• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 10,812 Views, 412 Comments

Sonic: Chaos in Equestria - Snicket



Sonic makes an unplanned stop to the land of Equestria

  • ...
29
 412
 10,812

The calm before the storm

As the sun sets into the horizon, the sky shifts to a fiery combination of orange and red. Shining the last of its light across the earth; causing long shadows to cast along the once busy town.

Sonic and company venture towards the quiet town as many pony folks start to pack away their shops for the night or venture to one of the establishments open during the later hours. Since leaving the Apple Farm stead, the three small fillies have yet to cease asking the lilac cat a barrage of questions, while also apologizing profusely to the Sol Zone ruler for Scootaloo’s former comment and to a certain blue hedgehog for not telling him of the new fan club they started; shortly after his arrival to Ponyville.

With Scootaloo ‘claiming’ that they started it to honor Sonic’s heroic acts when he defended the town. Only to be called out by Sweetie Belle, who ‘thought’ they started the club, because everypony thought Sonic was cool; which prompted a grown from the small Pegasus and an amused chuckle from the apple bucking mare. Applebloom remained mostly quiet during the venture as she studied the lilac cat; as if trying to find an answer to a question she didn't have yet.

Sonic takes notice of this and attempts to draw everyone attention to him.
“So where is this ‘party’ taking place?” The hedgehog begins emphasizing his question with finger quotes. “The invitation was kind of vague.”

Blaze reached into her coat, pulls out her won invitation and looks at it. “I think it’s at the….Prancing Pony?” The cat mutters out as she raises an eyebrow in confusion.

“That’s can’t right,” Applejack corrects with her won confused look. “The prancing fu fu place closed down ah few years ago.” The mare removes her own invitation from under her hat and examines it. “ M’ahn said it’s at a place called the ‘Foxtrot’ . What the buck is a fox trot?”

Sonic lets out an amused chuckle, prompting the group to give the hedgehog a confused look. “What’s so funny, sugar hog?” The wheat colored mare inquires as she tucks her invitation back under her hat.

“I think I know what’s happening here.”

“Ya, do?”
“Yeah, you know that place next to the quill and sofa shop?”

“What about it?”

Sonic grins and crosses his arms before continuing. “That place has changed names at least twice since I’ve been here, lord know how many times it’s passed hands…eh hooves since it was built.”

“Ah, see where you’re going with this.”

“You do?” Sweetie Belle chirps. “Because I’m totally lost here.”

The blue hedgehog waves his hand slightly; like a magician doing a card trick. And suddenly holds his own invitation in his once empty hand.
“Cool.” Scootaloo gleefully says as she gazes upon the hedgehog with extreme fascination.
“Ah bet Pinkie’s been beggin’ ya to teach her that trick.” Applejack comments with smirk.

Sonic lets out an amused chuckle before opening the envelope and removing the invitation. “You have no idea, AJ.”

Unfolding the paper from the envelope, the hedgehog lets out another amused chuckle as he reads it and then holds the invitation to Blaze and Applejack
“Yep, I was right.” Sonic states as he passes the invitation off to the lilac cat. “That place has changed names and themes so often that it’d be pointless to reprint these every time.”

Applejack glances over at the invitation Sonic handed Blaze. “Cores Den’? Can’t say I’ve heard of that one; must not have been there very long.”

“I’m just glad that weird milk place didn’t last.” Another voice says, prompting everyone to turn to a certain Pink party pony.

“Pinkie!” They all say in unison.

The mare waves enthusiastically. “Hi guys.”

“What are you doing…” Sonic lets out a grown and face palms. “Never mind, what are you talking about?”

Pinkie ponders the hedgehog’s question for a moment, as if trying to recall what she said. “It was this strange place that served all kinds of flavored milk…but it tasted really bad and made my tummy feel really funny.”

“Maybe that’s because it was all full of that funny unicorn magic.” Applejack says flatly; annoyed by the mare’s ignorance.

“So, that’s why ya never let me try any of that stuff.” Applebloom inquires; breaking her once silent demeanor.

“Yep, that’s why.” The mare states with a stern look. “The magic they used wasn’t the kind you see Twi and Rarity use or any unicorn for that matter. This stuff messed with a pony’s head.”

“Like what?” Blaze asks, gaining a low grown from the apple bucking mare.

“Well they’d make ya see thins’ that weren’t there, experience things that didn’t happen, and even make you feel like you got bugs crawling all over ya.”

“So they’re spiked is what you’re saying.” Sonic inquires with a frown.
“Exactly. Ya see Pinkie. That place was bad news and…” The mare trails off as she notices the pink mare is no longer present. “Na where in the sam hell did you run off to?” Applejack huffs as she tries to spot the pink party pony.

“Damn ninjas.”

------

As the group ventured through the small town, they stop the building in question, off in the distance; with a new sign hastily attached to one of the structures awnings.

“Electric Boogaloo?” Sonic says with an annoyed tone. “That’s not even clever.”

Venturing down the empty streets the group comes upon the building’s entrance; spotting a few familiar faces standing near the door way; a certain fashionista and lavender mare among them; the latter facing away from the group.

