• Published 19th Mar 2012
  • 1,710 Views, 19 Comments

Unforgiven Winter - Rambo



It has been years and Twilight looks through her Scrap Book that has been collecting dust for time.

  • ...
11
 19
 1,710

Homecoming - Part 2 [2/2]

Unforgiven Winter

Chapter 4

Homecoming - Part 2

Note: Some referances here. Ease down your little scavenger hunt, they are easy to spot.
Note 2: Won't say an exact date BUT the story WILL finish BEFORE May 24th
Note 3: "What will this chapter be about?" Answer: What happened, alot of truth and story will be explained here and in the next chapter, around the dinner conversation.
Note 4: Am I seriously shipping Rainbow Dash with *****? I have no clue! Towards the end you'll find out because I am having mixed feelings myself of shipping a character from the series with a fictional character I created.


The void, endless, dark, infinite and a fall of despair. It's been only minutes and Twilight kept flipping to her demise. After seconds, the mare finally balanced herself by pointing her head straight downwards and not moving in order to prevent herself from turning. At the bottom of what seemed to be an eternal pit, was a bright glow of red and yellow, lashing out into the dark. The falling continued and small whispers were heard. Twilight looked around in hopes to see a ledge or any kind of crevice to break her fall and to prevent her own death, but she had second thoughts, maybe death was better than insanity. Instead what she saw as she looked around, the supernatural started to appear before her eyes.

Spirits, white haunting spirits of others accompanied her fall. Some bolted straight forward with a maniacal laugh, to endure the awaiting flames at the bottom of the pit. Others flailed their arms shouting their screams of terror, praying for death himself to take them now than to face the torturous flames. The most frightening however, were the spirits that fell without making any particular movement or sound, as if the spirits were dead themselves. Suddenly, the spirits started to disappear one by one, evaporating or drifting back into the shelter of the darkness. Out of the dark void to replace the falling spirits, came Kale and Syra. Walking on the air as if solid ground were right beneath their hooves. They walked together approaching Twilight who was still falling.

"Here's your stop dear" Syra said. The glow of the flame at the bottom of the pit emitted a light that revealed both of the ghostly spirits in full view. They no longer had their horrific and ghastly appearance; they looked absolutely normal and just as amazing as they had in reality, not in this supernatural form. "Syra, why are you doing all of this" the helpless lilac unicorn pleaded. Syra chuckled at her question and walked closer to her as Kale followed. Her steps were letting out a white smoke emit from them as she walked. Syra looked back at Kale over her shoulder and nodded. Kale took two steps to be by her side and right then and there, both Syra and Kale shared a passionate kiss in front of the falling Twilight. The fires were now dangerously close but it didn't matter much to her, a few memories of both of her friends started to make Twilight realize a small portion of Syra's actions.

Right as the large arm of flames lashed out to grab Twilight; Syra spoke to her once again. "Twilight?" she asked. The purple unicorn looked towards her; again, Syra was in her horrific ice form with her eyes glowing a blood red while half of her face was melted off by the fires of Philomena. She then spoke...


"Wake up"


"Huh?"

"Wake up!"

The voice of a very familiar dragon was ringing into Twilights ear.

"DAMNIT TWILIGHT! WAKE UP!"

Spike had laid a large slap right across her face in order for her to regain her consciousness. She looked around, a shiver ran down her spine and her hooves were completely numb. She was in a room with blue and white walls, decorated with a few portraits and in the corner of the room was a stand with a flowerpot sitting on it. She saw that she was next to a fireplace and the ground around her was wet. "Ew" she said, she questioned herself what the liquid that used to be there was but figured it was best that she doesn’t know.

"It's just water, or at least it became water after what happened" Spike said drinking a glass of liquid sapphires.
Twilight cleared away her moist mane from her forehead and she took let a large sigh of relief drift from her mouth. It had just then occurred to her about the ride the royal guards have given her from the middle of the snowy plains. She got up quickly on her hooves to fully examine the room; it was very plain but a majestic oriented type of "plain".

