• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 5,985 Views, 264 Comments

The Original Mad Scientist in Equestria - Br0nyb0y123



Nikola Tesla creates a machine that malfunctions and teleports him to Ponyville, seeing that he has become an equine horse. Will he make it back home?

  • ...
43
 264
 5,985

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 34: Алкохол

Nikola Tesla was in the basement of Twilight's home, sitting on the chair he brought down there, staring at his unfinished machine. It was mid-day, and he was stressed already, he just said to the entire village that he was willing to make a stand to the enemy. He didn't have a clue how to do so though, for the first time in his life, he didn't have an idea. He doesn't know where Masai and his goons are, not to mention there are dragons covering towns with the shadows of their wings. He closed his eyes and thought about his friends and if they were safe or not, but he snapped out of his thoughts once he heard the sound of door knocking from the floor above. He got up quickly from the chair and went upstairs and towards the front door. He answered the door and saw it was Luna at the door,

"Hello Nikola" She greeted once he opened the door.

"Hello Luna" He greeted back.

"Can I please come in, if that's okay? Are you doing anything?" Luna asked.

"Oh no...no, of course not, come in, please" Tesla told her.

Luna entered the house and Tesla closed the door after she came in, he then made his way to the kitchen and she followed,

"How are you feeling, Nikola? How's the eye?" Luna asked.

"Eye's feeling a little weak. I am feeling alright overall though, Luna" Tesla told her.

"That's good" Luna smiled.

"How about yourself? How are you feeling?" Tesla asked her.

"I'm not too great, Nikola. I'm stressed out. I just wanted to come around and talk to someone" Luna told him, "You were the first one who came to mind"

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Have you ever felt like your life has never been too memorable?" Luna asked him.

"What do you mean?" Tesla asked back with curiosity.

"I've lived for over twenty-eight thousand years, I've told you that, right?" Luna made sure with him.

"Yes you have" Nikola nodded.

"Well, um...in the time I've been living, I've always been in my sister's shadow, I've spent most of my life being jealous of my sister, every now and then there'd be a battle, I'd fight in it and win. But I grew and more jealous, and lost control of myself. Celestia sent me to the Moon, where I stayed for a thousand years. I was alone Nikola, and staying there made me think about everything I done, and I regret it. But once I came back, I realized the world had changed and I had to adapt to it, then all of this started happening, it's like the end of everything and it was caused by seven angry Changelings. I just feel like my life has been all for nothing. Because I know they're aren't going to stop until most of us are dead" Luna explained to him, "You ever felt like that?"

Tesla thought to himself about what Luna is saying, and realized that he's kind of felt the same way,

"You know what, Luna? I guess I have felt the same way. Most of my life has been devoted to my work, I've never really done much else" Tesla told her, "I guess I think I can make a change, and save my friends in this world, after they helped me, I'll save them from Masai, and your sister from Ozymandias. Then I'll probably leave this world. I just don't know how I'm going to save them, for the first time in my life, I'm stumped"

"You know, when you said you'd save them in front of the crowd. You were being brave, very brave" Luna said.

"Someone's got to be brave at a time like this, Luna. In fact, we all have to at least try to be brave" Tesla replied to her.

"Yeah, I guess" Luna sighed.

"There's some cider in the refrigerator, want some?" Nikola offered her as he got up from his seat.

"Nah, I'll stick to smoking, I don't drink, well only on special occasions" Luna declined.

"Alcohol is better than nicotine, Princess" Tesla told her.

"Enlighten me on how?" She asked with a smirk.

"Well.." Nikola began as he got a bottle of cider out of the fridge, "Different alcoholic beverages have their own merits. Take red wine for example.."

Tesla made his way back to his seat and sat down with a now opened bottle of cider,

"I'm listening" Luna told him.

"Red wine, is good for the blood" Tesla told her.

"What about cider, what's good about that?" Luna asked.

"Cider is as healthy as an apple, same nutrients, just with alcohol. Of course, you shouldn't drink excessively or there will be health problems" Tesla told her as he took a sip.

"Hmm, never knew that" Luna replied, "But you mentioned we have to try to be brave?"

"Yeah, Luna. Try to be brave" Tesla replied to her as he took a gulp of cider, "I want to see positive aspects in bad situations, it can help others"

"I see what you mean" Luna said.

"My machine could be complete in a few months time. But I'm not going to continue developing it until everyone is safe" Tesla told her.

"You're a good person, Nikola" Luna said to him.

"You told me before" Tesla chuckled.

"I know, but you are. I just wanted to say it again" Luna replied.

"You're a good pony, Luna" Tesla smiled.

"Thanks" Luna replied.

Something sparked into Tesla's mind, something he'd been wondering for a while,

"Luna, sorry if this question might upset you. But..." Tesla began.

"But what?" She questioned.

"How are feeling now that Sombra has returned?" He asked her.

"When I saw him for the first in many centuries, my heart skipped a beat. I was happy to see him, but then I saw you underneath him, I froze a little bit" Luna told him, "Then that Changeling shot him. That was just awful to watch"

"How's Sombra doing?" Tesla asked.

