• Published 1st Nov 2013
  • 5,633 Views, 186 Comments

The Legend of Spike: Krazoa Island - DiabloGuapo



Fleeing Equestria for a crime he didn't commit, Spike finds himself on a magical island filled with dinosaurs. It is up to him to save the island before it is completely destroyed.

  • ...
8
 186
 5,633

Homecoming

Spike, the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony, and the Star Fox Team walked down the street towards the royal palace in the Walled City as a crowd of dinosaurs cheered on both sided. The EarthWalkers bellowed in applause as the heroes of Krazoa Island reached the stairs at the foot of the step pyramid. Waiting for them there were the King and Queen of EarthWalker Tribe along with their son, Tricky. Standing beside them were representatives from the other tribes. The Queen CloudRunner, her children, Kyte, and even Gradabug of the BoneHead Tribe were there, looking somewhat uncomfortable being amongst their rivals, the EarthWalkers. However, they loosened up when they saw Spike approaching. Garunda Te and his daughter, Belena, were representing the SnowHorns. The Guardian ThornTail represented his tribe and the HighTop soldier they had rescued in Dragon Rock represented his. Even the Chief of the LightFoot Tribe and his bodyguard, MuscleFoot, were in attendance. When the group of heroes approached the leaders and representatives, they all bowed to each other.

“My friends,” addressed the King EarthWalker. “On behalf of all of the tribes, I thank you for saving Krazoa Island.” The crowd cheered in agreement. “As promised, here is your reward.” Two EarthWalkers carried a large chest over to them and placed on it the ground. Captain Pepper stepped forward and opened the chest to reveal…

“Scarabs,” the Captain stated as he was the squirming bugs.

“I should’ve known,” Rainbow Dash muttered under her breath.

“Oops! Sorry, wrong chest!” the King apologized. The EarthWalkers then replaced it with another chest that was filled with gold coins and gems.

“Thank you, Your Majesty,” Pepper said to the King EarthWalker. They then heard a noise coming overhead and looked up to see an airship descending. The Ex-General Scar was then tossed overboard and landed with a thud on the ground at their feet. The Doberman thrashed about, bounded and gagged as everyone glared down at the criminal.

“You take him,” the heard a voice coming from the airship. They looked up to see Rover and his two betas, Fido and Spot, looking down from the deck. “We go home now.”

“Go ahead, we’ll take good care of him,” the King replied. Though the dinosaurs couldn’t blame the Diamond Dogs for their actions, since they were brainwashed by Sombra’s curse, they thought it was for the best if the dogs just got out of there as soon as they could. Meanwhile, the deposed despot uttered muffled threats through his gag.

“What do y’all reckon we should do with him?” Applejack asked they looked down at Scar.

“I say we all have a go at him,” Rainbow Dash said as she pounded her hooves together.

“Now now, Rainbow Dash, we’re more civil than that,” Rarity interjected calmly. Then she shouted with an unexpected fury. “We should burn him at the stake!”

“I say we let him go,” Spike suggested to everyone’s surprise.

“Um, I don’t think that’s the best idea, Spike,” Fluttershy said to the dragon. Even the tenderhearted Pegasus was opposed to the idea of letting a dangerous criminal go.

“Darling, you know just as much as everyone here of what sort of damage this ruffian has caused,” Rarity told her boyfriend. “Do you really think it wise to let him roam free?”

“They’re right, Spike,” Twilight agreed with her friends. “He’s too dangerous to let go.”

“Yeah, not even a bajillion parties could improve this meanie pants’ attitude!” Pinkie Pie claimed.

“I just think he should meet a friend of mine. Maybe he can improve his attitude,” Spike said ominously as he grinned down at the nervous Scar, who didn’t like the look on the dragon’s face.

Scar panted as he ran through the jungle in a panicked frenzy. Behind him, thunderous footsteps caused the ground to quake and trees shook as something large pushed passed them. Rex, the RedEye that Spike had tamed with his dragon-spell, roared as he hungrily pursued after the terrified Diamond Dog.

