• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 5,923 Views, 133 Comments

Eternal Darkness - FLUTTERxxDASH



What happens to Princess Celestia's star student when a spell goes wrong, blinding her in the process? How will she adapt to her new life?

  • ...
17
 133
 5,923

From the pits of darkness a new light is born.

Author's Note:

Okay first things first, this is choppy, very for now, I still need to run this through my editor and have it re-run so if you don't want to read something that hasn't been edited wait a few days and it will be if not please don't say the obvious as I already know this has LOTS of mistakes for now that I WILL have corrected soon. Enjoy guys, Serra.

Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you.

By John Ruskin.


Have you ever looked into darkness and thought something looked back, that feeling of sudden coldness you get when you see it, the area you are in is the blackest of night but it still lingers on the edge of your vision. The feeling of something moving in the background, something unexplained but it is there peering into your very existence, waiting for you to come into its grasp.

Many of the group was used to darkness, many could usually see within the darkness, this though was different, when the tunnel opening closed true darkness surrounded them. They could not see anything inside this cavern, not until Twilight create an orb of light, at this most gasped while looking at the walls. The rocks on the walls shifted and moved around them, looking around they found a meter difference in ever direction but one, leading away from the opening that was there with a slight incline upwards.

Many of the guards, even the most brave shook at being enclosed in this moving rock, they were at its mercy. Shining took point and moved forward cautiously at the path the walls created for them to move down, as he did the further end of the path extended as he drew closer, he stopped and looked back at the rest, "Seems we have to go up," Twilight nodded and passed him as the rest followed.

After walking for around forty minutes the air was becoming thinner, the guards even with their athletic bodies became quickened for breathe, even Shining was having difficulty. The three immortals noticed this since their bodies didn't have so little resistance to this little amount of oxygen, Twilight stopped and turned on Shining, "We will have to part here, I thought this might happen, with the altitude and amount of heat this place is radiating the oxygen is thinned. Wait here for us, keep a barrier held and I will place a barrier myself"

"Twily, we can carry on, we aren't weak"

"I am not saying you are but I am afraid any further and we run risk of guards dying from just moving to the top of the mountain, look at your guards shining, they can't keep going like this," Shining looked aback and saw many of his guards stood at attention but panting heavily, some looked about ready to collapse.

Shining sighed and looked back, "What about these walls, won't they close on us?"

Twilight levitated the key back to Shining, "This will stop the walls from closing, I will force our way through the rock, now stay here and regulate breathing. Make sure to be careful with your water amounts, open a bottle and most liquid evaporates fast here," Twilight said, Shining nodded as all four sets of guards dropped, Christelles guards were going to retaliate but she stopped them from their pleases to come along. "We will be back soon, don't fall unconscious no matter what, the key will only stay active if you empower it with magic. It doesn't take much magic but if you all lose consciousness the walls will collapse on you, we will be back soon BBBFF, hold tight," with a nod Twilight turned.

"Are you sure we can do this?" Luna asked, slightly worried about just barging through the rocks.

Twilight moved forward and lit her horn, the rocks only moved forward to a certain point away from the key, when it stopped she began channeling magic onto the rock, "We can but this will be a longer journey up because of it, brute force was never something I liked but I shall do it when needed," Twilight finished as the rocks snapped off and began sizzling before they moved out of the way.

Christelle looked back and sent her guards a reassuring thought over the hive mind to quell their worries for her, <It is fine my children, we shall be back soon>

Twilight looked back and smiled, <She will be fine, I will let nothing happen to her>

<you can still use the hive mind then All mother?> Christelle asked rhetorically but got answered with a confusing answer.

Twilight looked forward, <yes and soon all others shall be able to as well>

Christelle accidentally let her words loose, "Others?" this caught Luna's attention as the wall behind them closed back up.

Luna raised her brow, "what do you mean others?" She asked in confusion.

Christelle blushed slightly at her word slip, "Nothing, just a thought I had with my hivemind, just a question one of my brood had," She laughed awkwardly but Luna took it with suspicion deciding to ignore it for now. After that point the three walked in silence, Luna and Christelle were behind Twilight as closely as possible as they had to run through the rock as it close really fast around them. It took nearly another hour before they were near the surface of the mountain crust, the rocks became harder and more hot.

