• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 5,937 Views, 264 Comments

The Original Mad Scientist in Equestria - Br0nyb0y123



Nikola Tesla creates a machine that malfunctions and teleports him to Ponyville, seeing that he has become an equine horse. Will he make it back home?

  • ...
43
 264
 5,937

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10: Hell on Wheels

Tesla, Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie made it over to the dirt track just outside of Ponyville that the Cutie Mark Crusaders' go-kart race was being held, the track was wide and in the line-up was five carts, one belong to Dinky and Noi, another to Pip and Button Mash, the third to Snips and Snails, the fourth to Truffles and Featherweight and the last to the Cutie Mark Crusaders, which was concealed underneath a blanket, which looked as if they were going to surprise the audience. Speaking of which, the audience was not really large, with the audience mainly consisting of ponies that were family members or friends supporting the racers, the only one who didn't have a dog in anypony's fight was Nikola, he was only interested in seeing what his engine could do, he doesn't see it selfishness, he sees it as a compulsion, a compulsion to see if his works work, to the point where it almost drives him slightly crazy.

With Nikola not knowing what the Cutie Mark Crusaders look like, he decided to ask Twilight which ones they were, Twilight was standing beside him on his right, Rarity was standing to his left,

"Twilight, which ones are Applejack's sister and Rarity's sister?"

"You see the yellow filly with the red mane and the bow?" Twilight asked back whilst pointing to Applebloom.

"Yeah" Tesla said.

"Well, that's Applebloom, she's Applejack's little sister" Twilight told him.

"I take it the white one is Rarity's sister, if I'm not mistaken?" Tesla made sure.

"You're right, that's Sweetie Belle" Twilight said.

"Who's the orange one?" Tesla asked.

"That's Scootaloo" Twilight replied.

"Is she a relative of any of yous?" Tesla asked.

"No, she's just a great friend to Applebloom and Sweetie Belle" Twilight said.

"Oh right" Tesla replied.

"You feeling okay, Nikola?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, I'm just...um...tired" He replied.

"You didn't need to come with us to this, you could've went back to the tree and slept" Twilight said.

"I wanted to come, I didn't have anything better to do" Tesla replied.

"Okay then" Twilight shrugged off.

The announcer and commentator of the race was on a stage and happened to be a kid, it was the grey Pegasus, Rumble. Rumble then cleared his throat and began the introduction,

"Fillies and gentlecolts, it is my pleasure to introduce the competitors for this race, all very good ponies and some of my closest friends, in the cart furthest away from me we have Dinky and Noi, beside them we have my two good pals, Pipsqueak and Button Mash in their cart, then we have Snips and Snails, two more of my friends, then we have Truffles and Featherweight and finally, the underdogs, and the ponies I personally want to win, The Cutie Mark Crusaders!" He said.

After he said that, he and Scootaloo shared a little wink from the stage to the track. Then The Cutie Mark Crusaders unveiled their kart and the distant and quiet chatter of the crowds turned into complete silence as they saw what was attached to the back of their kart, and it was a large metal engine made from scraps, which still strangely looked like they were in great shape. Everypony's mouths were gaped open, lost for words, all except from the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Twilight and Tesla.

Twilight just saw something like this coming just from her conversation with Tesla a few minutes ago. She along with the rest of her friends turned to look at Tesla,

"Nikola. What the hell is that?" Applejack asked about the machine.

"It's an engine" Tesla said whilst still looking at the kart.

"Oh my God, this isn't going to end well" Twilight said as she facehoofed.

"It'll be fine, Twilight. This engine isn't powerful, I made it like that so it will be safe for the children" Tesla explained as he faced Twilight.

"Are you sure?" Twilight asked.

"I'm positively sure" Tesla replied.

"Guys..." Pinkie interrupted.

"Pinkie, not now" Twilight said.

"..Why is Sweetie Belle enchanting the engine?" Pinkie continued.

"What?" Twilight and Tesla both said at the same time.

All seven of the ponies looked over at the Cutie Mark Crusaders' kart and saw Sweetie Belle let out a small spark of blue magic and it swiftly encased itself around the engine. With Tesla having little to no idea about what magic can do to his engine, he decided to ask Twilight,

"Twilight, what exactly can magic do something like my engine?" Tesla asked.

"It depends, really. I take it she's probably increasing it's power" Twilight said, worrying for the worst.

"Oh Christ..." Tesla said in shock.

The competitors of the race were set in their karts and Rumble was about to make the announcement to get the race started, and with Tesla and the rest being behind several ponies, they couldn't do anything,

"Okay, racers, on your marks..." Rumble began.

"Get set..." He continued.

"Fuck!" Tesla exclaimed.

"Go!!" Rumble shouted.

The racers went ahead, but the Cutie Mark Crusaders were gone in an instant, leaving two horizontal lines of fire left from the speed of their kart,

"Holy..." Twilight said slowly.

"Rainbow! Pinkie! After the girls, quickly!" Rarity ordered.

