• Published 29th Nov 2013
  • 6,304 Views, 70 Comments

Wander over Yonder (in): The Friendship - AngelShy24



Wander and Sylvia crash lands in Ponyville and makes new friends.

  • ...
5
 70
 6,304

The Kindiest Pony in Ponyville

Last time…

(Wander)

Sylvia and Ah crash landed on a strange, new planet and nearly escaped an explody demise! Once on the ground, we got into a little trouble with a couple of cute little pony folk and their apple trees due to a little misunderstandin’; but once things were settled, we all became friends! We soon went off to the nearby town, Ponyville to find someone who could help us with our situation, but how could Ah focus on that when the town was so friendly and lively!

Pretty soon, we met a couple more ponies who told us of one in their town who was the kindiest pony out of all of them and probably the friendliest too! Now that was a pony Ah couldn’t pass up not meetin’, and thankfully Sylvia was all up for meetin’ her too… well, mostly.

-----

Wander and Sylvia followed the directions that Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash gave them, and they eventually reached their destination. They came upon a small cottage atop a little hill surrounded by little rivers and grassy burrows, and different kinds of animals were seen all around.

“Well here we are,” said Wander, “Um, this is the cottage, right?”

“Well, Wander,” Sylvia responded, “considering on how creepy-looking that nearby forest over there is, I’d say that this is the right cottage.”

Wander hopped off Sylvia’s back and stepped forward taking in all the beautiful scenery, “It’s so nice and serene lookin’, and look at all of these animals here! Ah’d say that this Fluttershy gal is quite an animal lover.”

“Let’s just go and meet her already,” Sylvia sighed, “and then get back to our business.”

Suddenly, both aliens saw a single Pegasus fly down from above; a gray mare with a blonde mane. It was wearing a saddle bag filled with envelopes and it looked like she was trying to stick some of them in a mailbox that was in front of the cottage.

“Hey, wait…” Wander wondered, “is that her?”

“Nah, it can’t be,” Sylvia stated, “Didn’t those other ponies say that she has a yellow coat and a pink mane? This one has a grayish coat and a blonde mane.”

Suddenly, Wander grinned a bit while noticing the cutiemark on the mare’s flank, “Phffff, a-and she has bubbles on her butt.”

“Oh would you cut that out,” said Sylvia hitting Wander upside his head, “Why don’t we go over there and ask her ourselves if she knows this Fluttershy.”

“Great idea,” said Wander excitedly, “wish Ah thought of that mahself!”

As the unsuspecting mare was putting the last pieces of mail in the mailbox, Wander and Sylvia slowly approached her. And when they were near enough, Wander called out to her to make their presence known.

“Hey there, miss… uh, pony; can we ask ya something?”

The grey mare turned around to the two creatures with a smile, “Yes?”

“We were just wonderin’… WHOA!”

Sylvia and Wander were suddenly caught off-guard by a feature shown on the mare; her derped eyes. Aside from seeing two very unusual creatures in front of her, the mare was wondering why they were staring at her so hard.

“Uhh…”

“Huh, what’s wrong,” asked the mare curiously, “Is there something on my face; something strange?”

“Umm…”

Suddenly, the mare had an idea of what was causing their blank faces, “Wait… is it my eyes? It is my eyes, isn’t?!” Tears started to fill her eyes, “You two think they look stupid, don’t you?!”

Wander began to freak out a bit seeing someone being upset, “What, no no no no; we don’t think they’re stupid at all! They just... caught us off guard, that’s all. Am I right, Sylvia?”

“Oh... y-yeah, what he said,” Sylvia added.

The mare wiped away some tears while smiling a little, “Really is that all?”

“Of course,” said Wander with a bright smile, “As a matter of fact, Ah think those eyes are very becomin'; they suit you very well and are what makes you… well, you.”

“Oh, don’t flatter me so much,” said the mare sheepishly, “you’re just saying that.”

“Ahem,” said Sylvia, “no offense, but can we get to our question?”

“Oh yeah, right,” said Wander, “We’re lookin’ for a yellow Pegasus gal named Fluttershy. Do ya know her?”

Pondering in her brain, Derpy answered, “Oh yeah, Fluttershy! This is her cottage and I was just delivering her mail. She a real good friend of mine and is always kind to me and my daughter.”

“You have a daughter!?”

“Yeah, she the cutest little muffin to come from my bosom; well, she’s the only one, but she’s still my whole world.”

“Wow, how sweet. You must be a really good mother.”

Sylvia called Wander to her attention again, “Wander; Fluttershy?”