“You can’t do this to me!” Scar yelled as he tried to get away from the Tyrannosaurus. “I am General Scar, the ruler of Krazoa Island! You will do as I say!”

No matter what the former dictator shouted to Rex, the RedEye didn’t pay heed to his prey’s demands and continued to chase him deeper into the jungle. From the wall that separated the two valleys, Spike and his friends laughed as they watched Scar flee into the RedEye Tribe’s territory.

*****

Later, they all were aboard the Great Fox as the Star Fox Team gave them and their hot air balloon a lift back to Equestria. Twilight Sparkle wrote a letter to Princess Celestia that explained that they had found Spike and what had happened. She then gave it to her son, who proceeded to send it to the Solar Princess with his dragonfire. As the ship headed back to the west, Captain Pepper counted their reward.

“We did it, Spike,” Peppy said to the dragon.

“Krazoa Island is saved,” Slippy added.

“And Sombra is defeated once again,” Twilight told them.

“You all did a great job,” Spike said to everyone. “I couldn’t have done it without all of you.”

“Don’t be so modest, Spike,” Rarity told him as she walked up and planted a kiss on his cheek. “You were amazing!”

“But I don’t understand how Sombra could have still been around,” a confused Fluttershy stated.

“Yeah, how did he come back?” Rainbow Dash asked as everyone murmured in agreement.

“I think I know how,” Twilight Sparkle announced. “It was his horn. His body was shattered when the Crystal Heart was activated, but his horn must have survived.”

“Scar then found it in the frozen north and used it to take control of the Diamond Dogs,” Spike added to the Alicorn’s explanation. “Sombra’s spirit latched onto Scar and fed off the evil in his heart.”

“But why did he want the Krazoa Spirits?” Applejack asked.

“Sombra’s body was destroyed and though his spirit dwelt within Scar, he would need a powerful source of magic to restore his body,” Twilight explained. “He must have known about the Krazoa and planted the idea of taking over the island in Scar’s head. Scar then went to the island and stole the SpellStones, causing it to fall apart. But that was all bait.”

“What do you mean, Twilight?” Pinkie asked.

“As sick and twisted as he was, Sombra was a genius,” the lavender mare continued. “When Celestia and Luna banished him in the ice, his curse caused the Crystal Empire to disappear for a thousand years. When we tried to find the Crystal Heart, Spike and I had to get pass a cursed door that showed you your worst fear. When I tried to take the Heart, I was caught in another one of his traps.

“He knew that Scar would steal the SpellStones in order to blackmail the tribes and that the island would fall apart. He also knew that the only thing that could put the island back together again were the Krazoa Spirits and anticipated that the dinosaurs would send for help.”

“Whoa, wait a moment,” Rainbow Dash interrupted. “You mean to say that us going there and stopping Scar was all a part of his plan?”

“Yes,” Twilight confirmed. “And not only that. He was hoping that a Unicorn would come so that he could use their magic the channel the Krazoa into him once they all have been gathered.”

“I feel so insulted that he would dare use me as part of his wicked schemed,” Rarity huffed.

“It was also a bonus for him that Spike was the one that was collecting the spirits. It would have given him the chance to take his revenge on the dragon that had stopped him before.”

“At least we have seen the last of him,” Spike concluded.

“Well, I have finished sorting the money,” Captain Pepper announced. “As promised; Spike, you get the larger portion since you did the most work.” The brown unicorn then levitated the large chest over to Spike and the dragon saw that it contained a third of the treasure. “As for the rest, I’ve divided the remainder into nine shares; one for everypony.”

“Whoa Nelly, that’s a lot of money,” Applejack said as the Captain distributed hefty bags of money to everyone else. Fluttershy nearly fell over when she received her bag and Rarity excitedly giggled as she saw the dazzling gems inside of her bag.

