• Published 27th Nov 2013
  • 3,045 Views, 67 Comments

Five Score, Divided By A Different Time - Violet Runner



After getting the role of a lifetime Jeremy Taylor ends up turning into his characters alter ego from a show that ended a few years ago in this Five Score, Divided By Four side story.

  • ...
24
 67
 3,045

Chapter 7

Derpy’s perspective.

After grabbing a small late launch, I used my new found flying skills to make my way to the room where the TARDIS was being kept and repaired. When I saw the rings hanging from the ceiling, it had reminded me of something important involving the Doctor and I. As I flew through the halls the sounds of welding, hammering and the occasional sound of what I could only guess was from some alien technology, began to get louder.

“Doctor?” I said sticking my head into the TARDIS.

“Yes Derpy?” He said looking up from a console.

“Can I talk to you in private?” I asked flying over and landing in front of him.

“Alright.” The Doctor said looking into my eyes. “Hey Steven, I’m going to step out for a second. you guys can handle the repairs for a few minutes on your own right?”

“We’ve been doing a good job for the past 25 years haven't we?” Steven called from the lower half.

“Alright.” Doctor Whooves said laughing a bit as we exited the TARDIS. “So what did you want to talk about?”

“Well I want to know about us.” I said looking down a bit.

“Us?” He asked a little confused.

“About our relationship.” I elaborated. “I know that we were dating here on earth but now we're ponies and you're The Doctor thus technically neither human or Pony and...and…” I stopped rambling when I felt a hoof gently push my chin up.

“Derpy.” The Doctor said looking into my eyes with a soft smile on his face, before pulling me into a long passionate kiss which I happily returned. It felt like eternity before he finally broke it.

“Derpy, you have nothing to worry about. I know that you don’t have all your memories back from when we were in Equestria but I do, don't worry no spoilers.” The Doctor said still looking into my eyes. “And I can honestly say that I loved you back then as much as I do now. You may not remember this but the reason you became my companion in the first place was because we were dating and I wanted to take you someplace special. And the fact that we managed to find each other again in this world proves that we were meant to be together.” He said before pulling me into another kiss.

“You two love birds going to come up for air?” A voice called from behind us. We both turned to see Steven standing at the door to the TARDIS.

“Sorry.” I said blushing.

“It’s alright.” He said waving it off. “You know Doctor, we can finish the repairs another time if you want to take the rest of the day off.”

“Thanks Steven.” Doctor Whooves said.

“And hey, if you want I could take you guys up to one of the screening rooms in main BBC building if you guys want to watch a movie or something.” Steven said with a wink.

“That’s sounds lovely. What do you think Derpy?” The Doctor asked looking at me.

“I think you still owe me a romantic evening for my birthday.” I said kissing him on the cheek.

“Alright then.” Steven said clapping his hands together. “Why don’t you two go get ready and I’ll get everything setup for your date. Let’s meet back here in say half an hour?”

We both nodded before going our separate ways. I headed back to my room, getting turned around a couple of times. I finally made it back after a few minutes, when I remembered that I didn’t have anything fancy to wear. I was about to exit my room and ask around if any of the other ponies had anything I could borrow when the door opened and a pale coloured Unicorn mare, with a light blue mane and tail wearing a saddlebag walked in.

“Hello Ms. Hooves?” The Unicorn said.

“Yes. How can I help you?” I asked looking at the Unicorn as the door closed behind her.

“My names Sapphire Silk. Steven said that you might be in need of a dress for tonight.” She said levitating a dress out of her saddlebag and holding it in front of me.

The dress was brown with pictures of muffins on it, with bubbles lining the bottom.

“Wow! This dress is amazing!” I said looking at it. “But how did you put it together in such short notice?”

“Well, it’s my special talent.” She said turning to show her Cutie Mark which was a spool and thread. “Before all this pony business, I was the head of the costume department here at the BBC, so I’m used to short deadlines.” Sapphire explained.

She then helped me into the dress before pulling out a pearl necklace with a muffin pendent on it and putting it around my neck. She then put a couple of pearls in my mane and had me step into muffin shaped shoes.

“Wow! I look amazing! Thanks Sapphire.” I said looking at myself in the mirror as my wings flared.

“You’re welcome.” She said as she prepared to leave. “You should start to make your way to the TARDIS, if you don’t want to be late for your date with The Doctor.” Sapphire said with a wink as the left.

I looked at myself in the mirror one more time before I made my way back to the TARDIS. Steven was already there, waiting for me, but Doctor Whooves was nowhere to be seen.