"Hey hey! Slow down Twi! What's the rush?" Spike called after her as she ran towards a window. Twilight noticed that the ponies were on the street were all dressed in a fancy attire of winter, some which have been bought in Rarity's store. Her breathing became rapid due to the fact that her reason and arrival at Canterlot was unknown.

What happened? How did I get here? WHEN did I get here? Did I pass out? AM I ? The questions circled continuously into Twilights head when her view caught the face of her assistant, cowering towards the door to exit the room, fearing that his faithful friend has yet again went insane for a brief period of time. "SPIKE! What happened? Tell me what happened!"


A pinkish purple glow, circled Spike as Twilight had levitated him into the air and started drifting him towards her. "Twilight! TWILIGHT GET AWAY! YOU'VE GONE BONKERS!" the now semi-child dragon started to flail his arms around in hope of getting a firm grip on the floorboard, but when he was only inches from Twilights grasp, the door burst open suddenly allowing a light cold breeze to spread over the room. The tatters of hooves were heard as a pony entered the room.

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE!" said a deep male voice! Spike dropped dead on his back moaning with pain and then the wind knocked out as Twilight had ran right over his stomach, forcing the wind to be knocked out of him. "Oh man... this hurts" he said in pain. Twilight broke into a sprint with a smile that challenged Pinkie when she meets a new friend.

"HUBERT!" she said in excitement, ready to embrace a hug from her pegasi friend that was dressed in golden armor with a crest of blue on the top of his helmet. They fell into each other’s arms and were locked in savoring the moment of joy. "Hey! Twi-Twi! It's so good to see you after all these years! We all thought you'd forgotten us since the day you moved into Ponyville!" Twilight shook her head quickly to show him that she would never forget. The question suddenly occurred to her, did she REALLY forget them? She had asked herself this question before back home and fought back the tears fearing the that it was indeed true that she had forgotten. In the arms of Hubert, she continued to fight the tears and warded off the thought of forgetting.

"You don't actually think I'd forget you guys!... wait, what do you mean by 'we'?" Twilight asked the soft and scarred pegasi.
"We? Well Charlie and Victor are here too! They're home obviously but rest assured Twi, they know you are here and are eager to see you today if that is even possible, you must have had such a traumatizing adventure, more than the time I was in 'Nam!" He finished saying to her. The lilac mare was happy but all yet, confused at how he had finished his small talk. "What did he mean by "Traumatizing" adventure? Did something happen? Now that he brings it up, those scars on him, some are old, I know that, but there are some on his wings that are still fresh".

"Hubert, what exactly happened? Wait... I knew one of the guards said your name but I didn't put much thought into it being you, and... WOW! You became a ROYAL Guard? Here in Canterlot? What ever happened to becoming a weatherpony and such? Why is it when we met on the field, you didn't even bother to say 'hi' at the very least?" She kept rambling on, asking numerous amounts of questions.

Hubert was being overwhelmed with one too many questions and stood up to her. "hey hey! Settle down now Twilight, we can discuss all that tonight, I promise, the thing I am worried about right now is what you just said, what do you mean you don't remember what happened? Oh dear Celestia, that smack to the head must have been more severe than we thought it would be"

"I'll ask again Huey, what do you mean we?

"Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention her. You and your pretty friend... Rainbow Dash was it? I'm telling you Twilight, she really did get alot more beautiful since the time we served. Both had magazines up the the knee when we were being surrounded. .45 APC's and let's not forget the Dread Dragon Platoon in '67, poor bastards..."

"What in EQUESTRIA are you talking about? Are you telling me you met Rainbow before?"

"I did? I mean- ok look, we'll save all this for tonight at supper, Our group is going to be there"

"Our group? You mean? Charlie, Victor, you and the rest?"

"That's right, and also one of your fri-"

Before Hubert could finish telling Twilight of the surprise guest for the supper that evening, inside came the brave and noble Rainbow Dash with her trademark Rainbow mane. "Hey Twilight! I heard what happened at the field and everyone was worried about you. Rarity is in her room just crying her eyes out yelling at the top of her lungs saying it was her fault how she nearly caused your death!"