“Hey guy. What are ya’ll two doing out here?” Applejack begins as she trots towards her friends. “Ah figured, ya two would be inside already.”

Rarity turns to the farm pony and blows a flock of hair away from her face. “Well we could have, but a certain pony refuses to go inside.”
“Well that’s only because another certain pony, went overboard when I asked them for a favor.” Twilight snaps, still facing away from everyone.

Applejack raises an eyebrow at the mare’s sudden outburst. “Come on Twi, Ah’m sure it ain’t THAT bad.”

“I’m hideous!” The mare barks out visibly shaken by her own comment.
Rarity rolls her eyes at her comment and turns to the wheat colored mare. “This might take a while, why don’t you guys head inside.”

“Alright then, ya sure?


“Yes, I’m sure. I’ll be in shortly.

Applejack takes one last glance at the distraught lavender mare and then at Rarity before heading inside the strange club; taking the three fillies with her. Blaze motions Sonic to follow, but is stopped as a gloved hand rises in to her line of sight.

“Hold on for a sec, I may be able to help.”

The lilac cat raises an eyebrow at the hedgehog’s comment; while standing back, with her arms crossed.

“I’m sure it’s not that bad, Twilight.” Sonic says as he approached the lavender mare. “Come on let me see.”

“No!” The mare snaps. “I look terrible.”

Rarity lets out an annoyed snort. “Not really boosting my confidence, Twilight.”

The blue hedgehog gives the white unicorn a perplexed look before turning back to the mare still facing away from him. “I won’t laugh, now let me see.”

“Promise?” Twilight says cautiously.
“Scouts honor.”

“But you’re not a scout!” Blaze chimes in, much too Sonic’s annoyance.

“That’s not the point! Just let me see, I’m sure you’re making this a bigger deal than it is.”

Twilight lets out a heavy sigh. “Alright, but you promised not to laugh.”

The mare turns around and faces the curious blue hedgehog. Nothing seems out of the ordinary, except for her newly added make up. A deep red is skillfully brushed on the tops of her eyelids a as well as some new eyelash extensions that dwarf her own. Appearing similar to Rarity’s usual style; except in different colors of course.

Sonic stares blankly at the mare for a few moments; which only adds to her worry.

“I knew it…”

“You look really pretty.” Sonic blurts out, causing the lavender mare to let out a gasp and leap backwards.

“Really?” Twilight says with a slight smile.

The hedgehog silently nods, gaining a beep blush from the lavender mare.

“Wow,” Twilight begins as she looks away; still blushing profusely. “I didn’t expect you to say something like that.”

“What about me, Sonic? Don’t I look pretty?” Rarity abruptly inquires as she strikes a pose.

“You always look pretty, Rarity.” Sonic states matter of factly.

The white unicorn lets out a small squeak as she grins at the complement. “Why thank you, darling. I did put a lot of effort in…” She trails off. “Wait, you didn’t even notice did you?”

“Notice what?”

Rarity trots over to the hedgehog and strikes another pose. “Do you notice anything different?”

“Can’t say that I do.”

The mare takes steps closer. “Really, nothing at all?

Sonic shakes his head.

Rarity takes another step forward. “Not even the different style I’ve chosen or…”

“Nope.”

The white unicorn lets out an annoyed scoff and trots several feet closer, till she’s less than an arm’s reach way from the blue hedgehog and strikes another pose. “What about now?”

Another shake of the head.

“Rarity, maybe Sonic just doesn’t…” Twilight begins.

“Shush, it would be rude to give spoil the surprise.” The mare boasts as she takes one last step forward and motions the hedgehog to lean towards her. Once Sonic does so, Rarity smashes her muzzle into his face and grins widely.

“How about now? Surely, you’re able to notice a difference this close up.”

“Oh, I think I know what’s different.”

“You do?”

“Yeah, you brushed your teeth. *sniff* sniff* Mm, minty.”

The white mare naps her head back and lets out a loud scoff. “It seems I expected too much from you, Sonic. If you can’t even…”

“And that you changed the style of your mane, you’re wearing a different shade of eyeliner, and if’ I’m not mistaken you even went with a different perfume.”

Rarity turns back to the hedgehog; utterly shocked. “You noticed?” She squeezes happily. “How delightful.”

Twilight glances at the excited Rarity and then to a very bored looking lilac cat.

“So uh, Blaze. You get a chance to see the town?”

The lilac cat snaps out of her daze. “Oh yes, it’s a nice town. Everyone was very helpful when showing me around.”

“Well that’s good.”

“Though, I did notice something odd…well all things considered anyway.”

Twilight tilts her head slight at the cat’s comment. “And what would that be?

“Well there seems to be a lack of males or I guess you’d call them stallions. Is it custom to work away from town here or is there really not that many?”

“I was wondering the same thing actually?” Sonic inquires as he appears before the two; prompting a small squeak from the mare. “Why is that?”

“Well, it’s because a number of reasons actually.” The mare begins as she summons a scroll into existence. “From what I’ve gathered, one of them is because…”

“Save your ‘discovery’ for another time, darling.” Rarity says as she levitates the scroll away from Twilight. “We are here to celebrate Sonic’s recent hoof of heroism,” The mare grins at Sonic. “And the arrival of our new friend. Not hear the reasons why this town has a gender imbalance.”

Sonic snaps his fingers; cutting the mare off from a rant. “That reminds me, you guys don’t go through an Estrous cycle do you?”

“Estrous?” Twilight asks, in a confused tone.

“Yeah, it’s when you get this overwhelming urge to fu-“The hedgehog is cut off as a lavender foreleg is jammed into his face; Belonging to a very flushed Twilight.
Sonic bats the mare’s hoof away. “So was that a yes or no, I Just want to be…OW!”

*Smack*

The hedgehog is cut off once more as he’s struck from behind from a certain enraged lilac cat.

“What the hell, Blaze?!” Sonic shouted as he turned to the lilac cat. “What’d you do that for?”

A growl escapes the cat’s lips at the hedgehog’s question. “How can you be so dense, that you’d ask such a question and not expect to get this reaction?”

Rarity lets out a gasp and covers her mouth. “Is that why you’re friends with all of us.”

“What? No!” Sonic retorts as he rubs the back of this head. “It was mentioned in some old book I found recently.”
“An old book?” Twilight asks.

“Yeah, the pages were falling out and it looked like it hadn’t been opened in a while.” He turns back to the lilac cat. “I didn’t know if they got that in check or if I should be wearing once spring time rolls around.”

The lavender mare lets out a sigh. “We no longer let out emotions drive us into frenzy during that time, but it’s still the only time we can bare foals.”

“Good,” Sonic begins as he starts towards the club’s entrance. “Glad we got that cleared up.”

“Hey, what a…”Twilight trails off as the blue hedgehog enters the building.
Rarity blows a flock of hair out of her face. “He was messing with us, wasn’t he?”

“Yep.” The lavender replies.

Blaze crosses her arms across her chest. “And we fell for it, hook, line and sinker.”

------
Several large trash bags rain from the sky and fall into a large metal dumpster. A certain cyan mare sits on atop a large cloud with several more sitting beside her. The Pegasus grits her teeth as she shoves another one over the edge and into the dumpster.
“Why did I wait so long to get rid of this?” Rainbow Dash asks no one in particular as she pushes another bag into the metal bin.

She starts pushing another one over. “I didn’t think there would be this many. It would have been so much easier if I had just taken it out regularly, instead of letting it pile up like this.”

“Hope he doesn’t think I’m some sort of pig,” Dash begins as she shoves the last bag over and lets out a pained groan. “There, all done.”

Rainbow Dash falls backwards and collapses onto the cloud. “Phew, that took longer than I thought. Maybe if I hurry I can still that party…” She trails off as she sniffs her right foreleg. “Ok, first shower and then party.” The mare springs to her hooves and unfolded her wings. “Sonic better appreciates this and save me a dance.”

------

Numerous lights of different colors dance across a crowded dance floor; crammed with dozens of mares and a few stallions. A fast pitch techno beat blares from the clubs speakers; informing any that passes or enters the club that the party is in full swing.
A certain blue hedgehog enters the club and instantly shields his eyes as they’re assaulted by blinding multicolored light. Pulling his hand way as his eyes adjusted to the clubs’ light show, Sonic scans his soundings.
Ponies of numerous types move to the high paced music on a large dance floor that dominates most of the clubs interior. A low lit bar sits on the opposite side of this and runs the entire length of It; donning dozens of intoxicants and other assorted drinks in the numerous brightly colored bottles that sit on the shelves behind it. Several tables and chairs sit in a little patch of floor alongside the dance floor. Long with a notch leading to another location; mostly likely the restrooms.

Spotting a few familiar faces as they wave to him in the seating area, Sonic waves back and turns to meet them. Only to be stopped by a certain music mixing mare.

“Hey Needles.” She says with a big grin.

“Scratch,” Sonic begins as he approaches the white unicorn. “I haven’t seen you in a while. What have you been up to?”

Vinyl scratches the back of her head with her right hoof. “You know the usual. Making music, doing a few gigs to bring in the bits. That sort of thing.”

“Yeah, I bet it’s been…” Sonic face palms as he trails off. “Sorry Scratch, I completely forgot to swing by.” He scratches his head and looks away. “I’ve been a bit busy lastly.”

The mare lets out a snort and gives him dismissive wave. “Don’t worry about it, Needles. Saving Equestria is more important than listening to one of my tracks.”

“Still, I would have liked to hear it.”

“Well then, tell me what you think.” Vinyl smiles sheepishly.

Sonic looks at the mare with a raises eyebrow and begins to study her features. Vinyl’s smile begins to wavers as the blue hedgehog continues to glance at her.

“Well?”

“You look very nice today. Are those new shades?”

Vinyl blushes at the question and give the hedgehog and playful push. “No, no, not that. (Thanks for the compliment though), but that’s not what I meant.” She motions to one of the speakers. “The music, what do you think of the music?”

“Oh.”

Sonic ears twitch slightly as he focuses on the fast techno beat that blares from the nearby speakers. Glancing at something, as if it's helping his focus on the song.

“I like it,” The blue hedgehog begins as he turns back to the music mixing mare. “It’s got a great beat that you can dance or relax to.”

The mare gins. “Cool, that’s exactly what I was going for. Would you believe this came to me in a dream?”

“Yes, and it ended up not letting any pony else dream because of it.” Another voice says with a hint of annoyance.”

“Oh c’mon Tavi, don’t be such a stick in the mud.”

A familiar female earth pony appears next to the music mixing mare with a bored expression on her face. “You didn’t have a show to perform that day, so of course it wasn’t a big deal for you.”

“Oh boy, here we go again.” Sonic states flatly as he rolls his eyes.

Octavia holds a hoof to her mouth. “Oh dear, am I doing it again?” Vinyl nods. “I’m sorry; I actually came to this place with good intentions.”

“Really?” The music mare asks with a smirk. “Do tell Tavi.”

The grey mare lets out a sigh and turns to Sonic. “First off I’d like to apologize for how I acted last we met. “ She fiddles with a flock of her mane. “I pegged you for an arrogant show off and it appears I was wrong. “

“Yeah, yeah, you thought Needles was some sort of ‘player’ and now you find out that was false.” Vinyl blurts out a bit harshly. “C’mon bud,” She says turning to the blue hedgehog. “I got this sweet set up now and I’d like to show it to you.”

“Yeah hold up for a sec,” The hedgehog says dismissively as he turns back to Octavia and hold out his hand. “Hey, no hard feelings.”

The grey mare nods and sets a foreleg into the hedgehog’s outstretched hand. “Thank you, Sonic.”

“Cool, you guys made up, now c’mon this set up will blow your mind.” Vinyl urges as she takes the hedgehog arm with her magic.

Octavia lets out a huff as she’s pull from Sonic’s grasp. “What if your hurry, Vinyl? It’s not like Sonic is going to vanish if he doesn’t go with you.”

“Yeah, I know, but something always….happens.” The white mare trails off as the doors to the dance club open and in walk a certain lilac cat and two unicorns.
The three brakes from conversation as they spot the blue hedgehog. Twilight enthusiastically waves to Sonic and they trot/ walk over to meet him.

“Ah there you are, darling. We were wondering where you ran off to.” Rarity states as she flicks a flock of hair away from her face.

Twilight shuts an eye attempting to block out some of the bright light. “It’s a little bright in here thought.”

“Indeed, they could maybe….” Blaze trails off as she notices the two mares standing near Sonic. Oh, hello. I hope we’re not interrupting something.”

“Na, Scratch was just going to show me something.” Sonic says with a dismissive wave.

“Scratch?” The lilac cat begins as she tilts her head. “I’m sorry. I don’t believe we met.”

The blue hedgehog face palms upon realizing something. “Oh right, I keep forgetting.” He points to the music mare.” Vinyl this is Blaze.” He turns t to the lilac cat. “Blaze this is Vinyl.”

“Hello.” Blaze greets warmly.

“Sup?” Vinyl mutters out passively.

Rarity turns to Sonic; who both notice the build tension. The blue hedgehog gives the mare a nod as she attempts to change the subject. “So, uh who wants to check out the dance floor?”

“I’m in!” Twilight says with a bit more enthusiasm than she intended to. “Uh, I mean I’d like to see what’s down there.” She turns to the blue hedgehog, lifts her eyes and smiles. “Come on, Sonic. We should go together.”

Blaze turns to the lavender mare and raise an eyebrow and then turns to Sonic; still bearing the same expression. “You can dance?”

“Pfft! Can he dance?” Vinyl repeats with an amused tone as she turns to Sonic. “Needles here cleared house last time we did one of these things.”

The lilac cat smirks. “I’ll believe it when I see it.”

“Is that a challenge?” Sonic ask with a cocky grin.

Blaze ponders the question for a moment. “Yes, I suppose it is.”

The hedgehog’s grin intensifies as he turns to the music mixing mare. “Scratch, did you bring that red album?

“Yeah, but I don’t think this is the right setting.”

Sonic grins as the mare. “Trust me, it will be. Start it up after this song”

Vinyl nods and trots off towards her mixing station.

“I do hope you know what you’re doing.” Octavia begins as she turns to Sonic. “That one is a bit different from the usual music Vinyl plays.”

“That’s what makes it all the more exciting.” Sonic boasts as he turns back to Blaze and gives her a wink as she shoot her one of this trademark grins.
The grey mare trots towards the lilac cat. “Oh, where are my manners. Once this whole thing started, I forgot to introduce myself. “She states holding out a foreleg to the cat. “I am Octavia Melody (though most just call me Octavia), musical performer, event planner, and current roommate of that mare who wasn’t too keen on making you’re acquaintance. Sorry about that.”

Blaze shakes the mare out stretched hood and gives her ah nod. “It’s alright, as one would say,” She turns to Sonic. “No harm no foul.”
“Yes, that is what a certain hedgehog would say.”

The two share a brief chuckle at the hedgehog’s expense, only to trail off as the music abruptly changes. Blaze’s ear twitch slightly as the new music fills the room and then turns to Sonic with a confused look.

“Is that a Spanish guitar?”

The blue hedgehog grins as he takes the lilac cat’s hand into his own. “Yep and its our signal to get started.”

------

An array of lights dance across a crowded dance floor as a precaution of drums blares from the nearby speakers. Except unlike before, no one was dancing. Well no pony was dancing anyway. Two non-pony figures stood in the middle of the dance floor. Moving around in a sizable circle the other party goers has cleared out for them.

Being pulled from a spin, a certain lilac cat begins to glare daggers at the fast moving hedgehog once their faces met; sporting a deep crimson blush.

“Are we not having fun?” Sonic asks grinning as he places his arms around the lilac cat and dips her towards the dance floor; gaining a few ‘oohs’ from the spectators.

Blaze blinks at the question and resumes her glare once she’s met the hedgehog’s gaze. “This is embarrassing. Why did you choose this song and style of dance?” She mutters out gritting her teeth.

Sonic pulls the lilac close and grins at the ever increasing blush on her white cheeks. “I thought it would be fun. You were always so flexible.”

The lilac cat turns away and mutters something under her breath.

------

The door to the club swing open as a certain cyan mare strolled in. “Hey guys, sorry I’m late I had some….Whoa!”

Rainbow Dash’s voice drops a few octaves as she trails off when she spots the duo dancing in the middle of crowded dance floor. peering closer, she notices the lilac cat being ever so lovingly held in the hedgehog arms; prompting her stare at them slack jawed and promptly flair her wings out at the display.

------

As the duo continues to move about the dance floor, several of the female onlookers watched them as they danced past here line of sight; either grinning or staring at the two in disbelief. While a few stallions mutter out comment of how Sonic was showing off or other various jabs on how jealous they were.

Blaze steals a few glances at the crowds as she lifted into the air. Only to let out a small yelp as she pulled into another close embraces and dipped towards the dance floor.

“I think they’re jealous.” The lilac cat states as she gives the hedgehog a sheepish grin; no longer being such a strong blush.
Sonic replies with a grin at Blaze’s relaxed demeanor. “Wait until they see the big finish.”

“W-what?” Is all the cat is able to mutter out as she’s sprung outward till her arm is taught with Sonic’s and then pulled back as the music stops. Blaze blinks at the abrupt movement, only to be brought of her daze as her arm is thrust into the air with Sonic’s as the crowd cheers behind them.

Blaze blushes at the attention from the crowd and yanks her hand out of Sonic’s grasps as she gives him sour look.

“Good evening Ponyville!” A familiar bubbly voice shouts from the clubs sound system. “Are we having a good time?” The crowd shouts. “I can’t hear you!” They scream louder. “Ouch! Too loud!”

Pinkie Pie appears alongside the music mixing mare, holding a microphone. “How is everypony doing?” The crowd lets out varied responses to the question. “Ok then, let’s all put our hooves together to honor our new hero.” A white spot light appears over the blue hedgehog. “Sonic!” The mare’s last comment riles up the crowd. “Also, let give a warm welcome to our newest resident, Blaze!” Another light appears over the lilac cat. “Who’s going to be staying here with us!” The crowd lets out another roar of excitement.

The pink mare springs off the stage an onto the dance floor, still holding the microphone somehow. “Let's all give another big cheer to tonight’s entertainment! And to the kind folks at Hooves and Parties for letting us use this space.” This gets another loud cheer from the crowd. Vinyl lets out an annoyed snort as she’s lumped together with the shady guys that own the building.

“So it’s just being rented out for this?” Applejack mutters out as she turns to Rarity and Twilight.

“Hm, I guess so.” Rarity says as she flicks a flock of hair out of her face. “A place won’t last long in this town, so it probably for the best.”

------

As the fast beat techno music begins to fill the ‘club’ once more, Sonic turns to Blaze; who’s still showing a hit of embarrassment on her face.

“I told you I could dance.”

The lilac cat snaps towards him; blushing a bit more as she meets his gaze. “Indeed you did. You’ve proven that in Spades just now.”

Sonic lets out a chuckle as he itches his nose.

“Hey, can I have the next dance?” A voice says as a green female unicorn emerges from the crowd.

“No, you can’t!” Another voice shouts

Wait, a minute…”

The gangs of mares argue amounts themselves.

“Ten bit to dance with a hero, step right up.” A certain cyan mare announces as she stands by a fold out table. “Come on every pony don’t be shy. Just ten bits buys you a dance with Sonic the Hedgehog.”

“YOU’RE CHARGING THEM?!” Sonic snaps as he’s approached by a dozen or so mares.

A large red coin purse falls on the table, prompting Rainbow Dash to look up at its owner.
“That should buy ten dances.” A familiar mint colored unicorn states as she trots towards the crowd of mares.

“Not quite,” Rainbow Dash begins as she empties the coins onto the table and quickly count’s them.

“What?” Lyra says as she snaps towards the cyan mare. “That’s more than enough.”

The cyan mare slides the bits back into the bag and looks up at the unicorn. “Maybe if you bought them separately. But if you try to do it all at once, the price goes up.”

“Explain!”

“Well you see, there is only one Sonic and a lot of ponies want to dance with him. So I have to try to deter some pony from taking up all this time. So to put it bluntly if you want him all to yourself, I’m going to need more than what you got in this bag.”

Lyra lets out a huff and snatches the bag off the table with her magic. “That’s totally not fair, Dash.”

------

Having paid to dance with Equestria’s new hero, several dozen mares line up to partake.

–Cue montage-

Dancing with Bon Bon:

“Yeah uh, sorry for putting you up to this,” The cream colored mare mutters out and turns away. “I just saw you dance with that cat and got curious.”

Sonic waves his hand dismissively. “Bah, don’t worry about it.”
Now with Rarity:

“You dance skill are just smashing.” The mare gins as she is held close during a slow dance.

“Thanks, I try.”

Then with Applejack:

“Why’d ya take my hat?” The mare says with a huff as she point to the hat resting on the hedgehog’s spiky head.

“Because, you look so much better without it.” Sonic fires back with a cocky grin.

“Sonic!”

“Alright fine.” Put back on AJ’s head. “There you go.”

Moving along, Pinkie pie:

The pink mare sprang around on her front forelegs. “I didn’t think you could dance like this?” She adds while leaping to her back and spinning around.

“Oh, I’m just getting started.” Sonic boasts as he plants his hands on the dance floor and spins around.

And then came Apple Bloom:

“Ya put yer right leg in ya put yer right leg out. Ya do the hokey pokey and that’s what it’s all about.” The small filly mutters out as she moves along to the song she’s singing. “Sorry, Sonic. It’s the only dance ah know.”

The blue hedgehog chuckles as he mirrors the young filly’s dancing. “It’s all good, we all have to start somewhere.”

Don’t forget about Fluttershy:

“Why don’t I feel embarrassed right now? Is that weird?” The mare blurt out as she turns to the blue hedgehog.

“Na, it just means everyone is staring at me.”

“Eeep!”

Even Twilight joins in:
“I think I’ve gotten better at this. What do you think, Sonic?” The lavender asks she turns to the blue hedgehog dancing before her.

“As long as you don’t start freestyling.”

After dancing with the seemingly endless line of ponies, Sonic stands on the dance floor with no one else waiting in line. He turns to the cyan mare as she eagerly counts the stack of coins and places them in small red bags. “Huh, I guess that’s it.” The hedgehog muses as he takes one more look around the dance floor. “Didn’t think I’d actually run out…Whoa!”

Sonic leaps back as he spots a certain music mixing mare teleports into his line of sight. “I didn’t know you could do that.” The hedgehog says as he lets out a nervous laugh.
Vinyl rolls her eyes. “Well nice to see you too, Sonic.”

The hedgehog holds up his hands defensively. “Hey now, you can’t get mad at me for being startled about a trick I didn’t know you could do.”

“Fair enough.”

Sonic approaches the mare that just appeared in front of him. “So, taking a break? I was going to take myself, why don’t we…”

“Actually, I was hoping for a dance.” The unicorn states as she glances at the hedgehog through her tinted shades. “I mean if that’s cool with you.”

The blue hedgehog grins as he removes the mare’s shades and rests them on the base of her horn. “Now it is.”

Vinyl blinks several times as her magenta eyes are directly introduced to the light and then looks up at Sonic. “Uh, I’m confused. Why did I need to take my shades off to dance?”

“The eyes are a reflection of the soul.”

“Is that really your reason?”

“Nah, I just like to see the expressions of the one I’m dancing with.”

The mare shrugs. “Fair enough.”

Sonic grins as he looks down at Vinyl. “What did you have in mind?”

“Well just something simple.” A high tech beat starts blaring from the sound system. “That should do it…wait.”

A loud scratching noise cuts the mare off as a slow song starts to play. The duo looks up at Pinkie Pie as she waves enthusiastically from behind Vinyl’s mixing station.

“Drat!” The unicorn mutters out as she turns back to the blue hedgehog.

Sonic grins and crosses his arms. “Karma’s a bitch, isn’t it?”

“Yeah it is.” Vinyl says as she drops her head with a low sigh; only to perk back up and turns back to blue hedgehog. “So, you still want to do this thing or what?”

The hedgehog shrugs. “Sure why not.”

------

As the slow dance music comes to an end, a fast pitched electric techno beat explodes from the speakers. Prompting the former slow dancers to burst into a fast paced movement that would make someone dizzy from watching.
The duo exits the dance area and heads towards a set of tables and chairs as a certain music mixing mare hums smugly to herself.

“C’mon Needles, say it.”

“No.”
“Say it!” Vinyl demands more sternly.

“Ugh! Fine alight, I’ll say it.” Sonic says in a huff as he turns to face the unicorn. “You have pretty eyes.”

The mare blushes. “T-that’s not what I meant.”

“Uh, your coat is soft and warm.”

Her blush increases. “I-I’m serious man…”

“Oh,” Sonic begins with a snap. “Your mane is bright and shiny!”

Vinyl lets out a groan as she buries her face into her hooves. “Come on dude, seriously?”

The hedgehog rolls his eyes. “Fine, you’re a good slow dancer.”

“YES!” The mare shouts with a hoof pump. “Wait, why am I exited to hear that?”

Sonic shrugs. “I dunno.”

“Hun, neither do I…odd.” Vinyl’s expression turns serious. “What was with all that banter a minute ago? Is there something you want to tell me?”

The hedgehog grins. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Of course you do!” The mare snaps. “Telling me I looked pretty, holding me close when we were dancing, and now even blatantly flirting with me when I ask you to do something.” She pokes him in the chest with her hoof. “Don’t do this to me, man. Things always end badly when I get close to my friends. I’m not interested in a relationship!”

Sonic blinks dumbfounded at the mare’s outburst and then glares at her as he bats her hoof way from his chest. “I was just saying something that was true and I was holding you close because that’s what you do during a slow dance. Though as for the last thing,” He trails off as if pondering a proper answer as he grin widely at the mare. “I was just messing with you.”

Vinyl let out a sigh as she shakes her head. “I’m sorry, Needles. I got a little carried away there.”

“Ya think?”

“Yeah, I’m just not used to somepony being so forward with me.”

“Apology accepted.”

------

A certain cyan mare chugs a wooden mug of something as she sit at the clubs bar. She slams the empty mug onto the counter and notions the bartender for a refill.

“Really, putting those away aren’t ya Dash? Applejack mocks as she plops down next to the Pegasus and nod to the bartended when he motions to other mare’s drink.

“So what If I am!” Rainbow Dash fires back defensively as she chugs another mug full of the mysterious liquid.

The wheat colored mare glances as a few of the patrons as the bar before responding. “Aren’t ya supposed to be sharing those bits with Sugar Hog?”

“Oh he’ll get his share. I’m...I’m a just spending a few of mine in the meantime.”

Applejack rolls her eyes at the mare’s comment. “Sure thing Dash, I bet Sonic will be real happy that he helped you get that hangover ya gonna have in the mornin’.”

“Bah!” Rainbow Dash replies as she bats the air. “I’m perfectly fine. Just need a minute to get my …bearings.”

The wheat colored mare slams her empty mug on the counter and lets out a dissatisfied sigh. “What the hay was that?” She turns to the bartended. “Can ya mix ma up a Blackjack, rather than this swill ya'll call liquor?”

“M-make that two!” Rainbow Dash mutters out as she balances herself onto the bar.

------

Sonic watches the cyan mare conversation with the apple bucking mare as they consume the new drink. “Well there goes my night.” He turns to Vinyl. “Think I could crash at your place till she sobers up?”

The music mare opens her mouth to respond, but is cut off as a certain party pony appears out of nowhere.

“Hey Spiky, I heard you had a problem.”

“How did you...” Sonic trails off as he drags his hand across his face. “Never mind. Yeah, my current mode of flight travel is busy getting too smashed to fly, so I’m going to need…”
Pinkie springs towards the hedgehog. “I can help with that.”

“Really?”

“Yepper-skepper!” The mare bounces as she motions towards the door. “Follow me.”

Sonic raises an eyebrow to exiting mare and then turns back to Vinyl. “Uh, I’ll be right back.

The mare mock salutes him as he turns to follow the pink mare.

------

Leading the hedgehog out of the club and down the street, the pink party mare bounces happily humming a familiar tune.

“So, uh Pinkie. What did you want to show me?” Sonic inquires as he sticks close to the mare.

The pink mare stops dead in her tracks and snaps her head towards Sonic. “Oh, that right. I was going to show you something.”

The blue hedgehog lets out a heavy sigh. “Yeah, it was something to help with current drunken pilot.”

Pinkie giggles mischievously and bats at the air with a dismissive swing. “I have something way better than that, but first.” She motions Sonic to approach her. ”I need you to do something for me.”

“Sure what is it?”

The pink mare whispers something into the hedgehog’s ear; giggling slightly as she pulls away.

“That’s it?” Sonic asks scratching his head in disbelief.

Pinkie nods. “Those are my demands, think you can fulfill them?”

The hedgehog scratches one of his ears as he continues to stand before the mare. “Uh sure, but one question.”

“Shoot.”

“Back or front?”

------

Two glass mugs slam onto the bar’s countertop. Bits of foam still sitting on the bottom of each as the mugs holds release them.

“Ha, what did I tell you?” Rainbow Dash boasts. “No problem!”

Applejack tilts her hat up to meet the mare’s gaze. “Well that’s mighty impressive, but ya think you can do another?”

“Anytime, anywhere.” The mare boasts staggering a bit as she holds on to the bar’s rail.

“Oh, please you can’t even stand after three. You think you’ll be any better off after having another.” A smug slurred voice says from the end of the bar. Prompting the two to turn to a very intoxicated Twilight.
“You got something to say?” Rainbow Dash fires back as she leaps off her stool. And turns towards the snarky mare.
The lavender mare takes a drink from a nearby glass. “Yeah I do!” Twilight states as she steps off of her own stool and staggers towards the cyan mare.

