a little more by leaning against the softwood tree with his saddle pack beside him,

"I'm out of it for just now. I need to get some sleep before I head off to Canterlot again," Tesla told the red pony.

"Can I sleep here if that's alright?" Rouge asked.

"Be my guest. Just as long as you don't steal my stuff," Tesla issued to her as he pulled his saddle pack closer to him.

"I was just hungry, Nikola," Rouge chuckled as she laid down on the ground.

"Ah well, you got to be careful now, what with all these dragons and terrorists and ponies losing their minds over it. It's crazy," Tesla told her as he closed his eyes, "Night, Rouge."

"Night, Nikola."


Tesla woke up feeling horrible, sleeping outside is not the best thing for him. He woke up with a heavy head and a dust from the softwood in his mane. He dusted it away and got up to see it was a cloudy morning, and the flames went out too. Rouge was still asleep on the other side of the died out fire. Tesla sighed and got up and accidentally stepped on a twig, waking Rouge up,

"Morning," She grumbled.

"Good morning," Tesla said.

"What's your plan for today?" Rouge asked.

"I'm headed to the Palace to fight the dragon," Tesla told her.

"Well, let's get going," Rouge smiled as she bounced up to her hooves.

"Wait, what?" Tesla questioned.

"Let's go!" She exclaimed.

"You're not going," Tesla told her.

Rouge's smile dropped from her face,

"I'm sorry, Rouge. This is a battle I have to fight on my own," Tesla explained, "There's a village back the way I came, you should get there in about three hours."

"No, I want to tag along..." She replied with a frown, "Please?"

"The Brotherhood issued for me to kill the dragon by myself, and only by myself," He said, "Without any assistance."

"How are they going to know I'm going to help you?" She asked, "Can't I just tag along until we reach there? Please. I don't want to be alone, I just want someone to talk to. And I'll help if you want. Please, Nikola?"

Nikola felt sorry for the red pony. And he could sympathize with her too. He didn't want to be alone either, and in his head, he thought it might be nice for someone to tag along with him on the journey,

Nikola sighed, giving into his plead, "Sure. Let's get ready then," He smiled.

She smiled back, "Thank you. It'll be nice talking to someone on the road."

Nikola put his saddle pack on and signaled Rouge to follow him, and the two walked off onto the dangerous path to Umberoth...

Author's Note:

Well, hey there everyone. It's back, and Nikola's got a buddy for his travels.

PreviousChapters Next