• Published 23rd Nov 2013
  • 2,818 Views, 65 Comments

Voices in My Head Resurrection - firebirdabirdoffire



Pinkie Pie has always been the most social pony, but a it's a little known fact that she has issues. Never mind, everyone knows that. But its more severe then everyone thinks.

  • ...
2
 65
 2,818

A Taste of Things to Come

Voices in My Head

Original 4 chapters by ponyofawesome92

Chapter 5 - A Taste of Things to Come

Pinkamena beamed. She was one step closer to her goal. "Great, just let everything go for a while, let the emptiness fill you so I can take over for a while. You're probably tired of seeing your friends like that. How about I give a preview of what you can do. I can take care of one of them to give an example so you can pay the rest later. All you have to do is watch." Pinkamena said faux motherly, it convinced Pinkie Pie however.

Pinkie couldn't think straight. "Um.. sure, resting sounds nice. As long as you do that can you also my job today."

"Alright, baking and standing behind a counter is easy." 'Or I'll just ask Mr. Cake to take over.'

"I heard that." Pinkie mumbled, getting more 'sleepy', she felt getting body getting numb.

"Does it matter?"

"I guess not.. I wrote down a to-do list. It's on that table." Pinkie pointed.

"I'll take a look." Pinkamena groaned.

"Pinkie promise?"

"...Fine. I can't do the motions because I can't, and they are stupid."

"That's not very not nice."

"No duh. Just let go and let me take control already."

"'Kay." Her body went limp, it made her fall on the ground. After a short while she started to move again. She started stretching, it felt good, so good it made her chuckle.

"I don't think I ever have this, it's great." Pinkamena said. She looked in the mirror, her mane is completely straight. "Much better." Walking over to the to-do list she read:

See Twilight, for my problems
Prepare stuff for Pipsqueak's birthday
Celebrate Dumb Ester Luck's 'Month-Without-Bad-Luck' Party.

"AAAH! Owww... aaaah... I tripped... while flying. Why does that? Oh my face... I always forget that should walk instead of flying. AAAH! I tripped, I don't need another leg with steel bar in it!!" Said a voice outside.

"That was pointless." Pinkamena muttered.

"I have to change that to a 'I-Hope-You'll-Feel-Better-Soon' party." Pinkie said inside of her head.

"Later."

Brush my teeth
Bake the usual things

"Is that all?"

"Yup."

Pinkamena chuckled maniacally. "Mind if I add a few things?"

"Um... Sure."

"Great." Pinkamena said with a smug grin.

Tinkering with Twilight's day
Aggravating Applejack
Flustering Fluttershy up
Ravaging Rarity's
Giving Dash danger
*Last five not necessarily in that order

"That should cover it." She said while writing the last line down. "I'm going to Twilight's and show you how it's done." She looked into the mirror. "Mmmm..." She twisted around with her mane and tail with Gummy's scales, so it resembled Pinkie's more. It was perfect though, it looked more messy than poofy. "Stay quiet Pinkie, I don't you talking, you'll distract me."

"I'll do my best.. But you how chatty I am."

"Sadly I do.."

She walked downstairs trying to mimic Pinkie's manners, despite having no reason to, besides maybe her schemes. "Hello Pinkie, is something wrong?" Mrs. Cake asked. "That smile looks unbelievably fake."

"Nothing is wrong, Mrs. Cake." Pinkamena said with a faker grin.

"Are you sure? You come off as different pony to me."

"I assure you it's nothing."

"You're not convincing me, Carrot has a similar liar face. You can tell me anything, we've talked about this many times."

Pinkamena needed an excuse quick. "Um.. One of those nightmares got the best of me.. I'm seeing Twilight if she could do something about it." She faked a depressed tone. Mrs. Cake didn't buy it.

But just in case she said; "Aaaallrighty then. Take care. I'll do work on your shift then, again."

"Thank you Mrs. Cake." 'She was easily fooled.' Pinkamena snickered to herself outside the building. She didn't read Mrs. Cake's doubtful face.


Pinkamena was just peacefully walking to Twilight's library. Some ponies gave her some looks, maybe it was her mane, the fact she didn't look 'Pinkie Pie' happy, or her attitude towards simple greetings. Pinkamena kept Pinkie quiet, Pinkie's thoughts were blocked, Pinkamena couldn't hear her because she didn't want to. Pinkie did that to her for a long while, it only seemed fair. Pinkie can still see what happens.

On Pinkamena's way she came across a familiar face for Pinkie Pie. "Hello there, Pinkie darling." Rarity said.

"Hmmp.." Pinkamena said rudely to invoke a conversation with the white unicorn, so she can insult her with her non existent Pinkie fueled drinking problem. She kept walking, not even looking Rarity in the face.

"Well, no need to be rude about it. I wanted to offer to comb your mane because of the terrible state it's is in. But now I need to ask what's gotten into you." She asked concerned, she followed 'Pinkie'.

"You." Pinkamena answered quickly, still not looking at Rarity.

"I beg your pardon?" Rarity wasn't sure she heard that right.

"I said that you're part of the problem!" Pinkamena said deadpan.

Rarity was confused. "I'm afraid I don't understand. Would you care to elaborate?"

"I've seen you drinking alcohol because you hate me, don't lie." Pinkamena glared with anger. Pinkie's subconscious provided the tears that Pinkamena needed for effect.

"Wha?.. Darling, I don't drink at all."

"I said don't lie, Marshmallow!" Said Pinkamena loudly through her teeth.

"I don't drink my problems away, I'm honestly insulted that you would imply that." Rarity's fuse was lit, but still tried to reason.

"I don't wanna hear about it, Density." Pinkamena once again avoided eye contact and was on her way again.

"You know it's Rarity."

"And I don't care about your name, or you for that matter. Consider yourself the first pony was I unbefriend. Or whatever the word is!!" It attracted the attention of a few ponies around her. Rarity looked hurt, and that's all what Pinkamena cared about. Both Pinkie's and Rarity's misery felt great.

"Okay.. Farewell then, Pinkie.." Rarity said awkwardly. 'I need to remind myself to hold a conversation with the other girls later. There's definitely something fishy about this.' Rarity thought as she went her separate way.

Pinkamena laughed hard on the inside. 'So how did that feel, Pinkie?' She temporarily removed the mental barrier.

"..Strange. I'm not sure if I like this.." She sounded sad at the argument with Rarity.

'They deserve it. That drinker needed some stern talking to.'

"But Rarity said she doesn't drink."

'She's in denial.' Pinkamena lied. 'C'mon, I'll give you one more example, Let's go to the royal bookworm, like I said.'

To be continued...

Author's Note:

I tried to mimic ponyofawesome92's style as best as I could. But I did add some of my own tricks, which I admittingly added during the original editing of the first 4.

Sorry for the lateness for this one. I was busy writing some chapters for Super-Stallion's "Foal adventures." (The sequel of "Her little Rainbow", "The Cute and Adorable Twixie!" and "A little Dusty"). Check'em out if you like. But if you do read, them in the order of publishment. (HLR, TCaAT, ALD and then FA)

Anyways I'd love feedback. Because nothing shocks me more than that sound that plays while you get a message while you least expect it.