• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 10,779 Views, 412 Comments

Sonic: Chaos in Equestria - Snicket



Sonic makes an unplanned stop to the land of Equestria

  • ...
29
 412
 10,779

The One Mare Show

A small crowd gathers around a certain unicorn performer's stages as she continues her shtick. "Gather round and be amazed as the Great and Powerful Trixie. Tells of her slaying of the evil serpent that terrorized the sands of Saddle Arabia, the taming of the demons of Tartarus, her travels across the..."

Sonic lets out an amused snort as he watches the pony boast of her 'adventures.' "Even in this world, they have 'those' type of performers." The hedgehog muses as he turns and continues his trek, only to catch a glimps of his reflection in a store window.

"Jeez, that Dash can throw a mean right hook." Sonic states as he rubs the side of his face and cringes as he touches his touches an already swollen right eye. "Got to remember not to piss her off next time." He lets out a heavy sigh and drops his head. "Still, I'm not going to make it far in this condition." Sonic adds as he rubs a hoof shaped bruise forming on his stomach.

Venturing down the avenue, the blue hedgehog winces and grabs his side; turning to a narrow alleyway a feet yards away. Noticing a few pairs of reigns and other assorted pieces hanging from the side of a building next to the entrance. Sonic grabs a strap from one from one of the free hanging pieces and runs it though his fingers. "Don't know how or why there are leather straps around here, but it's gonna have to work." He states as he unhooks it and continues down the ally.

Reaching roughly the mid point of the path, Sonic places the strap in his mouth and clenches down. Then removes the blue chaos emerald from its 'hiding spot' behind his back and tosses in between his right and left hands before stopping when it lands in his right. "OK then lets give this a try." Sonic says as he continues to clench down on the leather strap. The hedgehog starts to vibrate at a rapid pace; turning into a burr of blue, peach and red as a faint blue light can be seen above it. Suddenly the 'blur' stops, shoots backwards and crashes into a row of garbage cans.

"Whoa!" Sonic chimes as he lifts a tin lid from his head. "Been a while since i did that." He adds as he holds up a fully healed arm and rubs his now fully restored face..

Springing to his feet, the hedgehog removes the strap from his mouth and inspects his now restored form. "Nice." He says as he gives the gem a quick peck and places it back in it's hiding spot.

Exiting the ally, Sonic inspects the strap before rehanging it next to the others. "Didn't even leave a mark." He states as he steps out into the street and notices a folly of small fireworks near the magic mare's stage. "Wounder what that's all about." A curious Sonic says as he approaches the somewhat dwindled crowd.

------

A top the city of clouds a small group of royal guards stand near a few small groups of pegasus, while others assists in damaged areas of Cloudsdale.
Gilda and Rainbow Dash, sit atop a clouds as they near a few guards as they talk to the three stallions that gave them trouble earlier. "What do you think their telling them?" Gilda asks as she turns to the cyan mare; whose staring blankly into the distance.
"Dash?" The griffon adds as she nudges the mare. "Hun, what?" Rainbow Dash says as she's shaken from her gaze. "You alright?"

The cyan pegasus turns towards the griffon and glares at her angrily. "What do you think?" "Eh, sorry." Gilda says as she holds up her talons in response. Rainbow Dash lets out a sigh and drops her head. "Sorry, I just.."

"Have a lot of you're mind?" Gilda asks, giving the mare a reassuring smile. Causing her to let out a slight laugh. The griffon playfully shrugs. "What? I'm trying to be serious here." Rainbow Dash smirks. "I know what you're trying to do and thanks."

Gilda relaxes her stance and crosses her arms behind her head. "No problem bud." The smile fads from the griffon's face as she turns back towards the cyan mare. "Can i ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"I don't know if it's the right time to ask this, but why did you go all...yellow and crazy like that?"

The cyan mare holds her head with her forelegs and shakes it back and forth. "I don't know, i just remember getting really angry and everything else is pretty much a burr after that."

"Are you two linked or something?...With what ever made Sonic do that?"

Rainbow Dash gives the griffon an inquisitive look before answering. "I don't think so...." The mare trails off. "Why, what did I do?"

"You don't remember?"

The mare shakes her head.

Gilda give the mare a serious look."You snapped and started to pumble him when you got close."

