• Published 3rd Nov 2013
  • 1,397 Views, 100 Comments

Pearple Juice With Bits - Pearple Prose



Assorted story scraps and bits by me.

  • ...
2
 100
 1,397

PreviousChapters Next
A Challenger Appears!


Twilight ran. It was the only thing she could do, in that moment. Were it any other scenario, she may have stood her ground, may have risked defiance, maybe even managed to conquer the challenge.

Not now. Not like this.

"Twilight, wait!" There was a loud snap, and a building in front of her came alive with a quake of its foundations. "I just want to make some friends!" Mocking laughter echoed through the desolate remains of Ponyville.

Just a little more, Twilight assured herself, ducking under the slowly rising cottage. A literal house-sized fist crashed down on where her head would have been. Just need to get to the library. No trouble, right?

Thinking quickly, Twilight turned the ground behind her into a pit of mud, one that the walking house managed to fall into and sink. The buzz of victory was short-lived, however; a look back over her shoulder showed a very familiar draconic grin.
"Hey!" A blast of energy pulverised the earth right next to her. "That was rude! Come back here and apologise!"

Twilight didn't hear him; the library was right there in front of her now, and the relief was clouding her senses. She barrelled through the door and ran up the stairs into her bedroom.

Right there, was a glass case containing six shining gems, each one set into a piece of golden jewellery.

Tears dripped down Twilight's face as she thought of those that the symbols represented. They were gone now. Taken from her. Only she could wield them now; only she could do what was needed to save Equestria.

The laughter sounded again, this time from right outside. "Bravo! I see you managed to find the only things that could stop me!" The voice darkened. "Too bad. I have an aversion to losing. Makes my skin dry, you know?"

There was a loud clap, and the earth began to tremble. Twilight flinched, and looked around fearfully. Then the library shuddered and creaked ominously. It got louder and louder and louder, until eventually...

The entire treehouse began to collapse.


Discord watched the library lift itself off the ground and shake mightily. He imagined the pony inside screaming in terror, and a jolt of exhilaration shot through his long, snakelike body.

The treehouse shuddered once more, and then pulled inwards, like a black hole had formed in its bowels. Which, in actuality, wasn't too inaccurate.

"Friendship..." Discord scoffed. "What a joke. Magic is the only thing that matters in this world, and I have it all." He turned to walk away.

Then he heard something so terrifying, so utterly implausible, that even he, with his penchant for the impossible, froze up in disbelief.

"But Discord, haven't you heard?"

A lavender alicorn rose up from the crater where the library once stood, armour materialising from thin air and wrapping itself around her. Magic poured from her eyes, flowed from her very being, shining with a light so bright that Discord imagined that it could consume the entire world.

"Friendship is Magic."

Author's Note:

Written based on the music at the top. Written in about 20-30 minutes. The image is unrelated, just popped into my head while writing it. Click it to go to the source.

~PP

PreviousChapters Next