• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 5,216 Views, 337 Comments

Ponyville DxD - Naughty_Ranko



Celestia has made a bet with the current Demon Lord and now the Elements and Spike, led by Princess Luna must face Rias Gremory and her servants in a Rating Game to determine the Strongest Little Sister. High School DxD Crossover.

  • ...
21
 337
 5,216

PreviousChapters Next
New Life - Part 2

Part 2

Only a few times have I ever seen the throne room in Canterlot Castle so lavishly decorated. Twilight's coronation was one such occasion. Another was just after our return from the Crystal Empire, which had seen the unveiling of my very own stained-glass window.

Today another such piece of art had been added to the hall, this one depicting Princess Luna and Rias Gremory side by side, with their servants surrounding them.

Right now both teams are enjoying a feast to celebrate the conclusion of our Rating Game. Quite frankly, I couldn't be happier right now, having two of my favorite things in the world close by. The first is a bowl of rare gemstones for me alone, since nobody else here eats those. The other is my new marefriend Rarity, who hasn't left my side since we kissed in the library.

“So he just shows up by bike and knocks on the door?” Princess Luna is sitting at the head of the table, finally enjoying a leisurely chat with her former opponent.

“I know,” Rias sighs. “Such an undignified way for a devil to respond to a summons. But most of his customers don't seem to mind.”

Looking to one side of the room, I can see Fluttershy sitting at a small table with the two former church members Asia and Xenovia, playing a card game. Neither of them seems to have realized yet that Philomena is circling above their heads and tipping their hands to Fluttershy.

Discord and Azazel appear to be drunk, singing, or rather roaring, ancient songs that haven't been heard in thousands of years while having their arms draped around the shoulders of a reluctant Michael.

Applejack and Koneko-chan appear to be locked in an arm-wrestling match while Kiba and Rainbow Dash are talking, probably about weapons techniques, next to an ancient set of pony armor. Meanwhile Pinkie and Gasper have amassed a mountain of sweets before them, discussing how best to attack it. Twilight is standing next to the windows, explaining the meaning of each to her fellow [Queen] Akeno, who is listening with polite interest.

Which leaves Ise, who for some reason is the only one who doesn't appear to be enjoying himself. He's been glaring at me for the past half hour from his place at the table.

“More tea, anyone?”

“Uh, not for me, thanks,” I tell the ruler of the Underworld, who does manage to pull off the look with a frilly, pink apron rather well, all things considered.

“Over here, onii-san,” Rias calls while holding up her empty cup.

Despite everything, he's still got that slightly mischievous smile on his face. It's almost like he expected this to happen, and is fine with it. I'll never understand super-powerful rulers like him and Celestia.

Speaking of Celestia. “Maid! Where are those desserts? Do not make me look foolish in front of my guests,” Luna commands, not quite going for the Royal Canterlot Voice, but close.

“Here they are, Your Highness,” Princess Celestia says cheerfully, pushing a cart with assorted sweets in front of her with her magic. You know, Celestia's always had that untouchable quality about her, but I gotta admit, she actually looks damn sexy in a maid outfit.

“You know, Tia. You could at least pretend to suffer a little, after all you put me through this past week,” Luna comments slightly annoyed as her sister puts a slice of tiramisu in front of her.

“Oh, how could I?” she exclaims happily, rubbing her cheek against that of the Princess of the Night. “I haven't had this much fun in centuries. I'm so proud of you, Lulu.”

“Tia! Don't call me that in front of everyone,” Luna responds with a blush while Rias begins to giggle next to her.

I can feel Rarity snuggling up to me a little closer. To feel her body heat like this, it's an incredible feeling. When I look at her, I find her staring at my face with a dreamy smile.

“Aren't you hungry?” I ask, a little embarrassed. “You hardly touched your food.”

“No, just being here with you is enough,” she replies with a twinkle in her eyes. “But I might just gobble you up later tonight.”

“Eh? What do you mean by that?”

