• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 493 Views, 11 Comments

Confusing Love - SaraSantiago



Musa is a regular girl in town and meets Rainbow Dash. Slowly a friendship builds, but she finds that she might have more feelings than friendship.

  • ...
27
 11
 493

Weekend Party

Author's Note:

Hey everypony!! Sorry if there was any confusion but the rest of this chapter wasn't showing for some odd strange reason...then I had---it's too confusing to try to explain it....But I hope you all are enjoying my story so far!! Please comment below and tell me how I'm doing :) Thanks!!

Musa quietly hummed 'A True True Friend' as she got ready for Pinkie's Party. She dressed in a nice light blue, almost grey-blue, t-shirt and light blue jean shorts. A warm blush came upon her cheeks looking out her bedroom window as she thought of spending the day with Rainbow Dash. Musa quickly brushed her hair and went downstairs. She couldn't believe herself at the moment. She, Musical Beats, liked girls!

Her thoughts that clouded her mind were released when there was a knock at her door. Musa walked to the door and opened it. A smile was created as she looked to a surprising Rainbow Dash on the other side of the door.

"Hey Musa!" Rainbow Dash smiled as she waved.

"Hi Rainbow! What are you doing here?" Musa kindly greeted Rainbow in to her small house.

"Well, I was passing your house on the way to Pinkie's place; so, I decided to pick you up on the way." Rainbow answered. Her face seemed to hide a small factor...almost like she was somewhat lying.

Musa shook it off, even if Rainbow couldn't have been lying...Because why else would she come? Was she worried Musa wouldn't remember when the party was? Or maybe it could be she likes her...more then a friend. Musa stopped herself there. There was no way Rainbow could have feelings for her!

Musa smiled anyways, "I see...Well, I'm ready..." She thought if she had everything, which it seemed like she did, so she started for the door; slipping on nice light blue-grey slip on shoes; and then turned to Dash. "Well, are you coming?"

Rainbow smiled and followed her, "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming!" When outside, Rainbow Dash closed the door behind her. They made their way over to Pinkie's place. Pinkie Pie's place was a big pink three floor high house. The bottom was the Cake's shop where cakes, small cupcakes and other delicacies were made.

The two girls made it inside and went up the stairs; the small bang startled them both. Confetti flew everywhere. "Surprise!"

Musa's wide eyes looked to the slightly shorter than her, pale skinned girl with puffy pink hair and blue eyes who was grinning widely.

"Wow Pinkie. You overdid it." Rainbow complimented as she walked over to her. Musa calmed down; more so calmed her heart down from the sudden surprise; and her mouth turned to a kind smile as she walked over to Pinkie Pie.

"Hi Pinkie Pie. I'm Musa...I believe we met before-"

"In the store once where I was like *gasp* because I didn't recognize your face. If you were new here, you must have been lonely, so I did a small welcome party for you!" Pinkie Pie cut her off.

Musa didn't remember the party, but she remember Pinkie telling her about a party she would put on for her, but there was another person named Twilight, if she remembered the name correctly that is, who was also new. She shrugged it off and held out her hand, "Well it's nice to meet you again."

"Musa, that's..." Rainbow started, but couldn't finish. Pinkie squealed and pulled Musa in a huge hug. "..not the...best idea." Rainbow slowly finished her sentence.

"Ca-n't breeaath." Musa barely got out as she felt her body being crushed. Luckily Pinkie let go, but she felt like she was going to melt to the floor. It was almost like all her back bone was gone. She felt an arm go under her arm, and she looked over to a smiling Rainbow Dash.

"I tried to warn you." she joked, supporting Musa until her balance came back. Musa looked to Rainbow scornfully, even though both of them knew Rainbow Dash won in that conversation. Pinkie Pie lightly giggled, noticing both of the girls blush. Aww...So cute. she though, leaving the two alone to go down stairs to meet her other guests.

Rainbow let go of Musa's arm once her balance came back and crossed her own arms. She moved to the bench near a wooden picnic table and then looked to Musa; who was looking to her. She smiled, as a small blush came to her cheeks, and patted the spot next to her. "Come on, you can sit here."

Musa smiled as she sat down, "Thanks." Some more guests came in.

"Twilight! Fluttershy! Nice to see you here!" Rainbow waved to the other girls. One, Twilight, was shorter than Pinkie Pie, and was lightly tanned with long straight purple hair with a pink-purple streak in her hair, and her eyes were purple. She was wearing a nice purple t-shirt and darker purple jacket and blue jeans.

Musa's eyes widened as a small 'Awww' came from her mouth. She walked to it and pet it.

"Oh, this is Lily." Fluttershy slowly took off the bag, letting Lily out. Musa kneeled down to pet it. "Her and Angel get very lonely, so I bring them along." A small white bunny then popped up.

"Fluttershy, they're so cute." Musa smiled, petting both.

A sigh came from the doorway seconds later, "Whoowee. Long day finished by one hay of a party." Musa looked to the tall tanned girl. She had yellow-orange hair that was collected into a ponytail around her waist area. The girl was wearing a plaid orange and white button up shirt, where the sleeves stopped just above her elbows and was wearing blue jeans and cowgirl boots over them, with three apples on the top corner.

"Applejack!" Rainbow Dash smiled, walking to her and giving her a pat on the shoulder, "Hard day at work today?" Musa saw Rainbow's cheeks were covered in a light pink blush. A strange feeling curled inside Musa's stomach, and she cringed, looking away from the two straight to the animals.

See...There was no possible way Rainbow Dash would like me...It was because she likes some girl else. Musa thought, the feeling in her stomach was too much to bear, but she had to do something...let's say...something that people wouldn't wonder where you were going. No madder what she thought of, there was no possible way... Other than staying in that house...heck even the room!

Her senses come back when she feelt a finger lightly poke her cheek. She flinched first, and then moved her head to the poker. "Ra-rainbow D-dash...What is it?!" she stuttered, feeling heat over her face. She's so close...gosh darnit...And so cute~ She quickly shook off the thought. No Musa, she wouldn't like someone like you...She's into that other girl so stop it!

"Musa, you're strange..." Rainbow smirked, flicking her forehead lightly, making Musa flinch a little, "'ya know that?"

Musa looked to her, confused, "What do you mean?"

"You keep on staring into space..." Rainbow laughed.

"Oh...I'm sorry." Musa smiled nervously. Great going Musa. Keep spacing out like this, I'll be nicknamed the Staring Queen... she thought. She looked down to the kitten to see Rainbow was petting it, and she felt a small feeling of envy. I wish I could be a cat... she thought, smiling at how gentle Rainbow was petting the cat.

A squeal came from the door, "Let's get this party started!" Musa looked up to Pinkie Pie, who jumped over to the stereo set and hit the play button. Music suddenly blasted as the animals quickly squirmed back into Fluttershy's backpack.

"Pinkie Pie!" Applejack waved Pinkie over. "Do ya want me to get the Apple Cider now?" she asked when Pinkie finally pranced over to her. Pinkie nodded her head and Applejack left the room.

"Where's Rarity?" Pinkie then asked, crossing her arms.

"She's probably finishing an outfit before she gets here." Rainbow Dash guessed, standing up and stretching. Pinkie grunted, obviously not approving of the reason.

"Awfully sorry I'm late, dearies. Didn't mean to be late, but I was busy with a customer." Musa looked back to the door to the very pale, around the same height as her, girl with purple curly hair stopping above the waist. She was wearing a white summer dress with purple diamonds lining the bottom of the dress and around the waist were a light silver ribbon was. She was wearing white heels that had a slight purple tint to it. Her right shoulder was holding a small purple, lighter purple than her hair, purse.

"Oh, Rarity, it's okay. Pinkie was worried though..." Fluttershy gently greeted, walking over to her. Rarity looked over to Pinkie, who looked back and smiled.

"Rarity!" She shrieked happily, zipping over to her and hugging her tightly.

"Pinkie...I...can't..." Rarity voiced, loosing air, then Pinkie let go, "...breath."

Musa walked over to them cautiously, not wanting to get pulled in one of Pinkie Pie's murderous hugs. "Hello Rarity. I'm Musa." Musa greeted.

A gasp came from her as she looked to Musa almost like Musa fainted, or something like that, in front of her. "My darling, how awful! You should never wear that together!" she scoffed.

"Um..." Musa started, unsure of what to say. She really didn't mind what she wore, and at the moment, she thought what she was wearing was fine.

"Rarity...I know you're a fashion diva and all, but sometimes people don't wear fancy stuff." Rainbow Dash snapped, putting her hands to her hips.

Rarity gasped once more, looking offended, "Well, I'm sorry that I have an eye for fashion." she apologized roughly, crossing her arms and looked away, walking to the bench Rainbow Dash and Musa were sitting on not that long ago.

A small um escapes Musa's lips as she stares at the two of them. She wanted to help them to be back to friends, unless they weren't friends before...but she wanted them to at least get to know each other. A small hand goes on her shoulder, making her jump a little and she then looked to Twilight.

"Don't worry, they will be okay." Twilight assured, giving her a kind smile.

"Are you sure?" Musa asked, still unsure if everything would be okay.

"Yes, I'm sure." Twilight nodded, moving over to the snack table, grabbing a cookie.

"Musa, I'm sorry about Rarity." Rainbow then apologized, walking to her, "And I'm sorry how I dealt with that...But she gets on my nerves sometimes with all her fashion stuff...She had no right to tell you what you should wear...I think it looks great on you."

Musa felt her whole face heat up, probably because she was blushing...a lot. Sh-she thinks I look good...?! she thought gleefully. "Thanks Rainbow...I think you look great as well." Musa complemented.

For the first time, she saw it. Rainbow Dash, blushing because of Musa's comment. "Um...thanks." Rainbow said, unsure of what to say. Musa couldn't believe what she saw! The thought of Rainbow blushing because of her made Musa blush even more.

"No problem." Musa then said, smiling kindly. Even though she was happy about this, the feeling of Rainbow Dash liking her made her somewhat scared. A small feeling of fear appeared, with a confliction of love...It was all confusing and she couldn't stand it. "I have to go." she quickly said, blush all over her face as she left the room.

"Musa? What is it?" Rainbow asked, worried. Musa bit her lip, quickly closing the door behind her. She ran down the stairs, almost tripping at the last set, and bolted out the house. She slowed down, catching her breath as she moved to a tree, sitting against the bark. I am such an idiot. she thought, lightly tapping her head against the bark.

The sound of a door opening and closing sparked her somewhat calm body. "Musa?" She flinched. The voice was Rainbow Dash's. She heard footsteps come close. "Musa where are you?" she sounded worried. Footsteps finally stopped, Musa lightly closed her eyes slowly breathing out, knowing Rainbow Dash found her. "Musa!"

Musa looked to her, as she kneeled down near her. She had no idea what to do, or what to talk about. She completely blew everything. "Musa, what's wrong?"

"Everything, Rainbow Dash...Everything." Musa found herself to say.

"There's no reason to cry about it..." a tear hit her hand, making her flinch a little. I'm crying?! Musa thought, sighing. 'I am such an idiot.' she found herself thinking again.

"Sorry." she lowly said, bringing her knees to her chest. One thing about this position that she liked right now was that it was hiding her blush away from Rainbow Dash.

"Did I say something wrong?" Rainbow asked, moving closer.

"No...You said everything right." Musa grinned, moving her chin on top of her knees.

"Yep, I'm awesome like that."

Musa laughed and shook her head. "There's your smile..." Rainbow laughed, nudged Musa's arm.

Blush once came back to her face, unsure what to say, but glad Rainbow came out...She sat back straight up, looking over. "Rainbow-"

She was cut off by a kiss. Her eyes widened as she froze, unknowing what just happened. Before she could respond, more so relax, Rainbow quickly releases and looked away. "Sorry." she blushed hard.

Musa didn't understand fully what was going on, but she had a firm belief of what she wanted. She moved her hand to Rainbow's face, lightly moving it towards her, and...kissed her...back. After a minute of their lips on lips fiasco, they broke, catching their breath.

"I...don't understand Rainbow..." Musa started, unsure of the events that just occurred. "I thought...you liked Applejack."

Rainbow laughed, "You saw me blush when I talked to Applejack, huh? I had to use Applejack as a reason to calm me down." Rainbow smiled, "You know, you look absolutely stunning?"

Musa's face flushed deep red, "U-um...I guess...so?" she answered, unsure of what to say. Rainbow pulled her in for another kiss.

After breaking after what seemed like hours, both Musa and Rainbow Dash stood up, more so Rainbow stood up first then helped Musa up. "Musa, I have something to say that I've been wanting to say for a long time...It's just I never knew how to...And I never knew if you had the same feelings..." Rainbow started, kindly smiling, "But I like you...a lot."

"I...love you too." Musa blushed, somehow knowing what Rainbow was saying.

"So then...Musa, how would you like to go out with the one and only Rainbow Dash?" Rainbow smirked.

In response, Musa pulled Rainbow in a hug, "I would like that very much." she whispered into Rainbow's ear. Only releasing her for another kiss.