"Got it" Rainbow said.

"Wait!" Nikola intervened.

"What is it, Nicky?" Pinkie asked.

"Once you get near the kart, get the girls out first, then try to to stop the kart, use a blockade or something" Tesla told them.

"Me and Pink will get to it" Rainbow said before she and Pinkie sped away.


The kart was speeding out of control, zooming fast past the trees and approaching Ponyville, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were in their kart, with the wind violently battering against them. The girls were sitting in a row, Scootaloo at the front, Applebloom in the middle and Sweetie Belle at the back, whilst they were going at a fast speed, Scootaloo decided to try and be humorous, only it was the wrong time to be like that,

"We should have tested it out before we raced!" Scootaloo shouted.

"Oh, ya think, Scoots!?" Applebloom sarcastically replied.

"Help should be coming, Rainbow Dash will help!" Scootaloo told her friends.

"Yeah, ya're right!" Applebloom said.

"Oh my gosh, this is my fault" Sweetie Belle uttered.

"No, it ain't, Sweetie Belle.." Applebloom replied.

"It is. I enchanted the thing..." Sweetie Belle continued.

"Which is exactly why we should've tested it out before you did that, it's all our faults" Scootaloo said.

"Girls, if this ends horribly, which I think it will do. How about we split the pay for damages in threes?" Scootaloo said.

"Deal" Sweetie Belle and Applebloom said at the same time.

The Crusaders' conversation was stopped by two fast whooshes, it was two fast flashes of color, a flash of rainbow on the right, and a flash of pink on the left, both flashes looked like smudged chalk. Instantly the Crusaders knew that help had came to them in the form of Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.


Rainbow Dash and Pinkie just realized they past the Cutie Mark Crusaders. At the speed they were going at, they were in time with each other, one didn't look smudged colors to the other whilst they were moving, but they both knew they had to slow down,

"What's the plan, Rainbow?" Pinkie asked.

"Nikola's plan, we'll get the girls out the kart first, then stop the kart" Rainbow replied.

"Since you're airborne, Dashie, you get the girls out of the kart, and I'll try to stop the kart" Pinkie said.

"Okay!" Rainbow agreed.

Rainbow Dash slowed down slightly until she was in time with Crusaders, Pinkie still raced ahead of the kart. The Crusaders were relieved to see the talented cyan mare be in time with them,

"Rainbow Dash!" The fillies all cheered.

"Hey, little ones, I'm here to save you" Rainbow Dash said as she hovered above them.

"What about the kart? Won't it destroy somethings?" Scootaloo asked.

"Pinkie's going to take care of the kart whilst I get yous on safe ground" Rainbow told them.

"Okay" Sweetie Belle said.

"What I want you girls to do is get on my back one at a time" Rainbow Dash told them, "Okay?"

"Sure" The three Crusaders replied.

"Okay, Applebloom, you get on first, then Sweetie Belle second, Scootaloo, you last" Rainbow told them.

"Alright" Applebloom replied.

Rainbow Dash then hovered herself to the side of the moving kart and continued to keep herself in line with the kart. Since she was flying very low, she had to avoid obstacles, such as large rocks and bushes. Applebloom was meant to go first, so she got herself ready and awaited Dash's orders,

"Okay, so Applebloom, on my count to three, I want you to hop on my back, then I'll count another three, Sweetie will then hop on, and the same with Scootaloo, got it?" Rainbow made clear.

"Yes" Applebloom said before Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo said after her.

Applebloom placed her front hooves on the side of the kart and steadily got herself to stand on the fast moving kart, she felt like she was going to get blown away by the winds, but she was fine standing,

"Okay, one" Rainbow Dash paused, "Two.." She paused again, "..THREE!"

Applebloom then pounced onto Rainbow Dash's back, Rainbow Dash lost control slightly, but she continued to fly,

"Sweetie Belle, on the count of three, get on my back" Dash said.

"Okay" Sweetie Belle replied nervously.

Sweetie Belle followed Applebloom's method of staying steady on the kart by holding on to the sides, Rainbow Dash did another count, and Sweetie Belle landed carefully on Rainbow Dash after the count of three. Now it was just Scootaloo left, to hop on,

"Scoots, on three. Okay?" Rainbow wanted to make sure.

"Okay" Scootaloo nodded worriedly.

"One..." Rainbow began.

"Two.." She continued.

Scootaloo got herself ready to leap onto the flying mare's back, the kart moved faster due to only one pony on it,

"...THREE!" Dash shouted.

Scootaloo leaped on Rainbow Dash and as soon as Scootaloo swiftly landed on Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash slowed down until she was walking on firm ground again. The Crusaders all got off of her as soon as she stopped, and they all watched the kart move faster towards Ponyville,

"Will Pinkie stop it?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"We're just going to have to wait and see, kiddo" Rainbow Dash replied.


