• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 6,884 Views, 115 Comments

Turnabout Reunion - unleashedtwilight



It's been about eight years since Phoenix proved Rainbow Dash's innocence. And a lot has happened during that time. Not just for Phoenix, but for the Ponies as well.

  • ...
14
 115
 6,884

Part 4 Destiny

Wright Anything Agency
June 9th, 3:50PM

Everyone of us headed back to Wright Anything Agency to plan out our investigation. Since I’m finished talking to Sunset Shimmer, I might as well help with the investigation. After all, I don’t think Phoenix would say no to me… But there has been something else on my mind as well… Those five black psyche locks… I wasn’t able to remove them from Trixie, but this time, I have to be the one to remove them from Sunset Shimmer. So that’s what I’m going to do! “Phoenix…?”

“Yeah Twilight?” he said turning to me.

“I was wondering if I could come with you and help with the investigation.”

“I don’t know Twilight… investigations can get pretty dangerous here.”

“Investigating in Equestria was dangerous for you too Phoenix… after all you did get attacked in the forrest.”

“Nick!” Maya exclaimed. “You didn’t tell us you got attacked! We could have called the police!”

“I highly doubt any police officer would find me in ‘that’ location Maya!”

“Oh by the way Nick! You did get rid of that picture right?”

“Huh? What picture?”

“You know…” Maya said rubbing the back of her head. “The one Pearly thought it was from a ‘sugar mama’...”

Suddenly Phoenix’s face went from confusion to utter shock. “P-please Maya, don’t mention that now!!”

“Huh?” I interrupted. “Phoenix, what picture is she talking about?”

“Uh… let’s just say it was evidence from when I was in Equestria…”

“What evidence was it?”

“Really?” Maya interrupted. “That picture with the rainbow pony was evidence…?”

“Picture with--...” I then went into shock. “Oh my… you mean the one with Rainbow Dash--...”

“T-Twilight, hush up about that!!” Phoenix exclaimed.

“Okay, now I’m curious…” Athena said with a smirk.

“Look, don’t worry about it Athena… it was just evidence that somepony was trying to blackmail my client.”

“Did you seriously just say ‘somepony’...” Apollo mused.

“Wait a second…” Rainbow started. “Blackmail……….” Then she went into shock… and anger… “YOU SHOWED HER THAT!?!?!

“W-wait! Rainbow Dash, I can explain!!” Phoenix exclaimed.

“Why in Equestria would you show her that picture of me!?!? As if ponies in that trial knowing wasn’t enough!”

“She grabbed the picture out of my pocket! I was never even planning on showing her!”

“Aaagghh… Come on!!” Rainbow Dash grunted.

“I’m sorry okay!? It’s not like there’s anything I can do about it now!”

“Look… we don’t exactly have time to worry about the past, alright?” I sighed. “We have to investigate the crime scene right now… but… before we do…” I looked up to Mr. Wright. “Phoenix? Back in the detention center, like I told you then, I was never able to remove those psyche locks from Trixie…”

“Yeah…?” he responded.

“Well, I want to be able to remove Sunset Shimmer’s Psyche locks this time. Which leads me to… well…” I paused and looked as confident as I could. “I want to be the one to defend her.

“Huh?” Was all Phoenix responded.

“Twilight, are you sure that’s such a good idea?” Celestia asked. “You are basically putting the life of Sunset Shimmer in your hands…”

“I realize that Princess Celestia… but after Phoenix left Equestria, I’ve been doing some study of law on my spare time… plus, I want to be the one who proves my friend innocent…”

“But Twilight, it’s not that easy. You need to have an attorney badge to defend her…” Phoenix stated.

“Oh come on Nick, you forgot already?” Maya asked.

“Huh?”

“Eight years ago, who was the one who took your place after you ran and fell through burning bridge?”

“Edgeworth… I gave him my magatama, and attorney badge so that he could defend Iris.”

“Wait a minute, you ran through a burning bridge!?” I exclaimed. “What in the world were you thinking!?”

“I needed to make sure Maya was safe at the time, alright??”

There was a slight pause in the room until I broke the silence again. “Also… who’s Iris?”

Phoenix sighed looking down. “Iris was… someone I knew.”

“Who?”

“Just… a friend.”

“Phoenix, you do realize I’m still holding the magatama… right??”

“Okay, okay!” he exclaimed. “It was a girl I used to be with… I guess you could say she was my girl friend… a girl friend who I knew nothing about.”

