• Published 7th Nov 2013
  • 12,305 Views, 107 Comments

Feather to Feather - Chatterjoy



Twilight is not the child of who she thinks she is. She is actually the product of a wish. How will this revelation affect her?

  • ...
13
 107
 12,305

Chapter 7

"-Then there was that time that Tia tried to cook with using the power of her sun. She cracked the eggs on the sanitized rock, and she intensified the heat of the sun. The eggs did cook, but so did the rest of the world! It took a few months to get the temperature to a bearable state!" Luna exclaimed on the train. The two mares giggled uncontrollably.

Twilight had to admit that she was having quite a bit of fun with Luna. The 'family' stories of her former mentor and Luna's own mishaps were quite hilarious. Twilight could barely imagine her almost perfect idol Princess Celestia trying to cook a few eggs with the sun. Something told her, however, that Luna might have been slightly exaggerating.

"Oh let me tell you about the time that Tia tried to fight off a manticore!" Luna exclaimed excitedly. "It all began with an expedition into the Everfree forest..."

Twilight had already began to tune the Lunar Monarch out as she gazed out the window to gaze upon Canterlot growing closer and closer. The young alicorn began to think of what she would say to her mentor turned aunt. It would no doubt be awkward for both her and the princess. Twilight couldn't help but imagine how the scenario would take place.

She walked up to the throne with Luna by her side. Her mother had wrapped a hoof around her barrel in comfort as they faced Celestia.

"Why did you lie to me all these years?" Twilight asked, stepping forward and out from underneath Luna's wing.

"Twilight, listen how could I tell you that your mother was an evil empress and banished to the moon. How would you have reacted? It wasn't your time yet."

"I could have handled it just fine!" Twilight retorted, folding back her ears and scuffing her hoof on the ground while looking away.

"Like how you handled it when Luna spilled the beans?"

Twilight didn't have a reply to that, as usual, Celestia was the one who was right. She would have reacted badly. It wouldn't have been a good idea for her to know. Plus, as a little filly Twilight loved to tell others what she knew. Everypony would think her insane if she said that a myth was her mother and in fact she was over a thousand years old. It would have put Celestia in a bind. Choose to put her in an asylum or banish her or side with Twilight and reveal too soon of Luna's existence thus keeping Twilight from meeting her new friends.

"-ght. -light. Twilight!" Luna exclaimed shaking the younger princess awake. When the purple alicorn looked around confused, she had noticed that the train was stopped. "We hath arrived at our destination. Thou hadst fallen asleep, and We had thought twould be inappropriate to wake thee from thy slumber. As We art aware of how precious sleep can be."

"Thank you Princess Luna," Twilight replied. She covered a yawn with a hoof and walked off of the train.

"Please, call Us Luna," the princess remarked heartily. Twilight only nodded as a sign that she had heard. The two mares walked at a brisk pace to the palace. Most of the ponies on the way bowed to the two princesses. Twilight had a sneaking suspicion that it was more out of fear for Luna.

Judging by the look on the Lunar Monarch's face, Twilight had hit it on the mark. Her ears folded back in shame, as she realized that she was just as much of a jerk, as these ponies on the street. Luna had no pony else except her sister and her. Originally, as a friend and then supposedly as a daughter. Luna was lonely, and she had taken a risk to tell Twilight the truth, knowing that it would either bring them closer together or rip them apart.

True, Luna had actually let it slip, but was still planning to tell. Twilight had been a jerk. The purple mare released a sigh, which Luna caught, before the older princess could ask what was wrong, Twilight grabbed the princess with her magic and teleported them to a park that was mostly abandoned.

"Twilight?" Luna asked. She was confused by all of this. Weren't they supposed to be talking to her sister? To get some answers? The younger mare didn't answer, instead she went to a nearby swing and sat on it. She looked up grinning at Luna.

"Twilight Velvet used to push me on this swing when I was younger," Twilight admitted. Luna suddenly got the picture and grinned broadly. The Lunar Monarch practically flew over to the swing, her skips barely touching the ground. She began to lightly push Twilight on the swing.

A white glow enveloped Twilight's form and a young filly version of herself took the purple mare's place. Luna gave Twilight a puzzled look, and was slightly worried. "Don't worry, Luna. Last Nightmare Night I analyzed your transformation magic. I just made myself the size of a filly."

