• Published 15th Nov 2013
  • 3,225 Views, 158 Comments

An Earthbound Honeymoon - drnkntst



After Rick marries his four loves, they all get to go on a honeymoon nopony will ever forget.

  • ...
75
 158
 3,225

Enjoying the Company

Chapter 17

Rick wasn’t as sore as he was the day before, but he was still limping a bit. The delayed gratification technique he used on her while they were watching television had driven her near enough the edge that he only had to nudge her over it. She was sleeping soundly with a huge, satisfied smile on her face. Rick leaned over her and gently kissed her forehead, then he pulled the covers over her bare chest, up to her neck. Twilight grabbed the covers, pulled them tight, and moaned happily in her sleep while she fidgeted a little bit.

After a quick shower, he put on his boxers and went downstairs. Applejack and Rarity were still sleeping on the couch, Applejack with her head in Rarity’s lap. Both of them were only wearing their underwear. Fluttershy was in the kitchen cooking breakfast, she was also in her underwear, but she did have on an apron. “How in the worlds did I get so damn lucky?”

He snuck up behind Fluttershy and slid his hands under the apron and around her waist. She jumped and squeaked before she realized just who it was. He kissed her neck and then tucked his chin in against it.

“Mmm… good morning, Babydoll.”

“Good morning to you too. Are you hungry?” Fluttershy asked while she nuzzled the side of his head.

“Ravenous.” Rick lifted his chin just enough to see what was on the stove, “what’re you cooking?”

“Hash browns and eggs with biscuits.”

Rick took a long sniff of the cooked potatoes, “smells good.” He then buried his nose into her neck again and smelled even deeper, “you smell better though.” She did too. The sweet scent of flowers that always seemed to waft off her body was as enticing as it always was.

She blushed and smiled at the compliment. She didn’t know why he was being so… playful today, but she wasn’t complaining. Even when he drew his arms back out from under her apron and squeezed her toosh. She did however squeak again and then giggle. She was enjoying herself and didn’t really want the attention to stop.

“I’m gonna go wake the others and let ‘em know breakfast is almost ready.”

“Okay, but hurry back, oh, um, if you want that is.” The old bashful Fluttershy was shining through.

“Alright, Flutters, I will.” He leaned around her and kissed her cheek. Fluttershy hummed, tilted her head and pressed her face into his kiss. She wanted more.

He walked over to the couch where Applejack and Rarity were sleeping. He smiled to himself, leaned over AJ and kissed Rarity. She started to stir and hum but didn’t resist. In fact, she placed a hand on the back of his head and pulled him in closer.

“Mmm… good morning to you too, Darling.”

“Oh, so you do still love me. I almost thought I had been replaced.” If it weren’t for the small smirk on his face, she would have been concerned.

“Why, what ever are you talking about?” Rick’s only response was to point down at her lap. When Rarity saw Applejack sleeping in her lap, both of them in only their underwear, she blushed heavily, “oh my.”

“Aw, don’t worry about it. Everybody gets lonely every now and then. Better you seek comfort in family than some stranger.”

“That’s NOT what happened and you know it!” Rarity’s face was full red now. Rick, on the other hand, was laughing with a little extra mirthful bass in his tone.

“Unhn, whazzat?” Applejack opened her eyes only to have them filled with pale tummy and dark purple lace. She sat up straight and fast and began turning a few shades of red herself.

Rick seized on the moment and stole another kiss, this time from Applejack. “It’s nothing. I was just telling Rarity that if you two wanted to… spend time together, than it was fine with me.” Applejack stuttered for a few seconds, trying to figure out how to respond to that. Rick eased her suffering with another kiss, “oh, and breakfast is ready.”

His throaty laughter could be heard throughout the cabin as he headed up the stairs to get Twilight. She was still in bed when he got there, though the covers had shifted a little. Rick walked over to her, all the while, enjoying the view. Too bad she had to be woken.

As much as he wanted to simply touch and caress her, he settled for whispering into her ear, “come on, Honey, breakfast is ready.” Twilight didn’t even stir. Rick gently shook her, which caused certain bits to become more entertaining.

