• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 5,985 Views, 264 Comments

The Original Mad Scientist in Equestria - Br0nyb0y123



Nikola Tesla creates a machine that malfunctions and teleports him to Ponyville, seeing that he has become an equine horse. Will he make it back home?

  • ...
43
 264
 5,985

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15: The Inventor and Chaos

Tesla, Twilight and the rest had to stay in the palace for the night whilst the Princesses were still debating about Tesla's machine. Tesla couldn't sleep, he laid on his bed with his foreleg on his forehead, he wasn't in the covers. He dragged himself out of his bed and walked over to the his rain pattered window, with the raindrops that were sticking on the window glowing against the city lights of Canterlot. In the room he was in, there was a chair, so he decided to sit on it and with his head resting against his right foreleg's hoof, he started to think about his time in Equestria, and how strange of an experience it has been thus far for him. He then started to think about his home world, what Byron was doing, how the public are reacting to his disappearance and strangely enough, how Thomas Edison was. Tesla deeply hated Edison's guts with a passion, he found him disrespectful, greedy, a mocker, a plagiarist and even downright murdered a man to prove Tesla wrong on a theory, yet, Tesla misses the rivalry, he feel like he needs a rival to perfect his machinery, or simply just a rival that can match his smarts. He decided to go out onto the wet balcony for fresh air, he placed his forelegs on the railing and simply just sighed out of boredom.


Luna and Celestia were currently in the latter's room, discussing the effects of Tesla's machine

"Sister, seriously, you can't pass up this opportunity" Luna told Celestia.

"I just don't feel that we should use this machine just yet, it feels like we're skipping evolution" Celestia replied.

"Elaborate" Luna ordered.

"We can progress as a race gradually, we don't need machines with great magnitude like Mr. Tesla's to do so, we'll soon get there with like that eventually, Luna" Celestia told her sister.

"Eventually? Maybe in two thousand years, dear sister" Luna said, "It can transport objects from one place to another without magic. Without magic. It's an outstanding achievement in both science and soon for society"

"Yes, I understand that, but we can't skip evolution, it will be difficult to keep up with" Celestia said, "I had to banish you for a thousand years..."

"Here we go again" Luna complained.

"I had to banish you for a thousand years and when you can back you found it difficult to cope in society. You know why? Because you missed a thousand years of us evolving" Celestia explained.

"But.." Luna tried to say.

"No. Listen, Luna, you're my sister and I love you very much, but if this machine means we're going to advance rapidly, I don't think it will be good for our society, and especially for you, Luna, I don't want you to go through what you've just been through again" Celestia said.

"Okay" Luna gave up.

"Look, I need to get some sleep, Luna. I'll see you in the morning, okay?" Celestia asked.

"Okay, sister" Luna said as she approached her sister's bedroom door, "Good night"

"You too" Celestia smiled.

Luna exited her sister's bedroom and sighed to herself, she was hoping that her sister would let this machine make progress for Ponykind, but she didn't. And the worst thing was, Celestia is probably right, which sinks Luna's hopes lower. Luna took a five minute walk to get to her own room, it was beside the guests' bedrooms, she enter her dark bedroom and switched the light on, it was dim, but it would soon adjust itself and get brighter. She went over to her bed and looked under it, where she found a packet of cigarettes and a small box of matches,

"There you are" Luna happily said as she levitated box objects as gave a small kiss to the packet of cigarettes.

She went out to her balcony with her cigarettes and matches, and lit her cigarette and smoked away. But what she didn't know, was that Tesla was on the balcony right next to hers,

"What did your sister think?" He asked.

Luna jumped, almost letting go of her cigarette from her magic's vice,

"Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you, your Highness" Tesla apologized.

"No, it's okay" Luna said, "What was the question you asked me, sir?"

"What did your sister think of my machine?" Tesla asked.

"She thought it was an impressive piece of technology. But we're not going to go far with it, that's what she told me anyways. She says it will be too frustrating for our society" Luna told him as she blew some smoke away.