“Oops, Ah did again,” said Wander blushing and scratching her head, “So… Fluttershy, do you know where she is”

“Well… she’s not here, that’s for sure.”

“Oh that’s just great,” groaned Sylvia.

“But don’t worry, I think I saw her that way near that huge grassy pasture that way. She hanging out with a whole bunch of animals, but that’s to be expected when you can talk to animals.”

Wander’s eyes lit up yet again, “No way, a pony who can talk to other critters?!”

“Focus, Wander,” said Sylvia, “The sooner we get to her the sooner you can ‘gah’ all over her.”

The grey mare was still looking at them curiously, and then it finally hit her to ask, “Hey, are you two some kind of aliens?!”

“Yes yes, we’re aliens,” said Sylvia as she quickly grabbed Wander and headed off towards the pasture's direction, “Pretty werird, right? Anyway, we need to be on our way.”

“Wait,” said Wander, “what’s yer name!”

“The name is Derpy Hooves,” mare answered proudly, “but you can just call me Derpy. It was nice to meet ya.”

After that, the mare flew off to deliver more mail. But to Sylvia, she was just surprised that she didn’t she question more on their appearances, “Huh, pretty peculiar for a pony.”

“Aw snap,” shouted Wander in vain, “I fergot to ask her what her cutiemark meant!”

-----

Out in the flower fields, the pony named Fluttershy was just hanging out with some of her animal friends and just breathing the fresh air of the atmosphere. Angel, her bunny friend was there too just lying on the ground and taking it easy.

“Ah, it’s nice to just come out here and lay amongst sun’s rays and feeling the briskly air; don’t you think so, Angel?”

Angel sighed as he nodded his head in agreement and continued to recline back in his position.

“It sure has been a while since I could just relax and stay calm without any worries for a whole day. Everything is going well so far.”

Suddenly, Angel sat straight up with his ears and nose twitching as he was suddenly looking around them. Fluttershy saw him and felt that something was troubling him.

“W-what’s wrong, Angel? Do you sense something?”

Angel knew there was no doubt about it; he did sense something approaching them. Something that he has never seen before. He hopped around checking the surroundings to see if he could find anything suspicioucs; but then Fluttershy heard him make a high-pitched squeak as he fled back over to FLuttershy and some of the bigger animals shaking in his fur.

“What did you see, Angel?” Fluttershy questioned, “What’s going on? Oh, I knew that this day was too calm to be true.”

Before Fluttershy knew it, she saw a figure suddenly approaching from Angel’s running direction. Fluttershy wasn’t quite sure what she was about to see, but the safety of her animal friends came first and she decided to stay and meet this persona head on.

When it came close enough, Fluttershy noticed that it wasn’t just one creature, there was two; obviously because she saw one riding the other. The riding one was smaller riding on the bigger steed-like creature that reminded Flutterhsy a bit of her own kind… but something was different. She saw the smaller creature hop down on the ground and spoke in a friendly, southern accent.

“Howdy there, miss pony!”

“Oh my goodness,” Fluttershy gasped from hearing the creature speak.

“Mah name’s Wander and this is my friend, Sylvia. Sorry if we scared yer little bunny there; he seemed pretty freaked out by us.”

“Um, Wander,” said Sylvia, “I think it only ran from me.”

“W-who… I mean, w-what are you?” said Fluttershy feeling strongly curious, “I’ve never seen creatures like you before.”

“Of course ya don’t,” said Wander, “we’re aliens; but before you freak out, we’re friendly! So don’t worry about us takin’ over your planet or anything.”

Fluttershy was still freaked out but in a different way. Her eyes shimmered as they widened looking upon the small alien that stood before her. She took him by surprise as she went up to him and picked him up to hug him.

“I can’t believe it, real live aliens!” She then held Wander up to get a closer look at him, “And I love your little hat, it makes you look very cute.”

Gaining his breath, Wander smiled and blushed at the yellow mare, “Aw, thanks, yer sorta cute too.”

After Fluttershy placed him back down on the ground, Wander strightned out his hat and politely asked, “So yer Fluttershy, right? Sylvia and Ah have been just dyin’ to meet ya!”

“He’s been dyin’ to meet you,” said Sylvia, “Me… I guess its nice to meet you.”
Fluttershy felt flattered of the strange creatures, but she was also a bit nervous of being the center of attention, “B-b-but… why would you want to meet me; I usually don’t stand out too much around here.”

“What, don’t be silly," Wander stated, "Word around here is that you’re the most kindiest pony here in this town, and the nicest too.”

Sylvia nodded her head, “It’s true.”

“I-I-I don’t know about that. I know that I’m nice, but… the nicest? That may be a bit of a stretch.”

All of the animals who was with Fluttershy were all suddenly gathering around feeling curious of these new creatures; except Angel, who was stilling behind Fluttershy from Sylvia.

“Well Ah don’t know about you, but seeing all of these animals bein' so calm around you, Ah bet it takes a really kind heart to posses such a bond with them.”

“Well, yeah… they are kind friends to me, and I guess it’s because I’m so kind to them; just like I’m kind to all my pony friends.”

Wander could see Angel shaking behind the mare's fore leg. But he thought that maybe he could bring him back out with his friendly approach as he went near and placed on a happy face.

"Come on out, little buddy; we ain't gonna hurt ya. Why, we're completely harmless and not dangerous at all!"

Angel was feeling a little better seeing how nice and gentle Wander was acting and was slowly coming out, but then they all heard a small rumble from nearby. They all looked to the side and saw Sylvia lifting a giant boulder repeatedly with one arm.

"Oh, sorry,"she said when she noticed that she was being watched, "I was just working out my arms here." She then switched it up and tossed the boulder to her opposite hand, "Gotta keep the old limbs nice and loose."

Fluttershy was impressed with her jaw gaping, but Angel got scared again and went back into his hiding spot.

"Wow," said Wander scratching his head, "that was bad timing."

"Whoops, did I do that?" Sylvia asked awkwardly.

Fluttershy smiled as she stepped back and picked up Angel and held him comfortably in her hooves.

"Calm down, Angel; it's not like she's going to bench-press you." She then hugged him close to her to calm him down, "Here, have a hug. See, dosen't that make you feel much better?"

Angel did feel better and protected in Flutteershy's embrace as he he sighed with relief. Suddenly, Fluttershy noticed Wander looking up at her with a giddy expression.

"Aw see, you really are the kindiest pony... in Ponyville! You can't deny it!"

Fluttershy blushed knowing that she was caught and finally admitted, "Well... okay, maybe I am, but I don't wish to brag about it."

All was a bit awkward and quiet, until another giant rumble that was heard that took everyone by surprise. Sylvia quickly placed down the boulder and was on alert.

“What the heck was that?!”

Wander looked all around and shrugged his shoulders, “Wasn’t me?”

Fluttershy suddenly held Angel in front of her and his stomach gurgled and made the same rumble sound they heard earlier, “Oh Angel, you must be hungry; but the food is back at the cottage. I guess we have to cut this relaxation time short.”

Sylvia was weirded out that a giant rumble like that came from a rabbit's stomach. But then she noticed Wander looking at Fluttershy and Angel in their situation, “Um, Wander, you have that look in your eye. You have an idea, don’t you?”

Wander zipped up in front of the yellow mare and presented his thought, “Wait, Ah have an idea!”

“And there it is.”

Fluttershy and Angel looked dow at him curiously and Fluttershy asked, “What are you talking about?”

“Ah can get somthin’ for your rabbit friend, and Ah don’t even have to leave this very spot.”

“No way, how can you do that?!”

Angel shrugged his shoulders and smirked; he knew that he couldn't possibly be telling the truth. But Wander proved him wrong as he suddenly took off his hat and raised up his non-holding hand.

“Like this!”

He reached into his hat and rummaged in it a bit. Then like magic, he pulled a fresh carrot out of his hat. “Ta da; how does the little critter feel about this?”

Angel took a good whiff with his nose, then suddenly licked it's lips as it jumped out of Fluttershy's and grabbed the carrot and began to eat it happily. FLuttershy was very surprised at Wander's little trick and was wondering on how he did it, “Wow, that’s amazing! You pulled out exactly what we needed!”

“Exactly; this amazin’ hat of mine gives you not what you want, but what you need!”

A hat that gives exactly what you need at any given time; Fluttershy knew that there was only one explanation for it, “That hat must be magic or something!”

Wander never thought about that, “You could say that; it definitely has gotten us out of some rather tight situations.”

Suddenly, Sylvia tapped Wander on his shoulder, "Um, Wander?"

He looked up and saw all of Fluttershy animal friends looking at him and his hat very closely. He chuckled while having an idea of what they wanted.

“So, who else here is hungry?!”

All of the animals made different agreeing movements while cheering wildly signifying that they were all hungry.

“Oh my," Fluttershy gasped.

That was all Wander needed to hear; he was glad to grant their wish, “Very well; hat, do your thang!”

