• Published 19th Mar 2012
  • 1,710 Views, 19 Comments

Unforgiven Winter - Rambo



It has been years and Twilight looks through her Scrap Book that has been collecting dust for time.

  • ...
11
 19
 1,710

Colors of Reunion - Part 2/2

Please read this before continuing

This is a LONG chapter but an ACTION chapter. I will have a xCHECKPOINTx along the story. Whats this for you ask? Well this IS a long chapter, I know I don't have very many people viewing this and to those who are reading this story, I want to make sure I make this story give you a real ride. I have created the checkpoint so you all do not become bored while reading. I can admit even my favorite stories bore me at times and I come back to read them later on. Basically, the checkpoint is just there for you to either stop reading and do your other life activities, or to take a break from reading and come back to it later. Do not want to bore you, now then, off to the climax of the story!

Also I can tell many have lost interest in this story by now. Due to a sudden sickness I received a few days ago, I've been dead on writing for a FULL week. I'll go into further detail about this later, if you do not want to read the story, please have the courtesy to go to the end to know what is going to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: I forgot to add this but the timberwolf, the one Twilight killed, the black shadows puring out formed a circle/puddle around it and the Timberwolf turned back into a mound of snow. Forgot to add that so just keep that in mind.


Unforgiven Winter

Chapter 7

Colors of Reunion


"Ka-Ka-Kale!" stuttered Twilight as she turned her head around to see if the familiar voice she had just heard had the same memorable face. Her was quickly turned into a semi-frown when she saw the figure that stood in front of her. Right there in the from of her stood... Mare Do Well?


"Mare Do Well?!"

"In the flesh Ms.Sparkle"

"But... but... you're just-"

"A fictional character of your imagination?"

She had no response to the heroic pony that stood in front of her, no matter how similar it sounded to Kale. "Are you alright Twi?" asked Mare Do Well. It took Twilight a few seconds to recover her mixed thoughts accordingly so she could answer him. She continued to stay dumbfounded upon seeing her own creation being alive in front of her. For a few moments she was thinking to herself completely ignoring his questions to think about the few possibilities of who was in the suit, but in the end, each one had a contradiction forcing her to believe it was... somepony else.

"Hey! Are you all ri-"

"I'm fine! I'm...fine...sorry I just, spaced out there for a moment"

It was a moment of awkwardness and confusion at the very moment. MDW (Mare Do Well) is supposed to be a character we created to stop Rainbow Dash's cocky attitude, I don't understand, who is this supposed to be? Why does she sound like Kale? Her voice... HIS voice is so similar to Kale but there's some sort of disorientation in his voice, similar to Syra's. the thought circled Twilight's mind. Mare Do Well sighed out a cold breathe that turned to small icicles and slowly hit the ground. Guess I should just reveal the big secret I have, you shouldn't be surprised, with that look onto your face I can tell you're just trying to deny who I am. he chuckled lightly.

The mysterious mustang slowly leaned forward so that the hat would slip off his head and fall to the ground. He then proceeded to shake his head quickly to that the mask would become loose enough for him to slip it off his skull. Twilight craved to see if it really was him, to see if it really was the love she had turned down for such reason years ago. Inch by inch the mask was coming off and more of the face was being revealed to the eager Twilight until the mighty pegasus completely took it off all at once while it was halfway in one swift motion.


She had to see it to believe it; her mouth gaped open in surprise and a flush of pure joy filled her heart. Hope was restored but not innocence, innocence was the first casualty during the conflict between her and the sudden change of heart Syra. Aside from her stood the long lost loved pegasus, Kale.