Rainbow Dash's expression goes ridged. "I WHAT!"

The griffon crosses her arms. "Yeah, you speared Sonic and then started to mercessly beat the ever living life out of him. When you went all 'yellow'" Gilda sighs. "If I hadn't stopped you, you probably would have killed him."

Hearing Gilda recall the event, Rainbow Dash to stares at the griffon in disbelief; as her jaw hangs open in shock. "Y-your saying I did that to him?"

The Griffon nods.

The cyan mare leaps to her hoofs."That changes everything. I thought those three did that." Rainbow Dash suddenly flairs out her wings and takes a ready position. "We have to go after him."

"As soon as you answer some questions." A black pegasus in royal armor states as he approaches the group.

------

A series of 'ows' and 'ahs' come from the small crowd as a large assortment of cards fly though the air; surrounded by a light purple aura. Stacking themselves in a rather ornate card house fashion. "Now for my next trick, Trixie must ask that you step back, so as not to end up like the tribes of pegazan; who came too close and almost got burned."

The crowd lets out a few unamused sighs and comments and take several steps back. "Good, now..."The mare continues." The Great and Powerful Trixie, will amaze you with a trick that almost broke apart an empire."

"Didn't you just say it was a tribe." A voice from the crowd states, much to the blue unicorns annoyance.

"Y-yes of course, I ment 'tribe.' I must have been thinking of another one of my great and amazing tricks."

A few ponies in the crowd conversant among themselves regarding the magicians blunder.

"A-as I was saying, prepare to be amazed as you witness something not seen anywhere else in this world."

The magic mares horn starts to glow with a bright light as a green mist starts to sweep across the stage. Only to burst into flames as it consumes it. Rising high into the air, far beyond the decorative sign above the magical performer. Soring the the hights of some of the near by buildings.

Bending in bizarre and unnatural motions, the flames start to form in to various shapes. Varying from woodland creatures to large dragons. As they dance across the towering inferno.

Sonic watches the act in amazement, only to notice that he's the only one who seemed entertained. Which most of the other spectators merely watching the show with a look of un-amazement.
Suddenly the crows starts to boo and hiss the mares performance, causing her to rear back. "How are you boo the Great and Powerful Trixie!" The unicorn snaps as she stomps her front hooves on the stage. Causing the show of flames to waver.

"Get off the stage!" A voice says from in the crowd, as the others voice agreement or continue to boo the performer.

Trixie takes a few steps back as the crowd continues there assault. "B-but I'm the
Great and Powerful..."

"More like the mediocre and barely above average." A orange unicorn says in a mocking tone.

The flames on the stage start to twist and distort, finally breaking apart all together. Revealing to be no more then an allusion.

"See, it was all a trick!" A blue stallion states as he points his right hoof at the performer.

The cries of contempt and malice cut through the mare's ego like a hot knife, causing Trixie to fall to ground, cover her head with her forelegs and close her eyes. Awaiting the eventual rush of the stage. However it never happens, instead the crowd starts to whistle and cheer. Causing the blue unicorn to go ridged.

Cracking open an eye, Trixie spots a certain blue hedgehog on the stage. Doing a exaggerated trap dance as he sways his arms up and down and backflips ever eight or nine steps. "Who dares to try and up stage the Great and Powerful Trixie?" The mare snaps as she removes her forelegs from her head.

The hedgehog smirks. "Sonic. Sonic the hedgehog." He frowns. "And most people usually say thanks when someone saves them."

------

An unamused pegasus stares at certain griffon and cyan pegasus. "So, let me get this straight; those three challenged you to a race around..."

"Actually just dumb-Bell, the rest just blindly followed." Rainbow Dash interjects.

The stallion removes a parchment from under his breast plate and makes a few swipes at it with a pen. "Anyway, 'Dumb-Bell' challenges you to a race around to the cloud factory and back, with the other two just going along with it. Am i right so far?"

The mare nods.

"So when they figured that winning with out cheating was impossible, they..."

"Dumb-Bell, it was him that acted as..."

"....the other two just blindly followed, I think I'm starting to notice a pattern here." The pegasus says with annoyed scoff.

"Just continue." Gilda says as she lets out a sigh.