“Alright Steven I’m all ready, but where’s The Doctor?” I asked looking around.

“Ah, there you are Derpy. Wow, you look lovely,” He said looking at my dress. “The Doctor went ahead, he said he had something special he wanted to set up.”

“Thank you,” I said with a slight blush. “So shall we head up?”

“Alright,” Steven said, leading me through the facility and over to two sets of elevators, one of which I recognized as the elevator that brought us down when we first arrived. He pressed one of the four buttons on the wall between the two elevators and the one elevator that we hadn’t used yet opened to take us upwards.

The Elevator ride was spent mostly in silent apart from some elevator music that sounded like the theme songs of Doctor Who and Torchwood blended together. After a few minutes the elevator stopped and the doors opened to show the empty halls of the BBC building.

“This way, we’ve set everything up in studio 2a,” Steven said leading me down the hall. “Here we are,” He announced as he opened the door and a wave of soft music hit me.

“Derpy…” Doctor Whooves was standing in the middle of a room, a spotlight placed upon him. “I’m not good with words, and probably even worse with music… but I really want to show you how special you are to me so please just…” He chuckled. “Bear with me, and may Van Morrison forgive me.”

A new song started to play. I barely had time to recognize the melody, though, before the Doctor began to sing.

Hey where did we go,
Days when they brought the rain
Down near the village
Playin' a new game,
Laughing and a running away
Flying and a jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our hearts a thumpin' and you
My cross-eyed mare,
You're my cross-eyed mare.

Whatever happened
To Tuesday and so slow
Going down the timeline
With the TARDIS, got places to show you
Standing in the sunlight laughing,
Hiding behind a rainbow's wall,
Stumbling and sliding
All along the waterfall, with you
My cross-eyed mare,
You're my cross-eyed mare.

Do you remember when we used to sing,
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da
Just like that
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da, la te da

So hard to find our way,
Now that Equestria’s gone.
Were humans just the other day,
But you’re not alone,
Still remember I was a Timelord
Sometime I'm overcome thinking 'bout
Cuddling in the green grass
In the Ponyville Park with you
My cross-eyed mare
You're my cross-eyed mare

Do you remember when we used to sing
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da (lying in the green grass)
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da (bit, bit, bit, bit, bit, bit)
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da (sha la la la la la...)
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da.

“Oh Doctor.” I shouted, running up to him as soon as the song ended and the rest of the lights turned back on.

“You look lovely tonight.” The Doctor said softly, pulling me into a tight hug to give me a deep kiss.

“Ahem…” We looked up at Steven who had cleared his throat, obviously to get our attention. “If you two are done snogging, dinner is served.” He pointed at a table and two pony friendly chairs that were being wheeled in and a tray carrying a romantic spaghetti dinner for two.

“Thanks again Steven,” Doctor Whooves said as he walked me over to the table and pulled my chair out for me. I sat down and gave him a smile while the Doctor sat down himself.

Steven nodded. “No problem. It’s my Job to make sure you and your current companion are happy and have anything you may need to fix, stop, make happen or whatever it is you’re here to do.”

“Well it was still nice of you,” I said as he brought over a weird device that looked like something from the War Amps. “What’s that?” I asked pointing to the thing in his hand.

“Well, you see, though it is possible for ponies to hold some things in their hooves it usually takes them a while to relearn that ability, so we developed these to help Earth Ponies and Pegasi hold things such as forks,” Steven explained showing me how it worked.

“Hahahah!” The Doctor raised his head in laughter. “It’s funny. When I first arrived in Equestria you taught me how to hold things with hooves and now I can teach you.” He said picking up a fork with his hoof, while Steven helped me strap the device to my hoof and putting a fork on it.

It was a bit awkward eating with the device but it definitely made it easier than eating with hooves. As we ate our dinner I came across one noodle that just didn’t want to break. I kept chewing and chewing, taking in more and more of the noodle until… I know it sounds incredibly cliché, but the Doctor’s lips connected with mine just like in Lady and the Tramp. We both laughed lightly at what happened before going back to eating. I couldn't completely fight the blush off my face, and glancing at the Doctor I could have sworn that his face had a hint of red on it, too.

After dinner Steven led us to a private screening room where a couch and a few blankets were waiting for us. We both got comfortable on the couch pulling a few of the blankets over us as the movie 50 First Dates started playing.

Author's Note:

Lyrics by River Road, song Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison.

Snogging. I know it's british slang for making out but it sounds like something that's going hurt.