• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 4,083 Views, 316 Comments

Clyde's Tales - Salivanth



A collection of fairy tales featuring an eminently sensible earth pony named Clyde.

  • ...
10
 316
 4,083

Clyde and the Cart

Clyde and the Cart

Once upon a time, there lived an eminently sensible earth pony named Clyde. One day, Clyde was pulling a cart to market along with two of his daughters. A unicorn passed by them on the road, and looked upon them with disapproval.

"You are wasting that cart," he said to Clyde’s daughters. "You should allow your father to ride upon it, and carry him, rather than force him to walk when it is not necessary."

Clyde told the pony he was right, and hopped onto the cart. As soon as the other pony was out of sight, he hopped back off. One of his daughters said: "Why aren't you staying on the cart, father?"

"If I were to stay on this cart the entire ride to market, with my extra weight on the cart rather than contributing to pulling it, you would all be too tired to walk the long trip back with the supplies we have to buy. That other pony didn't think things through before offering his advice." Clyde replied.

"Then why did you get onto the cart in the first place, father?" asked his other daughter.

"Sometimes it is easier to placate fools than to argue with them," Clyde said.

Author's Note:

By Salivanth.