Very well. So 'Dumb-Bell' figures that playing fare is no longer an option; if he still wants to win so he..." The stallion pears at the scroll with a bewildered look. "Am i reading this right? Knocks your friend Sonic off a cloud. Hoping that you'd throw the race and try and save him." The guard looks up from the scroll. "Now how does a non pegasus stand on top of a cloud with out the use of magic?"

Rainbow Dash shrugs. "Couldn't tell ya, just kind of figured it out one day."

The black pegasus raises an eyebrow at the response. "Anyway..."The stallion continues; looking back at the scroll. "After bing knocked from the cloud. This 'Sonic' turns yellow and .....starts to fly after them?"

The mare nods.

"I think I've herd enough." The guard states as he removed a small horn from his breastplate. Causing the griffon and cyan mare to flinch. "Who ever this 'Sonic' is, is 'apparently' able to break the laws of physics and is able lift from the ground with out wings or magic. I think we've established that." The stallion frowns. "And under any other normal circumstance he would be brought in. However..." The guard smirks. "This is no ware near 'normal'. Plus, given the fact that he can't seem to fly unless in great peril. Begs the question..."

"And what would that be?"

The Pegasus's expression fads at the cyan mare's question. "Can you really hope to charge somepony with something that's impossible?"

The mare and griffon give the royal guard a perplexed look.

"A hero doesn't act on violent aggression, unless theirs a reason. And from what i herd there was one. Which means no crime was committed." The stallion states as he holds the horn to his lips and blows into it; letting out a loud whine noise. "At least not by your friend."

Rainbow Dash; still in shock. Turns to Gilda; whose bearing the same expression.

"So, i seen on reason for us to be here. The 'three stooges' as you call them aren't pressing any charges and other then a few ruffled clouds, nothing seems to be damaged here."

The other guards take flight and hover around the black stallion. "However, when you find your friend, give him this." The black pegasus hands Rainbow Dash a card. " I would still like talk to him."

With a slight nod the stallion takes flight and joins the other guards and notions to the west; which they respond with a slight nod. Following the black stallion as he leaves the city of clouds.

The mare stares at the card in a mixture of shock and horror. "What's wrong Dash?" Gilda asks as she leans over to look at the card, causing her to take a few steps back.

"No way, its..."

"Iron Horse, the new head of the Royal Guard."

------

Sonic continues to entertain the ever growing crowd, as he starts to drum on his stomach and then his chest.

"Trixie is confused, what in the name of Celestia are you doing?"

The blue hedgehog smiles as he backflips and starts to drum on his head. "It's called hamboning."his smile fads. "Though this is the extent of what it more or less is." Sonic states as he drums on his out stretchered leg.

The blue mare tilts her head at his statement.

Sonic scans the area and notices a red electric guitar, leaning against a few props next to the stage. "You play?" The hedgehog asks as he retrieves the guitar.

"Of course the Great and power..aah!" The blue mare lets out a shriek as the guitar is flung in her direction; stopping a few inches from her face by a purple aura. "What is the meaning of this?" The unicorn snaps.

Chucking slightly, Sonic cross his arm as he lands back on the stage. "Sorry, i thought you had it."

Trixie glares at the hedgehog. "And what do you want me to do with 'this'?"

The hedgehog rolls his eyes. "Just play the thing."

Levanting the guitar a few feet away, the blue mare starts to strum the guitar with her magic. Creating familiar sound, causing Sonic's ears to perk up. "No way!" He says turning towards the unicorn. "Keep playing."

Trixie nods and starts to concentrate and; playing the instrument at a faster pace. The blue hedgehog smirks as he turns back towards the crowd and grabs a standing microphone a few feet way. Causing the crowd to cheer and break into a frenzy.

♪ "Thunder, rain, and lightning
Danger, water rising
Clamour, sirens wailing
It's such a bad sign"♪

♪"Shadows of dark creatures
Steel clouds floating in the air
People run for shelter
What's gonna happen to us!?"♪

Sonic turns to the blue mare and gives her a thumbs up, causing the pony to smile. Then back towards the crowd; switching the microphone to his other hand before continuing.

♪ "All the steps we take, all the moves we make, all the pain at stake

I see the chaos for everyone who are we what can we do
You and i are same in the way that we have our own styles that we won't change
Yours is filled with evil and mine's not there is no way i can lose"♪

The blue hedgehog stomps on a panel on the stage; causing a plume of multicolored fireworks to erupt from the stages' rear. Resulting in the crowd letting out a loud cheer.