Nearly there they felt that the oxygen was so little no living thing should really be able to live there, luckily being immortals breathing was more for appearances than a real need, finally they broke to the surface. As they cumbered out of the hole they peered out over the vast amounts of lava, a small rope bridge that somehow was there and should have been burning lead over to an opening that looked closely to a dragons head, the wind on the mountain was freezing. As the wind blew across the surface of the lava it momentarily became solid rock before liquefying again, the sky was pitch black and had numerous thunder clouds, it was beautiful but horrifying at the same time.

Image by jcbarquet on deviantart, I do not own this image in anyway.

Twilight moved forward and took a careful step on the wood, "Its seems safe, even if it breaks we can fly across," She said looking back to the other two.

They fell in line behind Twilight as they started across the bridge, Christelle looked over the edge of the bridge at the lava, something seemed to move, "All Mother, it looks like we are not alone on this mountain and I don't think that is Kha'rune," the bridge began shaking as some wooden slats fell and sizzled to nothing in the lava below, "Definitely not alone!" she said taking wing to the air, luckily enough the heat rising was enough to stay afloat with relative ease, when she got airborne she noticed the lava below swirl until something leap out onto the other end of the bridge.

Image by Grimsdirk on deviantart, I do not own this image in anyway. (ignore the human size and imagine it just bigger than a fully grown alicorn)

Twilight and Luna immediately took to the air, Luna flapped her wings as Twilights back grew cosmic wings, the creature snarled as more came from the other side. The bridge dropped into the lava as the beast walked forward to the end of the rope, its view never leaving its flying prey, it leaped into the air only to be swatted away in a magical green hue.

"YOU WILL NOT TOUCH THE ALL MOTHER YOU MUTT!!" Christelle screamed, the other creature began barking in a gurgling noise, soon to join their member in trying to eat the newly appeared prey, "Brainless fiends, lay to rest back from where you came," Christelle shouted once more as both hers and Luna's magic crushed the creatures back into the pool of lava.

Luna huffed at the gurgling lava, "You aren't ever going to touch Twilight with your filthy claw thingies"

Twilight floated over, "Claw thingies? Really?" Luna blushed whilst Christelle giggled slightly, below them the eyes of the lava dogs peered up and watched them as they moved to the opening of the cave, not trying to eat something so powerful again, "Well lets go find Kha'rune, hopefully there won't be anymore set back," the three entered the mouth of the cave, it was a drop straight down. They all released their efforts on staying afloat and plummeted down the hole, crystals and diamonds riddled the walls of the hole that Rarity would die to get, Slowly the dot of orange came closer into sight as they were flung into what seemed another dimension.

When they came out of the hole there was still a drop that seemed as large as the mountain was outside until they hit the ground, of course instead of falling any more they flew forward, Twilight lit her horn and scanned for magic, when she found her target she changed course as the other two followed, "This way, it won't take long to get to him," She said as they dodged the large stalactites that dangled from the ceiling. It was strange, even in this cave there was clouds and lightning, due to the lava it was very hot and the walls steamed.

Beneath them they saw the lava jumping from where it lay as small explosions happened, finally coming close to their destination a wide plane of earth had solidified around a huge crystal that lay in the middle of lava, Twilight stopped and flew down landing, "We are here, that crystal holds Kha'rune," She stated.

Image by ReyeD33 on deviantart, I do not own this image in anyway.

Luna moved next to Twilight and looked out over the edge of the plane they stood upon, "How do we wake him, first off how did he trap himself in that crystal?"

Twilight looked to the ground and shifted some of the ash, looking around at their surrounding to see if there was anything distinct, she finally found what she wanted, "As to how he got there, he made a bed out of the crystals and entrapped himself to slumber, as to how we are going to talk follow me," they moved over to one of the towering rocks that towered over the crystal. "Use you magic to push the rock over, it will crack the crystal," She said lighting her horn.

