• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 3,225 Views, 158 Comments

An Earthbound Honeymoon - drnkntst



After Rick marries his four loves, they all get to go on a honeymoon nopony will ever forget.

  • ...
75
 158
 3,225

A Day in the Park

Chapter 9

The following day, Rick woke up later and more sore than usual. He lazily rolled out of the large bed and limped into the shower. He was not surprised to find Rarity still in the bathroom fixing her hair and make-up.

“Oh, good morning, Dear, and how are you doing?” She looked away from the mirror to look at him, “oh my, you look awful. You should talk to Twilight about those muscle aches.”

“Says one of the ones most responsible for them,” He smirked at her and smacked her bottom before he climbed into the shower, ready for the warm water to loosen his body up again. It worked, though he did have to actively shoo Applejack away a couple times. Any other day, he would have happily shared a shower with her, but today, it was too much to handle.

After his shower, Rick came down to the kitchen. Fluttershy was cooking eggs and toast for him. She had remembered to wear an apron, thought she forgot to wear anything under it. Twilight was watching TV with Rarity, Rick had restricted their viewing options to only cartoons, family and educational shows, he thought they didn’t need to watch anything too violent or asinine. In other words, no shows about pregnant teenagers, cops who don’t play by the rules or women parading their kids around in pageants. Applejack, however, was sticking closely to him. It was starting to get alarming.

“Um, Twilight, you guys are past your spring heat, right?”

“Yes, why do you ask?”

Rick gently shift AJ off his arm so he could enjoy his breakfast, “just making sure.”

“What? Can’t Ah just enjoy meh time with ya?” Applejack nuzzled him and surprised him by gently nibbling his neck a little bit.

“Of course you can, Sweetie, it’s just that this is who you normally act during estrus.

“Um, Rick?” Fluttershy was so quiet that it was almost like she was trying to get his attention without disturbing him.

“Yes?”

“I think I need some help.”

Rick got up from the table and approached his timid wife, “is everything alright?”

“I… I don’t know.” Now he was getting nervous. “I think I might be injured, but I can’t find any wound.”

“Are you bleeding?” she nodded yes, “does it hurt?” she shook her head no. “You’d better let me see.” She froze and looked deeply into his eyes as her face slowly turned crimson. It took only a moment for Rick to figure it out. “It’s from your, um, mare parts isn’t it?” She grimaced and squeezed her eyes shut and nodded slowly. Rick wrapped her up in a hug, “everything will be fine, but we will need to get the pharmacy. You appear to be at the end of your menstrual cycle.”

“What?” Twilight asked from the couch.

“Well, human menstrual cycles run for about twenty-eight days, which is one reason there are so many of us. At the end of those twenty-eight days, a woman will bleed for a few days. But not to worry, there is medication and… other things to help.” Rick thought for a moment while about this revelation. “This might also explain Applejack’s eagerness. Her body is telling her it’s ready, which a human normally wouldn’t be able to feel, but her pony instincts can and are instructing her to act.”

“So, what you’re saying is… Applejack is…” Rarity was trying to find the words.

“Ready to be impregnated? Yes. It should pass in a couple days. Until then, we’ll just have to be careful. Again, we have things to help with that too. Like I said, we just need to get to the pharmacy. After that, we’ll go out and see the sights. We’ll keep it light though, I’m still a little sore and Fluttershy doesn’t need any strenuous activities right now.”

“So, I’m going to be alright?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“I believe so, Honey,” he rubbed the top of her head and left his hand on her face, she nuzzled into it as she held it in place. “Remember, we were all changed into humans, so it would only make sense that that would include our insides as well as our outward appearance.”

“Wait, are we all going to go through this?” Twilight asked with a little concern poorly hidden in her voice.

Rick turned to look back at her as he placed his hand on the door handle, “to be perfectly honest, there’s a strong possibility.” He opened the door, “just remember that I’ll be here for each of you if and when the time comes.”

*****

It didn’t take too long for Rick to reach the pharmacy and return with everything he needed. Feminine and masculine products as well as several hygiene items and a digital camera for each of them. He also managed to get a few cases of that sweet nectar of the gods, beer.