------

A cyan mare and griffon stand atop a large cloud both bearing a perplexed expression. "I don't get it." Rainbow Dash as she turns to the Gilda; standing besides her. "Why did all this happen? I mean, we just came up here to see the Wonderbolts and now.." The pegasus trails off as she lets out a heavy sigh and drops her head. Gilda places a talon on Rainbow Dash's shoulder, causing the mare to lift her head and turn towards her.

"C'mon it wasn't a total bust." The griffon says in a reassuring tone. The Pegasus's eyes go wide at this statement. "Gilda, I didn't mean that seeing you again a-and..."

The griffon holds a talon out to the pony; signaling her to stop. "I know Dash, I'm just saying that it wasn't all bad today." Gilda smiles. "Besides, we still have to find your friend."

Tears start to run down the cyan mare's face, causing the griffon to grab the pony and hold her in a warm hug. Gilda runs a talon through Rainbow Dash's mane as she sobs into her chest. "It's alright Dash, we'll find him and you can tell him you're self."

"W-what if he's still mad at me?" The pegasus says between sobs. "What if he never forgives me?"

Gilda stops running talon through the mare's mane and gently guides her head upward. "He will, trust me." Rainbow Dash, wipes a ways her tears and sniffles a few times before resting her head on the griffon's chest. "I hope so."

The griffon wraps her arms around the pony once more. "He will."

A fluttering sound nearby causes the Gilda's gentile smile to twist into a snarl. "What do you dweebs want?"

"We just wanted to say..." The light brown pegasus begins. "...that your boyfriend is nuts!" The pegasus now known as Dumb-Bell states as he cuts in.

Gilda stares at the pegasus with murderous intent, causing the three to rear back. "You three have a lot of nerve showing your faces around us."

The dark brown pegasus smirks as he crosses his forelegs. "And you're lucky we didn't press charges against Rainbow Crash's, little boy toy."

Rainbow Dash pushes herself from the griffon's embrace and glares at the stallion. "'Boy toy?' Sonic is no boy toy." The mare's expression turns into a snarl. "He's a better pony then all three of you will ever be!"

"But's he's not even a.." Dumb-Bell begins.

"Shut up, you know what i meant." The cyan mare snaps as she attempts to lunge at the pegasus; only to be stopped by an out stretched talon.

"He's not worth it, Dash." Gilda says as he lowers her arm.

The mare lets out a annoyed moan and takes a few steps back.

"And you three." Gilda begins as he turns towards the three stallions. "If I ever see you three and you dweebs try something like that again." The griffon points at the startled Dumb-Bell. "I'm not going to save you're sorry flanks next time. Hell, I may even join him. Do i make myself clear."

The light brown and gray pegasus nod in unison, while the dark brown stallion attempts to interject. Only to be struck in the gut by his gray friend. "Learn to pick you're battles, you idiot." The gray stallion then turns to the cyan mare and griffon. "Sorry, we caused you so much trouble. We wont bother you again." Dumb-Bell gasps as he starts to say something, only to struck again; this time by the light brown stallion. "Also, tell you're friend we're sorry."

Rainbow Dash and Gilda nod at the stallions; who return toe gesture and take flight. Carrying the now unconscious Dumb-Bell with them.


The cyan mare and griffon watch the three stallions disappear in the distance and then turn to each other. "Well that was unexpected." Gilda says as she turns to the cyan mare. "Tell me about it." Rainbow Dash replies as she turns to the horizon.

Gilda tilts her head to the side, till a loud crack can be herd. Then repeats the action as she tilts her head the other way. The griffon then arches her back and stretches her wings; all of which make a series of small snaps as she does this. "You ready?"

Rainbow Dash goes through a similar series of actions before replying. "Ready." The mare replies as she flairs out her wings and takes a ready position.

"If memory serves correct, the only place anywhere close is..." Gilda points to the west. "...This way."

The cyan mare nods as she turns toward the direction he griffon pointed. "Lead the way."

The two take flight and leave the city of clouds. "With our speed, we should make it there before dark." Gilda states as she turns to her rainbow friend.