With the kart having no one inside it, it became faster because it was lighter. With Pinkie galloping at the speed she's at, she's didn't expect the kart to zoom past her, but when it did, she knew she ultimately had to try and catch up with it, but it was tiring her out. Pinkie is no stranger to the strange, she can make herself go slow, be one step ahead of everypony else and even appear in places you wouldn't think she'd appear, but the pace she was going at was extremely tiring, even for the energetic pony that is Pinkie. But she had to push on and stop the kart, or else it will inevitably be the first pandemic Ponyville has had in ages,

"Good God!" Pinkie gasped as the kart darted past her, "Damn it. I should've saved the kids and Dashie could have stopped this thing, it's too fast" She thought.

She looked further ahead to notice Ponyville was not too far from her reach, she had to do something, think of something and do it quickly. She looked to see two object she could use for stopping the kart, a plank of wood and a barrel. With Pinkie's surprising intelligence, she thought of something quickly, she needs to get the plank on top of the sideways barrel, then catapult the kart away from the town, but how she was going to set it up was something she wasn't sure of. How is she going to place the plank on the barrel before the kart gets there? Pinkie knew a way.

Once she caught up to the kart, she climbed in it, it was kind of small for her, hoping the plan she's come up with will work. As she passed both the plank and the barrel, she grabbed them and placed the barrel in front of her in the small amount of space she had and put the plank beside her. She entered the village, riding the kart, she moved her body in different directions, making the kart ease in her direction, dodging civilians and objects. Sometimes she didn't even need to dodge other ponies as they would just pounce out the way,

"Sorry!" Pinkie said as she passed multiple ponies.

She was soon coming to a part of Ponyville that plenty of open space, how she can come to phase two of her plan. She tossed the barrel quite a few feet ahead of her, then followed it up by throwing the plank with extreme precision, and it perfectly landed on the barrel. As the kart rapidly approached the plank and barrel, Pinkie took a deep breath and said,

"Let's do it!"

The kart moved up the plank and Pinkie jumped out of the kart and as the kart went on the side of the plank in front of her, she stomped down with extreme force on the opposite side, and she watched as the kart flew through the air. She waited about forty seconds before finally hearing what sounded like the impact. Then she saw smoke in the horizon,

"I guess I should get Twilight" She said.


It was now night time, with Tesla back at the library with Twilight. He was back in the basement, pondering to himself of something that fascinated him earlier on, how the magic that Sweetie Belle used towards the engine that somehow made it faster. He was sitting on the chair that was in the basement, he was surrounded by equations he left on several blackboards that he stole from the dump, along with many scrumped up pieces of paper on the ground,

"How did magic make the engine work better than it should have?" Tesla asked himself.

He then heard a knock at the door, he knew it was Twilight,

"Come in" He said.

Twilight opened the door and stepped inside,

"Hey Niko-" She began before noticing all the blackboards, "Em, where did you get these blackboards?"

"From the dump" Tesla replied.

"Em...okay" Twilight said slowly before shaking her head and going back to what she was meant to say, "Listen, me and the girls agreed not to tell anyone else about the engine. But the thing I wanted to know is, why did you make it in the first place?" Twilight asked.

"When I first saw the kart, it looked like a train-wreck, it felt embarrassing to even look at it" Tesla told her, "It wasn't meant to go as fast as that, I just wanted to amp the kart up a little"

"Well, you sure did amp it up. The damned thing almost torn through half of Ponyville" Twilight said.

"It wasn't meant to go as fast as that, whatever Rarity's sister did made it go faster" Tesla reminded her.

"Oh yeah, sorry" Twilight apologized.

"Tell me Twilight, can magic make things more advanced?" Tesla asked.

"Depends on the kind of spells you use" Twilight replied.

"I think magic can actually a science in your world, I need to study it more. Have got any books related to spells that can advance objects, so to speak?" Tesla asked.

"Um...yeah, I've got quite a few of them upstairs. How many of them are you wanting?" Twilight asked.

"All of them" Tesla replied, "I need all of them, if I'm wanting to make my pulse more advanced"

"Okay, but your pulse needs to be finished before I'm probably able to enchant it" Twilight said.

"Oh right, well that's fine then" Tesla said.

"I'll get the books for you" Twilight smiled.

"Thanks" Tesla replied.

Twilight turned around and approached the door that led up to the main room, but before she was able to leave, Tesla stopped her before she could,

"Twilight" He called.

She turned around to look at Tesla,

"There's something else I've been wondering since I came here, besides all the science and magic" Tesla said.

"And what's that?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Why did you want to help me?" Tesla asked back.

"I guess it is in my nature" Twilight shrugged and smiled, "You seemed odd and kind of an out-cast the first time I met you and I guess I could relate to that. To top that all off, you're from an alternative universe, so...."

"Well, I just wanted to say thank you, for everything, to you, the girls and maybe Spike" Tesla said.

"It's okay, it's the least I could do" Twilight replied, "I'll get you the books"

"Okay, thanks again Twilight" Tesla thanked once more.

"You're welcome"

PreviousChapters Next