"KALE!" shouted Twilight with color and pure joy and a smile so wide that it had reflected the moons light straight to Kale's face, blinding him momentarily. "Agh! Hey Twi-Twi! It's been so lo-OOF" his breath was knocked out of him as Twilight had tackled him to the ground out of happiness. "Oh Kale! It's been years and they... Hubert said you've been dead this whole time and I KNEW he was lying! he always does that! But Syra, she's evil! PURE EVIL! She tried to kill him and her magic is, oh Celestia, her magic is absolutely HORRIFIC! Her illusions almost drove me to insanity, I didn't think I’d survive if it wasn't for that last strand of hope I had left in me, which was to see you again before I had died, to see ALL of you before I die! I would never forget any -"


Her ramblings, apologies, comments, and questions flooded the night but the winter snow now fell lightly and calmly on the ground. Snow soft enough for it to feel like a freshly crafted bed made of cloud and feather. The still dressed Kale just lay there on the ground beside Twi on the fresh laid out snow, not minding her talk. He simply sighed and nodded after everything she said with his eyes closed and a smile on his face. His wings rested at his side except for his left one which occasionally kept touching Twilight on the side of her leg and to scratch his forehoof.


It hadn't been more than 5 minutes until she started telling Kale about Syra and how she destroyed the house. Kale didn't have any change of emotion or reaction; he continued to lie down on the snow with Twilight, bathing in the lights of the moon.

Kale opened his eyes for a brief moment to catch a glimpse of Twi and made eye contact with her. He closed his eyes and without Twilight noticing, (due to the fact she was still rambling on about what happened) he became part of the calm and sacred night. Twilight turned her body so that it faces him only to see a terrible sight, Kale's back legs were turning to ice. It was spreading slowly but surely upwards towards chest and then chest.

"KALE NO!" shouted Twilight in horror. She attempted to stand up but was pulled right back down quickly by Kale's wing. She looked back down at her leg and snow covered hoof to see Kale's wing was back at his side. Looking at the lower part of his body, she also noticed the ice that was forming around his legs was retreating slowly back to the snow on the ground.

"Shhhhh, sit down Twi" pleaded Kale. She obliged and sat down closely beside him to hear what it was he had to say to her. Few seconds passed until he finally stood up leaving the mask on the ground and shaking off the snow that was planted onto his back. Twilight's mane was still a bit down because of the little bath Syra had given her before when they had their conflict inside the house. Some of the mane was down and covered her right eye partially but didn't obscure her vision.

Before saying anything, he cleared his throat out with a cough and carefully clearing the mane from Twilight's eye. Listen Twilight, I would really love for us to be here together and to speak more of what is happening, but just think about everything that HAS happened right now, did you forget about all the friends you left behind at the house so quickly?" he chuckled heartily. Kale knew very well that Twilight had explained to him already but was just trying to switch the subject back to the lost friends at the house.


The thought did strike Twilight, her friends are probably dead, the twins home was destroyed, she vanquished Syra and her winter pets, and all she did at the moment was rejoice to the reunion of her and her long lost love Kale and tell him all the nightmare-ish events that has happened to her. She felt terrible for having not spoken too much of Hubert, Charlie, Victor, and Rainbow Dash, but she rather not want to know their fates and what the wicked unicorn had done to them if they lived.


"But I told you everything that happened! I'm not a bad mare..."

She pouted with her head looking downwards at her hooves.


Kale lifter up her head so that she looked up at Kale and they were both on the same eye level. "Hey now, don't be sad, it'll all be okay..." he paused momentarily so that he and Twi were fave to fave as he leaned in closer. "Now listen Twi, this is a winter that has been as haunting as the ones in the recent years of your absence. To you, no. To Charlie and Victor, yes, and to Hubert?... yes. It was... some sort of seal that has been protecting you for so long. If you are here now, then obviously it means that the seal has broken your protection against... her."


"What do you mean seal? What are you talking about?"
"Twilight dear... if only you knew her reasons, but I can't say them now, not in the world of dream"
"Huh? What in Celestia's name are you talking about?"
"Look Twilight, just wait for him to arrive, when he comes, I'll tell you what going to happen"


The mare was more confused and her reply to Kale was only a puzzled look on her face. "I-I don't understand." Said Twilight in hopes of Kale being more detailed with his words. "You will soon Twilight dear, trust me. Look Twi, we can go into further detail later tonight okay? Right now you need to get back to your world" said Kale with passion in his voice. He smiled and shook off the softly laid snow from his black mane and yelled out a chant in the night saying "Philias Plumbatarii Ronstraa!"


