• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 533 Views, 0 Comments

Trust and Traitors - TheOtherSideOfFluttershy



Sometimes, you can't belong. Yet somewhere, there's somepony who cares.

  • ...
 0
 533

Divine Rose

You have to be grateful when your discomforts give you energy. Cause I have a lot of that.
The train to Ponyville was filled with ponies. Mostly unicorns, but I just assumed that was due to the fact the train came straight from Canterlot. I was sitting in a corner seat, staring out the window. The ponies around me buzzed with the excitement of a festival ran by Rarity. I knew that pony. She was well talked about in the cafes around Canterlot. She had been a fashionable pony with great tastes and a close friend of Fancy Pants. That wasn't why I knew her.
I think it takes a lot of energy to be seen in public. I have to comb my hair a certain way, or wear sunglasses. Never wear an eye patch because last time I did that, I stole twenty bits and some sunglasses after some spotty pony started poking into my business. I like to think that it is not my fault, but it is. Lucky for me, my hair was still in its black stage. So as long as I don't go around wearing eye patches with my mane and tail burnt, I should be good. But the main reason is avoiding bumping into ponies or talking to them. I'm too shy.
I wasn't going to go unnoticed. I guess if you sit in a corner staring out a window, you might look depressed. And there are ponies who can't help put try and read your files.
"Hi there!" I was disturbed by the voice of an adult pony sitting next to me. "What's your name?"
I hated giving out my name, but I found it rude not to. It's not like she had anything valuable I could steal. I hope.
"Autumn Fire."
"What a lovely name!" she sounded like she was praising a preschooler. "I'm Divine Rose, daughter of Golden Rose." Was that pony important? I never have heard of her.
"I'm the daughter of Summer Fire." I will confirm your theories: yes, my parents were crazy enough to name me the next season after my mom.
"Delightful! I am given the honor of possibly becoming the next noble in my family. Maybe even a princess!" Divine paused. "Although, the last part is one in a hundred chance. That's why I must prove that I would make a great princess by studying magic and fashion." I didn't understand a lick of how fashion worked it's way into becoming a princess, but I just nodded my head. I really wasn't in the mood for arguing, considering the fact that Spring has shutted up recently.
"What about you darling? What's your dream?"
My dream? Well, my future looks pretty bleak if I continue my shoplifting career, and my cutie Mark hasn't made any sense lately. At first, I thought my destiny was to create fire patterns and fireworks. But ever since I decided I was worthless and was given Spring to worry about, I have begun to think my destiny is to be forever unknown. So I just lied.
"I'd like one day prove myself to my parents." Okay, so it wasn't a full lie. "After that, I think I might do fireworks." Divine clapped her hooves.
"What a great future! I am very sorry that your parents don't belief in you. I am sure you are amazingly gifted."
That's what they all say! Oh yay, Spring's back. Always coming in at the right moments.
"Thanks," I lied. I smiled to convince her. She was a pink unicorn with golden hair bundled up into some fancy hairstyle I can't name. She wore a silver necklace and silver crowns for her hooves. She obviously wore heavy amounts of eyeshadow, colored purple. Divine's eyes shone a light blue.
"What are your plans in Ponyville?" I found myself enjoying our chat.
"I owe somepony a favor. I figured I might as well take up a job for them. I need the bits." Divine nodded.
"I was going to ask Princess Twilight for some tips on becoming a princess. I don't really know her, but I'm sure she could help me." Divine looked at her silver crown. Her reflection beamed off it. I couldn't tell if she was pretty or not. I'm not lesbian.
"Yeah, Princess Twilight is nice like that." Her image burned in the back of my mind. A purple alicorn. She was the one who had tried to keep me. She was the last pony I wanted to see in Ponyville.
The train was slowing down. I looked outside the window to see Canterlot far, far away. I smiled. I never wanted to go their again. I could hear the whistle blow.
"Looks like we're here!" Divine waited for me to hop off my seat.
"Where are you heading?"
"Me? I have rented a house near the boutique. Rarity's fashion designs are quite fabulous. What about you?"
"I'm going to my friends house. It's really close by." I didn't want to excite her. She clapped her hooves again.
"I know! You and me, tomorrow night, night club. It will be loads of fun, and cute stallions!" She nudged me a little. "And if you see one you like, I can hook you up!" I blushed. I think I heard Spring scream something, but it might have been my one thoughts. I have never been into stallions. They were always bullies to me.
"Well, I might be busy..."
"Oh come on! It'll be loads of fun! We can bond some more!"
"Alrighty then." I needed her trust if I was going to do what Spring has planned. Plus, it could be fun.
We walked together off the train. It was dark out, as Luna had just risen the moon. This was the last train for the day, for the conductor walked off with us. Friends of ponies stood around the platform. None of them were here to see me. This was also the case for Divine, for she continued to walk with me towards the boutique. Divine talked on about fashion, a topic I was good with but did not care about. I never heard her ask questions. Soon enough, we had arrived at Divine's rented house. A small, one story house just behind the boutique. Divine yawned, her hoof covering her yawn.
"Well, I guess this is where we depart." I nodded.
"See you tomorrow," I replied before trotting away. I walked calmly to the boutique, my insides nervous as ever. I had not seen my friends since I got my cutie mark. I was sure they hadn't changed, other than having a little sister. Hooves trembling, I knocked on the door. It was a little while before the door swung open, and a white unicorn stood their.
"Welcome home, Autumn."

Author's Note:

It has been a while.
I think Autumn Fire doesn't know what she will get herself into. You'll see.
In the meantime, I need to check the tags and see which is sad and which is tragedy. I was gonna have her die, but I changed my mind. She might have some other purposes.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment