• Published 11th Nov 2013
  • 4,105 Views, 24 Comments

Choose Your Pony Adventure - palelordhiphis



A mysterious tunnel appears. Do you take the tunnel or call your psychiatrist? In honor of those old choose your own adventure stories.

  • ...
1
 24
 4,105

Go into the kitchen

You decide to leave the impossible tunnel behind and head into the kitchen. The cold linoleum floor under your bare feet makes it undeniable that you're awake. You had hoped that maybe you were just having a very strange and very bad dream, but it looks like you've just lost your mind, again.

"Maybe I should have something to eat," you think to yourself as you open the refrigerator and stare blankly into it for a few moments.

"I'm going to end up in the hospital again," you mutter as you grab a half gallon of milk and slam the refrigerator door shut.

"Why can't I just have a normal life?" you wonder to yourself as you start to drink straight from the carton.

You stare out the kitchen window into the desolate street outside and wonder where everyone is, though you assume they're all either out having fun with friends or tucked snugly into their beds and couches. You glance towards the doorway to the living room several times, trying to resist the urge to go back in.

"It's not like the tunnel is really there," you assure yourself, "so it's not like it can hurt me."

From the living room, you hear something you weren't expecting. The sound of laughter, of distant voices, birds chirping - all of it echoing as if through a metal pipe.

"It's not real. None of this is real. I just need to get some help, that's all," you mutter to yourself as you run your fingers through your hair, "but if it's not real, then there's no reason for me not to check it out. I mean it's not like the tunnel will actually take me anywhere. I'll just be in my living room."

The sounds from the living room slowly get louder as if they're moving closer to the other end of the tunnel. You wonder who they belong to. You can almost make out what they're saying, but not quite completely, it's as if their words are somehow scrambled on their way through the tunnel, but you can tell that they're all friendly, happy, and excited.

Choose your pony adventure:
Go back into the living room and crawl into the tunnel to check out the meadow
Stay put and wait for your nice friends in the white coats to come and take you away