"Wait, what? My death? What are you talking... you mean the whole Timberwolf thing?"

"Timberwolves? No! The chariot, it crashed! How do you no-"

Hubert slammed his hoof into her mouth, forcing her to be quiet. "SHHHHH! We'll talk about this later tonight for dinner, she doesn't know a thing Dash and it's going to be hard explaining all this to her" Dashie removed the large hoof of the royal guard from her mouth and spit out the snow that was lodged into her mouth.

"Are you telling me that she was knocked out so hard that she lost all memory as to what happened?"

"That's exactly what i'm saying"

"But that doesn't explain that she doesn't rememember ANYTHING"

"Yeah, your right, but no really dear, we'll talk about this later tonight"

Twilight was confused as it is, listening to the two talk back and forth of a secret they were keeping from Twilight. She shook her head and questioned both of them of the crash Rainbow Dash had mentioned to her. Neither one answered the real answer and instead repeated what they said before, that they will present this information to her later on in the night. AS frustrated and curious as Twilight was, she gave up on asking, realizing it would be pointless to repeatedly ask a question only to receive the same answer from the both of them.

They opened the door to the outside of the majestic town of Canterlot. Ponies of all kind walked calmly to their destination seeing as how the snow fell lightly on their heads. Everypony but Spike had left the home of Hubert due to the oncoming night. Spike bade them farewell telling them he was on his way to Joe's doughnut shop.

The streets were crowded minorly, even around the castle itself. Guards were at the large golden gates on duty, protecting the princess of foes and threats. "Don't bother going in there, the Princess has been very busy lately and she is in no condition to look forward to any guests at all" Hubert told the purple unicorn, knowing her eye contact was with that of the castle. Their walk down the streets of Canterlot was rather enjoyable, foals playing in the snow and adults walking in their fancy new attire's, but something caught Twilight's eye, there was a snowpony that was created and stood alone on the side of the street. A very elegant and beautifully created snowpony too, but she quickly turned away and brushed the thought off her mind, when the snowpony's eyes began to glow a very faint glow of red. She pretended as if she never saw it to begin with.


"So Rainbow Dash... you find that special somepony since the last time we met back when we served?"
"Where? In Saigon? Ha! Nah, of course not. Why do you ask?"
"Oh just wondering is all" Hubert looked at his wings, the scars still as fresh as ever, not even the cold can freeze the cuts.
"Exactly where were you trying to go with that question?"
"No where in particular"
"That's not what I heard you say earlier today"
"We can discuss this at DINNER with the whole gang alright. alot of things need to be cleared up because this entire thing isn't making much sense to Twilight... and the readers"
"Wait what did you sa-"
"NOTHING! Nothing at all!"

Cracking a few short comments on each other, the three ponies reached a building that was painted a dark shade of red with the roof consisting of white and yellow. The front of the door had a green helmet that was covered with scratches and still had stains of dried mud. A black band tied down a card with a card of ace and the symbol of peace.

"Yeah don't ask, the decorations out here are just lovely compared to what’s inside" said Hubert
"What do you mean?" Twilight asked back at him
"Just nevermind"

Hubert knocked on the door with a metallic bar attached to the door. The bar was dull and old, the paint was beginning to scratch off while hanging loose. The steps of another pony were heard from the other side, running down the stairs making their way to the door. "Just give me a sec right here Hue, you know how Charlie gets when all the locks aren't set up for the night" a voice from inside the house said. The three that stood outside could hear various locks being opened, whether it is by combination or key locks.

A complete minute passed when the door finally had opened and right in the doorway stood a red coated pony with a blonde mane. "Twilight? Is that really you?" asked the owner of the building in amazement. "When did you get so pretty Twi?" He smiled as the kind words left his lips and entered the ears of the audience outside of the house. "Victor, is that really you? Wow! You changed so much over the years!"