"That's a good reason why, your Highness" Tesla said.

"Please, call me Luna" She told him.

"Okay, Luna. She makes a good point, see it from her perspective" Tesla said.

Luna sighed out a breath of smoke, "I do, and it makes sense, I've been gone for a thousand years..."

"A thousand years?" Tesla interrupted.

"Yeah, I was the...um.." Luna paused.

"Oh yeah, the Nightmare Moon incident, Twilight told me about that" Tesla said.

Luna nodded and then got another cigarette from the packet, she lit it with another match and began to smoke,

"You still look pretty young, Luna" Tesla said.

Luna chuckled, "How flattering, it's just the Alicorn aging"

"Alicorn aging?" Tesla questioned.

"Yeah, I'm actually over twenty-eight thousand years old, yet I guess every one thousand years I age a little" Luna told him.

"Jesus Christ, I'm only fifty-six" Tesla said in shock.

"You look pretty young for fifty-six" Luna smiled.

Tesla smirked back as there was small silence, until Tesla broke it,

"So you say you were gone for a thousand years and then?" Tesla asked.

"Oh" Luna said as she inhaled and exhaled her cigarette, "Yeah, so I was gone for years and she just thinks it wouldn't be good for me since I missed out a thousand years worth of evolution, and it would be frustrating for both of us with the machine" Luna explained.

"Oh right" Tesla said, "So you're kind of an outcast?"

"Pretty much" Luna said.

"Well, you sure as hell are not the only one, I come from a different world, I'm not even meant to be a pony" Tesla said.

"Human, right?" Luna asked.

"Yeah, how do you know?" Tesla asked.

"Rarity told me she lost a bet" Luna replied.

"Oh right, that" Tesla remembered

"Um..do you smoke?" Luna said as she offered Tesla cigarette.

Tesla thought for a little bit, he doesn't smoke but he is also pretty bored, maybe this could pass the time for him,

"Sure" Tesla said as he pulled out a cigarette from Luna's levitating packet, "You got a light?"

Luna swiped a match against the sandpaper on the side of the matchbox and levitated the match to his cigarette, which she lit,

"Thanks" Tesla said as he inhaled.

"How come your not sleeping? It's one o'clock in the morning" Luna asked and told him.

Tesla coughed out the smoke slightly, "Yeah, I don't usually sleep" Tesla replied.

"Insomnia?" Luna asked.

"No, I don't have time to sleep" Tesla said, "How come you're not sleeping?"

"I'm the Princess of the Night, I'm not allowed to, I'm kind of a nocturnal pony" Luna chuckled.

"Huh, seems fair" Tesla as he eased into smoking his cigarette.

"Though I don't sleep much during the day" Luna said.

"When I sleep, I usually just doze off for an hour or two, to recharge my batteries" Tesla said, "You know what? After my cigarette, I'll do just that"

"Well, hope you have good dozing off, Nikola" Luna said.

"Thank you, Luna" Nikola thanked as he almost finished his cigarette.

"And also, I think your machine is amazing"


It was now morning in the Palace. Tesla and the rest were having breakfast in the palace kitchen, Rarity and Applejack got donuts and coffee from Donut Joe's for everyone's breakfast, but Tesla just had the coffee instead,

"Nikola, you not hungry?" Twilight asked.

Tesla shook his head, "No, I'm not too much a fan of sugary foods. The coffee on the other hand is pretty nice"

"You sure you're not going to eat at least one thing, darling?" Rarity asked.

"No thank you, Rarity" Tesla replied.

"So, what are y'all doing Friday night?" Applejack asked, "What to do something?"

"Like what?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I don't know, go for a few drinks, something like that" Applejack said.

"I'm up for that" Rainbow Dash said.

"Can't, I've got to babysit my sister" Rarity told her.

"I'll go" Twilight said.

"I'll come to" Fluttershy quietly said.

