• Published 30th Oct 2013
  • 1,879 Views, 40 Comments

Finding Malcador - ThatRarityIsaSpy



Celestia, Luna and a few other companions go off to discover the true origins of Equestria, and themselves.

  • ...
4
 40
 1,879

Who we owe

“I got some bad news girls.” Sweetie Belle said as she walked over to join her friends. “They said we can’t go along with them!”

“Why not?! It’s not like anything’s bad is going to happen!”

“I dunno. But... it’s not fair! We could miss a chance at earning our cutie marks!”

“Wait... I got an idea.... why don’t we................”





“This too your highness.” The gentlecolt-in-waiting said as he placed more things into Celestia’s saddlebag. “And done... have a lovely evening.”

“You too.” Celestia said as she went into Luna’s room admiring the new decor. The entire room itself resembled the night sky, while the ceiling was a literal map of the galaxy.
“Imagine how surprised they were when it turned out I knew what the galaxy looked like.” Luna chuckled. “They’re not the only ones who’ve been to space.”

“You think we can find out... more after this?”

“Duh.” Luna said as she got her saddlebag on. “That Arven guy however..... well he’s got some crazy ideas in his helmet.”

“Why?”

“He thinks we’re suppossed to be human..... I mean seriously? I think there’d be a lot more dead bodies in Equestria if we were.”

“I bet. You ever wonder about how humanity has managed to survive? Their race seems bent on fighting.”

“I heard otherwise... I think it’s that we’ve only met like... a soldier caste. “Space marines” as they call themselves. They are different from regular humans.... more bloodthirsty one could say.”

“You ever wonder why they think Equestria is so important?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well..... I heard most humans tend to burn planets that belong to other races....”

“That’s horrible!”

“I know.... but still... perhaps Equestria showed them that not all races out there are there to murder or enslave them. If I recall correctly... the ones called the Eldar are manipulative and dishonest, the Dark Eldar are.... depraved beyond measure, Orcs are mindless savages, Chaos is rather self-explanatory, a race called Tyranids seek only to consume and the necrons seek to destroy all life.”

“I am pretty sure there are more than seven races in this galaxy.” Luna said.

“There is.... or was.....” Celestia said. “I am pretty sure we all can guess what happened to them....”

“Let’s not think about that. Apparently however humans once were on Equestria?”

“I think we’ll find that out soon enough once we’re all done with this.”





“The fact that Malcador used to be on this planet is rather... bizarre.” Adrastia said. “What do you think?”

“I think those two may of have something to do with Malcador.... perhaps trained by him?” Arven suggested.

“Sounds logical.” Adrastia replied. “It’s too bad we don’t know the hero’s stance on xenos.”

“Maybe they’re the two lost primarchs?”

“No way. First off, ALL the primarchs were male.... and unless some massive mistake happened.... actually on second thought, the more I think about it.... it sounds plausible... reason they may have been lost to us all?”

“Time will tell.. time will tell...” Arven said. “I have other theories as well.”

“I don’t want to hear about them.” Adrastia said. “How much this time? 5? 6?”

“1.”

Adrastia paused... considering if she wanted to listen to the grey knight ramble on about his "normal" ideas.

Nah.



“You think you’ll be okay?” Applejack asking Dashie. “Ah know them humans are the friendly type but even then.”

“Big deal... the princesses will be with me, and I know Davian Cool is a great guy!”

“Well.... you said so.... hope you’ll be okay.”

“I will Applejack. This is just going to be like Daring Do! Oh my gosh!”

Applejack decided now was the time to leave lest she be bombarded with anything Do related.


“Equestria. The new crown jewel of perhaps the entire sector.” Cyrus said leaning forward into his desk. “Known for it’s great scenery, undisturbed wildlife, and magical talking horses that repel chaos.”

“Shouldn’t this be my job?” Solomon asked as he sat down next to Cyrus in a large chair made just for him and his kind. “And shouldn’t you be on your way?”

“Oh yes. Thank you, I got too carried away here.” Cyrus said as he got his stuff. “Mind finishing that for me?”

“Sure.”

“Thanks.”

“Can I say something funny?”

“Go ahead. I doubt I will find it funny though.”

“Only about 200 years ago did you serve with the deathwatch. Now here you are, the very reason we haven’t burned this planet.”

“I signed up to fight Tyranids and monsters. There’s no honor, no pride, nothing to be gained in killing something that I know children would adore. Or something I myself do like seeing on a daily basis.”

“Growing attached now are we?”

“Shut up.”

“Listen Cyrus, we all on thin ice here. The inquisition is...”

“Do I care? I owe my loyalty to my chapter and the Emperor. I owe friendship to Equestria. I owe neither of those to the inquisition. For the Emperor’s sake, your average pony cares more about me than those fools I served under. They only care about their own agenda. The inquisition was a great idea went wrong! Even Adrastia says the entire Inquisition is composed of fools who care more about their own personal agendas then the Emperor! No matter what the inquisition says, my loyalty is always with the Emperor. And no one, no one will say otherwise!”

“Thank the Emperor we aren’t in a room with any Inquisitors. But as you know.... to fear them, unnecessary. To hate them, heretical.”

“I think I got carried away... again. But do you agree with me?”

“Agree with you on what?”

“That we owe our loyalty to the Emperor and our friendship to Equestria?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know.”

Cyrus snorted and went out, leaving Solomon into deep thought. So long as friendship to Equestria didn’t conflict with his faith to the Emperor.... perhaps that’s okay after all.
He almost slapped himself at that statement. That's not okay.... at least not according to a certain organization that Cyrus had long lost faith in.
He wondered for a moment, what the Emperor's stance would be on Equestria, and what Malcador's would be.