She giggles. “You'll see.” Then she leans in even closer, so her sweet perfume is tickling my nostrils, to whisper. “I've asked for adjoining rooms in the castle.”

I swallow hard. Oh, man. Did she just … Is she implying … ?

Suddenly Ise shoots up from his chair with an angry expression on his face. Walking around the table, he says in a cool tone: “Spike, may I have a word with you in private?”

“Uh, sure.” I give Rarity an apologetic smile, since she's clearly unhappy about me leaving. Even when she's pouting, she's cute.

“Come back soon, Spikey-Wikey,” she calls after me.

For some reason Ise seems even more upset than before as I follow him towards a small alcove at the far end of the throne room. He suddenly stops, still having his back turned towards me. “Spike, how could you do this to me?” he asks, his body clearly shaking.

I'm at a loss for words. I didn't know how much his defeat had affected him. I've come to consider him a friend, after the time we spent together in the Everfree Forest. Hopefully our battle hasn't caused me to lose a friend I'd only made so recently.

“Ise …”

Then he turns around, tears standing in his eyes. “How could you go ahead and get a harem before me?”

“Eh?” Tilting my head to the side in confusion, I ask: “Harem?”

He puts his hands on my shoulders. “We're buddies, we're pals, right? You gotta tell me your secret, man!”

[Idiot.]

We both react by looking at Ise's left arm. “Ddraig? Are you alright?” he asks.

[I'm fine. Just needed a little rest. Anyway, the reason why young Spike here has an easier time is simple. I told you before that women have always gravitated towards a dragon's powers. He's got two distinct advantages over you.]

“What's that?”

[Firstly, he was friends with the mares before. Secondly, his powers of attraction don't need to offset the general aura of pervertedness you seem to exude on a constant basis, partner.]

Ise seems close to crying, so I try to diffuse the situation. “Look, I don't really want or need a harem. Rarity is enough for me.”

[Hm, that decision might not be up to you. In Equestria there is the social concept of a herd, no? You'd better watch yourself.]

“Guh!” Ise raises his fist while having a fire in his eyes. “Dammit! Just you watch, Spike! Next time we meet, I'm gonna have a harem of my own. I'll show you!”

He extends his fist towards me, and then finally a smile reappears on his face. I can't help but chuckle at his determination. But I guess this is the goal he set for himself. “Yeah, I reckon you will, Harem King.” Balling my claw, I return the fist bump.

With that matter dealt with, the rest of the festivities can proceed joyfully on both sides. There is some serious reluctance to end the party, when Sirzechs announces that it's time for the devils to leave.

Both teams line up opposite each other for a final farewell, not unlike the manner we squared off against one another, when they'd first arrived. But the trepidation we felt at meeting these strange creatures has been replaced by a sense of camaraderie, a kind of respect that can only be gained in battle. We're not saying goodbye to enemies, but a group of new friends.

Rias leads the devils in a bow. “Thank you for your hospitality. My servants and I learned a lot during our stay here. If you ever have reason to visit the human world or the Underworld, please don't hesitate to look us up, so we can return the kindness you've shown us.”

Luna returns the gesture, and we all follow suit. “No, we must thank you. I have no doubt your peerage will go far in the Rating Games. Good luck to you, Rias Gremory.”

Sirzechs and Azazel, standing on either side of the line, nod towards each other and begin to cast the magic circle that will take them back to their own world.

“Ise!” I call out on impulse, before they vanish. “I know the chances are slim, but if you ever come across my father, … tell him I'm fine, and that I'm thankful he sent me to Equestria.”

“I'll be sure to pass that along,” he says with a nod, right before vanishing into thin air.

We all remain silent for a while, watching the place where they all stood moments ago. “See you around, my friend,” I whisper as I can feel Rarity sidle up to me again, and I drape my arm around her in response.


The End

Author's Note:

Well, it's finally done. Almost one year of hard work on this story, and I gotta say … Wait, what? Right. There's one more thing I forgot!

PreviousChapters Next