Her eyes opened and locked onto his. Twilight smiled and stretched her arms above her head, again, improving an already great view. “Mmm… good morning.”

“And getting better all the time.” Rick smiled as Twilight reached up and hugged him, “now come on, put something on and come downstairs, breakfast is ready.”

“Okay, I’ll be right down.”

“Alright, see there.” Rick patted the spot on the covers that was directly over her hips before he stood from the bed and went down to the kitchen.

After breakfast, Rick washed the dishes while their show played on the television before he sat down and put Twilight on his lap. It made him very glad that Luna had learned to control the volume of her voice. If she hadn’t, his friendship with her would have been a lot less fun. Plus, it was just fun to watch her zap Rainbow Dash with lightning.

“What do you have planned for today?” Twilight asked from his lap, leaning against his chest.

Normally, when he had one of them sitting on his lap, he was off to one end of the couch, but this morning he sat in the middle with his arms wrapped around Applejack and Rarity, Fluttershy was in the shower at the time. Rick seemed to ponder this for a second before he answered.

“I was thinking we could go into the park again. Maybe have another picnic and walk some trails. What do you all think?”

“Ah’m all fer it,” Applejack agreed.

“Me too,” Twilight added.

“Well, I can’t say I’m too excited about the trails, but the picnic sounds lovely,” Rarity semi-concurred.

“Oh, are we going to see the animals again?” Fluttershy asked from the stairs as she came down wearing just her towel.

“Since you’ll be there, I’m sure there’ll be plenty of animals around,” Rick teased playfully. “So, let’s pack a lunch in the cooler and be on our way.”

*****

They had done a couple shorter trails by the time they reached the cove. The cove wasn’t a huge hit when they were there the first time, but there were few places that came close in terms of great picnic spots. The trails they had walked were all paved and easy, Rick didn’t want to make them stress their bodies, get tired or twist an ankle or anything similar.

They went around like they had before. They stopped to see deer frolicking and squirrels running around looking for nuts. There was even a momma bear with two cubs, which, to the horror of the other visitors, Fluttershy managed to approach and pick up a cub. Any normal person attempting this would have to be brought home in a bag or two. She, however, got nothing more than a bit of a snuggle from the cub and even got to pet the momma. The only people not surprised, were the rest of Clan Rhinestone.

Near the end of the loop, there was a road that cut across to the beginning. It was one of two and they were the only roads in the loop that were two-way. The one they were on crossed a river that was about half way up to the axel of the truck and swift. The cold river was beautiful to watch and peaceful to listen to. At one time, it may have been used by dozens of families for cooking, cleaning, and survival, but now it was just another part of the scenery.

They pulled over and found a nice spot downstream, away from the other visitors. The blanket was set, a parasol was put up and drinks were handed out. Rick assumed his position, resting his head on Applejack’s lap and enjoying the warmth of the mid-day sun. While they rested and ate their salads and apples. More deer, rabbits and birds had all shown up to enjoy their company.

Fluttershy chatted with her animal friends while Rarity and Twilight pointed out their favorite peaks of the surrounding mountains. Applejack and Rick discussed farming techniques in this area, past and present. Periodically, Rick would take Applejack’s hand, which was playing with his hair, and kissed it. “I swear, if those assholes show up, I’ll rip them into tiny, bite-sized chunks and feed them to these birds.”

Luckily, the assholes didn’t come by and they were able to enjoy their picnic in peace. After an hour of sitting in bliss with each other, they decided it was time to move on. They packed their stuff up and drove off.

Rick decided it would be fun to take the back road over the mountains. It was a one-way road that was little more than a modernized coach road that wound around the mountain’s slopes and into the watersheds. It was a trip that would scare even some locals.

There was no fear in the truck. Rick had driven this road enough to not be afraid. The girls on the other hand, trusted him enough to have no fear when he was around. They knew he would never do anything to hurt them and he had proven, more than once, that he would give his life to protect them.

At the other end of the road, was a small town, the same town they first arrived in. Along the drive back to the cabin, they stopped at a large store built to look like a barn. This stop was more for Applejack’s sake than anyone else’s, they specialized in apple based products after all. Though they also sold home-made fudge and ‘olde’ fashioned candies. After buying a few pounds of fudge in varying flavors, a jar of candy sticks and another desert cookbook along with a few apple souvenirs for the family back home, they were back on the road.