Christelle jumped in front of her, "All mother don't you think waking one up as such would bring wrath back down upon us?"

"Do not worry, it won't hurt him and I am sure I can quell his anger once he is awake, now push with all your strength, that crystal is very strong, all we need to do is make it shake so he wakes," Twilight said as they all lit their magic, a swirl of purple, green and blue swirled forward and made impact on the rock, slowly it began to crumble and tip. It was like slow motion, the rock as big as manehattan's tallest building, maybe taller colliding with the crystal caused a booming echo throughout the cave as the stalactites came loose and fell from the ceiling of the cave. Rock after rock collided with the crystal before it glowed red and began to crack itself, flames escaped the cracks as an arm smashed through the crystal and smashed more away with a swing, once its head was out it screamed, "KRUTE VAAS KORGAAG KHAZAT!" An archaic tongue even both Luna and Christelle did not know.

Image by neibeis on deviantart, I do not own this image in anyway.

Twilight stepped forward as it finally stepped out and moved forward, It was huge, "Karine, tiiu vruck chaa'"

"VRUCK CHAA', GECK! VAN TUU GECK, SNERIL!!" HE BELOWED.

Next surprised both Luna and Christelle as Twilight started to grow, quickly becoming as large as the creature, her wings splitting into six, "vruck chaa', how very-" still talking in the archaic language, "rude of you, that is not a word you say to anypony"

"What do you want creator of worlds? If you are here to slay me I will fight for my life!" he said as balls of molten lava sludge in his hands, "what is it you seek from me?"

Twilight slowly sat down as both Luna and Christelle flew up to her head hovering at either side, "something you hold, I need it back, my child needs it. In turn I will grant you your freedom from this place albeit in another form"

"And what makes you think I will comply creator?" he asked as lava dripped from his mouth.

Luna turned to the huge pitch black eyes of Twilight wondering what they were saying, Christelle somehow was nodding along to what they were saying.

Christelle had asked her mother if she could listen using the hivemind, doing this translated the language, <I have to agree all mother, what makes you so sure that this creature would comply?>

Twilight moved her hoof us as it dissipated into stars and constellations that floated over to the creature, Kha'rune did not move but kept an eye on what was happening, "I have seen it in many universes, you are known as a terrible beast who would slay all that approached but never really did any, you are kind hearten and I know that. You have protected a races essence for nearly three thousand years when you could have easily destroyed the ceiling and be done with it, still you stayed, that is how I know you will co-operate," Twilight said, Kha'rune shifted and moved to sit where he was.

The rocks crumbled under his weight, "even if I am of kind nature, I was born from chaos, my flesh kills animals, my looks horrify the sentient life forms of the world. My creator was evil and made me for the purpose of mischief, how can you rub all these sins from my very soul, if I truly have a soul?"

"Everything born unto the world, even beings created by Quint have a soul, the soul is the conscious a being has. You thought of how to protect the world from you and trapped yourself withing crystal, even now your heat is rising from being in the air, soon it will start to boil the atmosphere. This shows you have a soul, you are a lost child who needs a helping hoof in his first steps in the world, let me show you what you truly are as you shed your bonds of this place." Twilight calmly spoke, her body's cosmic lights twinkling ever so slightly as she spoke, waterfalls of her mane beginning to drift in cosmic winds. "Let me free you of your shackles, the amulet holds your true form, it stops you from being what you are"

Kha'rune contemplated the idea looking around at the other ponies in the room, "Are these your children creator? they are quite small, which one is the changeling, I have not seen one of the new life forms yet. Why do they not burn in my presence?"

Twilight giggled, though it sounded very loud to all instead, "the few in this room are immortal and therefore can stand much more than the normal sentient beings you have seen, as for who is my changeling daughter," Twilight turned and looked at Christelle, who was still listening through their link, "This is Christelle, Discord used his magic to steal the essence of changelings two Queens before her, that is why I must correct this imbalance in the worlds populace back to as it were"

"Discord never told me what the amulet was but he told me that when I give it up I will inevitably die, if this holds true how would you save me? I am afraid I will have to decline the offer creator, I am scared, all I know is this cave that holds me in its embrace"

Kha'rune began to get up and move away as he felt a tug upon his arm, the stars were holding him in place, "What is this creator, first you mean no harm and ask, now you wish to take it by force?"