"I hope you're right about this, I don't want to go to the wrong place and..."

"Relax Dash, I got this." Gilda smiles. "You really like him don't you?"

The griffon's comment causes the mare to instantly blush. "N-no, he's just a friend..." Rainbow Dash drops her head. "The only one that understands how..." the mare trails off as she turns back towards the horizon. "it's doesn't matter. Lets go, we've waisted too much time already."

Gilda lets out an amused chuckle at the Pegasus's comment.

------

A crowd several times larger then the pervious one, gather round the magic mare's stage. All cheering about shouting. Sonic now playing the guitar; a purple aura still surrounding it. Sporting a pair of black sunglasses, with a cocky expression on his face.

♫"Mr. bad's got it good
But, this ain't his neighbor
hood
He's taking over oh, no
Time is now, he can't hide
Find the power deep inside and make it happen.Sonic boom, sonic boom - The crowd shouts the second 'sonic boom'
Trouble makes you running faster
Sonic boom, sonic boom
Save the planet from disaster
Sonic boom, sonic boomSpinning through a world in motion
Sonic boom, sonic boom
Take it all the way!" ♫

Sonic points towards the crowd
♫"It's your move, break it out
That's what life's all about
It's your adventure
To the dark, to the light
It's a super sonic flight
Gotta keep it going!Take it all the way!It's your move, break it out
That's what life's all about
It's your adventure
To the dark, to the light
It's a super sonic flight
Gotta keep it going! ♫

The blue hedgehog starts to play the last part faster, causing the crowd to let out a cheer and Trixie to stare at the display in complete shock.

♫"Sonic boom, sonic boom
Sonic boom, sonic boom"♫

Another burst of multicolored explosions erupts from the stage as Sonic steps on the pressure plate; scattering across the sky in series of twist and turns as the small balls of color fly into the sky.

Standing before a electric crowd, the blue hedgehog holds the guitar in the air like an ax. Which giving the crowd a peace sign with his free hand. Finally turning back towards the blue mare; still awestruck. Lifts the shade from his eyes and shoots her a smile. "And that is how it's done."

------

Bright lights fill the sky as a certain cyan mare and griffon fly near the small town.

"Whoa!" Rainbow Dash musters out as she stares; memorized. At the light show before her.

"You think he's down there?" Gilda ask giving the mare a sheepish look. Causing Rainbow Dash to roll her eyes.

"Duh."

The griffon lets out an amused chuck and veers towards the town.

------


Ponies of numerous colors and types enthusiastically chat as the magic mare and hedgehog venture down the avenue. With Trixie bearing a smug expression, while Sonic seems amused by the on lookers actions.

"I think they liked the show." The blue hedgehog states as he glances at the ever growing crowd.

The blue unicorn lets out a amused snort. "They have bared witness to the Great and powerful...."

"So, where are we going?" Sonic interject, cutting the magic pony off.

Trixie glares at the hedgehog for a moment before responding. "First off, never interrupt, Trixie when she's about to make a speech." The mare smiles. "For your actions of...vallar. The GREAT and powerful Trixie will show her gratitude by bestowing upon you a nourishing reward."

"What?"

"I'll treat you to dinner for helping me back there." Trixie reply's with an unamused tone.

"Well why did you just say so?"

The mare rolls her eyes and lets out annoyed sigh.

------

The setting sun sinks into the horizon, giving the town a pale orange tone. As a faint pink tint sits atop the higher building; reflecting off the large windows.

A cyan mare and griffon traverses through the town; looking for any signs of the blue hedgehog.

"Anything yet?" Gilda ask as she lands on a stone building.

"Nothing here." Rainbow Dash reply's as she pears down a long alleyway.

"Drat."

"Hey Gilda, can i ask you something?"

"Shoot." The griffon says as she lands next to the mare.

"Why are you doing all this? I mean you barely know Sonic." The mare takes a step back. "Not that i don't appreciate the help."

The griffon smirks. "No reason, you two seemed to get along rather well. So it would be a shame for..."Gilda smiles. "For you not to see you're boyfriend again."

"He's not MY Boyfriend! Seriously why does everypony keep saying that?"

"You didn't seem to mind when those dweebs said it."

Rainbow Dash glares at her.

"Or, maybe you didn't hear them."

The mare loses her serious expression and turns back towards the streets. "Let's just try and find him before it gets dark."

------

A set of empty plates sit atop a large white table. As a now famous hedgehog and mare sit before them. Both engaging in light conversation.

"So i told him, I am the great and powerful Trixie."

"So,then what happened?"

"He still charged me, can you believe that?"

"Well when you knock out a three story sculpture, while trying to show off. It really don't matter who you are."

"True, but Trixie was doing them a favor. That thing looked like the artist got drunk on hard cider and jammed two of them together."

Sonic chuckles as he sets another empty plate on the stack.

"So if you don't mind Trixie asking, how did you do all that? The whole light show and such?"

The blue hedgehog smiles and removes the mare's wizard hat from her head and places it on his own. "A true magician never reveals his secrets."

"Very well if you must." Trixie says with a sigh.

"I noticed the preset plates you had scattered around your stage, I figured that if you stepped on more then one at a time, you'd ge a bigger bang."

The mare smiles.

"As for the crowd; you have to give the people...or in this case ponies. What they want."

"And what is that?"

"Something new and exciting."

"Well of course, that goes without saying."

Sonic tilts the brim of the hat upward and shoots the unicorn his trademark smile.

"So, on to Trixie's next question. How would you like to travel with me?"

"Well, that's bit forward."

"Not like that!" The unicorn snaps. "As my assistant, you've show that with the both of us working together.."

"I'm gonna have to stop you right there." The hedgehog says holding his hand out. "What you saw out there wasn't magic, it was a fluke if anything."

"But you..." Trixie begins."

"And i can't be anyone's assistant."

"Then, how about..."

"No, you can't be mine. Why are you so persistent with this?"

"You saw how they treated, Trixie. Booing and saying such horrible things to her."

"Yeah, i did notice that. It seems everyone been on edge a lot lately."

"Things weren't always like this, Trixie used to be admired and adored before...'that' happened."

Sonic frowns. "And what would that be?"

------

"Ugh! C'mon why is this taking so long?" A cyan mare says as she drops her head and lets out an angry snort.

"Relax Dash, we still..." The griffon stops mid-sentence and frowns at something in the distance."I think i found him; this way."

------

"So they ran you out of town, because of 'that?'"

Yes, and add insult to injury. The one pony that could have helped Trixie. Just sat there and lets those imbeciles insult and ridicule, Trixie."

The mare smashes her front hooves together. "If i ever see that Twilight Sparkle, again. I'll make sure she ruse the day she messed with Great and Powerful..."

"Now hold on a minute, I know Twilight. She wouldn't do something like that."

Trixie glares at Sonic and uses her magic to remove the hat from his head and place it on her own. "You know, Ms. Twilight Sparkle?"

"Yeah, she's a friend of mine."

------

"Ah-choo!" A certain lavender unicorn lets out a loud sneeze and uses her magic to wipe her nose with a tissue. "I have to stop leaving the window open at night."

------

"A good one one even, and i seriously doubt she'd assist, if even let you get run out if she knew."

"Well she did." Trixie snaps. "Ms Perfect Sparkle, made Trixie a laughing stalk and forced her out of town. Now because of that, I've....I've been reduced to...this." Trixie shouts as tears start to roll down her face.

Sonic slides off his chair and walks over to the blue mare and places hid arm around her. "I'm sorry this happened to you, but revenge is not the answer. It only causes more pain."

The mare wipes a tear away with her foreleg. "You speak as if you've followed a similar path."

"I have..." Sonic lets out a sigh. "...and I felt no joy or relief while going down it."

Trixie says nothing as the hedgehog continues.

"Perhaps (and this is going to sound a bit harsh), but maybe being a performing magician isn't for you."

"What?" The mare snaps.

"Maybe something else, I don't know. But with how things are now, it's not going to get any better."

The light blue unicorn pushes herself away from the hedgehog and glares at him. "How dare you!" She begins. "Say something like to Trixie. As if you know....me" The mare's words starts to trail off as her upper lip begins to quiver. "Y-you have no idea, what I've been through what I've had to do, to get where I am..."

Trixie drops her head. "You're right, by Celestia; you're right, Sonic." The mare smiles. "Trixie...I am so much better then..this. I've studied at some of the best schools in Equestria. I don't need to continue this facade."

