• Published 19th Mar 2012
  • 1,710 Views, 19 Comments

Unforgiven Winter - Rambo



It has been years and Twilight looks through her Scrap Book that has been collecting dust for time.

  • ...
11
 19
 1,710

Resurrection of Nightmares

Resurrection of Nightmares


While the 4 friends are in flight...

Somewhere in the mountains of Canterlot...

Black outline, grey coat, drained colors, and ember red eyes. These traits are what made up the colors of a true Rainbow Dash. Syra walked as she dragged her left wing against the cave wall, admiring it's stony and rough feel. She continued to walk until she reached the peak of the mountain she was stationed at, looking towards the city of Canterlot and the admiring the amazing city that challenged Las Pegasus itself.

"Oh Twilight... how I wish the revenge I take, is an act of mercy... this isn't my intentions at all"

"Mercy? The girl doesn't deserve mercy, she killed me and Kale, after turning him down, she still has the nerve to do such an action!"

Much like a act of Golumn, she saw herself as both innocent and menacing. The good and sane part of her walked directly opposite of her evil counterpart; both walking in around in a circle.

"But it's Twilight... she was gone before our deaths even occured"

"You are truly blinded aren't you Syra? Who ever said she had to be there to end you?"

"But the possibilities ar-"

"Are many, you know it too. Why fight against the truth Syra?"

Syra -still controlling Rainbow Dash's body- looked out in the distance seeing 3 small figures grow a small bit larger every few seconds. She was thinking to herself whether or not her other side, her demonic side, was in the right. After all, it has been leading her for years, why stop listening to it now when her prey are so close to falling before her.

"You loved him... seeing him in pain has caused you nothing but depression. Can't you see Syra? Is it that hidden away from you? Twilight killed you both, to end all her traces with Kale and to prevent your pursuit of happiness, she must be killed for her ill actions". The evil spirit slowed her pace down before saying one last thing. "Her winter is forgiven when she makes winter skies bleed". She came to a halt and slowly faded away to the whatever direction the cold breeze was blowing.

She nodded at a frequent pace before she walked to the edge of the cliff, looking out to the 3 approaching figures become a bit larger with every few seconds. Syra had the complete power of the season, by now she could have easily wiped them all out but that wasn't her intentions. She wants to pick off each of them one by one until Twilight was the last one remaining. Her art was that she would never have to kill Twilight, she would do it herself after having the "truth" pressed against her and seeing how all her friends have died for her actions, she would kill herself out of either insanity or respect.

"Only then... can her winter be forgiven and the raging winds will finally fall to ease once we claim our killer"

Killing Sparkle will make her no better, in fact it would make her an equal to her, she had to be better than that. What better way to have revenge with having not committing the deed at all. The snow was falling lightly on the world and the colors still remained as they were earlier, black and white. Syra had no intentions of rushing her plans, she had the power of winter, them going against the wind was an obstacle enough as it is. They would have to use all their strength in their wings and mind to fight against the wind. By the time they arrive, they will all be weak, making them easy to defeat. Content with her thoughts, Syra walked to the entrance of the cave humming a tune to herself.

She looked at the cave entrance where she made her temporary home at, admiring it's bleak and icy outskirts. Syra reached down, scooping a fair amount of snow. With the makeshift horn she had created herself onto Dash's body, she started using magic to lift the small amount of snow she had picked up and started to shift it in various ways.

"Over and over it calls to your soul
Say it isn't so. Emptiness surrounds you
No one can help if the angels refuse to come here
Who's there?

Cold-faded photos, they lay by your side
Something in my room. Never mind blue reason
Visions are lying and reasons just live to survive"

After a few minutes she held her newly crafted work in front of her. It was a helmet made of soft snow; very flimsy, soft, and weak.She wasn't much of a craftsman, but she knew her way around on creating fine equipment during her time of actually being alive. She was content with her helmet and decided it was time she had added the much needed accerories. From the cave she levitated 10 small sharp rocks of various sizes and placed them next to herself. Seven of the 10 were placed where the brush of the helmet should be and the remaining 3 were plunged onto the the left side of where the cheekbone should be. The helmet resembled a somewhat crude version of a Canterlot Guard helmet, except only it was to her liking.

Content with her work, she welded with the helmet and all it's pieces together to form a grotesque and yet ferocious looking helmet. She stood there admiring the art before turning her back on the cave. A mound of snow formed on the front entrance of the cave, getting bigger and bigger with the snow falling. She rose her hoof up at the mound and ressurected a snow pony. It had no particular detail, it was just a regular average snowpony. Placing the helmet on the snowpony, she backed away a few steps before waving her hoof over it, creating four more prior to the one she made to have a total of 5. The original one was the biggest compared to 4 other ones that descended from it.

Again, Syra waved her hoof over all 5 only for this time enchanting each of them with a foul black smoke. One by one the soldiers took in a deep breath as if awaken from a long slumber and looked around. They adjusted quickly and stood perfectly straight without expressing any facial or body language of emotions. She walked past the 5 snow soldiers satisfied with the outcome; she then spoke loudly to them. "Attention!"

"IMPERATOR?"

The bulkest of the bunch exclaimed in understandment. The soldiers cocked their helmets and saluted their master like the obedient dogs that they were. Her smile revealed her fangs and sharp teeth to her emotionless soldiers. She let out of sigh of relief to indicate her content spirit. Using magic, she placed more rocks in front of her from the cave. Examining the rocks carefully, she split them in half with a semi-visible wave of her horn. The rocks split, revealing inside, the black malicious stone known as obsidian. "I suspected as much"

"Stay put"

"YES IMPERATOR!"

Syra walked back to the edge of the mountain where she previously stood at and looked down at the lower level that wasn't too much lower, only about 20 yards or so lower of where she was standing. She stood on her hind legs and rose her forehooves into the air, with it came a terrifying sight. Shards and limbs of wood from dead trees started to form a skeletal structure of some kind. The process was repeated with hundreds of times until a small personal army of skeletal beings stood. Next, snow rose from the ground and gave the wooden skeletons shape until the hundred figures were now nothing but a snow version of terrocotta soldiers in wolf form. With the remaining wood, she gave each of them the wooden skin.

The black smoke was casted on the wolve's, bringing them all to life.

"Listen my minions of winter, I created to all to help me end this nightmare that has plauged my friends for so long. It's time we bring down the conspirator known as Twilight Sparkle. When she arrives, she will be weak as well as her friends. Your task is simple, wipe them all out, bring Sparkle to me alive and let blood repaint the winter! Now my beasts, you have taken my life, you must now obey me, the praetor, your creator, you must now take the life of the wretch so I can rest. Now winter beasts, let your cry be mighty! Let your battlecry be death, death and salvation to us all!"

With that, the howls of hundreds of wolves filled the silent void, echoing their battlecry far beyond the summit, powerful enough to shake the snowcaps that rest on the mountain tops.

"Tonight... my winter is finally... forgiven"