"No, I merely wish to show you what will happen if we don't get that amulet," She moved forward as the stars that held her horn together glowed bright as it touched his head, images flew threw his imagination as he saw the mass of darkness around Equestrias skies, "That will come if we do not correct what will happen today, I will recreate you into another body, one that does not kill without reason to," Kha'rune became dizzy as he moved back, as he shook his head lava flew to the ground with a big splash.

Kha'rune got his thoughts back together as guilt came over his conscious mind, "So you plan to make me see, without this amulet that is our future, no war, no continents that can resist the darkness, just death and destruction. That is preposterous, how can you be so sure that doing this will save this planet? you showed me the end of some of the other worlds, mere seconds passed as all that was left was the cosmic dust of its aftermath, what point is there when all there is, is darkness?"

"Hope... hope is the one thing that holds a country and nation together, hope is the one thing that everypony can hold dear when all seems lost. Hope is all we have Kha'rune, do you not wish to have hope for the future, a future where you stand by me in the face of true darkness. I can give you solace in coming times, if just one world survives the darkness will lose hold in the multiverse and retreat back to its own universe, I know this well"

"How, how would you know, how can you tell me these things with confidence?"

"Because I am that darkness," Christelle and Kha'rune looked shocked, well as shocked as a huge piece of moving lava could be, "all will be explained in full when we go back to where you belong, will you accept my help?"

Luna was very confused now as she saw both of them look so shocked, she knew Christelle knew the language now but what troubled her most was the faces of terror they held whilst looking at Twilight, "Twilight, w-what are you saying?" Twilight looked to her side at the confused alicorn, a small trickle of her manes stars accumulated as a small Twilight came into existence and moved to Luna placing her horn on hers, "WHAT? but you can't be!"

"It is true, one of my many personas from another verse was one of many of the first to realize we each in turn existed but when most found it exhilarating to know the knowledge from other universes some became scared, a few were angry that some had better lives and one of us was the worst. We were all scared of her, she dominated her planet making its inhabitants bow under her power, finally realizing that there were other universes to concur she became thirsty for power. Using her abilities she tore through the fabric of space time and entered one of our sister verse's area, that is when she started her path of destruction, she became a moving black hole that swallowed galaxies and held their inhabitants captive under her rule. It has been nearly 674,447,290 years since she started to inhabit other worlds, time was a thing of the past as we were one with all time, I can still converse with myself from before this talk but I cannot manipulate it. Thus with that she has had to spent more time transverse through the pockets and wormholes to get to other verse's making her the longest living entity of my being. If we stop it from killing one world it would in theory break the laws of the multiverse reversing all current and past alterations to the universes. Its confusing but basically we were made to watch a universe, not mess with its fabric, somehow she could do just that but when we stop her it will all unwind back on her," Twilight said.

Kha'rune looked down at the ground, milling through his thoughts, "how much of a chance will this work if we can gather all the necessary components to winning her?"

Twilight shook her head, "do not ask that, I will not delve any deeper into changing fate as I have telling you what comes, the chances are something you need not know," Twilight moved closer to Kha'rune as both Luna and Christelle kept in line with her, "So what will you do, wait for the land and lives to be torn asunder or be reborn and help us, the choice is yours as I cannot force you to do anything, I am but a spectator in this worlds affairs," She said in a more saddened tone.

Kha'rune immediately responded without any hesitation, "I will help!" his confidence and true nature shone through, he cared for all living things, one thing no one can change is how you view life. "I will help, how can we attain this amulet, Discord never told me where it was"

Twilight nodded, "Kha'rune, if you ae truly ready you must open your heart to me, accept me fully, don't be afraid. Any resistance will stop the amulet from appearing, once we have it I will recreate your body and place your soul in there, do you trust me?" once again without hesitation he nodded.

