• Published 7th Mar 2012
  • 3,198 Views, 20 Comments

Derpy`s full potential - pvtread



This is a story about Derpy finaly getting something she has always wanted and how it happens

  • ...
14
 20
 3,198

Derpy's eyes, the Bubble Blast, and the Wonder Bolts

As in any case where the town was fully involved Pinkie Pie lead the way. Derpy who was in total shock at this sudden crowding of almost every pony in town tried to squeak some words together, but couldn’t. It was Dash who finally told her what was happening. “I saw how you felt after the bullies picked on you Derpy, and I know you put on a brave face, but I know how you feel on the inside; how it often makes you cry.” Derpy looked at Dash in shock, and asked her if she really did. Dash looked at her friend; “yup; believe it or not, I sometimes cry; as does every pony.” Derpy simply replied; “but I thought you were too brave to cry.” Dash started to say something when Twilight stepped in. “Every pony cries Derpy; it’s not a sign of weakness, it’s an emotion we all feel sometimes” Derpy wiped a tear with her hoof; she was about to say something, when she was interrupted by Dash.


“HEY DERPY!” Dash yelled quite a bit, and Derpy was used to it she simply looked at her; “Yes dash?” The blue Pegasus then spread her wings and prompted Derpy to do the same. “I thought you ponies didn’t want me to fly, due to my being cross-eyed” This time Rarity piped in saying; “darling we just don’t want you to fly around Ponyville, due to the fact that well.. you are a bit..." before she could finish Fluttershy chimed in. “It’s not that we don’t like you flying; it’s just that you kind of make messes. It’s not a big deal and we aren’t mad at you, please don’t think were mad at you.” With that Fluttershy said no more.


“WELL ARE WE GOING TO FLY OR NO!?” Dash asked. Derpy gathered whatever strength she had and spread her wings. The two Pegasi took off into the sky. Dash in typical Dash fashion was already showing off doing barrel rolls, and flips. Derpy on the other hand was a bit nervous. Dash saw this and encouraged her friend to do some tricks. In no time they had a captivated audience; looping spinning, barrel rolling, they both put on quite a show. Little did Derpy realize that her eyes had started to straighten out, and were slowly uncrossing. she was way too busy enjoying the feeling of free flight to notice this.


Dash told her that they were going to give the ponies the greatest ending to any show they had ever seen; and encouraged Derpy to follow her. The two of them started climbing straight up into the sky. When they both reached a certain altitude; both started a free dive for the ground below. By the time she had reached maximum velocity, Dash was already in the first stages of a Sonic Rain Boom. Derpy having never done this, felt odd but safe with Dash in the air with her so she too just dove.


At terminal velocity Dash’s Sonic Rain Boom was an easy thing for her to do now; so in show form she told Derpy to hit her terminal velocity. When the grey Pegasus hit terminal velocity something amazing happened. There was a sonic boom; followed by millions of bubbles suddenly floating across the sky. Derpy still in free-fall along with Dash wasn’t able to see this until they both slowed enough to actually be able to maneuver their bodies to a good position for Dash to admire her Sonic Rain Boom. When the blue Pegasus turned around to see her Sonic Rain Boom her mouth dropped in shock and disbelief. Not only was there an endless rainbow stretching across the sky; but bubbles. Millions upon millions of bubbles; they floated lazily through the air mixing with the Sonic Rain Boom and catching light that filtered through them, creating one of the most amazing sights any pony to that date, young or old had ever seen. Every pony stood in complete awe and wonder at the sight; Derpy looked at Dash “di... did I just do that?” Fluttershy was ecstatic; actually screaming at the top of her lungs. “A BUBBLE BLAST... A BUBBLE BLAST!!” Derpy just looked as shocked as any pony else.


Twilight broke the silence; “never in my life... I mean ever did I think I’d ever see one of those. Of course; I did say the same about a Sonic Rain Boom, having friends, and believing in Pinkie’s twitchy tail; but wow Derpy” With that every pony came over to admire the grey Pegasus's work in the sky; even Rainbow was at a loss for words.