"Then why put this 'Great and Powerful magician' act?"

"I enjoy entertaining ponies, watching them gaze in amazement at something I've done." Trixie sigh. "I guess I kinda got addicted to the feeling."

"Yeah, I know what you mean."Sonic states as he coyly itches his nose with an amused expression.

"Now however, I've got a lot to think about. What to do, if I should still put on this 'act.'"

Trixie trots over to the hedgehog and wraps her forelegs around him. "Thank you."

Sonic hesitates for a second, before returning the gesture. "Hey, I just listen to your story and gave you a little advice."

The mare tightens her hold. "Still...thanks."

A quiet cough breaks other otherwise complete silence as the two separate, forcing the two glance at the small crowd before them. Only to realize that the entire restaurant probably herd the conversation. Trixie opens her mouth to speak, but is cut off by the sight of two familiar figures landing in front of her.

"Sonic!" Rainbow Dash shouts as she lands a few feet way from te pair. "Trixie!" She snaps as she turn to the magic mare.

"Rainbow Dash!" The light blue mare says with a hint of resentment in her voice.

"Gilda?" Sonic says as he turns to the griffon.

"Sonic!" The griffon says turning to the blue hedgehog.

"Dash!" Says finishing off the exchange.

The light blue unicorn and griffon look at one another; both wish unamused looks.

"Gilda." The griffon says as she extends her talon to the blue unicorn.

"Trixie." she says holding her hoof to the griffon and gives is a stern shake as the talon gasps around it.

"So, do you want to?"

"Alright, if you insists." The mare says as she takes a deep breath. "Gilda!"

"Trixie!"

Rainbow Dash and Sonic simultaneously face palm/hoof at this exchange.

"So, what are you doing here anyway?" The cyan mare asks turning to the blue hedgehog.

"Saving the day, helping the troubled, you know; the usual."

"But why here?" Rainbow Dash asks. "It's only a few hundred miles from where we were."

"Well after those love taps; nice right hook by the way. I was forced to make a pit stop and found myself here. And helped out Trixie here."

The magic mare puffs out her chest at the mention of her name, while the cyan pegasus sinks towards the ground.

"Yeah about that." Rainbow Dash begins. "I don't know what came over me. It's like something else was in control and..." The mare takes a deep breath. "What I'm trying to say is that, I'm sorry. I really am..." Her upper lips begins to quiver as tears starts streaming down her face.

"Hey now..." Sonic says as he places a hand on the mare's shoulder. "...none of that now."

The pegasus sniffles a bit and wipes a few tears away from her face, only to instantly hug the blue hedgehog; much to his shock.

"Whoa now!" Sonic says patting the mare's head. "It's alright."

"So, you have a thing with Rainbow Dash." Trixie states with an annoyed look. "I figured the way you spoke about Ms. Sparkle, you two were together."

Gilda raises an eyebrow at this statement and turns to the blue mare."How about none of the above." The griffon points to the still hugging pare. "What you see is just a frightened mare, worried that she lost her friend."

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash shouts, as she breaks way from the embrace.

The griffon shrugs. "I just call them as I see them."

Trixie rubs her chin with her hoof. "Interesting, perhaps there still hope yet."

"What?" The cyan mare asks as she shoots the unicorn a bewildered look.

"Oh, never mind. Just talking to myself." The magic mare tilts her hat to the blue hedgehog. "Thank you...for everything."

And with that puff of smoke burst from her locations; only to show empty space where she once stood.

"Well that was kinda of cool." Sonic says as he waves some stray smoke away from his face.

"What did she mean by 'that' and why aren't you all banged up?" Rainbow Dash asks as she gives Sonic a annoyed look.

"Long story and the power of the chaos emeralds." The hedgehog states mater of factly.

"So..."

"No more running way from this 'issue' anymore."

"Works for me." Gilda says as she lowers herself to the ground. "Hop on I'll give you a lift."

"Uh no, that's OK."

------

Above the skies of Ponyville an annoyed blue hedgehog sits on top of a certain griffon's back. "I told you that you'd..." Gilda begins.

"Shut up!" Sonic snaps as he crosses his arms.

"If i didn't know any better, I'd think you like..." The cyan mare attempts to finish, but abruptly stops as she starts to burst into laughter.