Victor's face was perfectly fine but the edges of his mane had burn marks, along with some stains. His coat was also fine but there were small rough patches scattered around, not to mention some scars as well. Nonetheless, Victor looked just like his foal self, but only older and a bit more different. "The one and only, Charlie is upstairs getting his face washed and all, you know how much of a germaphobe he is, ridiculous if you ask me. But he is my brother; I should be used to it by now". The three outside laughed and were then welcomed inside the home.

They made their way calmly to the living room of the house where they sat on padded floors. The entire house was odd, very odd. Majority of the walls were a pale white and a few decorations hung on the nails planted into the walls. The decorations were very odd; some were regular paintings of pegasi ponies flying over what appeared to be a jungle but the odd decorations were ones like a wooden stock with tally marks engraved on its side.

"So can I get you all anything to drink? We made hot coco since it's rather cold outside" said Victor

"Oh no I'm fine Vic, had some myself before I came here" Hubert said cheerfully

"Wait, you had some coco and you didn't bother to serve ME a cup?" Rainbow Dash retorted at Hubert.

"Hey hey! Ease down now Ace, I told you but you were too busy showing off your flying"

"Don't call me Ace, Hue, I told you I didn't like that part of my life"

"I don't either but we have to live with it and besides, ace suits you just fine"

"So I take it you want some coco Rainbow Dash? No worries, I got you. What about you Twilight?" asked Victor.

"Oh well... ok, why not? Sure, i'd like a cup myself" replied the purple unicorn.

Above them all the ceiling started to shake and a growing noise of steps was heard going from one end of the room to the other. Loud as it was, the only obvious reason why the ceiling would shake was that Charlie was running towards the stairway. "Get ready Twi, Charlie is a very love oriented pony. The second her heard you were coming to visit... swear to Celestia, this guy went nuts" said the red laughing earth pony. "Well I’m sure it can't be that bad, after all, Charlie was always the wea-"

From the corner of the room a yellow nose poked out of cover. Even from a distance, a smile could be seen right under the nostrils of none other than Charlie himself. Victor stood up to take a few paces away from Twilight. Closing his eyes, he began to count down "3...2...1..." Hooves thundered across the house and a gold furred stallion dashed in such speed, he was only a blur to the audience in the living room. "Oh Charlie! It's so good to finally see you agai-OOF! a-a-again!" Twilight's eyes dilated and her breathing became slow. The gold stallion not only tackled her to the ground, but he also picked her right back up and gave a very loving yet lethal hug.

"TWI TWI! I'M SO HAPPY TO FINALLY SEE YOU AFTER ALL THESE YEARS! THANK CELESTIA YOU CAME! WE ALL THOUGHT YOU ABANDONED US!" Charlie squealed in joy as he began to not only squeeze harder in his hug, but also spin at such a speed that Twilight began to get sick and her face started to turn into multiple shades of green. "It's great to see you too Charlie! Would you mind- ULP! Setting me down?" Twilight pleaded. The gold earth pony had a confused look on his face upon hearing Twilights words.

"But Twilight, I set you down a few seconds ago, your spinning on your own" he chuckled lightly. The purple unicorn then realized the grip around her body was relieved and she had been spinning on her own for more than a few seconds. She slowed her spin and fell to the ground with a thump as her eyes continued to spin around. Everypony laughed at her but she couldn't help but laugh at herself either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a small amount of talk in the living room, the sun began to set over the horizon of the city of Canterlot before anypony could realize the time they had spent went by quicker than expected. Luna's shift was near and everypony inside of the house of the twin brothers was busy with a dinner chore. Victor and Charlie prepared the dinner in the kitchen for the house guests, Rainbow Dash went outside to the front of the house to light torches on the front corners of the house, and Twilight was having a conversation with Hubert in the living room about how the life of a Royal Guard is like. As curious as Twilight was to know as to how he became a guard, the only response she earned out of that from Hubert was, "I'm saving that for dinner time, Victor just love making fun of me about how I became a royal guard and I actually think it's pretty funny too, so in dinner I'll spill the beans"

Rainbow Dash came back inside the house and shook off the snow from her hooves on the "Welcome" mat that was parked on the front door of the house. The snow was falling very lightly and calm outside upon the city. "-and that's what my daily routine is like for me, not as interesting as people make it out to be" Hubert finished saying and began to drink some ale that was given to him by Charlie. "Daily routing of wha-" a spray of ale showered Rainbow Dash while she was asking the question. "DAMNIT DASHIE! Don't scare me like tha- OOF!" Rainbow Dash slapped him right across the cheek mid-sentence. "Oh don't act stupid Hue, you knew it was me!" She yelled but then started to laugh.

