• Published 9th Nov 2013
  • 5,686 Views, 133 Comments

Pony Art Online - Kaliann25



Sword Art Online/MLP Crossover. Gamers Asuna and Kirito connect to a new game called Legends of Equestria, but is it only a game or something else?

  • ...
33
 133
 5,686

The ultimate sacrifice

Suguha Kirigaya woke up startled.

“No… NO!!” she screamed taking off the AtmuSphere and running to her brother’s room.

There he was, completely inert with the NerveGear. She started to cry on his chest.

“Onii-chan… why? This have to be a bad joke… Kami-Sama, please make them wake up. This can’t be happening!!!”

“Sugu?” she heard her mother’s voice. “Sugu, is almost dinner time, do you know how long your brother will be playing that game?”

“I don’t know… probably forever…”

“Sugu, what’s wrong? Something happened?” asked the woman starting to worry.

Suguha hugged her mother and started to cry again. Without understand what was going on, her mother decided to make some tea to calm her daughter. After Suguha recovered a little, she finally spoke.

“Something happened again into the damn game; just like that time, Kazuto and Asuna are trapped. Only I could save because of the security system of the AtmuSpfhere but Asuna and Kazuto… Asuna and Kazuto…

She started to cry again. Miss Kirigaya didn’t know how to react, but she hugged her daughter again waiting for she finish her crying and have a better explanation. Perhaps she could ask Kazuto when he log-off. But then something strange happened: a strange light came from nowhere taking the form of strange figures. Suguha cleaned her tears when she recognized the figures.

“What are we doing here?” asked Kirito recognizing his living room.

Princess Celestia sighed with sadness. “I’m terribly sorry young ones, but because of my sister’s dark side you are trapped into our world; and because I’m not able to undo the spell, this is the least I can do. Give you some time with your families” then, she turned to Miss Kirigaya. “Is a pleasure to meet you, I’m Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria. I would prefer we met in better circumstances but still, I’ll do everything in my power to bring your son back from my world”

Miss Kirigaya didn’t know what to do or say, but Suguha calmed her.

“It’s okay mom, they’re friends. Friends we met in the world of Equestria”

“I don’t understand… I thought you were just playing another of your MMO RPGs. What happening¡”

“Is a long story” said Twilight sighing. “But we’ll tell you, is the least we can do in our current situation. Besides, Trixie mentioned this is not the first time you’re trapped into a game of death; so why don’t you start, Kirito?”

Kirito was doing his best to avoid eye contact with his mother, who was staring this strange pony version of him; but at the end he had to. After exchange a sad look with his mom, he started to tell:

“It started three years ago, when the most expected game for the NerveGear finally came; the infamous Sword Art Online. Ten thousand gamers bought it thinking in have the experience of our lives… and unfortunately we had it. Akihiko Kayaba, the programmer, wanted to create a true reality; not a virtual one, so he disabled the log-out option. Besides, he programmed the equipment so well than; if you die inside the game; you will die for real”

“Those were the scariest days of my life” added Silica sadly. “The only way to get out of the game was completing it; but most of the players surrender since the first days; they were like me, waiting for some hero who complete the game for all of us. In that time, our last hope were the guild known as The Knights of Blood and a Solo Player called Kirito the Black Swordsman”

“Kayaba created me as a psychological support program” said Yui, “but he disabled me at the last moment. I was created to prevent than the players kill themselves because of the desperation; but since I was disabled, a lot of them committed suicide. I had to see how those lives ended knowing I could prevent it to happen. It was horrible. But then, I saw two players who were happy with their new lives, trying to save all the others from that death trap so I appeared to them”

“And she became our daughter from that day” said Asuna. “But because she disobeyed a direct command from the operative system, it tried to delete her; so Kirito hacked the main computer and saved Yui into his NerveGear internal memory”

Trixie smiled and hugged her new friends. “Even more important: they saved them all. The one who defeated Kayaba completing the game was Kirito. So you see it? If you want to defeat Nightmare Moon and Kayaba, is necessary to work with them. Is the Great and Powerful Trixie right?”

Silence.

“Just what Trixie thought”

“Just one question” said Celestia. “What happened with Kayaba in the real world?

“His body died but he transferred his conscience to the internet” said Kirito. “I guess that he was wandering on the web when Nightmare found him and offered to explore how far he can go combining reality with his programing”

Twilight stepped hard in frustration. “What was he thinking teaming with Nightmare Moon?”

