• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 5,990 Views, 264 Comments

The Original Mad Scientist in Equestria - Br0nyb0y123



Nikola Tesla creates a machine that malfunctions and teleports him to Ponyville, seeing that he has become an equine horse. Will he make it back home?

  • ...
43
 264
 5,990

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27: The Truth

Ozymandias, Rover, Fido and Spot were in the Diamond Dog caves, due to Oz's manipulative techniques, he was able to convince the three leaders of the Diamond Dogs to help him achieve his goal, gaining power over the Crystal Empire, though due to the lack of intelligence from the Diamond Dogs, it was easy to trick them for Ozymandias,

"So what exactly is the plan again?" Spot asked.

"Well, to break things down, we get the dogs together, we'll simply break into the palace at night, where they we can use the night to our advantage and seeing as the palace is actually in the middle of the town, it would be easier for us. Once we get into the palace, we will kill most of the royal guard and take over the palace" Ozymandias explained, "And I'll finally achieve my goal"

"And what do we get out of this again?" Rover asked.

"You of course, get residence to the Empire and have as many crystals you want, my friend" Ozymandias told him.

"Sounds good, when should we go forward with the plan?" Fido wanted to make sure.

"As quick as we can, I mean as we all know, the great dragons have been released and they could be heading anywhere" Ozymandias replied.

"What? They've been released. When?" Rover asked in shock.

"Today" Oz replied.

"Well, if that's the case, then I guess we'll get all the Diamond Dogs together and then raid the palace as quick as we can"

"Excellent" Ozymandias scoffed.

"We should get some sleep though" Rover said, "It's midnight and we need rest"

"Where should I sleep?" Ozymandias asked.

"There's plenty of empty cells, sorry but they're not comfy" Rover apologized.

"It's okay, I'm used to sleeping in uncomfortable places" Ozymandias said.


Ozymandias was now lying on a large stone slab where other prisoners would usually sit on or sleep. Oz couldn't sleep, he knew he was close to approaching his goal of becoming a king, it made him excited, he finally has a chance to put the past behind him, The Brotherhood, Masai, everything. But he had mixed feelings on leaving the Brotherhood, because despite his words to Sombra on saying he didn't consider the Brotherhood friends, they were his friends, and killing two of them made Oz feel slightly bad. Ozymandias thought about his time in the Changeling army, he had good times with his platoon who would eventually become The Banished Brotherhood, but after the genocides, it broke him on the inside, and he blamed it on Masai, a Changeling who, before everything went to shit, was Oz's best friend in the platoon. Ozymandias realized he's not the most sane individual, and he uses his psychopathy as an excuse for Incognito's and Kephri's deaths, to keep himself from regretting murdering them,

"I'll show Masai and fucking everyone else. I'll be a fucking king and I'll be a great at it, he'll see" Oz muttered to himself.

"You know, Ozymandias, it's very annoying when people mutter. Especially to themselves" A voice echoed in the cell, when gave Oz a fright.

Ozymandias stood up from the stone slab and walked forward slightly,

"Who's there?" Oz questioned out to the voice.

"Me, friend" The voice replied from behind Oz.

Ozymandias turned to see it was The Truth on the stone slab,

"Hello Ozymandias" The Truth greeted.

"Fucks sake, where did you disappear to?" Ozymandias asked, "And in fact, how the fuck did you get there?"

"I've always been here Oz. I'm everywhere" The Truth croaked.

"Why are you targeting me with this stupid bullshit?" Oz asked.

"Cause you need this bullshit" The Truth said, "You're plan of attack is absolutely awful, it's piss poor. You seriously think it's going to work?"

"I don't think it's going to work, I know it's going to work" Oz retaliated.

"And I know you're plan is awful" The Truth said, "Leading a bunch of dogs who have little to no knowledge of Equestria, apart from their caves, Rover seems to be the most intelligent of the dogs but even then, he is not very smart"

"You think you're so smart, don't you, Truth? What kind of a name is truth anyways?" Oz asked.

"I am smart, I know everything. And my name is The Truth because that is what I am" The Truth explained.

"I'll become a king, I'll be the King of the Crystal Empire" Oz said.

"I'll be king. I killed my friends for my own selfish needs. I can lead dogs" The Truth mocked him, "You're a traitor to your friends, you killed two of them..."

"They were not my friends, old man. I don't need friends!" Ozymandias shouted.

"They were your friends, but you're just not tough enough to admit it. You're a conniving, dirty, backstabbing weasel with a thirst for power and has no respect or honor" The Truth told him.

Ozymandias gritted his teeth and then thought about attempting to punch The Truth, but held back on the thought,

"Let's say you do become king" The Truth said, "Let's say that happens and what happens then? You think Masai is going to stay out of the spotlight? You think Celestia will just let that go in stride? She'll wage war with you and Masai will plan to kill you, and seeing the way you act, you're people will plot to overthrow you as well"

"I have an army, what does Masai have?" Ozymandias sarcastically asked.

"Masai has three close friends who hate you with a passion as well. And you say you have an army, you don't have squat, you're leading dogs, dogs that a bred for finding jewels, not war. Celestia will triumph over you and your reign as 'king' will be short lived" The Truth explained.

"You're an asshole, you know that, Truth?" Oz said.

"I get that a lot" The Truth said, "You will not succeed in your goal, unless you rethink your strategy, Ozymandias"

The Truth's points has made Ozymandias open his eyes more, and he realized The Truth was right, he needed to rethink his strategy,

Ozymandias sighed, "Then what would you do?"

"I can't tell you that, Ozymandias" The Truth told him, "I can only tell the truth"

"Fine. I'll rethink my strategy" Ozymandias said.

"That's good" The Truth replied.

"Truth, before you leave again, can I just ask you a few questions?" Ozymandias asked.

"Of course, friend" The Truth said.

"What are you? I mean what are you really? Are you some sort of spirit or something?" Ozymandias asked.

"I am not alive nor dead, I am not real nor imaginary, I just simply the truth" The Truth said, being vague and mysterious as ever.

"Right. Who were you before you became you are now?" Ozymandias asked.

"I remember that my name was long and that I was a merchant of sugar, tobacco and spices, but that was over sixty centuries ago, Ozymandias, it's difficult to remember things like that" The Truth replied, "How many more questions do you have left, my son?"

"Just one more" Ozymandias said.

"Proceed" The Truth allowed him.

"Can another piece of advice please?" Oz asked.

"Are you familiar with chess, Ozymandias?" The Truth asked back.

"Yes, of course, I'm pretty sure everyone is" Ozymandias replied.

"Chess is a game of strategy, it's very much like conducting an army for war" The Truth began, "A complex game, you have your kings, queens, bishops, pawns and rooks, and your objective is to get to that checkmate. What you need to do is use all your pieces, make a sacrifice, you could win or you could lose, it just depends on how you play. Were you ever good at chess?"

"I wasn't too bad" Ozymandias said.

"Just brush up on your skills" The Truth said, "I'll be going, other people will need to see me"

Ozymandias sighed as he turned around to look outside the cell,

"Oh shit!" Ozymandias realized something, "I have another question"

Ozymandias turned back around to the face the inside of the cell, but The Truth was already gone,

"I wonder what that poem with my name in it was about?" Ozymandias asked himself, disappointed about The Truth's departure.

"You'll find out when the time calls for it, Ozymandias" The Truth whispered in the winds.

PreviousChapters Next