• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 4,083 Views, 316 Comments

Clyde's Tales - Salivanth



A collection of fairy tales featuring an eminently sensible earth pony named Clyde.

  • ...
10
 316
 4,083

Clyde and the Lake Beast

Once upon a time, there lived a young, eminently sensible colt by the name of Clyde. Young Clyde lived with his mother, an eminently sensible mare named Claudia. Claudia and Clyde lived next to a somewhat sensible pony named Carol, and her not-so sensible son named Chris. It was the day of the sprout market, and Clyde and his neighbor Chris were to go and pick up some sprouts for the first time.

"Now, Clyde. They say a beast lives in the lake on the way to the market. Apparently, the beast loves the smell of sprouts, and the taste of pony. So don't stand near the edge Clyde." Claudia warned. Carol warned her son as well.

Clyde nodded and said goodbye to his mother.

Clyde easily avoided the lake on his way to the market. When he was coming back, he met up with Chris.

"Hello Chris."

"Hello Clyde."

The two eventually came to the lake with sprouts in tow. Chris and Clyde gazed at the lake for a moment. Clyde was thinking of testing the myth, and going to the edge. Clyde quickly dismissed the thought, as he wanted to live another day.

"Is the lake beast myth true, Clyde?"

"I do not know. But it would be best not to test it out. I don't want to lose my life, or the alfalfa."

"I'm going to test it Clyde! I don't care what you, or my mother says. I am an independent pony, and I will make my own choices." Clyde only rolled his eyes, and continued on the path to his home.

Clyde safely returned to his mother. Chris was never seen again.

The moral of the story is: Mother knows best.

Author's Note:

By SwiftStroke.