Kale sat back down upon shouting his words and sat down with his eyes closed and a smile on his face. He looked pleased with what he had chanted but remained silent sitting down. "Uh... Kale, what did you do?" Twilight asked more puzzled that ever. Kale didn't need to answer her question; instead, the newly introduced creature answered it for him. They were in Canterlot after all, the city built high on the mountain side. From the farthest distance in the darkness, a blue light was seen.

Kale continued to sit patiently with the same grin on his face while Twilight eyed the mysterious fast moving blue light. The light grew bigger and brighter with every second and the lilac unicorn trying to decipher what it is that she is seeing in the distance. It was then that it was within Twilight's view.

It was a phoenix, a fire blue phoenix that flew towards them at high velocity. When it reached out of the darkness and started to fly in the moons light, it flew with pride and beauty. How graceful did the phoenix fly, with such elegance, such passion, it took Twilight's breath away. Its sapphire aura of flames only shone even more elegant in the moon's ever-charming rays of white holy shine.

Now nearing the two, he hovered slightly and sank it's talons into the freshly made ice as he landed softly beside Kale. After closer examination, Twilight noticed that the beautiful blue creature was none other than Philomena. Kale started to pet Philomena by stroking its back slowly and calmly. It was as if the creature was in reverse, instead of a normal phoenix that burns everything it touches and had flames of bright red and yellow embers, Philomena had sapphire blue flames that added beauty to the night and froze anything within a close proximity.

Seeing how Philomena was enjoying the feel of Kale's hoof, Twilight didn't see anything more interesting than to pet a phoenix herself. Just before her hoof touched it, Kale pushed Twilight's hoof away and laughed softly. "I wouldn't do that if I were you Twi, you're only a mortal" Kale said smiling and looking deep into Twilight's eyes. She was very confused of what Kale meant by mortal.

"So... why did you call him here exactly? Also, ho-"

"You'll see right now"

Kale nodded at Philomena and the graceful beautiful phoenix spread its magnificent wings ad hovered slightly off the frozen ground, glowing a brighter shade of blue by the second. In a quick jolt of movement, he shot up straight into the sky illuminating the darkness and leaving behind some of its blue flames on the ground where he was recently at. "You might want to step back right now dear..." Kale insisted. Twilight was way ahead of him upon seeing Philomena did a U-turn only to do a corkscrew right back towards the ground at the unicorn and pegasus.


"What's going on Kale?" pleaded Twilight

You'll see sweetie... hey listen Twi, when you are back to your dimension, meet me outside on the balcony of the 2nd floor. Take a right on your way out of the bedroom and when you see the door with frost forming around the frame, go outside". said the pegasus. She didn't seem to understand what all this useless information stood for. Trying to decipher what exactly it was he was trying to say, she figured out it had to be some sort of joke from long ago and she doesn't seem to remember it.

Twilight only giggled in confusion and said "Uhm... yeah... sure will?" Kale facehoofed and then told her.

"You're in a world of Dream Twilight, but now that we've been finally been able to speak face to face, I can finally tell you-"

Philomena was only feet away and the buzzing of air being ripped through disoriented the Kale's voice. With a crash like thunder, the blue majestic phoenix formed a type of hole on the ground. Much like the puddle of black shadow that had engulfed the timberwolf, it was a puddle of blue icy flames mixed with shadow, like a holy fire.

"Step in Twilight, go back to your world. Don't worry, we will see each other again if you follow my instructions, ok?"

"But-but... I really don't know what you’re trying to pull off here!"

"Don't argue with me right now, it's not safe, she's lurking around here... now go! Hurry before she stops your escape!"

"Escape to-"

"JUST HURRY AND STEP IN! MEET ME ON THE BALCONY"

Twilight never had Kale shout at her and when he did, it was because he was absolutely serious. She didn't talk back but hesitated to step into the blue flames of Philomena. Where Philomena was, Twilight didn't know but at the same time didn't question it, she just wanted to stay with Kale but knew that he sensed trouble. It was just then that hundreds of red eyes started to appear in the direction from where Charlie and Victor lived.