“Knew nothing about? How does that work?”

“Because, at the time I knew her with a different name… Dahlia Hawthorne… Don’t get me wrong, both Dahlia and Iris did exist… they were twin sisters. Which gets me to the part of why I knew nothing about Iris. I first met Dahlia after a major trial… the poisoning of a defense attorney. She met me after that trial and asked me to hold on to something for her; a bottle necklace in the shape of a heart. I didn’t know it at the time, but that bottle originally had poison in it. The poison that was used on the other attorney. That was the only day I actually saw Dahlia… the real Dahlia. For six months, I was with Iris, thinking it was her sister. The second time I saw the real Dahlia, was when I was in court.”

“Oh, so who were you defending?” Celestia interrupted.

“No Celestia, I wasn’t defending anyone… I was the one being accused for murdering a student that went to the same college as me.”

“That’s right…” I interrupted. “I remember you telling me something about this back when we were in Equestria.”

“Blinded by my love for her, I thought she was going to protect me… But she gave a testimony against me instead.” I sighed looking down. “But there was one person who did protect me and prove me innocent… Mia Fey… She’s the one who taught me what being a defense attorney was really about. Finding the truth… always believe in our client until the very end… and always greet our client with a smile, especially when things seem bad.”

“Always keep smiling…” I said showing a slight smirk thinking of Sunset Shimmer. Don’t worry Sunset Shimmer… I will prove you innocent, no matter what it takes. I’ll find everything I can to help you.

“Alright Twilight…” Phoenix said removing his badge. “Here.” He handed me his attorney badge. I couldn’t help but smile looking at it and at Phoenix.

“Thank you so much Phoenix… You have no idea how much this means to me.” I said attaching the badge to my collar… or trying to.

“Here, let me help…” Phoenix said attaching the badge.

“Thanks.”

“Twilight…” Celestia sighed. “You’ve never defended anyone in your life before. You’re taking a big risk here.”

“I know Celestia… But she’s my friend. And it’s also my duty to protect her.”

Celestia looked down for a moment concerned. But then looked back up with a slight smile. “I knew I made the right decision…”

“Huh?” Phoenix asked. “What do you mean?”

Celestia simply giggled at Phoenix’s confusion. “Things didn’t only change for you Mr. Wright… Things changed for all of us… Twilight especially.”

“What changed for Twilight…?”

“Well…” I smiled sheepishly. “I’m a princess in Equestria now.”

Phoenix just looked at me wide-eyed. “You’re… a princess?”

I nodded blushing. “Mhm…”

Phoenix was silent for a moment and then just shook his head. “Uh… how about we get to the crime scene…?” He said obviously in disbelief.

“I’ll be there too.” Athena smiled. “In fact, how about I assist you in trial tomorrow, Twilight?”

“Thanks Athena, but I don’t think I’ll need help…” I smiled slightly.

“Actually, I think she should go with you.” Apollo said walking up to us. “With her power, she can be really helpful.”

“What exactly is her power…?” I asked.

“Well…” Athena started. “I’m able to hear the emotions of a person’s heart, and if an emotion doesn’t make sense, we present that to that person.”.

“That’s… that’s amazing…” was all I could let out. I can hardly imagine the possibilities with that power. But just before I was about to get more into detail about her power there was a knock on the door. “Who could that be?”

“I don’t know, but I suggest all of you go into the other room.” Apollo stated.

“Huh? What for?” Applejack spoke out.

“No, no.” I interrupted. “He’s right, come on let’s go.”

“Thanks.” Apollo said as everyone walked into the other room… well, almost everyone. I decided to hide a little close. Close enough so I could see who was coming in.

“Come in.” Phoenix finally responded to the knock.

“Oh!! Mr. Wright! You are going to defend Sunset Shimmer, right!?” A loud familiar voice exclaimed walking in…… Wait… IS THAT…!?

“W-what the!?” Phoenix exclaimed. “How did--... when did you--...!?” Phoenix obviously too surprised, I decided to step in.

“Phoenix, calm down…” I giggled a bit. “It’s only Pinkie Pie.”

Pinkie Pie… or I should say this worlds Pinkie Pie, was just looking at me… strangely with disappointment. “What are you doing here??”

“I’m here for the same reason as you… Flash Sentry, right?”

“Of course I’m here about that! I just asked if he was going to defend Sunset Shimmer!”