After a few hours of episodes, six in total, and dinner, they went onto the roof to watch the sunset. The not at all magical orb painted the sky in ways that would make anyone, even if only for a moment, believe in magic. A visible spectrum of light that stretched all the way across sky. And there, like every night, was the first star of the evening.

“Wow, look at that star,” Twilight pointed at it. She was resting her head on Rick’s chest, as was Fluttershy, while Rarity laid between his legs so her head rested on his stomach. Applejack was sitting on a pillow while Rick had his head in her lap. “It’s so bright, it can be seen in the sunlight.”

Rick smiled as they all focused on the star. “That’s my favorite one. Did you know there are more stars in the sky than all the grains of sand on all the beaches in the world? Yet, that one is my favorite.”

Applejack looked down at him, “Why is that one yer favorite, and… how cen ya even tell it apart from thu others?”

“Simple, it’s always the first one out. And it’s my favorite because it’s not really a star.” The girls all looked up at him, except for Applejack who looked down, wanting an explanation. “It’s a planet.”

They all looked up at the planet, “amazing. What’s it called?” Twilight asked.

“Venus. It’s named after the ancient Roman goddess of beauty, sex, love, fertility and prosperity.”

“Sounds positively delightful,” Rarity said.

Rick chuckled a little, causing her head to bounce and him to laugh more. “The atmosphere is almost entirely carbon dioxide and the surface is four times boiling point. Not a place one would want to own a summer home on.” The girls giggled a little at his comment, which made Rick rub the heads of both Twilight and Fluttershy playfully. Then he let his hands fall, purely by chance, onto their breasts. Of course, when he figured this out, he gave them a little squeeze, just to be certain.

“You know,” Twilight looked up at him, while Fluttershy just blushed and smiled, “I’ve been meaning to ask you something.”

“Yes, my love?” Rick looked down into her amethyst eyes.

“Not that any of us are complaining,”

“And from the feel of it, neither is he,” Rarity interrupted.

“Buuut…,” Twilight was a little annoyed by the interruption, “you have been quite a bit more playful than normal today. Is there any particular reason?”

Rick lifted his hands and steeped them together under his nose. Twilight and Fluttershy both were disappointed by the sudden chill on their breasts. He thought for a moment on just how he should phrase his thoughts. “I think it’s because, deep down, I’m scared.” They all looked at him again.

“Scared of what?” Fluttershy asked.

“Scared… that I… might lose another family, I guess.”

“Sugar, we ain’t goin’ anywhere,” AJ reassured. “Ah cen promise ya, not uh one of us wants ta leave.”

After the mass agreement, Rick finished his thought. “I know that, I do, honest. But, Hanna and Annie didn’t want to leave either, but two years ago tomorrow, they did.”

Applejack grabbed him by the armpits and pulled Rick up to her chest, thus causing the other three to slide down. She wrapped her strong, farmer’s arms around his chest and crushed his ribcage in a tight hug. “Ah know what yer goin’ through. Ah know it ain’t easy,” a single tear fell on Rick’s forehead, he didn’t wipe it off “jest remember, we’re here for ya. No matter wut yer goin’ through, we are here for you.”

“She’s absolutely right, Darling. We have all experienced loss, Dear Applejack even more so, but we will be there for you whenever you need us. All you need do is ask.” Rarity had rolled onto her stomach and wrapped her own arms around his stomach.

Twilight and Fluttershy had done the same thing. They both found themselves wishing they still had wings to wrap around everyone so they could shield them from the cruel world around them. Instead, they had to settle for their thin human arms.

“To-tomorrow, we’re, um, we’re going to say goodbye. I may never get the chance again.” Rick let the few tears in his eyes roll down his cheeks.

“Are you sure? It’s going to be hard on you, you know that.” Fluttershy gently wiped the tears away.

“I, uh, I think I have to. It’s the only way I’ll be able to move on.”

“Alright, if you’re sure, then we will go with you,” Twilight told him. “So, where are we going then?”

“…home.”