"Not good, the blast of magic the Changeling gave him, what's the Changeling's name again?" Luna asked back.

"Ozymandias" He replied.

"Yeah, the blast Ozymandias gave Sombra was unlike anything I've seen that's magic related. Doctors said the blast is slowly killing him" Luna explained, "It's ancient, dark magic, wherever he learnt it, it must've been from one of the older books"

"Older books?" Tesla questioned.

"Yeah, magic books before my parents' time, they were used by the Changelings Elders eons ago. In one of the wars, most of the books were burned. though very few still remain" Luna told him.

"You think he has one?" Tesla asked her.

"It's either him or one of his friends" Luna replied.

"Right" He uttered.

"I don't want Sombra to die, despite everything he's done before" Luna said to Nikola.

Tesla took another gulp of his cider, "What kind of pony was he in his later years?"

Luna gulped at the thought of Sombra when he lost his edge, she felt bad just thinking about it,

"He was a monster, the sweet prince I knew before was gone, he was just a monstrous shadow of his former self" Luna told him.

"Luna. Two nights ago when we were talking about this stuff. Our friends and everything, how we miss them, I'm glad I made friends in this world, I'm proud to have you as a friend" Tesla smiled.

"Thanks Nikola, you're a good friend too" Luna smiled back.

Tesla was about to take another gulp of cider when he realized as he sucked the bottle that it was empty, he grunted a little bit and then got up and went to the fridge, he opened it to see there was no more cider, and sighed. Luna went ahead and asked the obvious question,

"All out?" Luna chuckled.

Tesla turned his head to the side and slowly nodded,

"Yeah, all out" He confirmed with her, "I might go out and get some more, I don't have any money though"

"I know a bar where you can get really good drinks, I'll buy you one" Luna offered him.

"No thank you, Luna. I think one drink might be enough" He replied to her.

"Alright then" Luna smiled.

"You know what? Since you offered, why the hell not? Let's get a drink" Tesla said, "Thanks Luna"

"Not a problem" Luna replied.


Gospić, Croatia, 19th April 1879.

A younger Nikola Tesla sat at a table alone, staring out of the grimy window in sadness. Tesla felt sad over the death of his father, Milutin Tesla, who died only two days prior. Tesla just sat there, motionless, until his lover came into the room, Ana.

Ana was a pretty girl, a year younger than Tesla. She had dark brown hair and quite skinny. She came into the room he was sitting in, a living room. She came up to him and greeted him by saying,

"Hello Nikola"

Tesla stayed silent, he didn't want to talk to her. Not just now at least. He just wanted to be alone,

"Darling, please talk. I want to help you" Ana told him.

Nikola closed his eyes and shook his head gently with his fist under his chin as his elbow began to rest against the arm chair,

"I don't want to talk about it, Ana" Nikola told her.

"It usually helps" Ana replied.

Nikola sighed as Ana sat on the wooden stool beside him,

"I just wished I could've been there to see him" Tesla explained.

"Nikola. You can't blame yourself for that" Ana replied to him, "Nikola, people just die, and we have to get on with our lives"

"But he was my father, Ana" Tesla told her.

"I know, and he was a good man. But death occurs everyday Nikola and sometimes we can't stop it" Ana said to him, "Getting over him won't be easy for you, I understand. But we have to let it pass us by"

Tesla sighed, he knew she was right, "Ana, my love, you're right"

Ana smiled in order to try and cheer him up, "I know I am"

Tesla chuckled at her as she came closer to him,

"Cheer up, Nikola" She told him as she placed her gentle hand on his cheek, "Please, darling"

"Okay Ana, I'll cheer up" He smiled.

She smiled back at him and then held his other cheek and gave him a passionate kiss on the lips. She then giggled afterwards,

"What's so funny?" Tesla curiously asked her.

"Your mustache, it tickled my nose" She told him.

"Oh, I'm growing a mustache? I'll shave it..." He said.

"No. No. Don't. I like mustaches" Ana interrupted him.

"Okay then" Nikola smirked.

"You feeling better, Nikola?" Ana asked him with a concerned look on her face.

"Yeah. My father's health wasn't great I admit. I'm just aggravated at myself I couldn't be there to at least try to help him" Tesla told her.

"Nikola, some people can't be saved. But most can, just remember that Nikola" Ana spoke back.

"Most people?" Nikola questioned.

"Nikola. You have a good heart. You care deeply for your family and friends, I know you'd be willing to save most people if you could" Ana replied.

"You think that?"

"I don't think that, I know that, my love" Ana corrected him.

Ana got off of the stool and then hooked her arm around Nikola's neck and sat on his knee, leaning into him. He found it comfortable,

"What do you want to do now, Nikola? I got some wine for us to drink" She whispered to him as she kissed him on the cheek.

"Wine? I don't think I should be drinking just yet" Nikola told her.

"Red wine is good for our blood" She replied to him, "But I know something better for mine"

Tesla chuckled, "Oh yes? And what may that be?"

Ana smiled, "You", she told him before giving him another kiss on the lips.

PreviousChapters Next