After an embarrassing instructional session with Fluttershy and a quick-ish one-on-one with Applejack to get her calmed and level, it was time to head out. If Rick’s limp was any indication, there was going to be very, VERY little walking done today.

The first stop was the museum near the small town they went to for breakfast the day before. The museum displayed taxidermied animals that were native to the park as well as a short film about the park and its origin. It took quite bit of soothing and fibbing to convince Fluttershy that the animals were simply nothing more than full sized teddy bears. It also took quite a bit of convincing to prevent Twilight from buying all the nature and history books and field guide in the building. She was forced to settle for only five books. Fluttershy had gotten one on the animals and treated it like a treasure, Applejack got a recipe book filled with old fashioned Appalachian dessert dishes, Rarity got nothing and Rick purchased a nice, sturdy hiking stick that he could lean on.

After that, they headed for the Cove. An eleven mile loop road in a small valley that at one time housed dozens of families, farms, churches and a water powered mill. The Cove was now home only to dozens of different species of wild animals, old homesteads and empty fields.

On the way, they made a few stops. First of which was a waterfall, not a particularly tall or even that wide. It was, however, beautiful. The roaring, white water cascading over the huge granite boulders had always been a favorite spot for Rick and Annie. He always thought it showed both the beauty and destructive power of nature. He also thought this would be a good opportunity for the girls to learn to use their cameras, and they did too. They had cameras in Equestria, so the only thing they had to really learn was the controls and buttons.

After a few hundred photos of the waterfall, they only stopped at a few times at different overlooks. All the while, Applejack kept trying to lean against him. It got to be so distracting that she had to be restricted to the back seat to prevent Rick from driving off the side of a mountain. It would be kind of a bad thing of four out of six of the Elements of Harmony died in a fiery car crash.

When they finally reached the Cove, it was a little later in the afternoon. There was still plenty daylight left though, so they would be able to take their time and enjoy it.

Rick stopped at the mouth of the Cove, there was a parking lot there and from its elevated position, it gave a fantastic view.

“So all this was farmland?” Applejack asked.

“Not only was it all farmland, but there was a whole bustling community of over a hundred families here.” He indicated the mountains that encompassed the valley, “my understanding is that all this is new growth because it had been clear cut for the timber and grazing land. The mountains weren’t any good for farming, so they had to use it for something.”

“Still, to cut down such beautiful forest seems to be a crime against nature and beauty,” Rarity commented with a very noticeable level of disgust.

“Well, I would have to agree with you there, but it was necessary.” Rick defended.

“How so?” Twilight asked.

“Around the time this place was clear-cut, the country was expanding, fast. You see, there was a huge war that literally divided the country. The nation needed to be rebuilt and the trees here grew straight, tall and strong. Perfect for what was needed.” Rick turned to start walking back to the truck, “now enough about how it appeared in the past, let’s enjoy how it looks in the now.” And that’s what they did.

As luck would have it, at that very moment, it seems it was time to let the horses out after their long day of walking through the woods with fat tourists on their backs. While Hanna and Annie always loved it when the horses were let out. The girls didn’t seem to be nearly as impressed or amused. Even when one or two of them started to roll around on their backs in the grass, relieved to be rid of their saddles and heavy humans. At least he got a chuckle out of it.

It was amusing to see all animals watching as they drove by. For some reason, they seemed to be watching their truck more than any of the other vehicles on the road. Rick couldn’t tell if it was simply the smell of the lunch they had brought along or if the wildlife somehow knew what they really were.

There was a bit of a hiccup with their enjoyment of the beauty of nature, the Cove is peppered with cemeteries. That alone wouldn’t have been too bad, if it weren’t for the fact that life in the mountains in the early twentieth century and prior was a lot tougher than life in Ponyville.

“I understand, it’s… it’s just so sad,” Rarity said as she knelt by a child’s gravestone. The poor thing didn’t even make it to its first birthday.