Twilight took a breath and feared what lay at the other side and what Kale meant by "The world of dreams" she was currently in, nonetheless, she was about to find out everything about Syra and Kale, about what happened so many winters ago. She put one hoof into the flaming blue void and it was just then that Kale had lifted it up. She looked up puzzled at why he would stop her from doing an action he told her to commit. "Hey, are you going to let me go or-"

Twilight was shut up instantly and felt her entire body feel like jello. Kale had locked his lips onto hers and together they shared a deep and passionate kiss, one they both longed for. Just as Twilight was feeling passion and lust in his form of kiss, his lips started to grow cold, almost instantly, as if she were just kissing ice itself. Twilight opened her eyes to see her lovers face but hoped that she had never opened her eyes to begin with.


All around Twilight, were thousands of hungry and bloodthirsty timberwolves ready to pounce and tear her to peices. She yelped in horror at the sight and screamed in absolute horror when she saw Kale. He was completely frozen and made of ice while still wearing the Mare Do Well clothing.

"Get out"

The mare turned around to see a furious ghostly form of Syra and for a brief second, Twilight saw something deep in her eyes, she saw...death. Syra did the same maneuver as she had done before, push Twilight into the mysterious void only this time when she was falling, the words of Kale finally made sense. She fell into the blue flamed void and when at the other side she found herself falling upwards in a white oblivion. She was indeed in a world of dreams.


Twilight opened her eyes instantly and gasped as if though she hadn't breathed in such a long time. She looked at her surroundings and saw that she was inside a bedroom, Charlie and Victor's guest bedroom. She rubbed her eyes to see if she was only seeing things but she wasn't, she really was inside of the bedroom. She could hear snoring from across the house and the only thing that was illuminating the bedroom was a small minuscule lantern in the corner of her room on the floor.

She let out a sigh of relief realizing it was all just a dream, but the question occurred to her, when exactly DID the dream even start? Not only that but a blue ember floated down to the floor and burned out within seconds. "That...that was no dream wasn't it?" she asked herself. She was laying there for a few minutes looking up at the ceiling trying to figure out what had just happened in the realm of dream, she met Kale again, that was good, but he specifically told her to go meet him outside in a balcony once she woke up. "Better late than never right?" she grinned as she said that and stepped out of her bed examining the wooden floorboards, making sure which ones will squeak and avoiding to step on them to prevent anypony from waking up.


As soon as she reached the other side of the room to exit out through the door, she heard someone walk up the hallway towards a room she felt was right across from her. Twilight laid her head on the door to listen closely and heard the squeaking springs of a bed and small laughter that was attempted to be held in. She couldn't tell whether it was Charlie or Victor that spoke next but was nonetheless happy to hear that one of them was alive, maybe even both. She heard him say "Son of a bitch..."

Twilight held in her giggles of the very dry way he said it, it had no emotion at all but laughed even more when she heard his reaction. When she heard his reaction she was able to now know it was Victor who was at the other side of the door.

"AWWW YOU SICK BUCKS! I TOLD YOU NOT UNDER MY ROOF! NOT HERE, NOT NOW, NOT ANYWHERE IN MY HOME!"
The voice of Hubert responded to his reaction and Rainbow Dash yelped in surprise.

"WAIT WAIT, VICTOR!.. This isn't what it looks like! I swear to Celestia!"

"SWEAR TO ME DAMNIT! WHAT THE HAY WAS GOING ON?"
"Okay okay! Calm down! See how confident I am right now? I'm being completely serious that this really wasn't what it looked like"

"Well then? go on! Explain yourself!"
"Victor... my friend... have you bounced on these beds? They're basically a trampoline! Come hither Ace, lets sho-"

"NO! NO! first of all, you don't use that fancy shmancy old english crap with me, second, I DO NOT want to see you two bounce on the bed and THIRD, this bed is very fragile! Don't bounce on it!"

"No wait! Look! I'm being completely serious! Seriously Dash lets go at it again and show him what was happening"

Twilight was curious to see what was happening at the other side of the door and looked through the small keyhole that was right under the door knob. What she was looking at was actually rather entertaining and funny that dirty. She was seeing Rainbow Dash and Hubert both bouncing all around the bed as if they were young again and Victor placing his hoof on his face. What made it even funnier was that the bed crashed down and wasn't able to see Victors wrath. He stood there silent and stepped inside slowly closing the door.