“With this, we can finally pay for those repairs we need for the Great Fox,” Slippy stated.

“The old girl isn’t what she used to be,” Peppy said as looked around the retired military vessel.

As Spike marveled over his loot, the beginnings of his own hoard, he felt a pressure in his stomach. He then belched and a scroll appeared in a burst of green flames. Spike caught the scroll and saw it bore the Celestia’s crest.

“It’s from Princess Celestia,” he announced as he opened the letter. Everyone gathered around as Spike read the letter aloud.

“Dear Spike,

I am glad to hear that you are safe and I congratulate you for saving Krazoa Island. I would say that this could have all been avoided if you had just responded to letters that I had sent you in the first place, but Sombra would have possibly returned and Krazoa Island may have been destroyed if you hadn’t left. Again, I congratulate you and I am anxiously awaiting your return. I, myself, have something to give to you once you arrive in Canterlot. It is a surprise and the letter for Twilight is for her eyes only.

Your Friend,

Princess Celestia

“Huh, what letter?” Pinkie Pie asked. Spike then burped up another letter in response. Twilight quickly picked it up with her magic and opened it. As she read the letter, a look of surprise showed on her face that then turned to one that of amusement.

“Well, well, well,” Twilight laughed as she reread the letter over and over again to make sure she had read it correctly.

“What? What is it?” Spike asked, wanting to know what the surprise was.

“Come on, Twilight, what’s it say?” Pinkie Pie asked as she bounced up and down, almost more anxious to find than Spike was.

“Nope, you’re just going to have wait,” Twilight decreed as she rolled up the letter.

“Aaawwww,” Pinkie Pie and Spike moaned disappointed as everyone else laughed at their expense.

*****

As the Great Fox landed in the sky docks of Canterlot, they were greeted by a royal procession. Two Alicorns, one white with an ethereal mane that resemble the auroras and the other midnight blue with a starry mane that resembled the night sky, awaited them on the pier as their royal guards stood at attention. A crowd of the denizens of Canterlot watched with curiosity from above the mountainside harbor at the spectacle.

“Are you sure I can’t persuade you to stay with Star Fox?” Captain Pepper asked Spike as they stood on the deck of the airship.

“I’m sorry, sir, but I’m already on a team,” Spike responded as he looked at the white mare that was nuzzling against his side. They then disembarked the ship and the royal guards saluted as they made their way down the pier. Once they reached the two Alicorn princesses, they bowed in respect. Princess Celestia then broke protocol by leaning her body into Spike and resting her head on his shoulder in a hug.

“Welcome back, Spike,” the Solar Alicorn greeted.

“Thank you, Your Highness. It’s good to be home,” he said to the tall white Alicorn as he hugged her back. He then noticed Princess Luna watching him with a gloomy smile. A couple weeks ago, Spike had saved Ponyville from Dracula, who Spike had come to learn was once the Princess of the Night’s great love from long ago. Even though he did it to save his friends, Spike felt guilty for the sorrow he had caused the dark blue Alicorn.

“Greetings Spike,” Luna said somberly as she approached the purple dragon and also gave him a hug.

“Hey there, Princess,” he greeted his friend. After they ended the hug, he looked at her sorrowful expression and started to say, “Luna, I…”

She shook her head to silence him and smiled. “I know what you are about to say. You don’t have to apologize; you did what you had to and I do not blame you. Do not mourn for me. Rejoice, for this is a happy day.”

The tall blue Alicorn then turned and left, her night guard following her back to the castle. Spike wanted to call out to her and say something to comfort her, but Celestia placed a hoof on his shoulder.

“Let her go. She still needs time to heal,” Luna’s elder sister gently said. Spike took one last look at the leaving Princess and decided to leave her be.

Spike and the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony then followed Princess Celestia away from the harbor and to the palace. Waiting for them at the castle were a bunch of ponies from Ponyville that they knew very well.