“Why are you so angry…?”

“Because you shouldn’t be here! And since when did you care about him?? All you did was ignore him and us!”

I strike what I said before… this other me is even WORSE than the actual me was…… my head hurts…

“Pinkie Pie, you don’t understand. I’m not that same person… literally.”

“And what is that supposed to mean??” Pinkie Pie said sternly looking at me.

“Ugh…” How am I going to convince her that--

“Hey Pinkie Pie!” A voice from below called out. “Good to see you again!”

“Huh?” Pinkie and I both said looking down at Spike. “Spike, you were supposed to be in the other room!”

I then heard a dramatic gasp from Pinkie Pie. “Y..your dog is talking!? But the only talking dog I’ve seen belongs to…” she slowly turned to me. “P...princess… Twilight…?”

I smiled slightly. “It really is good to see you again Pinkie Pie.”

“Oh my gosh!!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed and hugged me. “I’m so sorry I yelled at you! If I knew it was you I wouldn’t have!”

“It’s okay Pinkie Pie, really.” Pinkie Pie picked up Spike.

“Hey Spikey!” Pinkie giggled and started petting him.

“You actually caught us as we were about to go and investigate the crime scene.”

“Whoa, wait a minute! What exactly are you doing back here Twilight?”

“Well… we originally wanted to visit Mr. Wright, but then this whole thing happened…” I sighed.

“Wait, who’s ‘we’?”

“Alright, girls… you can come out.” I called out. All of my friends, including Celestia, then walked into the room. All Pinkie Pie did was stare at everyone in shock. But then she saw…

“What… the…” This worlds Pinkie Pie said staring at our Pinkie Pie.

“Wow… it’s like I’m looking into the future!” Our Pinkie exclaimed.

“So you’re from Equestria like Twilight?”

“Sure am!” our Pinkie exclaimed. “Do you love to throw parties??”

“Of course!!”

Then eventually… this happened.

“Do you like playing games? Making friends? Helping friends? Baking cupcakes? Baking Pie? Baking Cake? Throwing parties? Being with your--...” they both went on at the same time while everyone in the room just had a freaked out expression...until I stopped them.

“STOP!!” I exclaimed. “Please! We have to go investigate! I’ll be defending her tomorrow!”

“Wait!” This worlds Pinkie Pie turned to me. “Your defending Sunset Shimmer??”

“It won’t be easy… but yes, I have to be the one to defend her.” I said confidently. “She’s a friend, and a true true friend helps a friend in need.”

This world’s Pinkie Pie giggled a bit. “You really haven’t changed.”

“What do you want us to do while you’re away?” Apollo asked Mr. Wright.

“For now, just keep an eye on everyone.” Phoenix answered. “We’ll be back as soon as we can.”

“Alright, good luck to all of you.” Apollo said with a comforting smile.

With that, we then made our way out the door, to finally begin our investigation.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the delay everyone, but I've been pretty busy lately... anyways! hope you enjoyed this chapter and twist!

Comments ( 39 )

My god! You referenced my favorite song! Good job!:derpytongue2::pinkiehappy:

3546652 A True True Friend.

Thank you for listening to my request but I think Maya should still apologize to Rainbow Dash and Nick.

Ahhh, shenanigans. :twilightblush:

I forget, what was the time differential between their worlds again?

:facehoof: 2 Pinkie Pies in 1 world... :facehoof: that will not end well. I am calling that right now. 2 Pinkies in 1 world is going to have some really bad results at some point. I just know it. Ugh... prepare for a possible near world ending party.
On a side note: random moustache! :moustache:

3547047 I believe in this story it is every Equestrian year is four Earth years.

Comment posted by sonicfan21 deleted Nov 28th, 2013

When are we going to get to the trial? I want to see Twilight's reaction to Prosecutor Blackquill and his hawk, Taka.

WooHoo!!! Twilight meeting EQG Pinkie again!! ......:rainbowderp: This is going to get confusing isn't it?? :facehoof: Oh boy. Still that's a nice twist. Human's Pinkies Reaction I think was spot on. Since Human Twilight was being a "big o Meanie." Also Twi (Equestria Twilight) defending Sunset Shimmer, Nice. :eeyup:

Now it just time to sit back and wait on the next chapter to see what happens next. I kinda hope that the next chapter is longer with more crime scene investigation and character interactions.