"You are the creator, I shall trust in our god, I shall trust you," Kha'rune closed his eyes as he felt an embrace surround him, massive arms held him. As he was told he did not resist, leaning into the embrace as it pierced his rocky flesh, he opened his eyes as it got to the center of his being.

The orange glow his body turned bright blue as his heat rose, his bodies rocky formation liquefied, slowly the embrace took him into a slumber.


The mind of one so frail.


A small filly played in the garden, a mare walked over and held her in a loving grasp as a stallion walked up behind them but the stallion had a mask on, a crying mask.

Kha'rune watched the scene unfold, the group of ponies played all day in front of their stone house, the beautiful little filly was so full on energy, the mare sat lovingly near the stallion as their filly chased the butterflies.

As he watched he noticed a purple mare walk next to him out of the darkness, "Do you know where you are?"

"I am in my dreams, this dream has been my worst, it has happened a few times and every time I am confused as to why it hurts so much. Its not this part that hurts though, this makes me happy, its what happens next," Twilight nodded as they turned back to the family, they were laughing and playing, the father of the filly lifter her up in magic as she giggled, the high pitched giggle that would send shivers down your spine in happiness.

Soon that happiness though turned to dread as the sky turned black with clouds, orange illuminated the back of their house, the three ponies heard their neighbors screams and ran to see what was happening, when they rounded the house they saw it. The black clouds rose from the mountain as the red liquid traveled its sides, house after house became engulfed in flames as the inhabitants screamed to be released from their pain. The stallion covered the fillies face and tried to stop her from hearing the screams.

The two knew they could not outrun the liquid fast enough, it has happened before as the tormentor had rained fire on many small towns and villages, now it was their turn. The mare held her filly tight as the stallion covered them from sight of their oncoming death. The fillies eyes were staring into her fathers, her last words made both Kha'rune and Twilight weep, "Daddy, are we going to die?" Tears running down her cheeks, her father swallowed and nodded as he kissed his fillies head under her horn one last time before being embraced by the quilt of red.

It was not the end, not for the stallion, A demon traveled the surface of hardened rock. Reveling in his destruction of more innocence, he moved over to one particular spot and pulled out a shiny green amulet that shined, black smoke came from his hand as he snapped his claws. The smoke pierced the rock and dragged something up, something that should have died, half a stallion. The stallion had been brought back to life by the demon to do his bidding, his skin melted and most of his muscles gone but the crying mask still held. The demon brought a claw down gripping the stallions skull and lifting him, "Thou shalt be the darkness, I have many plans for thoust to partake-" that was the end as it went black, Kha'runes face leaking lava as he cried silently.

"Why are we here creator? What is this dream that haunts me so?" He asked looking up to see Twilight just before her embrace.

"It is to remember who you were, now we must go further," Twilight said as a new image started.

The scenery was of a huge grass land with farmers and other ponies doing their daily duties to their small village. Many looked to be happy even when doing this strenuous work. These ponies though held no such things as wings or horns, they were earth ponies. The group carried on as normal before a milk curdling scream emanated from a mare in the field, the field was for rice so it held water, slowly the water turned misty as she ran to get away from the field. A few others screamed after her and ran for the bank of the dirt, upon arrival looking at their hooves they saw scarred skin with no fur as their hooves had melted slightly. The water had turned acidic, on the horizon they finally spotted what was the cause, a massive titan made of lava walked across the planes of their fields coming closer.

It may not have been the giants intent to hurt anything but the village inhabitants screamed and ran as it drew closer, houses set alight with fire as he came closer, tears of lava fell onto the fields. Kha'rune watched on in horror as he saw his past self mindlessly walk through a living creature habitat, even hurting them.

"It was never your fault, it was Discord, you must learn to forgive your sins to release the amulet, now for the last memory," She said as the scene changed yet again.