The living room was filled with a light amount of laughter from all 3 ponies. As the laughter began to die down, Rainbow Dash nuzzled her nose into Hubert’s neck which made Hubert rest his head on hers. "Ahem?" Twilight said with a wry smile on her face, knowing that her prediction of Hubert and Rainbow Dash falling in love would be instant. "Oh! Sorry Twi! Completely forgot you were here!" both the embarrassed pegasi laughed awkwardly trying to try to ease down the moment. The unicorns only response to this was closing her eyes and shaking her head while face palming.

"Hey hey hey! Who's hungry for my Equstrian favorite "Platano (Banana type of fruit) and Seasoned Fried Rice?" Victor walking into the room with a smile on his face. The food smelled absolutely amazing. The aroma scent of freshly fried bananas, topped with seasoning and a few daisies was easily a delicacy to anypony. "That smells amazing Victor!" Rainbow Dash said, her jaw dropped and her tongue began to flail in the air. The smell of the food alone was just too much for her to bear. "Easy now Dashie, you haven't seen anything yet" Hubert insisted as he held back Rainbow Dash from the wings.

Just a minute later, Charlie walked out from the Kitchen empty handed but had a joyous smile on his face, walking to the dining table. "Don't ask what is it Hubert, after seeing how your girlfriend is reacting to Victor's food, it's best I save the desert for last or else she'll mob it" Charlie laughed while saying that. No pony asked what the desert plate contained but instead focused their attention towards the food that was served right in front of them. "Wait! Charlie! She isn't my-... well... never mind" Hubert started to retreat due to the fact Rainbow Dash's eyes narrowed. They all received a fair serving of the food and began to feast... except Rainbow Dash, she acted like a complete barbarian when she began to eat the mouthwatering food.

Time slowly passes and the torches outside of the house warded off the darkness that surrounded them, the night was going well and the dinner was simply amazing. After eating their dinner, Victor stood up from his seat and walked towards the kitchen to retrieve the mysterious desert the guests were craving for. During the hour of desert, was also the hour of communing with one another in a serious manner and Twilight knew, it was the hour she would find out about the chariot crash and the location of Kale and Syra.

"... and that's why we have all those locks on our door because of Victor's post traumatic stress disorder. Weird isn't it?"

"Well you can't really blame him Charlie, I mean, when I was dropping the 'Canned Goods' and my wing was injured, I had to survive for 2 damn days in the jungle until this beautiful pegasi dropped in to help" Hubert finished saying with a grin.

"Hey Twilight! You mind passing out the plates? I'm about to come in with the desert!" Victor shouted from the kitchen.

Twilight used her magic to serve a small plate to everypony around the table, accompanied with a spoon. Victor walked straight in the room carrying a spectacular, mouthwatering, jaw dropping...house? It was a house made of ginger bread topped with several sweets of different kinds and ice cream around the ice to represent snow. After a closer examination of the breath-taking desert, everyone realized it was a replica of Victor and Charlie's house.

Rainbow's jaw literally hit the floor and her taste buds tingled at the sight of the magnificent creation of Charlie. Hubert chuckled at her reaction, and closed her jaw gently. "Wow Charlie! Where in Equestria did you learn to make this kind of food! It's just... just... just amazing!" the lone unicorn stated with her eyes sparkling at the gingerbread house. Victor carefully set down the treat and then the words everyone was dying to hear were heard. "Well... dig in!"

Everypony served and ate their fair portion of the gingerbread house, enough for their to be up to at least 3 servings for each one. Rainbow Dash completely devoured her 1st and 2nd serving but could no longer fit anymore food into her stomach. While continuing their feast, Twilight decided it was time to break the silence once again and have the communication amongst everypony commence.