With one big swing of his arm, he threw his hat high up in the air. And as it floated down, many forms of food for all of the animals there started to drop down onto the ground. Sylvia and Fluttershy both stepped back as the animals all rushed in and began eating their gift. Wander then held out his hand and caught his hat as it ascended back down to him.

“Well hat," he said brushing it off, "you’ve done it again, mah friend.” And then he proudly placed it back on his head.

Fluttershy stared at the entire scene in shock and then smiled feeling astonished of what this little alien accomplished, “I-I-I’m… speechless; I don’t know what to say.”

“That’s Wander for you,” said Sylvia with a smirk, "Helping others without any self thought."

She then walked over to Angel who was just finishing his carrot. He suddenly looked up and saw her looking down at him and at first he was a bit hesitant; but then he hopped onto her shoulder and nudged her cheek.

“See, I’m not so scary now am I?” said Sylvia while scratching his chin.

Angel smiled as he repeatedly thumped his foot.

“Well thank you so much, you two," said Fluttershy happily, "I never would have thought I would be helped out by a couple of aliens; so weird.”

“Says the flying Pegasus,” said Sylvia.

“Is something wrong with that?”

“Well… let’s just say that in some places, Pegasi and Unicorns aren’t exactly known to be… well, real.”

Seeing Fluttershy happy because of him, and all the animals well-fed, Wander had a big, proud smile on his face knowing that he did a major good deed.

“Well Sylvia, Ah feel like Ah did an awesome thang here, and Ah feel satisfied finally meetin’ Miss Fluttershy here!”

Sylvia smirked and crossed her arms, “Which means…”

“Yeeeup, now we can find somepony to help us!”

“Somepony?”, said Sylvia arching her eyebrow.

“The pony language; its contagious.”

Realizing that they were about to leave, she was curious of what their business was, “W-w-wait, what’s going on with you guys; y-y-you know, if you don't mind telling me.”

Sylvia answered her, “We crash landed here in a busted-up ship; please don’t ask, and we need to find somepony here who could help get us back on our feet. Oh great, now I’m saying it; it is contagious.”

“Well… I-I’m sorry that I can’t help you with that," said Fluttershy sadly, "b-but I hope you find somepony who can. It was great meeting you.”

“Same here, Miss Fluttershy," said Wander, "Never change that 'kind' attitude of yers; it's totally you!”

“And… try to lose some of that shyness," said Sylvia, "it’s a little unnerving. Try being more energetic or assertive or something.”

Fluttershy just sheepishly smiled, “I-I-I-I’ll try.”

Wander hopped on Sylvia's back and he waved at Fluttershy and her animal friends as they walked off; and they all waved back. Sylvia smiled a bit looking over at Wander seeing how he felt.

“The kindest pony in Ponyville, huh? I never would’ve thought.”

“Ooh, maybe we could see her one more time before we leave here," said Wander excitedly hanging on to Sylvia's neck, "Don’t you wanna?!”

Sylvia just shrugged and responded, “Eh, we’ll see; but I'm not promising anything.”

After Wander and Sylvia left, Fluttershy fell back down on the ground on her back to relax again. Angel came up beside her to rest his happy tummy and smiled as he laid down beside her.

“Ah, and here I was worried that this day was ruined for us, Angel. Those two were very nice, and it’s amazing that they come from another planet! I wondered if any of the other girls saw them already by any chance?”

Angel didn't really care as he snuggled up to Fluttershy. But he knew that Fluttershy was right about one thing; those two alien were awesome... even the one that scared him. But just as they were about to relax again, a little robin flew down in alert, and Fluttershy could tell that something was up.

“’Sigh’ not again. What is it, little birdy?!”

The robin told her of something that it saw, but it was unclear of what it was.

“A what?! You saw something up high in the sky?! Something big and scary?!”

The bird wanted her to try and see what it was, but the yellow mare was shaking feeling unsure of doing that, “Oh, I-I-I don’t know; it m-might be too dangerous.”

But the bird pleaded that she check it out; it might've been important. Soon,Fluttershy agreed and decided to go anyway, “Y-y-you’re right; I shouldn’t be such a scaredy pony. L-l-lead the way!”

Fluttershy followed the robin way up into the sky; so high that she was suddenly above the clouds shaking slightly in fear. But she didn't let that bother her; she stood her ground and looked all around but didn't see anything.

“Whoa, this… i-i-i-is high. But I don’t see what you were talking about. Are you sure you weren’t seeing things?”