See you next chapter. :pinkiesmile:

Break dem locks twi! Time to get your game face on! :twilightangry2:

...the two Pinkies have met. I'll brace myself for the Pinkie-pocalypse. It's like a normal apocalypse, but with 3000000% more parties and sweets! Oh, and every rule and law are thrown into a blender and puree'd into a strawberry ice mango-ade. Fun, right?!:pinkiecrazy:

Great, I just thought of something, there are now two beings/people that go by the name Twilight Sparkle, how is this going to affect court proceedings when you literally have two of the same person?

...i have a sneaking suspicion as to who killed Flash Sentry...

3595716 That only applies if there is two pony Pinkie Pies due to the fact that Human Pinkie Pie can't pull anything that she wants out of nowhere like pony Pinkie and thus she can't screw over reality like pony Pinkie Pie can.

3672478

Uhm, have you not seen equestria girls? Human pinkie does the same exact stuff that pony pinkie does.

3706521 Did Human Pinkie Pie turn her face into that of a different person like pony Pinkie turned her face into that of G3 Pinkie.

3706573

No, but Human pinkie did what pony pinkie did at the end! They still break the fourth wall.

I just had an image pop into my head of both Pinkies trying to do Good Cop/Bad Cop, but because they're exactly the same, they only succeed in completely confusing the guy they're interrogating.

nice story

Two Pinkie Pies? DEAR-TARTARUSES-STEEL-PLATED-BUTT MAN!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!

Also, are you sure Twilight should be doing this, I mean Blackquill can be pretty brutal after all, and you can be sure he won't pull his punches just because Twi's a rookie.

3826180 How is Phoenix supposed to know about what the Black Psyche Locks hide before Case 5 happens? There is no explanation for that.

3670614 Human Twi breakdown, anyone? :trollestia:

3670614 your 'wright' it was......trixie!

3826180 We may need some mental bandaids....and a transfusion of random

4016871 Yeah literally just figured that out seconds before writing this and are you going to fill the plot hole I am talking about? Not as a euphemism but the actual literary plot hole.

You should update this again. Its really good.

So, my only questions are:
1. Will Blackquill address Twilight with an insulting nickname, or as Sparkle-dono?
2. How long til he breaks his shackles for the umpteenth time?

4610794 THEN HOW DOES PHOENIX KNOW WHAT IS BEHIND THE BLACK PSYCHE LOCKS:flutterrage: He didn't have a reason for Pearl to research them until the last trial in Dual Destinies, so HOW! DOES! HE! KNOW!?!?

4923533

Because FUCK CONSISTENCY:flutterrage:!!

Comment posted by Randomreader-001 deleted Jan 19th, 2015

5523377 True, movie wise it doesn't make much sense for Twilight to end up having a crush on Flash Sentry. Though now that he's here (in the movie and apparently is Cannon via S4 appearance) There's not much that can be done about that.
For this story however, there is logic. Twilight only knew Flash for a short time, and he did help her out multiple times and is shown to be a good guy. That fact being said, true he seems like the stereotype High School guy only seeming to have interests in Music and just wants to hang out with his friends and doesn't have a drive for the future.
Though here is where I have to disagree with you. We don't know what his character is really like other than the small snippets that we've seen and can gleam from the movie. For all we do know though is that he is skilled in playing a guitar, he can and has a car to drive, and apparently has a social life outside of school.
As for

Flash is an underachieving high school monkey.

and

lacks clear direction or drive

We, the audience, can't really say that for certain. We don't know enough about his character to really say that he has no drive at all.

(My Opinion) Twilight being hurt by Flash's death is right for this story. She and him had a thing for each other. The fact that Twilight won't be able to see if anything more comes of their crush for each other is a legit reason for her to react like she did. Whether that crush would become something more or, as you have pointed out, would just disappear with time spent together is now a mute point in this tale due to him being killed.
On a last note.
Yes, for all we know Twilight is a young twenty something odd adult who shouldn't be with an eighteen or nineteen old High Schooler. Mind you though, we don't really know Twilight (or any of the Mane-six) actual age. We just know that the society between the two worlds is different and therefore age standards for jobs, growth, and other things are different.

I'm not suprised that Twilight freakin' Sparkle has a doctorate in half of EVERY existing field known to man! Can anyone imagine her as a lawyer?

No Trixie? No wonder why this thing is dead :,b

I'd love it if this was continued!

Login or register to comment