• Published 11th Nov 2013
  • 2,440 Views, 38 Comments

Better Together - FlameingToast



Rainbow Dash is having a strange morning. She woke up with a hangover, hoof cuffed to Pinkie Pie in her bed, and that's just the beginning of her problems.

  • ...
7
 38
 2,440

Four Drunken Mares

"You really think that you can outdrink me?" Rainbow Dash asked incredulously.

Applejack smirked at the pegasus "Ah don't think, Ah know." She replied.

Pinkie Pie and Twilight watched as the overly competitive mares glared at each other. They were all sitting around a table in Sugarcube Corner. Streamers, balloons, confetti, and other remnants of the party that ended only half an hour ago littered the floor. Rarity and Fluttershy had left when eveypony else had, but surprisingly Twilight had stayed.

"Alright then, let's do this." Dash exclaimed, already more than a little intoxicated "You versus me."

Pinkie gasped "Wait a second, I wanna have a drinking contest too!" She looked at Rainbow Dash and Applejack with puppy dog eyes.

Rainbow Dash nodded "Okay, it's you and me Pinks." Pinkie shouted yay, before jumping into an empty chair next to Rainbow Dash.

"So that means..." Applejack groaned, noticing the only other pony in the room that could be her partner "Twi, yer going ta have ta be my partner." She then glared at Rainbow Dash "How is that fair!? Ya get a mare that's ninety percent alcohol and sugar as yer partner, and Ah get Twilight!"

"Hey!" Twilight piqued up, with an edge of irritation in her voice "I can do this Applejack, and we're going to win!" She smirked at Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, only to find them desperately trying to hold in laughter.

"Ooookay, whatever you say Twilight." Rainbow Dash grinned, chuckling.

"Sugarcube, Ah ain't trying ta be mean, but Ah'd rather have Gummy as my partner." Applejack smiled sheepishly.

Twilight glared daggers at them "Okay then, well let's make this interesting." This caught Rainbow Dash's attention "If Applejack and I win, then you two have to do whatever we say."

Rainbow Dash beamed "Alright, if you two lose then you have to do whatever Pinkie and I say!"

Applejack grinned "Well, Ah'm not one to lose easy, so Ah hope you two are ready ta lose." She poured hard cider into all of their glasses and lifted hers into the air "On three we-" She stared as Pinkie gulped down her own drink.

"What?" Pinkie asked innocently "You said on three, and since you said three I thought we were starting." The three mares around her collectively face hoofed.

***

The contest had been going well, after everypony had drank three mugs of cider it looked like nopony was going to quit. By the fourth mug they were all getting drunk, or in Twilight's case wasted. After the sixth mug Rainbow Dash and Twilight were laughing wildly at everything, and Applejack was slowly swaying back and forth mumbling about apples.

Pinkie looked at them all with a smile, even her face had a light red tinge to it "Let's take a break from this." Pinkie said frowning "I've been sitting still for waaaaaaay too long."

Applejack frowned "What? Why would we do that?" She was looking at Pinkie confusedly "Aren't we in the middle of me outdrinking ya and Dash?"

"Hey!" Rainbow exclaimed, slamming her hoof onto the table; spilling her own mug "I'm wiping the floor with you girls!" She started laughing "Heh, wiping the floor with you...that's...that's a good one." She dissolved into disjointed giggles.

Twilight laughed "Rainbow Dash! You're wasted. But I could take a little break." She got off of her chair and immediately collapsed onto the ground "Ughh, why is Equestria spinning." She gave a large snort of laughter before closing her eyes "This floor feels really nice, like a huge tile pillow."

"Well maybe a little break couldn't hurt, Ah need ta stretch my legs anyways." Applejack conceded getting up from the table, and gingerly stepping over Twilight "And maybe those two will be a bit better." She glanced at the still giggling Dash.

Rainbow Dash flapped her wings and slowly rose out of her seat. She was moving side to side at first, but after a few shakes of her head she managed to stay upright "How about a race, that way I can beat you in two things."

Applejack laughed "Ya couldn't beat me if ya had a pony on yer back, and right now; ya look like ya can barely stand!"

Rainbow Dash smirked "Oh yeah?" She turned to Pinkie who had been happily watching her drunk friends antics."Pinkie! climb on my back." She landed shakily next to Pinkie, and Pinkie immediately bounced out of her chair and onto Dash's back.

The weight of Pinkie proved to be too much, and Rainbow Dash could only get a few inches off of the ground "If I was sober I could totally carry you." She frowned "How are we gonna do this if I can't carry Pinks?"

Twilight picked her head off the floor, and said "Wait a minute, I have a solution!" Her horn glowed purple and for a moment nothing happened, but after a few seconds there was flash of light as a pair of hoofcuffs materialized out of thin air "Use those, so you girls can race...and we can go back to drinking, and stuff....Celestia I need more alcohol."

Rainbow Dash picked them up "Do you just have hoofcuffs lying around?"

Twilight shrugged "I thought I threw them out." She frowned as Rainbow Dash put her end of the cuff on her right forehoof, and Pinkie Pie put hers on her left forehoof "A few years ago, I was dating this mare who was into some freaky stuff."

"You let us put this on!" Rainbow Dash shouted, her face was bright crimson.

Twilight shrugged "Hey, I fixed your problem!"

"I'm so going to get you after this is over!" Rainbow Dash shouted at her.

Twilight grinned as another brilliant thought entered her head "How about if you girls win the race, I'll teleport the the key here." She smirked "But if you lose, then you have to wear them for a week!"

"What?!" Rainbow Dash said "Why in Tartarus would we agree to that."

"Well...I am the only pony who knows where the key is." She lost her smile "I think I know where it is, at least. Besides I'm a princess, so...it's like a royal decree." Applejack was laughing loudly, barely able to continue standing.

Rainbow Dash was less than amused "Twilight I am going to fucking kill you!" She charged at her, but found herself falling onto her face. Pinkie Pie hadn't rhino charged at Twilight with her, and the chain was only so long.

At this point Applejack was in tears, and even Pinkie was laughing "C'mon Dashie!" Pinkie grinned "Let's beat Applejack and then we can get this off."

Rainbow Dash sighed "I'm too drunk for this." She picked herself off the floor and stood next to Pinkie Pie "Let's do this, I guess."

Twilight piqued up again from the floor "First you girl's have to Pinkie Promise to agree to my terms, or...something."

Rainbow Dash groaned "Sure, whatever. Let's just get this over with so we can go back to drinking our weight in cider."

Applejack nodded stepping towards them "Twi when yer drunk, ya sure are something else." She chuckled lightly "Remind me ta drink with ya more often."

Applejack and Rainbow Dash and Pinkie lined up next to each other "The first one who can run to the front door and back wins." She readied herself "One yer marks...get set...GO!" She exclaimed shooting forward.

Applejack might have been drunk, but her speed wasn't too affected. She immediately took the lead, while Pinkie and Rainbow Dash tried to run in sync behind her. Even though Rainbow Dash and Pinkie were very fast themselves, they kept tripping over the chain and losing momentum. Still they were almost neck and neck as they reached the door, until they turned around a little to sharply.

Pinkie found herself tripping over a certain toothless alligator, and fell down on her back. Rainbow Dash wasn't as fortunate however, and her face slammed into the tile ground.

***

Rainbow Dash shook her head, as she was jarred out of her trance. She looked at Pinkie, who's eyes were still light purple. Did I get knocked out? She rubbed her head, I guess that explains why my headache was that bad this morning. She then looked at Twilight. I can't believe it, I never thought I say this but...I think I hate drunk Twilight.

She reached out a hoof, and hit Twilight's head; causing her to spring up from the table "What was that for?" Twilight asked angrily as she was woken up from her peaceful slumber, yet again.

"You..." Rainbow Dash started. Twilight didn't know what was going on, but the creepy grin on Dash's face was more than a little unsettling "You did this to me. And after it's off me, I am going to...well, I don't know what I'm going to do. but trust me, it'll be bad."

At that moment, Pinkie was lifted from her trance. She shook her head, and rubbed her eyes "What'd I miss?" She asked, noticing the creepily smiling Rainbow Dash and Twilight's nervous expression.

Rainbow Dash turned her attention to Pinkie "Do you remember what happened? I think I got knocked out after we tripped over Gummy."

"Nope, I remember a little after the; but not much more. Nothing important happened though." She looked away from Dash

Rainbow Dash was about to question why Pinkie's mood had shifted, but decided against it. There were more pressing concerns than whatever Pinkie was holding back "Twilight, get this off of us."

Twilight frowned "That memory spell took a lot out of me, I don't think I can cast any more spells right now." She frowned at her friends expressions of disbelief "If you'll give me a few hours of sleep, I'll be able to help you find the key or break the cuffs. I'm surprised the memory spell worked correctly."

Pinkie Pie frowned at her friends expression, Rainbow Dash was clearly at her wits end "Uh, why don't we go somewhere for a few hours and then come back to get these off?" She said trying to cheer her friend up.

Rainbow Dash was silent for a moment, before nodding "Sure, as long as nopony else sees us. But were coming back in an hour!"

Pinkie Pie grinned "That's the spirit Dashie!" She felt like there was something she was forgetting...Pinkie gasped loudly "Wait a minute, we Pinkie Promised to keep the hoofcuffs on for a week if we lost the race!"

Rainbow Dash felt her left eye twitch "Pinkie, this is one Pinkie Promise you're going to have to break."

Pinkie shook her head "But I never ever-"

Rainbow Dash held a hoof up to her mouth "No." She then started trotting towards the back door "We'll hide out in the Whitetail Woods for a while, and then Twilight will get this off of us. Right?"

Twilight didn't hear them, as she was already asleep and drooling on the kitchen table.

Comments ( 4 )

Better Together:
This may come as a disappointment to some people, but Better Together is going on hiatus. I can't say I'm too happy with it, I've put in effort like I do with all my stories, but I rushed into this one without even a vague ending in mind. But I will come back to it, I may update it every now and again. Once I feel like writing with it more, I'll go back to it. Under no circumstances am I cancelling it, you just might not see it for a while

This is taken from my latest blog post. That hiatus will only be for a few months until my other projects are either completed or underway. But I will be updating every now and again, wouldn't wanna leave everyone hanging for too long:pinkiehappy:. But yeah, following chapters will be better.

ok, besides wonderin on what :pinkiesmile: saw that slightly changed up her mood n' also why :twilightsmile: still had her ex's (unless there were originally hers :applejackunsure:) hoovecuffs. Also i kinda feel bad for both :rainbowwild: n' :twilightblush: since one has to stay hoovecuff thx to a :pinkiehappy: promise; while t other better watch out due to :rainbowdetermined2:'s lil threat from earlier

SHL

4014258 Ok, don't worry :pinkiehappy:

They didn't do the motions so it does not really count right?

Login or register to comment