“It is, I know, it’s a tragedy,” Rick held Fluttershy tighter to his chest, felling every single hitch in her breathing, “believe me, I know.” The last part was whispered under his breath.

“Why are there lambs curled up on top of all the children’s graves?” asked the ever studious student.

“I always thought they were supposed to represent the child’s innocence.” He stopped to think a little, “of course, they could be a religious thing. I mean, this is a churchyard.”

The girls looked up at the white steeple towering over them. Rick had told them earlier that the building was a place of worship and that religion was far too big a subject to broach. Instead, he felt it was best to associate the whole thing to something, or somepony, they were familiar with. In this case, he chose Celestia. Made perfect sense to him.

After the churchyard, they moved on to the mill area. Among the displays, the bookstore and the blacksmith shop, this was the only place in the Cove that had bathrooms. It was also a spot that always brought peace to Rick’s mind. Besides, they needed to walk about and stretch their legs. Once again, they seemed to be unimpressed. They were even less impressed when Rick tried to convince them that a ‘smokehouse’ was an early version of a spa’s sauna. To Rick, this was all history, to the girls, this was all stuff they had at home and saw every day.

Rick decided that sense they were enjoying the scenery more than the structures, it was probably a good time for the picnic anyway. It was almost time for sundown and one of the best sights in fifty miles.

“C’mon ladies, I’m getting hungry. Let’s go find a nice field and enjoy our picnic.”

They managed to find a nice, semi-secluded hillside that wasn’t too steep and had an excellent view of the sunset. They set out the blanket, then the plates, the food and the small cooler. Then, they all sat down to enjoy the show.

“I still can’t believe it,” Twilight said.

“What?” Rick asked with his head laid in Rarity’s lap.

“That the sun isn’t controlled by anyone.”

“Hmm, now you know how weird it was when I found out about Celestia.” He smirked to himself as he adjusted his head while Rarity ran her fingers threw his hair. The whole scene reminded him of his first honeymoon and the fact that he was here again, in this place, surrounded by so much love and warmth, it was heaven on Earth.

At least, it was… until… the booming.

“What in tarnation is that awful racket?” AJ asked while looking for the source of the offending sound while all the deer and birds that had been gathering around Fluttershy ran for cover.

“A car stereo,” Rick sneered as he looked over at the road as a little supped up, metallic blue, hatch-back drove by. He had never been so tempted to lash out at any thing so much before, especially since it was possible for him to rip the car in half with a thought. “Some assholes like to make peacocks of themselves.”

“Peacocks, Darling?”

Rick looked up into Rarity’s face and smiled as he closed his eyes and got comfortable again. “Yep, they need to draw as much attention to themselves as possible. That’s why they have the loud music and noisy engine.”

“That’s why they had those tacky flames painted on their vehicle?” Rarity was rewarded with a nod from her husband. “I almost pity those, what did you call them, assholes?”

Rick chuckled and nodded again, “that’s right, assholes.”

They sat in peace while the sun finally disappeared and the sky started to fade from orange to pink and ending in purple. Sadly, the Cove closed at dark and they had to go.

*****

Rick sat in the Jacuzzi nursing his sore muscles and aching bones. Applejack had virtually attacked him as soon as they got back and, if it weren’t for the beer he was nursing, number three by the way, he’d be in far worse shape than he was now. Twilight and Rarity were inside, watching Television and going through their pictures.

For now, he was enjoying the view and the quiet of the night. Thanks to a gentle breeze, there were no insects to bother him. He leaned his head back and rested it on the side of the Jacuzzi. He pretended not to hear the door open, or the feel the water rise, he even managed to pretend to not notice the feel of smooth flesh as someone slid into his lap. He did enjoy the yelp that gave away Fluttershy when he snagged her in his arms while she was leaning over to look at his face.

“And just what was so important that you had to disrupt my peace and quiet and beer?” he asked with a sly, knowing smile. It’s kind of hard not to know what a woman wants when she climbs into a man’s lap while naked.

She simply smiled and held up a square, plastic item. Said item had a raised circular impression in the center.

“Oh, alright.”