Suddenly, a giant shadow slowly loomed over the pegasus mare and her robin friend, “What the…” They both turned around and saw a hue, gigantic figure approaching them from behind. And Futtershy was shaking even more as the mysterious object stared at her with glowing red eyes, “Oh… my… what is… th-that?!"

-----

Back in Ponyville, Wander and Sylvia still couldn't find anyone to help them out, but they decided to take a break and have something sweet to eat. That led them to Sugar Cube Corner where they were welcomed and serviced by Mrs. Cake.

“Thanks a lot for the free treats, Mam!" said Wander, "I was really getting’ a sweet tooth!”

“Don’t worry about it," said Mrs. Cake with a smile, "it’s all compliments of Pinkie Pie. She sensed that you two were going to stop by here and requested it to me. She told me all about you two.”

“Oh did she," said Sylvia with an arched eyebrow, "Man, news travels fast.”

“So how do you two like Ponyville here during your visit?”

“It’s amazing!"Wander exclaimed, "Ah mean many different ponies everywhere you go and each with many different talents! And seeing that you’re in the bakin’ biz obviously explains the cutiemark of cupcakes on your butt! Everypony here is so nice. I bet there’s not a mean soul on this entire planet!”

“Oh, I’m afraid that you’re wrong about that," said Mrs. Cake, "There has been some nasty, mean creatures that roams these lands, donchya know.”

“Well i don't mean to brag," said Sylvia, "but the truth is that we've dealt with some nasty creeps ourselves out there in the endless vastness of space. I bet what you ponies deal with is nothing compared to what we’ve encountered.”

Before they knew it, both Wander and Sylvia heard a whole bunch of screaming outside; terrified screaming. Hearing it put Sylvia on the alert as she jumped on her feet.

“What the heck is going on out there; I know for certain that ain't someone's tummy rumbling!”

Mrs. Cake got worried of what could be making everyone panic and was concerned for her visitors, “Whatever it is, it can’t be good. You two should stay here.”

“Not a chance," said Sylvia as she dashed out of the room, "I’m checking this out!”

“Wait, Sylvia!” shouted Wander.

But Sylvia didn't hear him as she rushed outside without any sudden's notice.

"Is your friend always full of adrenaline like that?“ said Mrs. Cake to Wander.

Wander smiled and shrugged, "That's Sylvia; always looking for action no matter how dangerous it may be."

He then stepped down and began walking towards Sylvia's direction. But then he came back to the dinning counter and covered their treats, "We’ll be back fer these.”

Mrs. Cake watched as Wander chased after his friend feeling troubled that something bad could happened to them and sighed, “Those brave souls.”

Sylvia was outside wandering all around the rampaging streets trying to get someone attention, but it seemed that they were all too panicked to answer.

“What’s going on?! What is everyp… ugh, everyone panicking about?!”

Suddenly, a random pony slammed up against her from behind and startled her, "Hey, watch where you're going!"

"Well excuse me if accidentally slammed into you," said the pony, "but unfortunately if you didn't realized it we're in the middle of a crisis!"

Suddenly, the pony looked up at Sylvia and yelp from her appearance, "My word, what in the name in all of Equestria are you?!"

"the name is Sylvia; alien from outer space, but never mind that, Miss... whatever! What going on?!"

"First of all," the pony said in a smart tone, "the name is Rarity, not Miss Whatever; and second what's going on is that there’s a giant, ugly ship ascending from the sky. It already made a couple of laser shots on the ground and corralling as much of us to stay in the town. It’s horrible; simply horrible!”

"Whose ship is it?!" Sylvia exclaimed.

"Never mind that, no time to explain! I've gotta find Twilight!"

"Twi-who?!"

But just like that, Rarity went off into the crowd leaving Sylvia hanging, "Hey, what kind of giant ship are we talking about here; and how ugly is it?!"

Suddenly, Sylvia saw a giant figure nearby ascending from the sky. She looked at it real close until... the ship revealed to her to be one that was very familiar, “You have got to be kidding me.”

Sylvia's friend, Wander had finally caught up to her and was catching his breath after running all around the crowd, “There you are, Sylvia; I was... 'whew' lookin' all over... for ya! So what’s with all of the… comooo…tion?”

Wander looked up at Sylvia and saw that she had her serious face on and was glaring at something. But once he looked in the direction of their view, he saw it. A giant metallic ship in the shape of a skull wearing a yellow and orange fin on top and it had some boosts, and engine thrusters in the back. A light smile showed up on Wander's face knowing good and well of who it was; and Sylvia continued to look at it in disgust.

“Well bust mah britches! Look who it is, Sylvia, it’s…”

“Lord Hater.”