• Published 11th Nov 2013
  • 4,105 Views, 24 Comments

Choose Your Pony Adventure - palelordhiphis



A mysterious tunnel appears. Do you take the tunnel or call your psychiatrist? In honor of those old choose your own adventure stories.

  • ...
1
 24
 4,105

Go into the hospital peacefully

A small dirt lane leads up to the teal front doors of the hospital. The building itself is a mix of warm earthy colors, dull yellows and reddish browns. It's not at all like the cold, sterile, functional, but overall institutional hospitals of your world. This one looks as if it might not have all the latest technology, but there's an air of welcoming and deep care.

You walk through the double doors of the hospital into the main waiting room where you see several ponies on couches waiting for treatment. From behind a large desk, a white pony with pink hair in a little bun wearing an old style nurses hat looks at you as you enter, still a little wobbly with each step.

"How can I help you today?" she asks as you and the other ponies approach the desk.

"Well, our friend here fell out of the sky and can't remember his name," Twilight says as she looks between you and the nurse.

"Fell out of the sky? How'd that happen? Never mind! Nurse Sweetheart, get this pony to the emergency room stat and page the doctor."

"Yes, Nurse Redheart, right away. Please, right this way sir," a dusty blue pony that seems to have walked up while you weren't paying attention says as she motions for you to follow.

"I'll need you to fill out these forms," you hear Nurse Redheart say to the other ponies and then with some exasperation, "Fell out of the sky? Tell me the truth, Dash, did you drop him while trying to do some sort of trick flying?"

"I wouldn't drop anyone and no that's not what happened!"

Nurse Sweetheart notices you looking back at your new friends and smiles.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Redheart won't give them too much trouble. She's just a stickler for rules and regulations."

"Oh, okay," you say as you resume following her.

She leads you to a bed in a room with three other beds and curtains that can be drawn between them. In a lot of ways, it's just like the human hospitals you're used to, though you weren't really expecting furniture in a world full of talking ponies.

"Then again, what should I expect in a world full of talking ponies?" you think to yourself as you climb up on the bed.

At first, you try to lay as you think a horse would, tucking your legs under your body, but Nurse Sweetheart gives you an odd look and says, "if you just lie back now, the doctor will be here in just a moment."

It takes you a couple tries, but you realize that laying back against the pillow actually feels far more comfortable than tucking your legs under your body. It seems that these pony bodies are not quite what you're used to back home.

You notice that the Nurse seems to be holding a clipboard with one hoof and writing with a pen that she has in her mouth.

"How are you doing that?"

"Hm?" she asks as she tucks the pen into the top of the clipboard, "How am I doing what?"

"How are you holding a clipboard?"

"With my hoof. How else would I hold it?" she says as a concerned frown spreads across her face, "You must have hit your head pretty hard. I'll be right back with the doctor."

She tucks the clipboard onto the end of your bed and quickly leaves the room in search of the doctor. Left alone, you start to look around the emergency room and find it uncanny how many of the things look like medical instruments from your own world. There are tongue depressors in a large jar, a stethoscope set hanging on the wall, a large container of cotton balls, all the things that you'd expect in a human hospital.

A light-caramel-brown pony wearing a white lab coat over a shirt and tie with dark brown mane in a tall pomp walks into the room followed closely by Nurse Sweetheart and smiles at you reassuringly.

"Hello there, I'm Doctor Stable. I hear you had a fairly nasty fall earlier."

"Uh, yeah, it seems that way," you say.

"And you're having trouble remembering your name? Is that correct?"

"Yes."

"Is there anything else you're having trouble remembering? Can you recall where you live? The names of your family? Friends?"

"I, uh," you realize that while you can remember birthday parties, going to school, your job, and so many other details, that the names of your family, your friends, all of it has vanished, "I... can't remember..."

"Hm," the doctor says thoughtfully as he pulls out a small light and shines it into each of your eyes in turn then pulls a pen from his shirt pocket and waves it slowly back and forth, "Please follow the pen with your eyes, but keep your head still. Hm. It doesn't look like you have a concussion. You can't remember anything about where you're from or how you managed to fall from the sky?"

"I... well..."

Choose your pony adventure:
[[Tell Doctor Stable that you're from another world and fell through a floating tunnel]]
[[Tell Doctor Stable that you don't remember anything]]