"It's not funny!" The blue hedgehog says as he stares daggers at the mare.

"Maybe not to you, but..." Gilda says holding back a chuckle from behind a talon.

"Oh, C'mon not you too."

The three land in the middle of the small town, just as sun is fully consumed in the horizon. Giving off just a faint hit of light in the already starry sky. Sonic slides off the griffon's back and notions her to lower her head to his level. "It wouldn't be long before everyone know's your here. Might want to try and make your peace now, before it gets awkward."

"Where are you going?"

"I have to talk to Twilight about something, I'll be right back."

Gilda nods and turns to her cyan friend. "Help me find everyone that....I.."

"No problem, bud." Rainbow Dash says with a determined nod.

The mare and griffon take flight as Sonic walks to the town library and steps inside.

------

Twilight is sitting in the middle of the room, starting intently at a book hovering a few inches in front of her. Unaware of Sonic's arrival.

"Knock, Knock." The blue hedgehog says as he knocks on wood panel on the wall. Causing the lavender mare to snap her head towards the scorse.

"Oh, Sonic." Twilight says with a cheerful tone. "When did you get back?"

"Just now." The hedgehog points towards a open door. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

The lavender unicorn, uses her magic to close the book and setts it on a nearby table. "Sure, what's up?"

------

Venturing down the spiraling stare case, the two stop at the lowest part of Golden Oaks Library; the basement.

Sonic is the first to step into the lower level and gives an amused whistle as he surveys the surrounding. "Haven't been down here in a while. Kind of forgot how neat this place was."

Twilight smiles bashfully at the comment as she steps into the room. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"I need you to do something with these." Sonic states as he hold up the corrupted yellow chaos emerald."Seal them up somewhere, I don't care. They're doing more harm then good, while in my possession."

"What happened?" Twilight asks as she takes a steps forward.

"That 'thing' came out again and I'd rather 'it' not make another appearance."

"What did you have in mind?"

Sonic stares at one of the bubbling tubes before responding."Seal them in a box and hide them." His expression twist to an angry snarl. "Just bury these damn rocks, until we find a way to fix them."

"U-understood." Twilight shudders out as she takes a few steps back.

"Sorry." Sonic says still looking at the tube and then turns back towards the frightened mare. "I didn't mean to yell."

------

A large steal box sits on the lab room floor; filled with 7 differently colored chaos emeralds. A steal lid levitates above the box, surrounded by a magenta aura. Finally coming to rest on top of is as Sonic hooks a lock around the latch, closes it and sets it in a hole a few feet way.

Placing the floor boards back over it, Sonic turns to the lavender mare. "You sure that seal will hold. I don't want this seeping into the ground."

"Trust me, it will hold."

The blue hedgehog smiles. "Good work." he says and walks towards the mare; patting her head as he passes. Causing her to blush slightly.

"C'mon, lets see how a certain griffon is doing making amends." Sonic says as he starts to head towards the stares.

The lavender mare nods and attempts to follow, only to be stopped by Sonic as he pokes his head back into the room. "I almost forgot; thank you for helping me with all this Twilight."

Twilight, nods as Sonic exits the room, only to smile cheerfully as his kind words.

------

In the streets of the quiet little town, five of the mane 6 stand before the apologetic Gilda as she attempts to correct her wrongs doing.

"Everyone, I was a first class jerk when we last met and for that I'm sorry." The griffon turns to Flutter shy. "I...'roared' at you when all you wanted to do was apologize."

The yellow pegasus nods and smiles at the statement.

The griffon then turns to Pinkie Pie. "You were just trying to be friendly and..."

Sonic and Twilight exit the library as Gilda speaks her words to the party pony.

"What's going on?" Twilight asks as she turns towards the blue hedgehog.

Sonic smirks."Change." He then crosses his arms. "I knew she had it in her."

**Next time:


Lyra: "Oh, wow this is so cool."

Spike: "You're helping Rarity design something? Either I've gone crazy, or you're...."

Octavia: "Oh please, don't give her any more ideas."

Vinyl: "Haha, I told you he was awesome!"

Author's Note:

What's to come now of our hero? Who will receive his good graces or receive his wrath? And what is to become of that letter, how will the princess response to Twilight's lack of reports.