Luna seemed to be calmed. “Well, I guess this Kayaba is only interest in his invention; that’s why he agreed to work with my dark self. Now the question is why did she need you into our world”

Trixie rolled her eyes. “You don’t have to be a genius to figure it out: they have being making huge scandals since they arrived to Equestria, so you were concentrated in the warriors and didn’t notice the dark was moving. And that day she stole the Elements, the first suspects were the visitors. And now we’re here trying to compensate what happened bringing them to their families. In one word: distraction”

“Distraction” repeated Celestia. “How could I be so blind? You’re right Trixie Lulamon”

Trixie nodded proud of herself; but then, Celestia spoke again. “Very well, now is our turn to make our move. Kirito the Black Swordsman, Asuna the Flash… no, I mean, Asuna Yuuki and Kazuto Kirigaya; I have to ask for your help. I know you’re in a very dangerous position fighting against my sister; but still we’ll need your assistance if we want to defeat Akihiko Kayaba. Tomorrow morning my sister will came for you and bring you back to Equestria; but in the meantime spend all the time you can with your families. Once again I truly sorry”

Kazuto’s mother let scape a small tear. Celestia sighed and made all the ponies disappear; leaving Asuna, Kirito and Yui.

“Asuna, you shouldn’t be with your family right now?” asked Suguga.

The girl shook her head. “No, my parents are overseas; but before arriving here we made a small stop to let them the message. Besides this is the perfect chance for Yui to meet her grandmother”

The small filly walked to her grandmother and made a bow. Miss Kirigaya hugged Yui and started to cry. Everything was happening too fast, but she had to keep strong. After a few but long minutes, they started their dinner.

Kirito grumped.

“Brother?” asked Suguha.

“I got enough” said the Black Swordsman. “I just can’t stay here and let Nightmare Moon and Kayaba do as they want; but I can’t do anything because of the GM powers. I’ve being thinking and there’s only one way to get rid of that”

“What are you thinking?” asked Suguha starting to worry.

Kirito took a deep breath; he knew his family won’t like what he was about to say. “Nightmare Moon brought Yui to life; real life, so I guess she can turn everything virtual into something real without much effort. And if it’s true she’s a part of Princess Luna…”

His mother and Suguha’s expression was pure horror. “Don’t tell me you’re thinking in…”

Asuna walked to him angrily. “What is wrong with you? Not only that’s really stupid but also you know Princess Celestia won’t let you do such thing”

“I know, that’s why I’m asking Luna. And I now is dangerous, that’s why I’m doing this alone”

Asuna kissed him to shut his mouth.

“You’re an idiot and I know you are not listening to reason” she said. “That’s why I’ll do it with you. We’re going to completely pass to the other world and defeat Nightmare Moon. Together”

“Please stop!” cried Suguha. “Think in everything you two are gonna leave behind!”

“I know” said Kirito. “But you can visit us with the AtmuSphere and we can ask the Princess to bring us here from time to time. Please understand, this is the only solution”

Miss Kirigaya just give his son a sad smile. “Is already decided, isn’t it, Kazuto? Very well, I know you and I know you are not going to change your mind and I accept it. So let’s open a bottle I have for special occasion and let’s make a good bye party”

Kirito smiled too and nodded. That night was the last he and Asuna will spend in that world so they better enjoy it.

At the next morning, the family woke up really late. Kirito sighed seeing his body still connected to the NerveGear; but he already made his decision and there wasn’t time to regret. By her way, Suguha disconnected the AtmuSphere so when the internal battery was empty, she could return to her home safely.

A purple light invaded the room; Princess Luna just arrived.

“Princess!” greeted Kirito. “I’m glad you’re here. I have something important to ask you…”

Luna nodded and listened. When the Black Swordsman finished to tell her, she was completely horrified.

“Are you mad?” she asked shacking. “Do you know how horrible is that you’re asking me? Please Black Swordsman, change your mind. There’s no way I help you with such project”

“You have to” said Kirito. “Please Princess, if we don’t do something, your dark side will kill us. I know is stupid and all but I see no other way!”

Luna was still shocked but at the end she nodded. “Are you sure is that what the two of you really want?”

Asuna and Kirito nodded.

“I decided at the moment Yui told us she became real; that’s the only way I can be with my daughter”

Luna was still horrified but still she surrounded Yui with her magic looking for the trail of the spell than made her real. When she found it, she surrounded Kirito and Asuna.

“Are you sure? There’s no way back after this”

Again, they nodded.

“Very well, took every item you have and place it on the floor. Once I made you real, you wouldn’t be capable to open your virtual inventory”

They obeyed and then, Luna did the spell. The both of them felt how all the sensations became much more realistic. Kazuto’s body shook violently and a red light appeared on the NerveGear.

Kirito let scape a tear when he understood what happened. Kazuto Kirigaya and Asuna Yuuki were dead; from that moment, they were Kirito the Black Swordsman and Asuna the Flash for the rest of their lives.

“Equestria will never forget your sacrifice” said Luna sadly.

“Like you said, there’s no way back” said Kirito.

“But now we have the capability to defeat the Nightmare”

Kayaba raised an eyebrow.

“What?” wanted to know Nightmare Moon.

“I don’t know, the console sent information I don’t fully understand. All I can tell you is than Kirito and Asuna made their move”

“I understand. Well, just concentrate and we’ll get our victory, Kayaba”