• Published 3rd Nov 2013
  • 1,391 Views, 100 Comments

Pearple Juice With Bits - Pearple Prose



Assorted story scraps and bits by me.

  • ...
2
 100
 1,391

PreviousChapters Next
Ice [TwiLuna]

Twilight's breath was misty in the cold night air of the Frozen North. There was a frosty sheen on the crystals that formed the balcony where she and Luna lay wrapped in one another's hooves.

"It's beautiful," Twilight said, looking out over the Crystal Empire with a sleepy smile on her face.

Luna hummed in agreement, her head resting on top Twilight's own. "It does bring back memories. This place is a relic of the past, really – I feel something of a kinship with it."

Twilight lifted her head and wrapped her neck around Luna's in such a way that she could speak quietly into her ear. "It's still not as pretty as you." She buried her muzzle in Luna's mane and listened to her laughter.

"Such bold words," Luna said with a smile. "One dares to ask where this confidence is coming from?"

Twilight just shrugged halfheartedly, still drinking in the scent of Luna's magical mane. It smelled vaguely of blueberries. "Iunno. You look nice with the crystals and all." She hummed for a moment, before pulling her head back and asking, "So, you've been here before?" She paled. "Uh, I mean, obviously before... that."

If Luna took note of Twilight's blunder, she hid it well. "Hmm... Once or twice. The first couple of times were diplomatic meetings with the Cadenzas." Luna grinned preemptively as she heard Twilight's gasp. "And yes, Our fair niece does indeed have roots here. The noble family who used to rule the Empire are Cadence's ancestors. Celestia discovered this soon after she adopted the girl, I do believe. 'Tis extraordinary." Luna's smile turned to a slight frown. "And... There was a time after that, I think."


Four black hooves landed gently on the crystal floor of the Palace with a melody of sharp clacks. The midnight black mare they belonged to shook herself clean of the snow that clung to her coat. Her features formed a razor sharp frown as she looked back at the blizzard that raged outside the balcony window she had entered through.

"It is beautiful, is it not?" A sultry voice slithered out of the shadows. The mare suppressed a shudder and turned to face the ash grey stallion that smiled softly at her from the darkness. "The snow and the crystal sparkle so perfectly in the moonlight." He faked a shocked gasp. "Oh, but where are my manners – It is an honour to finally meet you, my Queen." He bowed low to the ground, his muzzle scraping the floor.

Luna snorted. "Get back to your hooves, you sniveling sycophant. Tell me why you called me away to this pathetic hole."

Something flashed across King Sombra's face, so brief that Luna wasn't sure she'd seen it at all, before he stood up to his full and rather impressive height. "Of course, of course, her Highness has important business, I'm sure." The smirk on his face made Luna's skin crawl – he wasn't so pathetic as to mock her, was he?

He circled Luna slowly as he began to speak. Luna's eyes never left him for an instant. "It's quite simple, really. I admire you, Princess– Queen Luna. I can give you power. I can give you the honour you deserve. And I think, together, we could create something beautiful." He swept his hoof towards the balcony once again. "Just look."

Luna did look. She saw the moonlight reflecting of the icy crystals of the sleeping city. She saw it sparkle as brightly and as brilliantly as her own night sky in the background.

She felt the darkness crawl across her fur as she watched, in wonder, as the storm danced to the song of the night. "It does look... beautiful," she said, with grudging awe.

She heard a voice whisper in her ear. "It's still not as beautiful as you."

Luna reached out and, with a twist, tore the darkness from his grasp. With a flicker of a thought, she sent the stallion crashing to the icy floor behind her.

"Are you truly such an idiot?" Luna snarled. She wore the darkness as a cloak, as armour, as her own skin. "You tempt a goddess, Sombra – We have no need for your kind words and your little display. Our night is beautiful without your meddling, and We shall have the entire world know that. Now, begone. Your sight offends Us."

The shadows, sharp as daggers, descended on the speechless Sombra, who whimpered in fear and crawled away from the wrathful being of darkness that stood before him like an ancient war god. He staggered to his feet and shouted, "I could have given you everything! I could have made you an empress! But no, return to your little hovel with your sister that hates you and your country that ignores you. See how much the world loves your "beautiful night", you wretch."

Luna wondered, for a moment, how it would feel to crack that handsome head like an egg in her hooves. She pondered the feeling of his body impaled on her horn, and the metallic bite of his blood on her tongue.

After a minute of idly watching the pony tremble in his shoes, Luna turned and vanished into the night as a fleeting shadow, his final words to her echoing in her mind.


"Luna? Are you alright?"

Luna started. She felt warm tears dripping from her muzzle. She batted ineffectually at her eyes and forced a smile onto her face.

"Yes, We are fine. Thank you, Twilight. For everything."

PreviousChapters Next