Seeing that something big had just happened in Ponyville; the Wonder Bolts who were in Canterlot for a show immediately flew to the town, through an endless canopy of bubbles. Knowing what had just happened; and who it was that had done it Spitfire had two outfits in her hooves. The Wonder Bolts landed in the field where the celebrating had already begun, thanks to Pinkie and her party cannon; which she had quickly run to get amongst all the confusion, and had shot off upon getting back to the field to the surprise of many.


The Wonder Bolts sauntered over to where the two friends were finally getting over the shock of what had just happened; when a strange thing occurred. Derpy in all the excitement of flying with Dash hadn’t realized her eyes were going uncrossed. It wasn’t until they landed and caught their breath that Derpy noticed this; “I... I can see.... I CAN SEE!!” She said with great delight. At that every pony came over to look at her; and sure enough her eyes were uncrossed.


It was Spitfire who suddenly broke all the confusion. “Hey Derpy that was obviously quite a show huh?” Derpy feeling a bit shy, responded to the yellow Pegasus; “uuuhhmm yea; I guess you could say that” she said blushing a bit; finally able to grasp what all had just happened. It was Soarin who spoke up next; of course not to Dash, Derpy, or any other pony.


He sauntered up to Applejack and asked; “hey uhhm AJ you got any apple pie?” What could he say; since he had her pie at the gala he would always stop by when in Canterlot or around Ponyville to buy one. Applejack just told him; “now you just hold on a minuet there Soarin; yeh I got some pie but aint you going to say anything about what just happened here?” Soarin looked up into the sky and his jaw just dropped. They had flown through what looked like a canopy of rainbow with sunlight shining through millions of bubbles; creating the effect that the very sky and ground were one gigantic rainbow. Soarin looked at Dash; who in her typical way was bragging, but not about her Sonic Rain Boom this time; but the Bubble Blast. She was busy telling every pony that she had been the one to coax Derpy into flying and putting on a show for them. Derpy was going to say something but thought to herself; eh its typical Dash.


After sitting in utter shock and staring into the sky for what seemed like forever; Soarin trotted over to Dash and Derpy along with Spitfire and the rest of the bolts. In her hooves Spitfire held out two Wonder Bolt outfits, one for Dash; the other for Derpy. In the heat of the moment Derpy and Dash both grabbed them and started talking incoherently amongst each other; until in a brief bout of consciousness Derpy spoke up. She gave the uniform back to Spitfire who had a confused look on her face; when Derpy spoke. “I don’t know what to say to all of you; thank you doesn’t seem near enough, but I must decline your invitation to join you guys. As all of Ponyville knows I have a daughter.” Dinky along with all the other school foals by then had already made their way to the field; since Dash had been planning this for about a week, so every pony knew about this all happening.


Dinky ran over to her mom and gave her a big hug, and said; “mom it’s the Wonder Bolts... the Wonder Bolts mom!.” Derpy looked down at Dinky and kissed her. “I know who they are silly filly; but if I go off and join them then who would take care of you?” Pinkie chimed in; “IL DO IT!” Every pony looked at her and chuckled. Mrs. Cake simply said to her; “you’re a great babysitter Pinkie; but Dinky is a school filly; and yes even though the Cake twins are a hoof full, I think you would have your hooves full with both of them plus having to make sure Dinky got to anywhere she needed to go; and taking care of your responsibilities at the bakery.” With that Pinkie simply said; “oh yea... I forgot about the whole responsibility thing, and the time I babysat the first time thinking it was all going to be fun and games.” She said no more; but went and started talking to other ponies.


Derpy hadn’t gotten to say anything before being interrupted by Pinkie, and was finally able to say; “Besides; whom around here knows all the shortcuts around Ponyville to get to places fast when delivering mail?” Every pony muttered to themselves “oh..oh yea you're right; we never thought about that” along with other mutterings. The post stallion general spoke up and said; “Besides I enjoy the muffins you bring into work” he said eating one. Spitfire looked around at every pony then back to Derpy; and handed her the uniform. “You’ll always be a Wonder Bolt to us; I mean heck you made a Bubble Blast, no pony in Equestria can do that, just like the Sonic Rain Boom it’s a special gift; and we would be honored to have you as an honorary Wonder Bolt.” Derpy took the outfit and quickly put it on to the cheers of every pony.