• Published 8th Nov 2013
  • 2,413 Views, 45 Comments

Finding the Rainbow - Joyous Apple



Rainbow dash wakes up in the Ponyville hospital with no memory. Told from her view.

  • ...
6
 45
 2,413

Conversation complication.

Author's Note:

Nothing much to say. Sorry for haitus...stuff happened...and so on. Anyway. I hope you enjoy and sorry for the short chapter! I'll make it up, I swear!

If only my memory could somehow come back to me about ponies I know and the places they went to a lot. I was just getting to the Spa. It took me some time to find out where it was again. I had to ask for directions twice, and these ponies would just look at me like I was crazy. They then asked me if I was pranking them again, or they would just ignore me. Others would ask a million questions I had no answers to. This one unicorn mare with a mint green coat and similar mane with a white streak and some sort of harp on her flank asked me how things were at home. I just smiled and nodded my head saying things were fine. I quickly said I had to go to the spa and she happily decided to guide me there. We walked quietly for about three minutes before she started up conversation with me again. She looked over at me and had a questioning look on her face.

“So why are you, of all ponies, going to Aloe and Lotus’s?” I just looked at her blankly for a second.

“Aloe and Lotus’s? Me of all ponies? What do you mean?” She blinked and looked away with a blush. A blush? She looked back at me and then all over as if she were following some invisible bug.

“Well...I mean...you see….J...Just nevermind….” She looked down and started to walk faster. Okay? Well, I could answer one question.

“I’m going to the spa because I need to clean up for a date.” She froze and flipped around. Her eyes were wide. Why is she?

“You have a date?!” The way she screamed it, I think everypony knew now.

“Yes…?” She then covered her mouth, looked around and then blushed, looking right back at me. What is up with this mare?

“Sorry…” She muttered, before putting her ears back and dropping her head. She continued walking forward. I continued following her. Why did she go from all cheery to all sad?

“...It’s okay? Are you okay?” I was kinda worried for her.

“Huh?” She looked up surprised, looked at me and nodded her head. “Yeah, I’m fine. Really. Just, my stomach hurts a little.”

“Oh. Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should go rest or something?”

“Yeah. I do feel a little dizzy and stuff,” She circled around to look at me. “Just keep going straight and you will be there in no time.” She smiled before she started to walk off.

“Thank you so much for the help. Hope you feel better soon.” And like that, the weird unicorn mare, whose name I never got, was gone. She was very helpful, although a little weird, I really hope she feels better. I have to pay her back somehow. Maybe when I remember things again.

I continued the way she told me to go until I eventually came across the spa. The sign, which was made of wood and hanging from the roof, simply had a bar of soap on it. I entered the door as a bell chimed my arrival. Looking around, it was fairly quiet. There were a few chairs in an area I assume was the waiting area.Directly in front of me was a desk that was about half as tall as I was, the wood looked fairly worn from use as well. Behind the desk sat a blue mare with a somewhat red mane. Before I could speak, she called out to me.

“Why, miss Dash! A pleasure to meet you!”She then knit her brow in confusion, coming from behind the desk, all the while looking around me and at me. “What is the occasion…? I don’t see the others, and miss Rarity comes on tuesday’s and wednesday’s…” I blinked. Others? Rarity. I just shook my head and looked at her with what I could hope was a calm smile.

“I uh...need to get cleaned up….”

“I can see that…” She stood there, just looking at me before she shook her head twice, “Anyway! Right this way Miss. Dash.” She turned around and started towards a door near the waiting area.

“Uh...alright…” I started to follow. I guess you didn’t have to pay for everything around here…

< = >

“That is what she said! She would rather go there than go to Horseshoes. If you ask me, she would have been better off at Cider’s or Berry’s. But no, go to Horseshoes.” Bon Bon took a breath after her short little rant and took a sip of her tea.

“Really? I wonder why she would do that…” Replied Carrot Top as she looked to the side, trying to find a reason behind going to one place really mattered.

“Anyway, you gunna eat that?” Bon Bon pointed a hoof to Carrot Top’s plate which was still holding a half eating cherry pie. Carrot Top simply waved a hoof at her.

“Go ahead.”

Bon Bon just nodded and pulled the plate to herself. “Anyway…” She took a bit of the pie and continued to talk, mouth full of food, “It’s like saith...Ith weirth.” She swallowed her mouthful loudly.

Bon Bon continued to talk about her story as Carrot Top zoned out, absentmindedly sipping her water. The only reason Carrot Top really listened to Bon Bon’s rants was because of the free meal. Throw a few ‘Really?’s and a sentence after that, and you were golden. All she got from that conversation was the whole destination thing. She didn’t even know ‘WHO’ was going anywhere.

Carrot Top continued to suck on her straw until she heard the tell tale sign of an empty glass. Her ears automatically folded back. She looked up and saw that Bon Bon was nowhere near done with her story. Luckily, to Carrot Top’s good fortune, somepony decided to take this time to help her out.

“Bon Bon!” The cream colored mare blinked as she looked away from Carrot Top and toward Lyra. “You are the gossip type, right? What is the deal with Rainbow Dash?” Bon Bon cocked her head to the side, swallowing the last bit of pie in her mouth.

“Whattya mean?” She scratched the back of her head as she began to think about the multicolored mare. “Let’s see...Element...great flier….likes to read adventure books….All I got. Why yah ask?” Bon Bon looked back at Carrot. “I was just telling CT here about the one time Cherry Seed went to Horseshoes because of that-”

“Ew! No! Don’t say that out loud! Gosh...I remember that still. How did we get home?” Bon Bon simply shrugged as she started to snack on some hay fries. Carrot Top blinked.

“Wait...what….What was gross? What happened?” The farmer asked, genuinely lost now. Bon Bon looked at her confused.

“whatya mean? I just spent an hour describing the whole thing to you?” She narrowed her eyes at Carrot.

“Oooooh! Heheheh...That! I thought you meant something else,” She said sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head. “How she should have went to Cider’s….or...uh...Berry’s..?” Bon Bon looked just straight confused now.

“Riiiight….anyway...Lyra. Now that CT is done being weird, take a seat. Hungry? I know I am.” The mint green mare sat down and sighed.

“You are always hungry…” Lyra muttered.

“Am not! CT, defend me here!.”

“You did just eat my pie…” The farmer replied.

“AGHH!” She just sat back in defeat, rubbing the sides of her head, “Anyway...Why did you ask about RD?”