• Published 30th Oct 2013
  • 1,859 Views, 40 Comments

Finding Malcador - ThatRarityIsaSpy



Celestia, Luna and a few other companions go off to discover the true origins of Equestria, and themselves.

  • ...
4
 40
 1,859

It doesn't matter who we are


“And this is where we destroyed that foul den of monsters.” Cyrus said pointing at the ruins of what ponies locally called “Changeling city”. “Small they may be, but they could easily have been the third most foul thing I’ve had the displeasure of encountering.”

“What’s the first two?” Dashie asked.

“It’s a tie between Tyranids and Chaos. Though even they may not be the worst thing the galaxy may have to face.....”

“Oh come on, what’s worse than giant alien bugs that eat planets or big scary daemons?”

“Soulless automatons that will destroy everything. Everything. No pity, no remorse, and no means of stopping them. Necrons. Emperor knows what they are capable of.”

“Sheesh, it must really be a harsh life...”

“What told you that? The fact that Thule lost his eye or nearly got killed.... once? Twice? Thrice?”

“Hey, it’s not like Equestria has to deal with this all.”

“And that’s why you’re lucky. Your kind repel chaos, no need to worry of having your souls devoured by the vile gods of chaos. I am just glad the Emperor will protect my soul once I die.”

“He must truly be a noble man to protect all his subjects.” Luna commented. “How powerful exactly is he?”

“More powerful than whatever foul entity that dotes on our souls. He will protect us. The day he rises from his throne, he will lead us to greatness and destroy the vile forces of chaos.”
“Speaking of vile forces, watch yourselves my friends.” Martellus said. “There’s something still here.”

“Dead bodies maybe?” Luna said flatly. “Did you do this?”

“Just myself, Tarkus, Diomedes and Cyrus.” Martellus said. “I think after this, we all made the galaxy a more pleasant place.”
“I dunno....” Applebloom said. “Ah don’t like changelings, but.... do they really deserve this? There’s not like a single one of the left!”


“You...... humans.....!” A voice boomed making Applebloom jumped... it was... a changeling.
“Oh look, another one of these things.” Cyrus said uninterested. “There you go Davian, that’s a changeling for you. Now what comes to mind when you see something that looks like that?”

Thule glared at the changeling.

“Away beast, lest I descend into a less reasonable temper.”

“You’re not going to kill it?” Adrastia said surprised. Thule wasn’t particularly known for his reasonableness or willingness not to kill anything that he disliked. Adrastia on the other hand, was more...... reasonable... as far as most humans went.

“I might. I might. Now you going to move yourself or do I have to throw you off a ledge?”

“Monster! Demon! Fiend! You will face judgement when you die! It’s true, you are consumed by hate! You are no better than the d...”


“You dare put me on the same level as daemons? Thule roared at the top of his lungs. “Insolent creature!” Taking his bolter, he fired at the changeling, tearing it’s head clean off.

“Ew....” Applebloom said looking at the body. “That’s just.... horrible!”

“Man, it’s not like he was going to hurt you!”

“Hurting a space marine’s honor is the same as hurting him physically.” Adrastia said. “Honor is very important to the space marine.”

“A mighty race of warriors no doubt!” Dashie said trying to act calm. “Now I wish I was a space marine!”

“I am flattered.” Thule said grinning. “Now let’s get going.... I don’t want to be behind schedule...”

“Huh?”

“Nevermind.” Thule said just remembering Eliphas’ last words.

Abaddon has found the means to escape Cadia.



“Well, I think I’ll get some rest!” Dashie said getting on her cloud. “Even humans need sleep too right?”

“You need sleep after 20 hours if you’re a normal person, Ten times that amount if you’re a space marine.” Adrastia said. “Now then, I’ll get some rest too.” Leaning against a rock, Adrastia used her hat as a blind.

“Davian? May I speak to you for a moment?” Celestia asked with Luna.

“Sure what is it?”

“In private?”

“Okay, I don’t see why not.”

The three walked to a more secluded location, away from the others.

“Tell me, there is something I sense in you.... it’s...”

“I don’t have all day now...” Thule said after the long pause.

“Well.... I believe it’s that you know something everyone else doesn’t.....”

Thule was instantly on his guard.

“How do you know that?” He asked. The dark cloak of fear was now wrapping around him, the last thing anyone needed would be if that story got out.

“Davian, we just wanted to reassure you. We sensed despair in your heart because of this.” Luna said. “Listen... it doesn’t matter who you are or what you are. All that matters is what you do. Even if your roots come from the enemy, you are a hero to your people. Never stop thinking that, even if there is something shady about your origins.”

Thule was rather dumbfounded. Being sworn enemies of chaos, Thule would of expected the two to denounce him for his potential roots with the Thousand sons, but wait....

“Is that why you let Discord live and be free?” He asked.
“Yes. I am sure he is willing to become one who helps others. Look at him, he may be a spirit of chaos, but it was he who had saved Equestria just mere weeks ago. I am sure he’ll wish to help you in your battle against your enemies... you two may found out you have more in common than you think.”

“Please, never say that phrase again.” Thule said. She was reminding him of Eliphas. “I see you do hold an open mind. But be on your guard Celestia of Equestria, for an open mind is like a fortress with all it’s gates unlocked and wide open.”

“Even the most fortified citadels need to open their gates sometimes.” Celestia chuckled. “I hope what I say here does ease you up a bit.”
“It does.” Thule said. “It does. Though... let this be our secret, okay?”

“You have my word.”
Thule slept easier that night with Celestia’s reassuring. Perhaps where he comes from may not matter after all.