A glow of pride filled Luna's chest. "Twilight, this...!" Luna never got to finish because Twilight had jumped out of the swing and gave the now much bigger alicorn a hug.

"Luna, I'm sorry for the way I overreacted. I was just so confused! But, I know that was not how I should have acted. It is still the same though. It may be a while till I can call you mother, but I'm willing to try to accept it now, instead of just running and denying it."

Luna just gave the younger alicorn a hug. "We, no I forgive you Twilight."

For the rest of that day Twilight, still in the guise of a filly, and Luna played in the park. It wasn't until the giant clock tower in the Canterlot Plaza chimed nine o' clock that the two mares, with Twilight's guise now gone, headed back to the palace.

The two mares entered the thrown room. Luna's wing wrapped around Twilight's barrel, as they walked through the giant door. There were no guards in the chambers and the throne was empty.

Celestia was gone.

Author's Note:

Finally, a new chapter is done for this story! I will try not to take so much time like this again!

Comments ( 34 )

The two mares entered the thrown room.

Is this a room that was literally tossed into or out-of the castle? One can only imagine the hilarity of this situation playing out when it happened. *KI-YA!**WHOOOOSH!!**SMASH!**TING!*:trollestia:

4875002
Lol! Thanks for catching that! I'll fix ASAP.

Plot Twist, Celestia was spying on them somehow and died of diabetes, story over.

Good story, very good story and waiting for more. :moustache:

4876398
Based. Based my friend. The entire thing is supposed to be similar to the song.:twilightsmile:

RC

4876421 so.. much... daww... heart.. cant .. tak......................
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yay I though this story was dead but nope :D

please please PLEASE hurry with the next update!!!

Updates any time soon

Awww man it's was getting really interesting, I really can't wait to read the next chapter.

Is there going to be more because I so love this story. :heart::heart::pinkiesmile:

I also listened to the song Hijo de la Luna as I read the story hope more soon.:heart::heart: :twilightsmile:

This is the English one

This is the Spanish one

I NEED MOAR!!!!:raritycry:

Update Please!!!!!!!

she gazed out the window to gaze upon Canterlot

This sentence just didn't sound right to me.

Also,

"-Then there was that time that Tia tried to cook with using the power of her sun. She cracked the eggs on the sanitized rock, and she intensified the heat of the sun. The eggs did cook, but so did the rest of the world! It took a few months to get the temperature to a bearable state!

then

"We hath arrived at our destination. Thou hadst fallen asleep, and We had thought twould be inappropriate to wake thee from thy slumber. As We art aware of how precious sleep can be."

How come she was talking normally before, and then switched back to speaking Ye Olden?


It has been a while since i read this and, for some reason, forgot to add it to a list to now when you late updated it.

I might have to try reading it again later to get back into the zone of this fic.

Still, that was cute. i won't be surprised if twilight and luna do that (twilight disguising herself as a filly) a lot, to really try and rekindle the bond they should have as mother and daughter.

At first i was worried about why Celestia wasn't on the throne when they returned, but then remembered that she's probably frantically searching for them, which is pretty funny.

It needs a little edding but other than that it's ok

it was good but you lied in the author's notes it's been a long time since the last update is this story dead or are you still writing:twilightsmile:

I really like this story hope to read more soon

5945169
Yes, well that did not mean to be a lie. Yes. I'm still writing. Should you require further explanation, refer to my blog.

I'm sorry to bug you again I was just wounding when this story will updating this story it just its been so long that like some other story's that song song gets stuck in my head so here is a pmv of that song for you hope you like it :twilightsmile:

.... UPDATE SOON!!!!

When will this return

So umm were did Celestia go

9040137
I would like to know this as well, hope a new chapter shows up I'd hate for this to be cancelled or worse forgotten.

and now I play the waiting game.

9534542 SOOOOOOOOOO...................... YOU STILL PLAYING THE WAITING GAME OR............................?

10466540
yes i am diligently playing the waiting game

10466612 ON A SCALE OF ONE TO TEN HOW DO YOU RATE THIS "GAME"?

10932898
I missed that part…

Great story so far too bad it seems it is dead there hasn't been an update in 8 years. That is sad because this story has great potential, but i understand real life happen, heck maybe you left the fandom after G4 ended it is all understandable.

Alas, another great story has been brought low. :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment