• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 10,823 Views, 412 Comments

Sonic: Chaos in Equestria - Snicket



Sonic makes an unplanned stop to the land of Equestria

  • ...
29
 412
 10,823

Barren Straights

"Well… this is a surprise. I always just figured you saw me as a close friend at best, but now..." the blue hedgehog trails off as he notices tears starting to fall from the mare's face. "What's wrong? Why are you crying? Please don’t cry, I can’t handle girls crying, a horde of robots is easy, but I don’t know what to do! Was it something I said or-" he rambles on fretfully. The lavender mare gives the hedgehog a confused look, only then realizing that she was indeed crying.

Twilight tries to wipe the tears away and puts on a smile for the worried hedgehog. "Th-they’re… tears of joy. Yeah, tears of joy. I'm just so, uh, happy that I g-got this off my chest."

Sonic grows even more concerned at the blatant lie the mare tried to feed him. "No, something is definitely wrong. There’s something about your eyes… they look just like when we first met. But that was only after..." The blue hedgehog's eyes widen as something clicks inside his head. "...You did that magic thing and got a bunch of my memories crammed in your head." Sonic's face twists in horror as he holds Twilight's tearstained face in his hands. "When did this happen, how much this time?"

The lavender mare blushes profusely at the feel of his hands and attempts to turn away, only to have the hedgehog gently move her head back to face him, sending her heart all aflutter. She bites her lip, somewhat unwilling to share what had happened, but the pleading and worry shining in the hedgehog’s emerald eyes push her to respond. "Earlier today, when you went...'dark', I tried to undo whatever Discord had done to you and get you back to your normal self, but something went wrong and I got even more of your memories.” Sonic frowns at the mare's words as he's reminded of the event earlier. “But that didn’t change a thing!" Twilight claims as she pushes downward on the bed and returns to a half kneeling position. "I know the difference between past and present, obsession and love, fake and real, l-" the mare is cut off from her rant as gloved finger presses itself against her lips.

"It’s alright." Sonic states as he removes his hand from the mare's mouth. "I'm just worried that you’re not thinking straight, given all that’s happened tonight."

Twilight frowns at the comment, but it softens into a smile as she leans over and kisses Sonic on the lips. A wave of ecstasy washes over her as she finds herself becoming more passionate, and, to her surprise, having the action returned in kind. The two break apart and merely embrace for a moment that seems to negate the passing of time, making the few minutes they were wrapped up in each others’ arms seem like hours.

Twilight is the first to break from the embrace, smiling at the grinning hedgehog next to her. "I'm not some silly filly with a crush. I've felt this way for a long time.” Her smile falls to be replaced by a downtrodden look. “I simply haven’t had the courage to speak up until now."

Sonic stretches his right hand to brush a lock of hair out of Twilight’s face, only for it to be taken in her right foreleg and nuzzled against her cheek. "Though I understand that you’re worried that I’m not in my usual state of mental stability. I won’t push you for a response." Her smile returns in full. "Though I think I already know what you’re going to say." Sonic smiles back at the mare as she slides to the furthest edge of the bed, away from Sonic.

"You’re not going back to your bed?" Sonic inquires as he cocks his head at the lavender mare.

"Nope," Twilight replies with a small grin on her face.

“Do I really smell so bad that you need to sleep all the way over there?” Sonic teases playfully, sniffing his hand to emphasize his point. Twilight giggles softly. “C’mere,” he says, patting the spot on the bed right beside him. Twilight complies, scooting back over before laying back on the surprisingly furry pillow. Confused, she leans forward slightly to see why the pillow is so fuzzy, only to find that the pillow had been replaced by the hedgehog’s arm. After a moment of hesitation, Twilight laid her head back down on the hedgehog’s arm, the soft fur and solid muscle combining to make a rather comfortable pillow. Sighing contentedly, she snuggles closer to the hedgehog, brushing her muzzle against his chest.

Twilight feels Sonic shake slightly as the blue hedgehog lets out a small chuckle. "You’re lucky I’m too much of a gentleman to take advantage of this situation." The lavender Unicorn smiles back and gives him a quick peck on the lips. "Down boy."

------
A trio of fillies trot through the streets of Ponyville, each donning what appears to be some sort of Girl Scout uniform, complete with matching hats bearing the Cutie Mark Crusader insignia. A small orange Pegasus pulls a wagon stacked with several boxes.

"You sure this is going to work?" a skeptical Scootaloo asks as she turns to the yellow filly.

"Positive," Apple Bloom responds with a confident smile. "We just gotta find the right pony."

Sweetie Belle springs up into the air with joy. "Yay, we’re going to get our Cutie Marks!"

Apple Bloom turns to the happy Unicorn and then back to the road ahead. "Not until we sell all a’ these.”

The three Crusaders stop in front of a small dark green house with bright orange shutters and a brilliant red door. "Alright girls this is it, the day we get our Cutie Marks!" Apple Bloom boasts as she starts towards the door with the other crusaders behind her.

"Let’s do it!" The small orange pony adds, flaring up her wings in excitement.

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo stop in front of the large white door. The yellow filly extends her hoof towards the door and prepares to give it a knock. Grinning with confidence, the three Crusaders exchange ecstatic looks as Apple Bloom gives the door a few solid knocks.

A male green Unicorn answers the door. "Well hello girls, what can I do for you?"

Apple Bloom clears her throat. "Good mornin’ sir, might we interest you in some chocolate?"

The Unicorn’s eyes go wide. "Did you say chocolate?"

Sweetie Belle appears next to the yellow mare. "Yes sir! With or without nuts?"

The Unicorn's right eye begins to twitch. "Chocolate?...Chocolate!" Apple Bloom and the other Crusaders exchange nervous looks while the stallion's head starts to twitch and he starts to froth at the mouth. "CCCCCCHHHHHHHOOOOOOOCCCCCCCOOOOOOLLLLLLAAAAAATTTTTEEEEEEEE!"

The three Crusaders scream at the terrifying display and flee from the apparently rabid Unicorn.

------

Spike opens his eyes blearily and then instantly shuts them as the sunlight of the new day shines directly into his face. The young dragon lets out a groan and rolls back to face the Unicorn’s bed. "Is it morning already?" he mutters sleepily, not bothering to open his eyes as he expected an instant reply from the mare, teasing him about being a sleepy little dragon.

“…”

“Twilight?” When his expected response isn’t heard, a concerned Spike forces his eyes open peers at the bed. Seeing it empty, he turns to face the blue hedgehog's as he moves to stand up and spots the missing mare cuddling up to said hedgehog.

The dragon’s eyebrow starts to twitch as he clenches his teeth in rage. He storms up to the bed in front of him. "What's going on here?" Spike demands as he stops before the sleeping hedgehog on the right side of the bed.

Sonic lets out a loud yawn and turns over to face the small dragon standing at his bedside. "What’s with all the racket, little dude?"

The small dragon continues to give the hedgehog a dirty look. "Don't ‘little dude’ me!" Spike scolds, drawing a perplexed and concerned expression from Sonic.

"Whoa, chill out, Spike. What's eating you?" Sonic asks as he raises an eyebrow at the dragon's rage.

"What's eating me?” the dragon snaps. "Twilight is in your bed."

Sonic turns to the sleeping mare as she sleeps peacefully, nuzzled up against him, then back to the dragon. "Yeah… so?"

The hedgehog suddenly grins at the small dragon. "Wait a minute, you think we...?" Sonic holds a hand to his mouth in an attempt to hold back his laughter, but fails and bursts into a fit of laughter, much to the Dragon's annoyance. The raucous laughter stirred the lavender mare from her slumber, prompting her to sit up and look at the hedgehog and dragon blearily.

"W-what's going on?” Twilight mutters as she rubs the sleep out her eyes. Sonic turns to the lavender mare beside him.

"Spike thinks we... did some stuff last night."

Twilight raises an eyebrow at the response. "Stuff? What sort of 'stuff'?"

The hedgehog's grin grows even wider. "You know. The horizontal shuffle.” He’s met with a blank stare from the mare. “Getting busy.” Stare. “The locomotion?”

“…”

“…Coitus?"

The gears start to turn in the mare's head as she processes metaphors. Something seems to click as she suddenly blushes and pulls the blanket over her head in an attempt to hide her embarrassment. "No! Sweet Celestia, no! Why would anypony think that?" Twilight shrieks from beneath the blanket.

Sonic turns to face the dragon beside the bed. "I don't know, but it seems a certain dragon thought that we had gone through various shenanigans." Twilight pops her head out from under the blanket and stares at a now confused Spike.

"Well you see, um, I, uh..." the small dragon trails off, as he realizes he had overreacted.

"I’ve got it," Sonic claims as he snaps his finger and turns to the mare beside him. "It’s because of this insane bedhead, right?" Spike nods sheepishly. The hedgehog runs a hand through the giant puff of hair as he attempts to fix the pony's mane with little success. "I have to say, this is probably the third worst case of bedhead I’ve ever seen,” Sonic says as he attempts to disentangle his hand from the mass of mane.

“Only third?” Spike asks with a chuckle. “What were the first and second like?” A shiver ran down the hedgehog’s spine as he recalled the nightmarish bedheads that had terrified the living daylights out of him when he had first seen them.

“You don’t want to know. It’d give you nightmares. Now, onto your little nightmare of a hairdo. Maybe if I..." he mutters as he tries to flatten out the frizz on the side, only to have a new section puff out on the other side. "Tricky little bugger, eh? Then how about..." he mashes Twilight’s mane down completely, only for it to puff back up as he removes his hands.

Twilight lets out a small squeak and tries to bat his hand away. "Stop that, it tickles. The mare giggles as the hedgehog tries again, only to let out a groan of frustration as the mane poofs back up. "I give up, you ponies know more about the secrets of hair styling than I do." The mare lets out another short laugh as she uses her magic to levitate a brush to her head and begins to tame her unruly mane.

"You just need the right tools." Sonic shrugs at this and slides out of bed. "How that one little brush can manage to that into your regular hairstyle simply baffles me." Twilight rolls her eyes at the hedgehog’s comment and turns her attention to Sonic as he starts to exit the room.

"Where’re you going?" The blue hedgehog points down the staircase.

"Bathroom, be right back." Twilight nods and Sonic exits the room and down the stairs.

Spike watches the hedgehog leave and then turns back to Twilight, who seems mesmerized by something. "Uuuh Twilight?" The mare snaps out of whatever daze she was in and turns to the young dragon next to her.

"Yeah, Spike?" The dragon raises a brow at the mare's expression.

"What exactly happened last night? You usually don't cozy up to someone in their bed."

A small blush dusts Twilight’s face as she smiles sheepishly and turns away. "I told him how I feel."

Spike’s eyes widen. "You confessed? How’d he take it?"

The mare's smiles fades a bit. "Not how I’d hoped he would." The dragon frowns at the vague response. "What do you mean?"

Twilight opens her mouth to respond, but is cut off by the sudden appearance of a certain blue hedgehog as he knocks on the door frame. "I’m back." He pauses in the doorway, glancing between the mare and dragon. “Am I interrupting something here?” The mare shakes her head. "Good. So, Twilight, I was wondering if you had any plans later today. I could really use your help with something.”

Twilight nods. "Of course I'll help. What is it?"

"Long story, but I need everyone in on this for it to work. I'll fill you in after I round everyone up. Meet me at the outskirts of town in twenty minutes.” He takes a couple of paces out the door before turning right back around and coming back. “I almost forgot, bring your crown thing and that note Princess Celestia sent you," Sonic adds, then taking his leave. The lavender mare and small dragon exchange odd looks with one another as the hedgehog leaves the room.

------

Twilight trots to a small clearing just outside of town and is greeted by a few of the other Element Bearers, only Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash absent. Each is wearing their own respective Element and looking around with varying degrees of confusion. Applejack is the first to notice the approaching mare and trots over to greet her. "Howdy Twi, Sugar hog roped you into this too?" Twilight nods. "Do ya happen ta know what he needed us for? He didn’ tell me anythin’."

Twilight lets out a sigh. "Sorry, but he left me in the dark too. He did say that whatever he needs us for is important, though. Wonder what it is?”

As if on cue, Sonic appears before the four mares with Rainbow Dash in tow. The hedgehog claps his hands together in enthusiasm. "Alright now that everyone is here..." Sonic trails off as he notices the missing yellow mare. "Ok, almost everyone,” he adds as he turns towards the missing Pegasus’s cottage.

"Hold up for a sec, Sugarhog," Applejack says as she trots over to the blue hedgehog.

"What’s up, AJ?" Sonic inquires as he turns to the wheat colored mare.

"You alright? When ya came an’ got me this mornin’, ya’ll seemed a little… on edge. Then last night, you acted like you’d lost a few apples from yer basket. Somethin’ ya want ta talk about?"

The blue hedgehog gives the mare his usual expression, further worrying the pony. "Nah, I’m fine for now, just need to get this done sooner rather than later."

Applejack places a foreleg on the hedgehog's shoulder. "If somethin’s botherin' ya, ya’ll can always tell me. Ah’m a mighty good listener."

Sonic smiles at the mare's comment and places a hand on the mare's hoof. "The thought’s appreciated, but if everything goes smoothly today, I'll be walking on sunshine."

Applejack cocks her head to the side. "Whaddaya mean by that?"

Sonic chuckles softly and slides the mare's hoof off his shoulder. "You’ll see soon enough, but I gotta jam, be right back," the blue hedgehog adds as he dashes off. Applejack opens her mouth to retort, but is left literally eating the hedgehog’s dust as he sprints off.

The five mares frown at the hedgehog's dust trail. Rarity trots over to the now alone Twilight as she continues to frown in the direction Sonic dashed off in. "Darling, do you know what this is all about?" Rarity asks as she closes the gap between herself and the lavender mare. Twilight shakes her head, prompting an annoyed flick of the hair from the white unicorn. "I figured if he was going to tell anypony, it would have been you." The mare shrugs again.

"Sonic simply told me to come here before he left this morning," Twilight replies as a small smile creeps its way onto her slightly reddened face.

Rarity raises an eyebrow at the mare's comment, but suddenly breaks into a grin as she picks up on the mare's body language. “Did something happen last night, Twilight? It must’ve been quite the experience. Was he gentle? He seems like he would be." The white mare lets out a small squeal of excitement as she leans in close to Twilight. "You simply must give me all the juicy details."

Twilight's slightly pink face becomes a violent red at the white unicorn’s implications. "What? No! No no no no no, nothing like that happened!" Twilight protests.

"Then what did happen?" Rarity asks with a bit less enthusiasm. "You're positively glowing, darling."

Twilight glances left and right to make sure everypony else is out of ear shot. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie are engaged in their own conversation a ways away. The lavender mare turns back to Rarity, who’s still eagerly awaiting a reply. Twilight takes a deep breath, before responding, "I told Sonic how I feel about him." The white Unicorn excitedly claps her hooves. "And what did he say?" Twilight looks away with a bit of a sad expression. "He didn't. Sonic said he wanted to get everything straightened out before he committed to anything.” Rarity releases the mare's hooves and gives her an odd look. "And you actually believe that?" Twilight turns back to the mare, her face more serious. "Well, after what happened last night, yes, I do."

Rarity recalls the events the prior night. A discorded/possessed Sonic viciously attacked the Master of Chaos, almost killing him in the process, only to break down in tears after he's freed from the negative influence and the situation is resolved.

The white mare nods slowly. "Fair enough. Maybe it is best that we give him some time." Twilight gives the Unicorn a small smile, but it quickly forms into a troubled one. "I'm not sure what do beyond this point, though. I’ve never done anything like this before. What do I do?"

Rarity raises an eyebrow at the mare's question. "Darling, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not in any sort of relationship either." Twilight nods.

"Yes, but have at least been in one...or several, while I'm completely new to this… whatever this is.”

Rarity frowns at the mare's statement. "That’s a peculiar way of asking somepony for help."

Twilight grins apologetically at the mare. "Sorry, I kind of assumed you’d been through this sort of thing before, what with you being… you know."

The white Unicorn's expression softens. "Fair enough. I will admit, I have had my share of relationships. I dare say I’m something of an expert now." Rarity flicks a flock of hair away from her face and places her right foreleg on Twilight's shoulder.

"First of all, I know that you’ve probably read dozens of books that have given you advice about what to do what you’re in love, dating, etcetera-“

“Seventeen, actually.”

“…I see. Well, I need you to forget all of that rubbish. What happens from now on is different for everypony, and you can’t let some dusty old book tell you how to go through your relationship. You need to let it take its own course.

“Second, you can't half-sass this anymore. You've told him how you feel, so just hinting at your affection won’t cut it anymore. Be proud of your feelings, don’t hide them away or feel embarrassed by them.

“Third, don't feel the need to rush this. Go at whatever pace you feel comfortable with. Fourth, don’t let yourself be put in a situation you're not comfortable with, though I doubt Sonic would ever put you in such a predicament.

“And finally, most importantly, be yourself. Up until this point, you haven't tried to put on any facade when you've spoken with him. That’s good. Don’t feel like you need to change your entire being for him. Let him like you for who you are, not who you pretend to be.”

"You make is sound so easy," Twilight retorts as she lets out a heavy sigh.

"It’s not in the slightest." Rarity comments. "There is no guide or direction on how to go about this sort of thing (at least that work anyway). Though you do have one thing that should keep his interest, should all else fail."

The mare's ears perk up." What's that?"

The white Unicorn smiles. "Well, other than your good looks, you have his trust. Yes, of course he trusts us all, that goes without saying. However, Sonic has confided in you pretty much since he got here and I think it's because you were the first to give him the benefit of a doubt.” Rarity slides her foreleg off the mare's shoulder. "Simply be patient and be there for him, so when the poor dear has slayed his inner demons, he'll know that you truly care for him."

A small smile appears on Twilight's face at the mare's advice and words of encouragement. "Thanks, Rarity." A warm smile spreads across the white Unicorn’s face.

"No problem, darling. I try to help those I can."

Twilight nods. "Another reason why you're the Element of Generosity."

Rarity nods and turns her attention towards a certain pink party pony. "Though I did say to move at your own pace, you might not want to drag your hooves more than necessary. I imagine that you're not the only mare who has her eye on him." Twilight raises an eyebrow at the mare's comment. “Pinkie dear, can you come over here for a minute?" The pink mare nods and springs towards the white Unicorn.

"What are you doing?" Twilight asks, fairly confused at her companion’s actions.

"Oh nothing, just making a point."

------

Applejack and Rainbow Dash watch as Pinkie Pie joyfully springs towards the two Unicorns. "Ah wonder why Rarity needs Pinkie," the wheat colored pony comments as she tilts her head slightly at Pinkie's beckoning.

"It’s probably not a big deal. Probably just Rarity trying to get Pinkie Pie to do something for her," Rainbow Dash adds, turning her attention back to the earth pony in front of her. "So anyway, AJ," the cyan mare begins. "Can I ask you something?”

Applejack turns back towards the Pegasus and gives her a solemn nod. "Course, Sugar cube, what's on your mind?"

Rainbow Dash nervously scratches the back of her head with a hoof. "See I have this friend and she's totally awesome and stuff, but lately she's been kinda out of it."

Applejack raises an eyebrow at the mare's comment. "Really? And why is this 'friend’ of yers not doin’ so well?"

Rainbow Dash takes a few quick glances around them to make sure nobody could hear before responding. "Well she has sort of a crush on another awesome pony...who’s not exactly a normal pony."

The wheat colored mare lets out a heavy sigh. "Sugar cube, Ah know most of our friends, and there ain’t one o’ them you'd consider 'awesome' except fer yerself one fella. So, what Ah gather is that ya’ll’ve got feelings for Sugar hog and don't know how ta say it."

Rainbow Dash’s eyes widen in shock. "How did you...never mind. Yeah, I admit it, I like hanging around with Sonic. But I’m not sure if it's just because we both like to go as fast as possible or that I’m starting to like him."

Applejack taps her chin with her hoof. "Well, that's somethin’ that only yer heart knows. Ya’ll have to figure that one out on your own, but remember ta stay honest ta yer heart."

The cyan mare lets out a loud snort. "Gee, thanks, that’s so helpful," she replies sarcastically.

"Anytime, pardner," the apple-bucking pony responds as she grins at the Pegasus in front of her.

------

"So, what's up, guys?” Pinkie Pie begins as she springs towards the two Unicorns.

Rarity glances at Twilight, then back at the pink party pony with a sheepish smile on her face. "Pardon me for being a bit blunt, but do you have feelings for Sonic?"

The Pinkie Pie grins springs forward. "Of course, silly! Spiky is my bestest-best friend....I mean other than you guys of course."

The white Unicorn shakes her head. "No, no, Pinkie dear, not like that. I mean do you 'like like' him? Would you want him to be your special somepony someday?"

Pinkie glances at Twilight before turning back to Rarity with a giant grin on her face. "Oh, I know what this is!"

The white Unicorn tilts her head. "You do?"

Pinkie Pie nods. "This is one of those things where you ask me what I’d do if I was in somepony else’s position and had to do something that they need to do, and I’d have to be like, ‘Hm, if I was somepony else, I wouldn’t be Pinkie Pie, but if I wasn’t Pinkie Pie, then why would I be answering this question? How would I even know that I’m not Pinkie Pie but somepony else if I’m put in the same situation as somepony else? *gasp* Am I Pinkie Pie right now? I mean, I look like a Pinkie Pie and sound like a Pinkie Pie, but am I Pinkie Pie? Oh man! What if I’m not Pinkie Pie but somepony else! Then I wouldn’t be able know know everypony! I want to be Pinkie Pie! Can I be Pinkie Pie?"

Rarity and Twilight exchange looks. "Well darling, you are most certainly Pinkie Pie, if that’ll make you feel better."

“Whew! For a second there, I thought I wasn’t Pinkie Pie!”

"Back to the query you originally posed about this being a hypothetical situation, I would say that you’re half right, though I was asking if you personally saw Sonic as more than a friend."

Pinkie ponders this question for a few moment. "You know I never really thought about it. I think-"

SCREEEECH

The sound of rubber screeching to a halt cuts off the party pony. The five turn towards the sound to see merely a large cloud of dust and dirt along with what appears to be the tracks of a cart. As the dust settles, the thing that had caused such a sound is easily seen.

Sonic stands in the middle of the small dust cloud, pulling a small rickshaw-like cart with the chest Celestia sent the Elements in and a fairly frazzled Fluttershy in it. "Oh my goodness." The yellow Pegasus mutters as she slowly releases her death grip on the outside of the rickshaw and tries to regain her bearings.

The five mares gather around Sonic and the cart, with varying expressions of confusion, shock, and amusement. "Where the hay did you go?" Applejack demands as she closes the gap between them.

"Oh, here and there,” Sonic responds as he puts down the cart and begins to massage his right shoulder. "Had to pick up Fluttershy, obviously,” he gestures towards the yellow Pegasus, "borrowed a cart, swung by the library to grab that trunk that arrived last night, ran into Spike, he had a letter for Twilight, so I grabbed that, and… that's about it, I think. Hope you don’t mind I borrowed one of your carts, Applejack."

Applejack and the other Element Bearers talk amongst themselves as Sonic hops into the cart and offers a now calm Fluttershy a hand in getting out. At her hesitation to accept the hand, though, he scoops her up in his arms and leaps out of the cart, landing a few feet in front of it. "You know, for being the size that you are, you’re actually really light, you know that?"

The yellow mare grins shyly at the comment. "Thanks, I think."

Sonic sets the Pegasus on the ground and claps his hands together, gaining the Mane Six's attention. "I think that’s everything. Now, if you ladies will follow me…" the blue hedgehog begins as he grabs the cart and begins pulling it further away from town.

"Where we going, Spiky?" Pinkie Pie asks as she bounces beside the blue hedgehog.

"You'll see when we get there." The blue hedgehog reaches for something behind his back and pulls out a scroll with the Sun Princess's seal on it. "I almost forgot, this came for you, Twilight."

------

After a short walk, the six mares and hedgehog come to the furthest outskirts of Ponyville, where a certain Draconequus statue stands. Everyone, except for Twilight, lets out a collective gasp as they spot the petrified Discord, while Twilight remains fixed on the piece of hovering parchment in front of her. The mare looks up from her scroll at the sudden sound. "What's going…oh." Twilight trails off as she notices the familiar statue in front of her.

The ponies exchange worried looks as Sonic removes the trunk from the small cart and places it on the ground by the statue. "Sugar hog, what're we doin’ all the way out here?" Applejack inquires, a hint of worry penetrating her voice.

The blue hedgehog flips the lid of the truck open and points to the six slots within its purple velvet inner lining. "According to the letter that came with this, you need to put the Elements back in here to get back to the castle.”

Twilight raises an eyebrow in disbelief. "You don't mean-?"

Sonic nods. "Yep, we’re going back to Canterlot."

"Ugh, we have to take that slow train again?" Rainbow Dash whines, much to the other mares’ annoyance.

"Not quite," the blue hedgehog begins. "We're taking the express route."

The cyan mare tilts her head. "There’s an express route?"

“Oh yeah.” Sonic grins as he points to Twilight. "We’re going the way this thing got here."

Seeing the other mares aren’t following, Twilight trots next to the blue hedgehog with the rewrapped scroll hovering in front of her. "It would appear the letter the Princess sent me was a return spell for the trunk and…" she trails off as she turns towards the Draconequus statue, "Discord."

Rainbow Dash trots towards the lavender mare and blue hedgehog. "So, we’re using this spell to hitch a ride back to Canterlot?" Sonic nods. "Cool."

“However,” the blue hedgehog holds up a finger to emphasize his point, “what I’m planning on won’t work unless I have you all there together. And I won’t lie to you, it could be a bit dangerous. I won’t force you to come with me, but what you do today could prevent something even worse than Discord from taking over Equestria. So…what do you say?"

Without hesitation, Rainbow Dash removes her Element and places it in its rightful spot inside the trunk. "I'm with you buddy."

Followed by Applejack. "Me too, Sugar hog.”

Rarity. "As am I."

Pinkie Pie. "I'm always ready to help a friend!"

Fluttershy. “I’ll do it. I mean, if you need me to, that is."

Twilight remains the only one in the group still holding her Element. Sonic removes it and spins the tiara around his right index finger. "I need everyone in on this." The mare nods and uses her magic to place her Element into the trunk before closing the lid.

"Now Ah’m with ya through n’ through, Sugar hog," Applejack begins. "But why do we need ta all go to the Castle?"

The blue hedgehog crosses his arms behinds his head. "Let’s just say I need to have a good long talk with the ruling party here." He turns to the lavender mare. "Twilight, will you do the honors?" An arcane circle appears around the statue and trunk. "All aboard!" Sonic exclaims as the other mares leap within the circle just as another ring appears. Red energy pulsates from Twilight’s horn as everyone stands within the now revolving circle.

Another more detailed ring appears around the small one circling the trunk. "All right everyone, hang on! This is going to be a bumpy ride!" the blue hedgehog yells as the crackling white energy starts to consume the group. It surrounds them, whirring and crackling faster and louder, and then a bright flash of white and they’re gone. Nothing is left giving any indication of their presence there except for a deep square imprint of where the statue had once stood.

**Next Chapter Preview:


Celestia: "That is indeed an interesting tale, but where do I fit into this?"

Sonic: "Something big is about to to go down and I'm going to need your help."

Luna: "We would be honored to assist in this matter."

Pinkie Pie: "Oh boy, here we go!"

Author's Note:

Everyone's favorite lavender mare, seeks advice for her journey down unfamiliar terrain. As our hero rounds of the remaining mane 6 for a trip to the Castle of Equestria.

What lies ahead for our group? Why does Sonic need to return to Caterlot? Will a certain unicorn's feelings bare fruit?

Find out next time, on Chaos in Equestria!