This time they came across a battle field, thousands of unicorns and pegasus joined with earth ponies held him back at the edge of their city, he didn't even really want to come near but they rose against him, finally the unicorns channeled magic creating a barrier of black rocks that rose around the titan, the walls closing upon him and trapping him. without being able to do anything he let his will go and became entrapped. Thousands of years passed like this as the mountain formed, the sides becoming ice and the top unknown to any other becoming lava from his heat, he had shrank down quite a lot as he made a home in his cave finally entrapping himself in crystal to stop the heat spreading further. Over the next few thousand years pony kind forgot his existence as an empire flourished in the cold northern temperatures, that was until discord also made it disappear along with its own set of problems.

"This is where I sealed myself, I could not bare to keep searching for help, I entrapped myself to keep others from being hurt," He said as his voice quivered.

Twilight took a step forward and lifted his head, unknown to him becoming more equin, "this is the last of the memories, you must release yourself from the cage you created, free your heart from burden. Do this and I promise all will be in clarity when you awake once more," She said embracing the creature, he fully leaned into the comfort as his chest glowed, "you have finally opened up fully, once I take the amulet it will leave you with a sense of need, after we retrieve it I will help you"


The cave shakes in the wake of its masters epiphany!


Twilight placed her hoof on the creatures chest as the green amulet was released, Kha'rune slowly began to drop but was caught in her magical grasp, attaining her item she set her horn alight and placed the item in a pocket of space, now turning to the creature who was slowly fading she lit her horn once more as the room lit up in a bright light.

Purple lights danced around Kha'runes body as he became the light itself, the form shifted and twisted as it became smaller, all the way until it was as small as a colt, when the light dissipated it left a small winged, horned colt with a black coat and red mane. Twilight shrunk back down as Luna and Christelle flew down with wonder upon their features as to what the small black dot was, when they got close they gasped in confusion.

Twilight strode over and gripped the colt in magic, levitating him to between her wings, the six wings becoming very small themselves before joining back together. The colt stirred and opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was the beautiful smile of lavender as it moved to nuzzle him, "Hello Basalt, welcome back to equine, how do you feel," Twilight said in plain Equestrian, surprising both the two other immortals with this.

"Surprisingly good, though I feel rather small, wait.... this language?" Basalt said in a more high pitched voice.

Twilight giggled slightly before putting a hoof over her muzzle to cover her laughter, "Is Equestrian my dear child, Discord had implanted Archaic language in place of your Equestrian," she said lowering her hoof back down, "I will explain more but for now I suggest we get moving, the magic in this place is dissipating and the cave will soon begin to collapse," Twilight said as a few streams of lava began to pour down from the ceiling of the cave.

The floor began to break apart and stalactites plummeted to the ground, the towering pillars of stone and solidified magma began collapsing, shifting the ground in the wake of destruction. The group quickly took the the air and made way to the exit they had came through, dodging the falling liquid and the projectiles of rocks, dust so thick they could only see a few feet ahead. Reaching the opening was easy but getting out would be more so, the hole in the roof was now home to growing crystal shards that would all of a sudden sprout from their perch they were held. They began the climb, getting higher and higher, dodging the jagged serrated crystals by a hairs width. They were nearly out until Luna caught her side on a crystal, letting a yelp of pain out, Twilight turned and caught her in magic.

Christelle slowed down as she came next to Twilight, Twilight turned to her, "Take Basalt quickly, get out of here to the top of the mountain," Twilight asked, Christelle quickly snatched the colt up in magic and carried on the accent. Twilight channeled some magic to use telepathy, "Shining, quickly move back down the mountain," She said as she levitated Luna onto her back, the cut was just under the wing. Although quite a big cut it will heal but she could not fly on her own for now, Twilight beat her wings as hard as she could trying to get out of the hole. Christelle was already out and waiting.

Christelle watched on as the smoke rose from the dragons mouth, suddenly the rocks of the jaw began to crack and web across its body, breaking and collapsing on the holes opening. Twilight saw her exit being blocked and tapped into her magic reserves, her horn lit up in purple hue as she stopped, the rocks making their way down the hole as they thundered against the walls. When the rocks were about to hit them they sparked out of existence in a bright white light only to appear outside the cave, "Shining is on his way out, the bottom of the mountain is more stable and it wont take as long going down the mountain"

Both Twilight and Christelle carried their passengers as they weaved around the towering spurts of lava that erupted the surface of the mountain top, racing to the edge, that was until a thundering crack was heard. The mountains surface began splitting down the middle, a long opening where the running lava fell, the surface shifted as the far end of the mountain began to rise up as the front lowered. Christelle stopped momentarily looking at the rise in the mountain and the direction it tilted, "All Mother, if the mountain rises this way, the empire below will bathe in this lava. We can't leave it like this," Twilight who had stopped as well, albeit still keeping an eye on their surroundings.

"I understand but I can do something if we get to the edge," Christelle looked over and nodded, they carried on flying to the edge, finally making it.

The surface was now at a very dangerous angle, luckily Shining had gotten out of the mountain at the bottom, he starred up at the group noticing something small on Christelles back but it might have been anything at that distance. With a warning from Twilight he and the other ponies moved a great distance from the mountain side, pooling lava began to drop off the edge of the now tilting mountain, it made its way down slow because of its small size for the moment.

Twilight lit her horn and asked for Christelle to hold Luna, her wings split once more as they glowed pure white, swirls of energy built at the top of her horn. She directed her horn at an angle as her eyes turned black, the black split onto her muzzle as her power grew, her body slowly shifting into her cosmic form. Soon there was a large swirling sphere of energy at her horns tip. With everypony out of the way, the mountain side now had streams of lava about to pour over its sides, finally she let loose the energy from her horn. Directing a beam of light from left to right at the base of the mountain, dirt and bedrock shifted as the lava tumbled down into the pit, she kept the line going all the way to the edge of the mountain as it filled.

Slowly the light above her horn faded with the last residual amounts of energy were released, the lava now evening and the mountain slowly breaking down at a much more slow rate, now with no threat from the mountain it was safe again. Twilight turned to the group and flew down to join Luna, Christelle and Shinings group, "That should stop anything reaching the crystal empire, Shining I think it best though for now for a few days to have the shield up for precaution"

Shining nodded and looked around, no pony was affected by the large quantity of magic that Twilight had just emitted so that was good, his eyes drifted over the group until his eyes met something in between Christelles wings, "What is that"

"What?" asked Twilight.

"That," He said pointing to the small black bundle on Chryssy's back, "what is tha-" he stopped as the little black bundle stretched and turned to face him, beady black eyes and a red mane, a little nub of a horn and a pair of black wings. "An alicorn... really... How?" he asked dumbfounded.

"Oh you meant Basalt, well I will explain everything when we get back to the castle in the empire, come on then. The Volcano will still be active for a few days so we need to have a shield prepaired just in case it decides to erupt once more, come then, "She said walking next to Christelle and looking down at Basalt, "We will show you what the new age of ponies looks like," she said with a motherly smile before cantering forward as the group shuffled after her.


Slowly the lava heated the mountain and field in front of where it now laid, the snow melted as luscious grass slowly crept ever closer to the boarders of the empire, summer would soon be back in the northern hemisphere of Equine. The group arrived back at the castle, not long after Cadence had attempted to take Basalt away from Christelle to hug but reluctantly left him in Chryssy's hooves as she was very protective for some reason. Basalt looked to be sad but in wonder at the same time, never in his life had he seen such beauty as the Crystal empire, spires of art, ponies coats shimmered. The towns ponies flourished upon the high street as many greeted them before looking out at the huge orange lit clouds at the now smaller mountain.

Minute later, the castle could be seen, guards parted ways for the large group as they moved through the courtyard. Now all Twilight could think about was how they would take the next part, how would the rest of the world loom onto the changeling race when there true form is revealed, will it accept them. This thought was very troubling as she has seen many versions of the day they turn back, some were not very good experiences, others she would not wish on anypony, hopefully this is not one of those times. Only the morn will tell the truth, back in Canterlot when all is gathered, there the race will once again be revived. A new age is ushering in for pony kind and it could either be the downfall of their hope, or the last slither of it to find the other lost races, this was her last thought before they got to the throne room.

Now it was up to Twilight to offer them their choice, stay as they are, or become something new that they have long forgotten how to be.

The group entered into the throne room as they pooled around the red carpet, Twilight ascended the steps and looked down, her face looked to be contemplating something that was on her mind but soon changed to a more neutral look. She turned her head and looked down at Christelle who knew what was coming due to the link, <If I tell them, there is no going back, they could in fact take this all the wrong way. Those thousands of years ago only few would live near your kingdom due to this fact, do you still wish for me to reveal the true nature of the Flutterponies? The choice is yours my child> Twilight said, looking directly at her, only to receive a nod to carry on.

Twilight sighed before standing tall, "Today we have retrieved the amulet to release the curse upon the Changelings and have also freed a gentle soul of his chains that bound him to a cruel fate. Today I present you a choice, if you accept the world will be altered, it is not my choice but your own as fate would decide. Now choose, would you want the changeling race to be part of your empire after you know there true nature? or will you forsake their kind like I have seen you do so many times, the choice is yours!"

Comments ( 27 )

3828728 Looks good, I will have to give it a read :pinkiehappy:

Oh geez :twilightoops: Editing this chapter ASAP!

I believe this will answer your question of whether or not I liked the chapter AND the pictures in it, my little Princess.
cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/860752-bigthumbnail.jpg

3829640 I can change the colors if you want to, and it shall be placed wherever you wish. I can even leave it on the clouds and give you wings to reach it, My Princess. :heart::heart::heart::twilightsmile:

3830020 Yes yes yes yes, I have always wanted wings :heart::raritystarry:

3830079 Then you shall have them, my Angel Princess!

3828728
Y u no finish SL?

When I first started this story, it was about Twilight losing her sight. Now, Twilight is a goddess, Chrysalis is a flutterpony, Luna is in love with Twilight, and a giant lava monster just turned into an alicorn colt. My life is complete.

Is all of this getting back the flutterponies? You said 'first' when Twilight first went to get Chryssi, so does that mean there are more pony tribes that need to be renewed? Like, I don't know...

Also,

a milk curdling scream

*does a spit-take* WHAAA...? :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

You mean "blood-curdling".... right? :unsuresweetie:

3849378 Looks left :trixieshiftleft: looks right :trixieshiftright:, I totally meant what I said, hahahahaha. for the latter I don't know, I will leave all that to your imaginations, only the future will tell :rainbowderp::heart:

3849395 Loved it, I love the lore behind the rest of MLP, there is so much that generation four has yet to discover I can't wait :pinkiehappy:

3957420 I am currently doing so that is why there havent been a chapter in a while, after the next chapter things become a lot more paced out and easier to read, thanks for the comment though, Serra.

4025513 I don't mind the down vote, this comment made me giggle with the tarzan reference, as for the hole OP.. er-ness I guess, its meant to be that way. Twilight is meant to be shown this way for specific reasons, another fact is she has stated she would not assist in any way of stopping "blank if you read it", so thats why she seems really OP. I have tried to make it less speech but it just ended up that way, sorry it wasn't your cup of tea but thank you very much for the criticism as it helps greatly in future endeavors and chapters. :heart::heart::pinkiehappy:

Please some more

4026155 is this still updating?

6312723 My doctor said I will be out of the hospital mid September so once I am out I am going to be going back to my stories and sorting through them, at the moment all I have is a tablet to use so I haven't been able.... or allowed since I can only use this for leisure... don't know how frigging typing isn't leisure but yeah, when I am out it will probably be evaluated and carry on.

I just had to recover from my Op's, and its been some time since I was home, just thankful its nearly over, I hate hospitals.

6314358 that's ok just take your time and recover

6314720 I have been in here for nearly 2 years, this November makes it two years. I want outie.

6315791 if that's what you want go for it i'm not complaining. although i will be slightly disappointed that this story never finished

good story, I start a fan fic in which twilight was a vampire who was also mother of both princess but been sleep for 1200 year, wake up in body of filly and go see her daughter only to learn things have change......never got past the 2nd chapter though.

good story

when can we expect the next chapter?

9155682
By the looks of it, Between now and the apocalypse.

Hopefully this will be continued some day.

Login or register to comment