"I think now is a pretty good time to ask you Huey, how DID you become a Royal Guard?" she asked.

"Hmph?" Hubert swallowed a peice of the gingerbread house before replying.

"Well it all started when Hubert was busy burning them go-" Charlie was interrupted when a chunk of ginger was thrown at his face.

"Hey Charlie! She was asking ME not YOU! Sheesh... anyways Twilight, the way I became a Royal Guard is going to be a bit hard to believe. It all started around '67 when I was serving. Like I said, when I was busy dropping the goods, my wing was injured and I crashed down. Survived in the damn jungle for 2 days until Dashie here came and saved me, I am one lucky bastard. One because I was saved and two because I met you Rainbow" Hubert finished saying as the rainbow colored pegasus nuzzled her face into his neck.

"Hey hey! Keep it PG in here damnit, you’re in my house. You want to do the naughty stuff, it belongs in the bedroom, but in YOUR bedroom, not MY HOUSE bedroom" Victor said as he eyed down Hubert.

"But Hubert, that doesn't explain how you became a Guard, you only said you were saved but how does that mean you became a guard?" said the lilac unicorn. She was right, although Hubert explained a story that wasn't necessary; he never did explain how the guard duty came into play.

"I didn't really explain how I became one didn't I? Well to be completely honost with you, the reason I became a Royal Guard was becau-"

"Was because he was kissing his friends ass begging for him to be one!" Charlie cut in and began to howl with laughter at saying it. Victor joined in the laugh and the twin brothers were now a mess with ginger crumbs spewing out of their mouths and laughter killing the calm atmosphere. Hubert did nothing but close his eyes slowly and laugh himself.

"Alright, alright, in a way Charlie IS right. My best friend Brutus helped me get in on it. Brutus was also serving in '67, but his acts during the war were FAR more memorable in that single year alone than the 3 years I was there. He came back here injured and Princess Celestia sent her condoldences. She knew that Brutus was a stallion of true power, will, and loyalty. So he became a royal guard. When I came back, there was absolutely nothing. People at the landing docks gave me a hard time; I couldn't find any job except being a busboy at that fancy restraunt down the street. After some time of doing that lousy job, I begged my brother if he could get me in the whole "Guard" business. At first he didn't like the idea, but I convinced him soon enough after doing a lot of favors for him. Not too long after I became a guard, he died because of that damn Agent Orange, tore him down to nothing. Celestia knew the pain it caused me and I took up his place. Now... now I'm this high ranked Royal Guard... even though I never deserved it, I got here because of Brutus and I'll never forget that" Hubert finished his story with a tone of sadness.

The room fell silent when Victor finally spoke saying "Yeah but he did make you go through that Pegasus flight camp for fillies remember? Oh man! Now that was a killer laugh for me and Charlie when those kids kept smacking you when they didn't know how to control their speed"

"Yeah, that was a bit funny but damnit Victor! They REALLY didn't know how to fly! I swear to you!"

"What’s this about doing flight camp for fillies Hubert?" Rainbow Dash was starting to get interested on the subject

"It was nothing! Absolutely nothing! Some lame favor Brutus asked me to do because originally he was the one in charge, that bastard..."

"No no, tell me what happened exactly? That actually sounds like a really funny story"

"Uhmm... well... WAIT! Don't be so selfish! We still didn't explain to Twilight about the crash!"

It had then occurred to Twilight that he was right, the chariot crash was still a mystery to her. Did i really forget to ask this entire time about how I ALMOST DIED? Twilight shook her head in astonishment that she had forgotten. But how I could i forget a story like that? Wait, there's one thing that is more important to me than the crash, one thing that I've been dying to ask them all.

"So Twilight, when I and Blackburn were flying you here to Canterlot, you fell unconscious. Completely blacked out and I don't blame you. You barely got out of that frozen hell alive. Wait before I go any further, what the hell was the matter with you? I looked back to you when we were flying and your eyes were completely blank and you were staring out into the snow like you just saw some f***ing ghost"

"Hubert! The LANGUAGE!"
"Sorry Dashie"

"I did... I did see a ghost..."