Seeing how this was her chance, Twilight quickly made it out of her bedroom and followed the directions Kale had given her in the dream. She trotted quickly down the hallway only to be interrupted by the loud thunderous anger of Victor. "WHAT THE BUCK DID I SAY? DON'T BOUNCE ON THEM! I WENT TO NAM AND BACK FOR THIS? DO LUNG! DO-F***ING-LUNG FOR THIS!? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE-" Twilight looked back, shook her head and smiled. "None of my concern"

When she turned back around, the hallway was completely dark and mysterious but sure enough at the end of the hallway was a door... a door with frost forming around the frame but what was even more surprising, was the frost glowing light blue, the same blue the reverse Philomena was bearing. Before opening the door to the balcony outside, she rested her hoof around the door frame and embraced the cold touch. Taking in a deep breath, she grabbed the frozen door knob and turned it to enter the outside, to enter the snow covered balcony.


It was truly an amazing view, from the balcony Twilight could see Manehattan in the distance and its glorious glows of light shining.The snow was coming down as soft and calm as it did in the dream when she was with Kale. The wind was passing through the dead trees branches resulting in a beautiful night symphony that enchanted the night. She stood there in the semi-cold for a long time awaiting to see if Kale really was going to come from the realm where fantasies come true. Still nothing happened but it didn't change the atmosphere of safety that she was feeling around her.


"So... he called you here to didn't he?"


xCHECKPOINTx

There are parts in the conversation that aren't very well detailed because I WAS EXTREMELY sick and couldn't think straight, sorry.


Twilight turned around to see Charlie standing there with a bandage around his back left leg. He was fine and healthy and was happy to know he was not killed. "What do you mean?" asked Twilight in disbelief that Charlie was summoned here too by Kale. Charlie shook his head and walked towards Twilight. "You know exactly why, Kale. He brought us here, don't hide it" said the red maned stallion politely. "You've see her too... you've seen... Syra haven't you?"

Twilight had her jaw hit the floor upon hearing that Charlie was going through the same nightmare as her. This entire event that was going on with Twilight has been happening to him as well and for all she knew, it could be happening to everypony else.

Charlie walked past Twilight and lay his hooves on the balcony looking over to the horizon where he could see the city of Manehattan. "For years Twilight... for so many years every damn winter she comes back, looking for vengeance... looking for you... now that you're here, she's more angry than ever" shaking his head, he pouted and began to rub his leg where the bandage was placed. They both stood silent there for a few minutes, both ponies awaiting the arrival of Kale.


"So... has this been happening to you only?"

"No"

She turned around and saw the rest of the cast standing right there, Victor, Hubert, and Rainbow Dash, all wide awake despite the time feel of 2am. Each one stepped onto the balcony to join in on the conversation at hoof. "It's been like this for years Twilight, it's you that Syra wants, she's been here tormenting us all thinking we were all in on it together, that we were all hiding your location... truth is we were" Hubert said with a wry smile on his face.

"What do you mean? Are you telling me that this entire winter, it was all an entire set up?"

"No no no, nobody set anybody up, hell! We didn't even know you were coming to visit us!" Victor yelled.

They all stood there in a circle staring at each other as if though they were about to go into a old western shoot out. Twilight was the first to put down her guard and the first to speak after several minutes of waiting, the weather was actually starting to become a bit colder.

"He called all of us here, how did he call you all?"

"I was monitoring my bandage, this is going to sound crazy but... he was in my room right next to the window. To be completely honest with you all, it's not the first time I see him, so I wasn't really surprised to see him, only surprised at what time he dropped by" Charlie exclaimed. "I'm in on this with Charlie, we've both been seeing him, hell, and he’s actually been giving us company every winter. Hence, why we always leave that blue torch lit on our roof, that blue torch is to ward off Syra and to welcome in Kale" Victor finished.


"Care to go into detail?" Twilight suggested, curious to know as to how this magic worked.

