• Published 27th Nov 2013
  • 3,045 Views, 67 Comments

Five Score, Divided By A Different Time - Violet Runner



After getting the role of a lifetime Jeremy Taylor ends up turning into his characters alter ego from a show that ended a few years ago in this Five Score, Divided By Four side story.

  • ...
24
 67
 3,045

Chapter 4

“Are you sure this is a good Idea?” Maggie asked from under a blanket in the back of my car, as we drove through the darkened streets of London.

“Hey, you’re the one who said we should agree to meet him.” I said as we turned a corner. “Don’t take this the wrong way or anything but I don’t think you should have come Derpy. It’s just too dangerous with how you look now.”

Over the past couple of hours Maggie had started to take on more and more Equine traits. Gray fur now covered most of her body, her legs were definitely that of an equine, she had a prominent snout, and her crossed golden eyes were now as big as they were in the show. If it wasn’t for the snout she may have passed for a satyr at a comic book convention.

“Look I know it’s risky but if someone can shed some light on this situation then I want to be there to hear it.” She said as the car came to a stop.

“Well we’re here. Hammersmith Park.” I said reading the small sign.

“I wonder why he wanted to meet this late.” The gray half-pegasus said, looking out the window to make sure no one was watching us.

“I don't know but we'll find out soon.” I said putting on a hat to cover my pony ears before opening the car door.

I opened the back door and helped Maggie out giving her some crutches to help her walk as she pulled up the deep hood on the assassins creed costume I gave her to hide her snout.

“Where did he say he'd be?” Maggie asked looking around, as we walked through the park.

“He said he would meet us by the jungle gym near the northwest entrance of the BBC building.” I said as we got closer to the meeting place. “22:15, this is it.” I said using my ability to know the time without a watch.

“Who’s there?” A voice called from some nearby bushes.

“That depends. Who are you?” I said turning to face where the voice came from, to see Steven Moffat step out. “Oh it’s you Steven.”

“And you must be Jeremy, or should I call you Doctor.” He said with a smile. “Come I have something to show you.” He then turned towards the BBC building and gestured for us to follow.

I looked over at Maggie before shrugging and we both started to follow him to the BBC building. He led us to a door with no handle or lock, next to a loading dock and nodded to a secretary cam before the door slid open to reveal an elevator. We walked in and the door closed as we started to descend.

“So are you going to tell us what’s going on?” I asked looking at Steven.

“What I’m about to show you is the biggest secret that has been kept in this country for the past 55 years. The only people who know about this are trusted employees of the BBC and the Royal Family. We’ve been waiting for your return and with what’s been going on around the world these past few months we knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up.” He explained smiling.

“Ok, who are you really, where are we going, and how do you know I’m The Doctor?” I asked glaring at him.

“Everything will be explained in just a moment.” Steven said as the elevator stopped. “Doctor, Derpy. Welcome to Torchwood.”

“Wow!” We both said as the doors opened to reveal an underground warehouse filled with hundreds of both people and ponies looking at computer monitors, maps and charts.

“Wait I thought Torchwood was in Cardiff.” I said looking around, to which he just chuckled.

“We just said that in the show to keep crazed fans from tearing apart the BBC looking for this place.” He said as he lead us through the headquarters.

“So you guys have been the ones taking in all the people turning into ponies?” Maggie asked as we passed a group of three unicorns.

“For the most part. We’ve been tracking down as many ponies as we can and offering them a safe haven here. Unforchantly parliament has been kidnapping a lot of them and taking them to that research center that Prime Minister Creedy opened at Larkhill.” Steven said with a disappointed sigh.

“What are they doing there?” I asked as we tuned into a long hallway.

“Experimentation.” He said flatly. “They're torturing them, removing the horns from Unicorns, the wings from Pegasi and some things that are too horrible to mention.” He said with a shudder. “We’ve managed to rescue a few ponies from there, that’s how we know what they're doing.” He finished as we came to a pair of big metal doors painted to look like wood. “But enough of that. Lets get back to why you're here. Behind these doors is the answer to all the questions you may have had before coming here.” He said opening the doors to reveal a small room with a blue box that was ten feet in height, four feet in width and four feet length with the words “Police Box” written in white letters across the top.

“It-it’s the TARDIS!” I said walking up to it and feeling the side of it.

“Yep. We’ve been watching over this thing ever since it crashed in Scotland back in 1995.”

“But I don't understand. All the Doctor who seasons take place in the modern world for the year it came out.” Maggie said as she slipped and fell slightly.

“Derpy!” I said running over to her.

“I’m all right” She said sitting down.

“What’s happening to her?” I asked looking back at Steven.

“It’s almost midnight. The final part of her transformation will be happening soon. It takes a lot of energy and the pony usually falls asleep when it happens. But to answer your question Miss Hooves; time, from a non linear, non subjective viewpoint-” He began to explain but was interrupted.

“Is more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.” Derpy and I finished at the same time.

“Right. I guess you heard that before.” Seven said with a bit of a laugh. “Anyway I think it’s about time that you went inside, don't you Doctor?”

“Oh yeah.” I said excitedly walking up and pushing the door open and walking in.

“Well, aren't you going to say it.” I heard from behind me.

I turned around to see Steven helping Derpy into the TARDIS.

“It’s bigger on the inside.” Derpy said looking around which made me laugh a bit.

“That’s odd.” I said as I suddenly started to get a tingling sensation in my chest.

“What?” Derpy asked.

“I don’t know I just started to get this weird tingling sensation in my-” I started but was interrupted when a gold light surrounded my body.

Suddenly all my memories came flooding back of both Equestria and all my misadventures in time.

“Well that was interesting.” I said when the light died down. “Hey did you get taller?” I asked looking up a Steven. “Wait a minute.” I said looking at myself not letting him answer. “Oh, ha, look at that. I’m a pony again. Wow! New but old teeth, weird." I said as my tongue made contact with my teeth. "Hey Derpy I’m back to being a pony again.” I said as I turned to face her only to see her on the floor unconscious. “Oh my, the poor dear fell a sleep. We should really find her a bed.”

“Yes we should.” Steven said picking her up.

“Uh, do you know what happened to my Sonic Screwdriver? Last I saw it, it fell under the control panel here but now it seems to be missing.” I said looking under the control panel.

“Right here.” He said pulling a small rectangular box from his pocket and handing it to me.

“Ah, there it is.” I said opening the box. I then picked it up with my mouth and put it in my collar that appeared around my neck when I regenerated. “Well then I guess all that’s left is to wait for Derpy to wake up and we can get on with stopping Discord.” I said as we walked out of the TARDIS to get Derpy a room.