The twin stallions both held their ginger bread in place with their eyes wide in a confused manner at Twilight but all at the same time held in their laughter in fear that they were mocking her. Rainbow Dash herself was speechless while Hubert started to laugh at her supposed 'sarcasm'. "You can't be serious here Twi, I was only joking, there's no such things as ghosts and everypony knows that. Anyways, as I was saying, me and Blackburn were flying here to Canterlot in lightning speed, but dear lord, i swear to you some other pegasus was flying right with us wearing a cape, a cloak of some sort. Now listen up guys, I swear to you, when the hood came off her, it was a UNICORN? Scared the hell out of me! The eyes were glowing red and held of her damn face was missi-" Before Hubert could finish his tale, Twilight cut in to ask a question she had been avoiding to ask the entire night.

"Victor... Charlie... Hubert... Wheres Kale and Syra?"

Charlie spit his hot coco into Victor's face when Twilight uttered those two names. "Victor! Did you set roof torch on? Tell me you set the roof torch on?" Charlie asked wildly while shaking Victor from the shoulders. "I think we did, you know, it's been over a year and you still haven't told me why you set that darn thing on every night until the winter wrap up"

"Damnit Victor, no!" Charlie ran away from the living room and thundered his way upstairs where his footsteps grew fainter and fainter with every passing second until nothing more was heard. "What the hell was that all about Victor? You can't be serious he's still in shellshock from '67?" Hubert demanded. "Well I’m pretty sure that's what the whole thing is and not to mention our dear Twilight here doesn't know a single damn thing about them"

"About who? Syra and Kale? " Twilight's words were said but were buried under the sudden arguement that sparked between Hubert and Victor.

"Huey, huey! We both know she came here for them but I was actually starting to think she had forgotten"

"Forgotten? FORGOTTEN? Victor, those two were her bestfriends, she isn't going to seriously forget them!"

"Well it was a hunch! She never mentioned them the entire evening!"

"But she wanted to ask where they were! She probably thought they were going to appear later on the night"

"And look at that? They didn't? I wonder why!? She's probably confused on what the hell is going on right now"

"What the hell do you want to do then? Spill the beans? Tell her everything? The whole chariot crash and what I truly saw?"

"It's now or never Hubert and you know it! Tell her everything, tell her how your plan flopped and mine went through until now"

"F*** YOU VICTOR! A full year's worth of letter we had to throw to the wastes hoping she'd forget but she didn't!"
It was a good plan and you know it! Anyone would have beleived they moved to Phillydelhpia!"
"Hue, what's going on?"
"Dashie please, stay out of this"

"Anypony but TWILIGHT! You honostly thought sh-"

SILENCE!

The living room was quiet and all turned their attention to the confused, worried and sad unicorn. Twilight had a thought of where all this was coming from, where the plague eating her sanity spawned.

"Hubert, stop arguing, just tell me one thing and one thing only, NOPONY ELSE TALK!" Twilight shouted and then finally with a calm tone asked her friend the question she's been longing an answer for.

"Hubert, where is Syra and Kale?

Hubert looked around the table to see if Victor or Rainbow can help him, but it seemed that the truth finally had to be said, to prevent further harm to Twilight.

"Twilight... Kale and Syra...they're gone, been gone for about 4 years, i'm so sorry Twi, I just co-

"Hubert, what do you mean they're 'gone'?" Twilight asked him worringly.

"Twi, Kale and Syra, they're dead"

The lights in the living room flickered and even in the quiet of the night, everypony could hear, the shattering of Twilight's heart.


There MIGHT just MIGHT be a repeating paragraph in there, I edited the entire thing but I know there's a mistake in there somwhere, I'll find it.

A portion of truth was revealed. Next chapter I do plan on telling the ENTIRE chariot crash and other things which will lead to the ending which will then leave me to the "You decide what happens" chapters. At the end, it will take me a while to write 2 chapters both containing different endings.