"I'd love to Twi, but I’ll go into more detail about that when he parks up, look behind you?"

Before she even looked behind herself, she looked down at the snowy floorboards and saw a faint blue glow giving color to the white snow and giving Twilight a shadow. "You don't actually think I'm gone, do you?" Twilight yelped and turned around in an instant, horn glowing, ready for battle, only to see that just a few yards away, a blue elegant phoenix was flying towards the open balcony. The closer it was to the balcony, the larger it started to become and the more form it started to take.

The phoenix was magnificent as it was in the nightmare Twilight had the very same night. When it got closer, its wings turned large and he started to grow legs from the front and back. When the phoenix was only 10 yards away, it took complete form of a pegasus, still flying with the blue sapphire flames surrounding it's body. It landed with a loud thud that it shook the balcony's icicles off the safety guards, making them fall towards the ground. The flaming blue pegasus took a few steps towards the crowd, leaving behind it's cold and menacing flames with every step it took.


"Welcome back Kale" said Victor softly.

"Yeah, thanks Vic. I see me contacting you all here was successful...except for you, who exactly are you?" Kale said while pointing his hoof towards Rainbow Dash.

"Oh me? I'm just...ehhh... Twilights friend from Ponyville...who are YOU?"

"Your worst nightmare"


Rainbow Dash quickly shut up but shut down her cocky attitude that she always had. Kale took in a deep breath, and exhaled with a blue flame coming out instead of the normal breath everypony else had. "Nice to see you all again...especially you Twilight, it's been quiet some time...some time since you... left us and me..." said Kale, turning his back on them. "Kale... you know that I've always-" the fire blue pegasus laid his hoof on her mouth. "Say no more dear, we can talk about this another time" much like what happened with Syra, Kale's fire was completely extinguished and was now of flesh and bone, no longer of blue flames.


"Cool new party trick Kale, anything else you'd like to show us?" exclaimed Hubert, making Rainbow Dash giggle.

"And you... Hubert...I see you didn't take any advice from last year’s winter on cracking your witty jokes"


Hubert was silent and responded with "It's nice to see you too Kale". They all stood there embracing the awkward moment, all except for Twilight whose face was completely turned in all directions at what she just saw. She was trying to calculate every single event that just happened right there on the balcony. She finds out all her Canterlot friends have been having this winter haunting, she meets her love only for him to pretend like the dream and kiss never happened, her friends greet Kale as if though he never died, and last of all, she was never informed of any of this despite the numerous amount of letters she had sent out to Canterlot years before.
shouting

"Alright now, Twilight, I think you should know about all this. I know that right now I may seem all...normal, but rest assured... I am indeed dead and it wasn't because of you. Don't believe what Syra tells you, she's gone mad but she isn't an enemy either" Kale said strongly.

"Hasn't gone mad? The REAL question here is if YOU'RE mad! She's completely insane! Nearly killed me alone so many times. When I was at Charlie’s Birthday, when I was on flight patrol around the city, hell! Even when I was flying Twilight to Canterlot after I picked her up from the fields! SHE'S A MENACE! What in Celestia's good name could have made her like this?" Hubert was at Kale, which in his response was "Me".

Nobody spoke.

"What do you mean 'you' Kale?" asked Twilight.

"Twilight dear... it pains me to say this but, you can never know the real truth behind what happened to me and her, the only thing I will tell you however, is that you have a part in this, but never once did you take a fault, I understand your actions were well intended and were never created to cause us any harm... but sadly in the end it cost us our lives" everyone leaned forward in awe to listen to Kales Tale.

"Please Kale, this entire winter has been nothing but misery and torment, I want to know how this all happened, and why Syra is acting like this, why she's tearing us apart!"

"I'm afraid I can't say it, not even Hubert, Charlie, or Victor can help you with this, I haven't told any of them either. The only ones that know the truth are me and Syra and your brother"

"Shining Armor?"

"The one and only"

Hubert cut in, "But the commander is at Baltimare, that is HUNDREDS of miles away from here! Twilight isn't-"

"Going to find out the truth, that much I know. She never can"

"and why's that? Why can't I know the truth?"

"Because the truth will destroy you from within, I've instructed your brother to not say a word"

"Until when?! WHEN? When is the day somepony will tell me why this STUPID winter has been nothing but demise!"


xCHECKPOINTx


Twilight’s anger and frustration got the best of her. Her booming voice echoed throughout the night and extinguished the blue flames Kale had placed when he was walking. Much tension was in the air and everyone could taste the palpable anger Twilight was ejecting. The moon was now set directly above them shining down and lighting up the entire mountain side with a magnificent white glow, to a point that it looked like a haven to all who stare at it.


"In your mind's eye, lives a memory hard to find, blinded by sorrow, and her cold voice, sings a melody, hear her sing: Hell frozen rain falls down...melody...hell frozen rain...By Celestia's good name... TWILIGHT!"


Kale ran over to her and squeezed his hooves onto her cheeks. Kale could feel the hot intensity of the hatred she bore. "Did she curse you? DID SHE SING HER MELODY?" Kale was worried, his eye color was gone and instead his entire eye was just plain white. "Well sh-" she was cut off. "DID SHE TURN MORPH? Please...no..."


"Well actually she did -" she paused. A sudden urge of... a stomach ache? A painful feeling in the pits of her intestines felt strange. She lunged forward and hung her head over the balcony bars thinking this was about to vomit out something that was ingested during the dinner. "Bad time to throw out chunks Twi, you going to do that do it over the balcony" laughed out Rainbow Dash.


This however was no laughing manner, something cold was crawling up and around her bowels, freezing her innards quickly. Twilight began to spas out performing grotesque movements that a normal pony wouldn't be able to perform. Everyone circled around and watched in horror at what happening to Twilight. "You didn't actually think I was gone that easily did you?" the mare opened her eyes at least after much squirming with rage consuming her iris. Her body began to shake violently and the cold liquid ran through not only her veins but began to infect the rest of her brain.


The cold liquid started to inflict severe damage inside of her, Kale attempted to not only calm her down from her frightening spasms, but was hoping to have a deep look into her eyes to confirm his theory. He held Twilight head in place so that he was able to look directly into her pupils and was undoubtedly correct. "Everyone, retreat now" he demanded from the by-standing allies. "Kale, what's going on? Is she alright" asked Hubert, worriment in his voice.

"I said get inside NOW!"

He was starting to turn back into the ghostly apparition that he was before. A sense of pain, weakness was in his voice after finding out Twilight was not in pain, but in suffering. "Twilight listen to me! She's inside of you right now! If you don- that way yo- it's going to ha-" his voice was cutting in and out to mare's ears. She was morphing, changing; she didn't know what was happening except that she was being lost in her own mind.


"Thanks for welcoming me into your pathetic mind Sparkle, when you sipped in that bit of me, I slowly grew inside becoming stronger and stronger. I might just become one with the real world again; your blood donation to my survival and Resurrection is much appreciated. You're the only one who can hear me at the moment might I say" her haunting laugh boomed and bounced around Twilight's skull, to a point where she was starting to pound her head onto the floor. She ceased herself injuring actions to prevent any more horror to her love and by standing friends and also because of what she said. "At the MOMENT? AH!-" the purple unicorn started to float up slowly off the ground as if though she was using her own magic to levitate.

"By Faust... Rainbow Dash, go inside now before she see's you"

The rainbow maned pegasus was confused and questioned Kale's commands. "What do you mean "she" sees me?” her answer was given to her when Twilight flopped back to the floor, face first and lay still for seconds. Nopony moved a single muscle, they all stood their hoping that she was well and her violent spasms were ceased.

"Y'know... locking me away Kale really wasn't your boldest move, and in a the realm of imaginations, of dream!? That's the last place you want me"

Twilight was still on the ground with her face buried into the snow but the voice of Syra wasn't a trick, it wasn't something created by the wind, but the evil winter spirit's voice, came from Twilight herself. Kale was stunned with absolute fear. Her voice coming from Twilight caught him completely off guard forcing him to let out a gasp.


A mysterious blue glow formed on the outline of Twilight, ghostly and yet a majestic feel to it. As if though it were some kind of magic trick gone wrong, she started to stand on all 4 with bones and cartilage cracking with every movement she made especially a loud snap whenever she bent her knees even the slightest bit. Just like it was an exorcism, Twilight neck was spinning in full 360 degrees giving off the sound of breaking bones. Suddenly she stopped her horrifying magic show just like she had stopped her violent spasms. The battle within Twilight had stopped but the victor was this self-conflict was not what you imagined it to be.

"Surprise, Surprise!"

Twilight's eyes rolled to the back of her head so that only whiteness was the color of her eyes. White as the snow that was dropping from the skies like hell frozen rain. Haunting as the spirits and horrors that were brought upon everyone during the reign of Syra. Dead as the pegasus she aimed her eyes towards.

"It can't be...
"And yet it is, don't worry about me, she'll be back soon, I don't plan on using this tarnished and wasted body for too long, what I want is something more, mobile" Syra darted her eyes straight at the pegasus who's mane was that of Rainbow.

Nobody moved everyone was too scared of what might happen next until Charlie and Victor stood in a fighting pose. Hubert himself didn't hold back, he hovered slightly above Rainbow Dash who was absolutely terrified of Syra. One of her greatest friends, Twilight, was gone and she had never felt such grief until that very moment.

"No...NO! Rainbow Dash! Fly while you have the ch-UGH!"

Syra was using Twilight powerful body as a capsule, as if though she were a parasite only hitching a ride. Instead of firing a weak and lilac bolt of energy, she instead fired a beam of a blood red energy, blasting away Kale to a point where he nearly fell off the balcony. Charlie and Victor charged at the body controlled Twilight only to meet the same fate of being blasted away. Victor landed on the edge of the balcony, saved by the handrail while Charlie was blasted into the house, through the door.


Only Hubert and Rainbow Dash remained on the roof when they witnessed Twilight fighting back for her own body, to get rid of the evil that was Syra. "Please! Dash! Hubert Save me! You have to sa- JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING SPARKLE? Fighting back for my life and to destroy yours! FOOL! YOU CANNOT KILL WHATS ALREADY DE- whoever said anything about killing you? My plan is to- AHHHH!There now, let me continue"

The self-conflict ended and it was clear to the two loving pegasus that their friend was trapped inside the body and could not be released. "No, this can't be, SYRA! GIVE US BACK OUR TWILIGHT!" shouted out Hubert in frustration. With deep anger in his heart and tears dripping from his eyes, he readied his wings and charged towards Syra to a speed where it nearly caused a sonic rainboom. "Not your boldest move Huey" Syra whispered. Twilight's horn started to glow the same yellow and let out a powerful beam that sent Hubert flying off the balcony, to crash towards the summit of the mountain they were on the edge on.

"No... Hubert! HUBERT!"

"Don't cry Dash, you'll see him again, in death"

When Rainbow Dash turned her head to face the evil spirit, she barely had anytime to recognize what was happening. With godlike speed, Twilight sprinted right next to Dash as if though it was magic she had used to obtain such a speed in such little time. What happened next was not what anypony wanted to see that night, a death.

"I'M SO SORRY DASH! I CAN'T CONTROL IT!"

Hubert never fell to the summit, he was only blown off course and managed to fly back to the balcony to fight against Syra. What Hubert saw was an image that was scarred into his mind, never to leave and or be replaced by any other memory, more tragic than what he had witnessed.

"Dash...Ace... How-...no... I failed her... I lost my love, my Rainbow Dash, I LOST HER! I LOST MY LOVE! NO!"

Twilight, which was being controlled by Syra, went at such speed that it had caught the pegasus off guard. She blasted through her defenses and sank her lilac horn straight into her heart. Her eyes dropped down to face Syra, who only replied to her silent demise with a demonic grin. Now Twilight knew what Syra meant to bring color to this night.

For on that night, Syra spilled the scarlet blood to bring true color to the black reunion


After Note: I deleted the update. Long story short. At the time I was sick and i wrote a crappy chapter. I deleted about 4000 words and restarted to make it better. Moral? Don't write when you're sick, you can't concentrate too well.