Now come on you two,” Applejack begins stepping between the two. “No need to get ya tails bent out of shape.”

------

A loud snap shakes the quiet town as a certain blue hedgehog skids to a stop; holding a familiar pink mare’s legs as she rides on his shoulders.

“Well that was fun.” Pinkie states as she climbs off the blue hedgehog.

Sonic smirks. “They don’t call me the fastest thing alive for nothing.”

“Let’s just hope it doesn’t mean ‘everything’ is fast.” The mare says with a smirk and motions the hedgehog to follow. “Come on, it’s just around the corner.”

The blue hedgehog blinks at the mare’s statement. “What do you mean by ‘everything’?”

“Just follow me, silly. I’m sure it’s not true.”

Sonic follows the pink party pony to a small section behind Sugar Cube Corner; stopping at a large object covered in a tarp.

“Uh, what is this?”
Pinkie bites a piece of the tarp and begins to pull it away.” You’ll see in a sec, now give me a hoof with this.”

The blue hedgehog complies and grabs a piece of the fabric tarp and gives it a hard tug; revealing a strange machine underneath.

“Uh Pinkie?”

“Yeah Spiky, what’s up?”

Sonic scratches his head. “I’m a little confused here. Are you going to give me a ride in this or are you letting me have this?”

“It’s yours, silly.” Pinkie Pie says as she pulls the last part of the tarp off the machine and tosses it over her shoulder.

“Buy why?”

Pinkie suddenly appears next to Sonic; causing him to jump back a bit. The pink mare turns toward the blue hedgehog and stands on her hind legs; resting her forelegs on his solders to sturdy herself as she meet his gaze.

“It’s the least I could do.” The mare trails off as she places her lips onto the hedgehogs. Sonic freezes for a moment at Pinkie’s abrupt action. The sensation of the mare’s sudden kiss breaks him away from his stupor as he wraps his arms around her and returns the gesture. Pinkie gasps for a moment before doing the same.

The two stand like this for a few moments, holding each other close as continue to explore the insides of each other’s mouth. Till pinkie breaks the embrace and returns to her hooves.

“Oh, that was good.” She chirps. “I think I’ll have another.”

The mare leaps back into the hedgehog’s arms and gives him another passionate kiss; a bit less forceful this time. Pinkie breaks away once again and takes a deep breath.

Pinkie smiles sheepishly at the stunned hedgehog before her. “Ha, ha, Sorry.”

Sonic blinks away his shock and turns towards the mare. “Uh, when did this happen? I had no idea you had ‘those’ kind of feelings for me.”
The pink mare stifles a giggle. “No silly that was thanks for saving the town.”

“I thought that’s why you gave me that flying thing.” Sonic deadpans as he motions to the large craft besides him.

“Can’t it be both?” Pinkie asks with a stern tone.

“Sure, but…”

“Good!” The mare replies with a smile. “Here, I’ll show you how it works.”

------

“If you have something to say Egghead, than say it!” Rainbow Dash demands as she tries to bypass Applejack and lunge at the lavender mare.

“Fine I will.” Twilight says in a huff. “You are nothing but an attention hogging show off.”

The cyan mare’s wings flair out. “You take that back!”

“Uh, it’s kind of true Dash.” Applejack states as she continues to hold the mare back.

Rainbow Dash lets out a snort. “Yeah, but I don’t want to hear it from a pony that has her head so far up her flank that she can’t see the big picture.”

Energy starts crackling around Twilight’s horn. “WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”

------

“So, just pull this one to retract the propeller thingy and this one to make it move forward.” Pinkie says as she motions to the vehicles controls. “Simple right?”

Sonic chuckles at the remark. “Yeah it actually is, but how do you power this thing. From what I can tell, you guy haven’t discovered fossil fuels yet.”

“Fossil what now?”

The hedgehog holds out his hand and shakes his head. “Never mind, what makes this thing go anyway.”

“Magic.” Pinkie states plainly.

“No, I’m serious.”

“So am I.”

Sonic frowns at the mare for her vague reply, but dons upon something as he snaps his fingers; pulling out of a small driver device out of thin air and hold it toward Pinkie.

“What’s that?” She asks.

“Magic.”

Pinkie grins at the comment. “That should do it, if not one of those shiny rocks you carry.” She motions in the direction the club is located at. “I got to get back; can you handle things from here?”

“No problem.” Sonic boasts as he pulls out several chaos drives of various colors. “I have to pick up a few things first. I’ll meet you there.”

“Okie dokie lokie.”

Sonic walks towards the mare and places a hand on her shoulder. “Thanks Pinkie, you’re a good friend.”

The pink mare smiles brightly and begins to trot towards the club. “Don’t mention it, Sonic.

With a sudden gust of wind the hedgehog disappears from sight. Leaving a now frowning Pinkie Pie, standing in the middle of the street. “What if I wanted to be more than just friends?”