• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 495 Views, 11 Comments

Confusing Love - SaraSantiago



Musa is a regular girl in town and meets Rainbow Dash. Slowly a friendship builds, but she finds that she might have more feelings than friendship.

  • ...
27
 11
 495

The Date

It was another beautiful day in Ponyville, and another day in Musa's life. Cleaning her dishes, she hummed the a song. She couldn't help it though, since her new girlfriend, Rainbow Dash, asked her out on a date today.

She sighed, finishing the dishes, and dried her hands. Glancing at the time, she smiled. Well, better get ready! she thought, practically skipping to her bedroom. It was the first time ever in Musa's life where someone returned her feelings. Sighing, she picks out a nice white shirt that had a purple flowers pattern and nice looking blue jeans. She wasn't one for dressing up fancy, but she wanted to at least look nice.

She looked to her mirror, moving her bangs behind her ear and smiled. A feeling of nervousness mixed with sorrow flowed in. What am I doing? she thought, staring in the mirror. Not getting an answer from her reflection, she sighed, and sat on her bed.

All of a sudden, a knock was at the door. Confused, Musa went to the door. Her eyes went wide, "Rainbow Dash? What are y-you doing here?" she asked.

Rainbow smiled, "Well, I'm picking you up."

"But our date isn't for another 30 minutes." Musa's cheeks warmed up.

Rainbow nervously laughed, "Right, I know. Isn't it good to be early?"

Musa finally got it, Rainbow was trying to do her best to keep this relationship going. Or, well, she hopes that's what it is. She smiled, "You're fine, Rainbow Dash."

"You know, you could still call me Rainbow. Just because we're dating, doesn't mean we have to be all formal." she put her hands on her hips.

Musa rolled her eye, "Yeah, yeah. Come in here." The two sat down at the kitchen table. "Since you're early, want any food?"

"No, I ate before I came here." she answered, "But I'd love a drink."

Musa stood up, "Ok, what do you want then?"

"Have any lemonade or something?"

She nodded, getting out the lemonade from her fridge. Setting it on the table, she grabbed two glasses. "Here." she pushed a full glass towards her.

Rainbow smiled, "Thanks Musa." She then took a few sips as Musa sat down with her glass. "So, is Musa your full name?"

Musa looked up towards Rainbow, "Um, no. My full name is Musical Beat. Musa's fine though."

"Ah, that explains the necklace your wearing."

Oh, Musa forgot she even put her necklace on. It was a necklace that had a charm with the treble cleff and bass clef making a shape into a heart. "Y-yeah." Musa then responded, taking a quick drink of lemonade.

Sooner or later, it was time for their date. The two of them went out of Musa's house to then go towards the movie theater.

"So, you say you don't like horror films. Too chicken to see one?" Rainbow jokingly asked.

"Heh." Musa clasped her hands together (her right hand above the left) "N-no...I just get scared easily."

Rainbow nods, "Alright, so that's off the list." Rainbow was trying to figure out the movie they were watching. "So, what genre do you like?"

Musa nods to this, "I don't know. I guess I'm a fan of romance."

"Bleh." Rainbow stuck her tongue out, "Gushy romance."

Musa laughs at this, "Some aren't that bad."

"Yeah, yeah. Alright, what else?"

"I like adventure and action."

"I think I'll be ok with that."

The two finally made it to the ticket booth. "How about superhero films?"

"I like watching superhero films...as long as they don't mess up the story." Musa answered.

"Alright, can we have two tickets for X-Men?" The woman behind the counter nods, and gives them the tickets while Rainbow hands her the money. "Here you go." she gives Musa the ticket. "Come on, it's going to start soon."

Musa followed Rainbow into the theater and they found seats near the center. Soon enough, ads have started showing. Then, the movie started. Musa glanced over towards Rainbow, who seemed attached to the screen, then looks down to the arm rest. Rainbow's arm was resting there. Musa took a deep breath, and moved her hand to it, intertwining their hands. Rainbow gives her hand a squeeze and the two smile while watching the rest of the movie.

Author's Note:

Oh...wow. Here's my much loved OC story. I do have to say I was horrible with writing this...but it was my first fanfic here. Thanks everyone so much for your criticism. Truly, it helped a lot! Sadly, this story and a lot of my stories are on hiatus because I'm busy with work and YouTube. So, this fanfic will probably just be canceled since no one really liked it anyways... :twilightblush: So, I hope you liked this little chapter!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment