• Published 8th Nov 2013
  • 2,413 Views, 45 Comments

Finding the Rainbow - Joyous Apple



Rainbow dash wakes up in the Ponyville hospital with no memory. Told from her view.

  • ...
6
 45
 2,413

Thoughts

Author's Note:

It has been a while since I wrote, but I am coming back. I am back for good. I am already on the next chapter.

“Quit your shoving!”

“You’re stepping on my hoof!”

“Shut up!” Bon Bon rubbed her temples as she tried to keep the other two under control. She tried to remember WHY she hung out with them. She just remembers being with Lyra ever since she was little. She sighed and shook her head. “Alright… Now, listen closely. We can’t be seen or hear out here. So please, in the name of Celestia, STOP MAKING SO MUCH NOISE!” She said in whispered shout through grit teeth, staring the two down.

“Alright…” Lyra said with a submissive sigh, backing up a little. Carrot top, on the other hoof, simply rolled her eyes.

“Whatever.”

Bon Bon looked through the window, trying to get a better look at what she was seeing. Inside was Rainbow Dash. Bon Bon was now believing the newspapers… Because what she saw was indeed Rainbow Dash enjoying a Hooficure.

“Well,” Bon Bon cleared her throat. “At least we have some new dirt on RD now.” She smirked, taking in the scene in front of her. “Maybe a certain fashionista would like to know this.” With a chuckle, Bon Bon started down the road to a particular building.

***

“That will come out to thirty-two bits, darling. The fabrics you need have to be special ordered. But luckily enough for you, I know where to get them on discount.” The fashionista walked around her latest customer, using her magic to float around her tools, notebook and sketchbook. The mare she was working for at the moment was a short maned earth pony. She had an orange mane with a pearl colored coat. Rarity had a brilliant idea for her, sketching it out as she talked. “And I will have it done before the time you needed, my dear.” She smiled happily and floated her tools off to her desk and wrote down a few other notes, happily guiding the customer out. “Take care!”

Rarity was about to close the door when a certain alicorn came busting through her front door. “Rarity! I need to talk to you!”

Rarity barely had time to respond and turn around before being tackled down to the ground, Twilight right in her face. “It’s important! Meet me in an hour!” With a flash of her horn and a small pop, she teleported away from the very shocked and confused fashionista on the ground.

***

Applejack was happily bucking away at the trees on her farm, making great progress in harvesting her days goal. She only needed ten more bushels full of apples, and she would be done for the day. She looked over what she had already done, wiping her brow with a forearm.

“Whew-eeee! If ah didn’t know any better, I’d say I’m getting faster at my job.” She looked back over to the tree she was currently working on and pulled back to buck, just as a giant blur of pink invaded her vision, accompanied by a giant yell.

“Jackie!!” AJ fell back and screamed, eyes wide. Upon hearing the giggles of a very ADHD pink pony, she rolled her eyes and berated herself for being so scared.

“Pinkie, you know ah don’t like it when you do that! Don near gave me a heart-attack.” She picked her stetson up from the ground and fixed her mane, putting her hat back on.

“Sorry, AJ.” AJ picked up the bushel of apples and carried it over to her wagon, Pinkie happily bouncing along behind her.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatya want, Pink?” She put on the harness of the wagon and started to pull it along the farms trail, taking it back to the barn. Pinkie kept bouncing along with her.

“Twilight wanted me to tell you that she wants to meet all of us at the Treehouse.” Applejack pursed her lips in thought, pulling the wagon.

“Wonder what she needs us for.”

“I think it involves Dashie.” She said in a sing song voice.

“Wouldn’t surprise me. Ysh know how Twilight and Dash were.”

“Exactly! I wonder what Twily wants to talk to us about though. What about Dashie, that is. You know, it could be many things, and I think that it could involve the fact she doesn’t remember her or the fact that Dashie was talking to Silver and everything.”

Applejack blinked, trying to listen to the barrage of words, only really catching the last part. “She doesn’t remember, and she is talking to Silver again? That isn’t good, judging by the way Twi’s reactin, I really don’t know what to say,” AJ finally reached the barn, taking the harness off and nodding to Big Mac. “Well, ah guess we should head to the Library now, huh?”

***

I really didn’t know what to think after being lead into the back. It was all a blur in the end. The spa sisters, whose names I learned were Lotus and Aloe, dropped me into a sauna. From the sauna, they took me into a mud bath, putting cucumbers on my eyes and then rubbing something on my face as well. I’m not going to lie, but the mud bath was extremely comfortable. I kinda fell asleep, but once they woke me, they dragged me into a quick bath. Once I was done with that, they sat me down and began working on my hooves and hair, even touching up my face. I wouldn’t be able to tell you exactly what they did, or even give much detail about it. I was busy thinking of the latest events.

First thing I know I had was pain, then I found out I had amnesia. I then have people mad at me, then people wanting to talk to me. Now here I am, at a spa getting cleaned up for a date. I don’t even know why I should be doing this, but I don’t know why I shouldn’t. I get a feeling he is fine, but then I get another feeling it’s wrong. Twilight comes to mind, but I don’t know why. Is it fear? Am I afraid I will make her upset, or am I afraid because she was already upset and that’s all I am thinking about now?

Whichever one it was, I didn’t care. I found myself going along with it anyway. I looked to the ground, noticing something red fall. On the ground there was some clippings of multicolored hair. I noticed it was my hair as I focused back into reality. Aloe was working on my mane as Lotus was plucking away at my face.

“What are you doing now?” I finally asked, which caused Lotus to flinch. She blinked and chuckled.

“Sorry about that, just scared me. Ve are now stylizing your mane and cleaning up your face. Vhen ve are done, you will love it.”

“Okay.” I looked down at the mane strands on the ground. I didn’t know what I was feeling about that, but it was mixed. Looking at the colors of the mane clippings was weird, yet cool at the same time.

I must have gotten lost in the mane clippings, because they had to wave a hoof in front of my face to get my attention. I looked up and they both stood there, smiling happily at me. “Ve never knew your hair was natural. Ve thought you dyed it that way.” Lotus said. Aloe looked at me with a smile that was slightly bigger than Lotus’s. “But, we found a way to work with your hair colors, and I think you will like it. It really looks good.” She took out a hoof mirror and put it in front of me to look in.