"What about you Pinkie?" Applejack asked.

"I've got an exam, I can't" Pinkie said happily as always.

Everypony looked at Pinkie in surprise and confusion,

"Exam?" Twilight asked.

"Yep" Pinkie replied.

"What kind of exam?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Chemistry" Pinkie squeaked.

"You're joking me? You do chemistry?" Dash asked.

"Yeah" Pinkie said.

"Oh, well um...good luck, Pink" Rainbow Dash said.

"Thanks, Dashie" Pinkie thanked.

Everypony else wished Pinkie good luck on her Chemistry exam, and then there was a knock on the door,

"Come in" Twilight said.

The door knocked again,

"Come in" Twilight said in a more frustrated tone.

The door knocked once more, Twilight sighed in annoyance and went over to opened the door, then a slithering creature burst through the door as soon as Twilight touched the doorknob,

"Hello ponies!" The slithering creature said as all ponies, apart from Tesla realized who it was.

"Oh my god" Twilight said as she facehoofed herself.

"Discord" Rarity mumbled.

"What are you doing here, Discord?" Twilight asked.

"I thought I'd just stop by" Discord said in his usual sarcastic tone.

"What the fuck is that?" Tesla asked of Discord.

Discord then looked over at Tesla,

"Oh my" Discord said as he poofed over beside Tesla, "Twilight, I haven't been replaced by this fine gentleman, have I?"

"No, he's...." Twilight began.

"I know him. You're Mr. Nicky Tesla, I've read about you from reading Twilight's letters to Celestia" Discord spoke out.

"What!?" Twilight asked angrily.

"But anyways, I've heard that you, Mr. Tesla, are a being from another world" Discord said, deliberately ignoring Twilight.

"Yes" Tesla said, "I heard you're meant to be pretty chaotic"

"Chaotic? No" Discord said as he disappeared.

Discord then seemed through the open part of Tesla's coffee cup, disguising himself as steam from the coffee,

"I am chaos" Discord whispered.

"Interesting" Tesla said as he blew the steamed Discord away, "I'm an inventor"

"Hmm" Discord hummed as he returned to his normal form, "I'm aware of your machine, Mr. Tesla. A machine that can make objects go to another place without magic, it's genius"

"But seriously, you went through my letters?" Twilight asked.

"I had to, staff regulations in the cosmic post office" Discord said innocently.

"Cosmic post office?" Twilight questioned, "That's the best you can come up with?"

"Well, whenever a letter is transported by magic, we at the cosmic post office have to check them before letting them pass through to their sent location" Discord explained.

Twilight gave up, "Fine, just don't read them whilst you're checking them"

"Fair deal, Twilight" Discord grinned.

Tesla finished his coffee, and observed this Discord creature, he looked odd to Tesla from first glance, Tesla also wasn't too sure about his very sarcastic manner,

"Anyways, my friends, I was just stopping by to say hello. I need to go now" Discord said.

"No pranks?" Twilight asked.

"No chaotic antics?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"No cotton candy clouds with chocolate rain?" Pinkie asked with a gasp.

"I'm sorry, my friends. But I have a business arrangement later tonight, I'm meeting seven brothers about a business arrangement" Discord told them.

"Well, have fun with that" Fluttershy wished for him.

"Thank you, dear Fluttershy" Discord said.

Fluttershy smiled, she was happy that Discord has remained a good friend of hers, though all the others still think he is untrustworthy,

Well, adios amigos" Discord said before snapping his fingers and disappearing.

"Em...does he usually do stuff like that?" Tesla asked.

"Yeah, he's just a sweetheart though" Fluttershy softly replied.

"Define sweetheart" Tesla said.

"He never usually leaves so quickly though" Twilight said.

"Yeah, that was strange" Rarity added.

"I wonder where he's heading. Seven brothers? I wonder where abouts?" Applejack asked.

Author's Note:

Next chapter will solely focus on The Banished Brotherhood

PreviousChapters Next