• Published 9th Nov 2013
  • 2,394 Views, 34 Comments

"She's not the Twilight that we know! It's a different Twilight, I think." - RainbowJack2000



After the events at the Fall Formal, a new student pops up: someone everyone recognizes from before. But the thing is: does she know them?

  • ...
18
 34
 2,394

You're kidding, right?

It was the month of November, where all was quiet outside of Canterlot High, home of the Wondercolts. Still, even before classes had begun, students were buzzing about the events that took place during the Fall Formal two weeks ago. It was strange, really. Who would have known that the new girl, who really never attended the school, was a pony? It wasn't normal, especially due to the fact that 5 other girls along with her turned into anthro-ponies. Who knew?

However, those five girls were just as curious as everyone else. These questions lay in their minds: How did Sunset Shimmer know Twilight was a princess? Why go through all that trouble stealing the crown and back to the human world, when she could have just put it on her head in Equestria? Why in the world would Sunset Shimmer drive 5 girls' friendships apart? Of course, they remained unanswered to this day.

Then something so peculiar happened.

Correction: It wasn't something, more like someone.

A new girl stood outside the school, wearing a blue blouse with a violet necktie and a purple skirt with a pink star on it. She wore knee-high purple boots and what appeared to be either pink knee-high socks or legwarmers. Her hair was two dark shades of violet, with a pink streak that complimented her hair. She also had purple eyes. Standing next to her was her father, holding her schedule in one hand, and her dog's leash (with the dog, Spike, of course) in the other. Spike whimpered sadly before the girl rubbed the back of his ear.

"Don't worry, Spike. It's only 6 hours I'll be here. I promise I'll be back home soon. I swear." she said reassuringly.

"Here you go, honey. Your schedule has your classes on here. Make sure you follow it correctly." her dad, Nightlight, said.

"Thanks, daddy. Don't worry about me though. I'll be fine. Maybe this is the school that didn't make that video of me for some 'Fall Formal Princess' thing." she sighed.

Nightlight kissed her forehead and hugged her, "I hope so, too. Goodbye, sweetheart."

"Bye, daddy. Bye Spike."

*Woof!*

The girl took a deep breath and walked up the stairs, very slowly. She gave her dad and the dog one last look and wave, before she entered the school. Sure enough, everyone was walking in the halls, greeting each other and walking to homeroom.

That is, until they saw who walked through the door.

The students froze in shock as the new girl walked through the building, oblivious to her surroundings and everyone staring at her. She thought it was a normal thing when someone new walks through the door, so she kept on walking. She stopped at the front door of Principal Celestia's office, knocking on the door as she did so. It opened a bit, then halfway, then fully. Principal Celestia looked at the girl, then her jaw dropped. She quickly closed it and cleared her throat.

"May I help you?" she said, serious.

"Oh, um...just wanted to let you know that I'm new to the school. I believe you spoke with my father about me attending here." the girl replied.

"I see. Well...Twilight Sparkle, welcome to Canterlot High. I hope you enjoy." Principal Celestia smiled.

Someone else walked in from the other office, when she saw Twilight and dropped the two coffees she had in her hands on the floor. Her mouth stayed agape. Twilight looked at her nametag closely, even from a distance.

Vice Principal Luna

Looking at the shocked principal and the paralyzed vice principal, she nodded her head and left the doorway.

What a strange school. It's like they recognized me from somewhere, Twilight thought. She looked at her schedule and checked her homeroom number.

Room 106
Names Letter P-Z
Grade Level: Senior

Twilight looked at the number on the door in front of her: 106. That was quick, she thought.

Opening the door, she found a madhouse inside. Paper airplanes, paper balls, paper mache, everything paper was being thrown across the room. And the best part: no teacher.

Once again, the students stared Twilight who just closed the door. Some gasped, while others fumbled on whether they should say something or not. A girl, on the other hand, didn't fumble, and instead said:

"OMG! IT'S TWILIGHT! SHE CAME BACK FOR US!"

This girl had pink curly hair, blue eyes, and a wide smile. She wore a nametag that said, "HI! I'm Pinkie Pie!" and she ran up to hug the flustered Twilight. Losing her balance, Twilight fell on the ground while the so-called "Pinkie Pie" kept hugging her tightly. Her face was turning a light shade of purple.

"Too...tight...can't...breathe." Twilight gasped.

"Oops, silly me! I'm just sooooooo happy you came back for us!" Pinkie squealed.

"Um, what are you talking about? I don't even-" she was interrupted by another hug from Pinkie.

"Pinkie Pie, darling, that's enough!" someone from the back scolded.

Twilight pushed Pinkie off and picked herself off the ground, brushing off the dirt and dust. Man, the janitor certainly hasn't been doing his job correctly. She scanned the room and spotted the girl who shouted that. She had blue eyes with blue eye-shadow and long, curly eyelashes. She had beautiful purple hair that was curled at the end. She didn't look to happy with Pinkie Pie.

"Awww, Rarity! It's just Twilight! She came back! She really did!"

"Pinkie, I'm not even sure that she's the Twilight we know. Don't you remember? The Twilight from Equ-Equest...from wherever, had versions of us in her world..."

What are those two going on about? Twilight thought.

"...so, this is her version from our world, got it?" Rarity finished.

*sigh* "I guess you're right, Rares. What do you think, Dashie?"

The girl sitting next to Rarity was quite the opposite of her. She had spectrum colors for hair (looks like she hadn't combed it for weeks) and had magenta eyes. She raised an eyebrow and looked at Pinkie.

"It's not that Twilight, Pinkie." she said.

"Um...not to be rude or anything, but what are you three talking about?" Twilight finally about.

"Correction: four, actually." emerged another voice from the back.

This girl had blue eyes and red and yellow hair that was curled in some type of style. Twilight recognized her voice from somewhere, but couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"We'd tell you, but homeroom is going to start. If you'd like, we'll tell you at lunch." she said.

As if on cue, the homeroom teacher walked through the door. She took one good look at Twilight and facepalmed.

"Ugh, you again! I'd advise you to take a seat, Miss 'I-don't-know-how-to-use-a-computer'."

"What are you...?" Twilight said.

"I'm Miss. Cheerilee, your homeroom teacher. Please find a seat so that I may take attendance...what is this mess? Clean it up, one of you!"

Pinkie whispered to Rarity, "Miss. Cheerile seems awfully cranky-doodley today. What's her problem?"

"Pinkie, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" Miss. Cheerilee asked.

"No thanks, I'm good!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"You're kidding, right? What did you tell Rarity?"

"I just wanted to know why you're so saddy-waddy today. It's not like you!"

"Just...*sigh*, nevermind."

There is definitely something wrong about this school, Twilight thought, I don't know how long I'm going to last here. It's going to be a very long school year.

Author's Note:

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not going to describe the 5/6 from the Mane 6. It takes too long to explain and most of you already saw the movie, so you should know how they look like. No, this is not an AppleDash fic (thank Celestia), so just enjoy it.