“Spike!” the dragon heard three familiar voices call out to him. From the crowd, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo emerged and ran up to him. The three teenaged mares surrounded him and asked him a bunch of questions.

“They say you went to an island filled with dinosaurs,” Apple Bloom said.

“They say you saved it from blowing up!” Sweetie Belle excitedly squeaked.

“Did ya see a T. Rex?” Scootaloo asked.

“See a T. Rex? I rode one!” Spike boosted.

“Really?! That is so cool!” the orange teenager exclaimed. Also among the familiar faces were Cheerilee, Big Macintosh, the Cakes, Derpy, Lyra, Bon Bon, Vinyl Scratch, and Mayor Mare.

“Spike, I just want you to know that I am personally sorry for those investigators leading a riot against you,” the Mayor of Ponyville addressed the dragon. “And on the behalf of all Ponyville, I welcome you home and ask for your forgiveness. And for the record, everypony that came here today stood by you.”

“Thank you, Madame Mayor,” Spike told the light brown mare. “The only one to blame is Dracula. Him and those investigators who started the mob. Speaking of which, whatever happened to them?”

“I suspended Clue Finder, Cold Case, and Gum Shoe the very day you had left,” Princess Celestia answered. A thoughtful expression then crossed her face. “Come to think of it, I don’t recall seeing them since. Oh, but doesn’t matter right now. What does matter is that we have planning to do.”

“Ooh, are we having a ‘welcome home’ party for Spike?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“Of sorts,” the Princess answered with a secretive smile. “Spike, you are to be acknowledged for your actions. Now if you’ll excuse us, your friends and I have much to discuss as we prepare your surprise.”

Twilight giggled, for she knew what she was referring to. As the girls walked away down the halls of the palace, Spike couldn’t help but wonder what his surprise would be. Was it going to be another stain glass window? The girls had received special windows dedicated to their victories over Nightmare Moon and Discord. There is even a window of him delivering the Crystal Heart to Princess Cadance. However, those didn’t require the collaboration of so many ponies. They would just show up at the palace, the Princess would say a few words, they would take a bow, and the window would be unveiled.

*****

During the next couple days, Spike stayed with his grandparents, Night Light and Twilight Velvet, in their home in Canterlot. Apparently, it was such a big secret that Spike couldn’t even stay in the castle to prevent him from finding out. Every time the girls would drop by to see how he was doing, they would snicker and giggle whenever he would ask them what was going on. Rarity even took his measurements to make him a new suit.

He was even surprised when his uncle, Shining Armor, came down from the Crystal Empire with Cadance and their little foal, a little light pink Alicorn toddler with a curly purple and blue mane named Flurry Heart. They too remained tight-lipped on what they knew of the surprise when Spike asked them. However, it was nice to see them again and to play with his little cousin.

When the day came, Rarity brought over Spike’s new suit. He noticed she was wearing a purple dress with a matching hat that had feathers in it. When he opened the package, he had expected to find a tux but instead found a red military uniform like the one Shining Armor wore at his wedding.

“I haven’t been recruited into the royal guard, have I?” he asked her as he held up the suit.

“Not quite, darling,” Rarity laughed. “I just wanted you to look dashing for the momentous occasion.”

“Momentous occasion? What’s going on? Everypony has been keeping me in the dark for the past few days!” he said, starting to become irritated. A kiss on the lips from the Unicorn instantly calmed him down.

“Be patient, dear. You’ll see for yourself as soon as you hurry up and get dressed,” Rarity reassured him and then headed out the door. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m needed at the palace. I’ll see you when you arrive.”

Spike put on the red suit that had a gold trim and epaulets and blue sash across the chest. The red jacket was custom tailored so that his wings stick out from the back. He looked at himself in the mirror to see how it fitted him. When saw his wings, he got an idea. He folded them up against his back and clasped the thumbs of the wings on to his shoulders, making it seem as though he was wearing a cape.

“Looking good, Spike. Looking real good,” he complimented his reflection. Once dressed, he found a carriage being pulled by white royal guard Unicorns waiting for him. As they drove him down the streets towards Canterlot Castle, Spike waved awkwardly to the ponies that had gathered to see what was going on. He could see them murmuring and whispering to each other. Whether from intrigue or in disapproval, he did not know.

When the carriage arrived at the palace, Spike was escorted up the stairs to the grand golden gates that were opened for him by the palace retainers. An honor guard led him down the red carpets down the white and navy tiled corridors to the great assembly hall of the castle where he saw the Canterlot Elite waiting for him. Trumpeters herald his arrival and choir of white mares with golden manes vocalized. As with the ponies in the streets, the nobles watched him scrutinizing gazes. Spike tugged at his collar uncomfortably from all the attention he was receiving and sweated a bit.

Among the many faces in the crowd, Spike spotted his grandparents and at least they looked proud of him. Even more important, he saw his friends standing to the side of the royalty at the end of the aisle. Applejack was wearing a blue dress with red ribbons and a stylized blue Stetson that had a red bow and white feather. Fluttershy wore a green gown and a wreath of red and white flowers on her head. Rainbow Dash wore a darker teal dress with cloud-like hems and hat with a golden feather. Pinkie Pie’s light blue dress had yellow and pink ribbons and her hat had an ice cream cone and candy on it. As she said she would be, Rarity was also there waiting for him. Her purple dress had an amethyst brooch and her hat had a plume of purple and yellow feathers.

Nearest to them, Twilight Sparkle stood by the other royals wearing her angular crown and magenta and gold dress. To her left was Princess Luna, who was wearing her purple dress that was decorated with stars and clouds and a crown adorned with a crescent moon. Princess Celestia stood at the head of the aisle and she was wearing her purple kimono that had golden swirls with a tall crown that had purple gems on the points. On the left of the Solar Princess was Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor, with little Skyla between them. Cadance had her mane done up in the traditional Crystal Empire fashion and wore a light blue dress while Shining Armor wore his red uniform and blue sash, matching Spike’s. Little Flurry Heart had on a cute little pure white dress and a ring of teal beads in her mane.

“We are gathered here today in celebration of a momentous occasion,” Princess Celestia announced to the audience. “Today, we welcome the return of Spike the dragon to Equestria. Many times in the past, he has proved his bravery and loyalty to our fair country and its citizens. Just a few days ago, he returned from saving Krazoa Island to the east and he has stopped a terrible foe from returning. In light of this heroic act and due to his noble birth, I am honored to be the first to introduce you to for the first time Spike, son of Princess Twilight Sparkle and the newest Prince of Equestria!”

“…What?” Spike asked, completely taken by surprise. However, his comment wasn’t heard as the hall was filled with the deafening sound of ponies cheering. Looking around, Spike saw that almost all of the nobles were applauding in approval. Others applauded, but maintained their scrutinizing looks. A only few openly scowled, but withheld their protests out of good manners. One of them in particular was Prince Blueblood. With a toss of his golden mane, he quietly stormed out of the hall with his nose upturned.

Princess Celestia’s horn glowed with golden magic and a simple gold circlet studded with emeralds and amethysts rose from a podium behind her. While levitating the crown, Celestia, along with Luna and Twilight, approached Spike. The dragon knelt and bowed his head.

“For your valor and heroism,” Princess Luna announced.

“For your integrity and birthright,” Princess Twilight added.

“And for your compassion and loyalty, we crown thee Spike, the Dragon Prince of Equestria!” Princess Celestia finished as she placed the crown on the kneeling dragon’s head. Spike arose and turned to face the crowd of ponies. They all bowed their heads and then Spike found himself in the middle of a group hug as the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony rushed him. Though still speechless, he managed to snap out of his stupor enough to wrap his arms around his friends. As nice it was to be crowned a prince, there was one thing he wanted more: to go home.

*****

As the coronation finally came to an end, Spike was relieved to be sitting on the train headed to Ponyville. After an excitement filled adventure, Spike was very homesick. The train pulled into the station and they exited onto the platform. The mares had already gotten out of their dresses, but Spike was still wearing his crown and uniform. He knew he wouldn’t wear often, so he decided to wear it for the remainder of the day. Besides, he thought it made him look sharp and Rarity couldn’t agree more.

“That was so exciting!” Pinkie Pie cheered as they walked down the street. “But now that we’re home, I gotta throw you a ‘mega knock your socks off even though we don’t wear socks welcome back to Ponyville’ party!”

“That’s sound wonderful, dear, but perhaps tomorrow,” Rarity told her.

“Yeah, I’m pretty wiped out from all that’s happened today,” Rainbow Dash agreed and then yawned. After the coronation, there was a huge feast afterwards it was already night by the time they had arrived in Ponyville.

“And I need to go home to take care of my animal friends,” Fluttershy stated.

“Ah reckon Ah outta head home mahself,” Applejack added.

“We’ll discuss it tomorrow. Good night, girls,” Twilight said to her friends and then they bid each other good night. “I’m heading back to the castle.”

“Okay, I’ll meet you there,” Spike told his mother before turning to Rarity. “But first, I need to escort a certain lady to her home.”

Rarity blushed and Twilight giggled, “Alright Casanova, don’t stay out too late.”

As Twilight headed back to her crystalline tree palace, Spike extended an arm and Rarity wrapped a foreleg around it. As Spike walked his marefriend back to Carousel Boutique, he closed his eyes and took in the scent of Ponyville. Though it was a small country town of predominantly thatched roofed buildings and dirt roads, it was his home. He actually preferred the laid back atmosphere of the small town as opposed to the hustle and bustle of the big city. He then looked down at the suit he was wearing and straightened it.

“You look dashing, darling,” Rarity told him.

“Yeah, maybe I should wear it every day,” he joked.

“Oh, but we don’t want to have too much of a good thing, now do we?” she joked in turn.

“You looked great in that dress,” Spike complimented. “I think the last time you wore it was at Twilight’s coronation. Come to think of it, I’ve should have guessed what was going on when I saw you wearing it this morning when you delivered the suit.”

“Spike, I do apologize for not telling you what was happening, but we all agreed that it would be more memorable for you if it was a surprise.” As they talked, they came to Rarity’s home and stood outside the front door. “Thank you for escorting me home, my handsome prince.”

“It was my pleasure, milady.” Rarity leaned forward as Spike bent down to kiss her good night. As she opened the door to go inside, Spike stopped her. “Wait, I have a surprise for you.”

“Oh? What is it Spikey-Wikey?” she asked.

“While you and everypony else was running around in secret planning the coronation, I did some running around myself,” he explained. Spike then reached into his pocket and pulled something small and black. When Rarity saw it was a ring case, she gasped loudly and her eyes became the size of plates. Spike took a knee and opened the case to reveal a diamond ring.

“Rarity, will you marry me?” Spike proposed. Rarity covered her quivering lip with a hoof and her sapphire eyes filled with tears.

YES!

**Alternate Scene**

“Wait, I have a surprise for you.”

“Oh? What is it Spikey-Wikey?” she asked.

“While you and everypony else was running around in secret planning the coronation, I did some running around myself,” he explained. Spike then reached into his pocket and pulled something small and black. When Rarity saw it was a ring case, she gasped loudly and her eyes became the size of plates. Spike took a knee and opened the case to reveal a diamond ring.

“Rarity, will you marry me?” Spike proposed. Rarity covered her quivering lip with a hoof and her sapphire eyes filled with tears.

She tackled him to the ground, possessively clinging to her dragon while screaming, “MINE!