• Published 9th Nov 2013
  • 13,053 Views, 1,300 Comments

The Epic Quest of Ford Mustang - RoyalRainbow



Over a year has passed since his arrival, and Ford Mustang is prepared to ask Rainbow Dash for her hoof in marriage. But when an unknown force of darkness emerges, it's up to Ford to save not only his loved ones, but the world as well.

  • ...
92
 1,300
 13,053

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7 – Where it All Began

Chapter 7 – Where it All Began

“Are we there yet?” Rainbow whines childishly.

“Just give me a minute, Rainbow!” Ford responds sweetly as he keeps his head low to the ground while continuing with his search. “Ugh! Where is it?”

It’s after 7 o’clock where Celestia’s sun is nearly finished with its setting, and the two Pegasi are in the far outskirts of Ponyville where Ford Mustang planned to have their anniversary dinner in middle of the field of colorful wildflowers. Ford is carrying his double saddlebag, while the hovering Rainbow Dash offered to carry the picnic basket. As the stallion is relentlessly searching for that perfect spot, the impatient mare is grudgingly following along.

“Ford, it’s fine! Just pick a spot already! I’m not as picky as somepony like Rarity you know!”

“I know it’s around here somewhere…” Ford mutters to himself as he paid no attention to Rainbow's impatient groaning. Suddenly, his eyes widen as his search is finally over.

“Ah, I finally found it!” he declares triumphantly.

“Found what?” Rainbow asks in a mixture of relief and puzzlement.

“This!” he points it out to her.

After he steps aside to reveal his chosen location, Rainbow stares at that spot in front of her. What’s different from the nearly endless field of flowers is that this clearing didn’t have any flowers at all. It’s just a large, oddly shaped patch of earth with a strangely vague impression on the ground.

“Huh, well you certainly found a nice clearing out here.” Rainbow verifies casually as she puts the picnic basket next to the clearing.

“You don’t remember this spot?” Ford inquires with a raised eyebrow as he places his packed saddlebags on the ground.

“Well… this area does seem familiar.” she ponders for a bit more. “It reminds me of the time where we first--!” Just as she is about to finish that sentence, she finally gets the special meaning behind this clearing. “Wait… is this…?”

“Yep, this is the exact, same spot where we first met over a year ago!” he confirms as he taps on the patch of earth.

After hearing Ford mentioning that, memories of their time together flash before Rainbow’s startled eyes. From recalling those first memories, she gradually starts to get emotional as a broad smile spreads across her face while her eyes surprisingly start to get watery from all of these warm, fuzzy feelings she’s having right now.

“Darn it, Ford! Now you’ve got me all sappy once again!” she chuckles while immediately wiping her nearly tearful eyes.

“Sorry, I’ll try to tone it down a bit next time.” Ford chuckles along while sheepishly scratching the back of his head with a fore hoof.

In a quick grapple, Rainbow pulls a surprised Mustang in closely as she says to him with a sultry smirk, “Don’t you even dare!” Following that, Ford leans in for a sweet, sensual kiss before gradually letting Rainbow go as he gently leads her to their special place.

“I remember it like it was yesterday.” he reminisces with a soft smile. “I was lost and confused as I aimlessly roamed across this majestic field of wildflowers. Then, of a sudden, I was completely distracted by a mysterious, blue angel soaring freely in the open sky. I asked myself, ‘Who is this beautiful creature that can make endless streams of rainbows with her incredible speed alone?’” This is enough to cause Rainbow Dash to softly blush with a smile. “And as I kept pondering about this, the gorgeous mare I was so captivated about suddenly came crashing into me. I was laying right here.” Ford says as he reassumes the position he took up when he first met Rainbow up-close. “And when I woke up, I found myself staring into the mesmerizing, magenta eyes of the future love of my life.”

“Like this?” Rainbow says grinningly as she stands right above Ford just like they first met.

“Yeah, but a little closer.” he replies with his own grin. Following his suggestion, the equally grinning mare leans her head closer to Ford’s.

“Closer.” he repeated. With a roll of her eyes, the smiling Rainbow leans her head even more.

“Closer.” he repeated once more as he continuously maintains his grin. Their muzzles are so close right now, that they are practically touching each other.

“I don’t think we were that close.” she smirks all-knowingly.

“Oh really?” he grins with mocking ignorance. “Care to refresh my memory then?”

“With pleasure!”

The two Pegasi close the gap as they share a romantic kiss on this wondrous evening together. It starts off playful, but then it quickly escalates into something rough and extremely passionate. Their tongues dance wildly into each other’s mouths as their bodies keep grinding against one and another. Soon enough, Ford’s passion goes into auto-pilot as his forelegs begin to explore Rainbow’s body. First, he caresses the soft, colorful mane around her neck. Then, his fore hooves begin to trail down on her back and wings as he massages them gently. And lastly, his hooves reach towards the end by grasping onto Rainbow’s perfectly curved flanks. But just as Ford is about to claim his prize, he feels Rainbow’s firm fore hoof pressing hard onto his chest, which breaks him out of his animalist lust as well as their breathtaking kiss.

“Down boy!” Rainbow teases with a smirk as both of them catch their breath. “Let’s save the best for last, shall we?”

A bit reluctant at first, Ford begins to show a sly smile as he replies, “Sure! Beside, with all the food we’ve got lined up, we gonna need all that energy for later tonight!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once their picnic is all setup with the checkered blanket laid over their memorable spot, the couple enjoys what is in store with what Applejack & Fluttershy have prepared for them. As they eat their dinner together, they engage in their casual conversations as they mostly talk about what they’ve missed from each other’s lives since their one-month separation.

After finish off over half of Pinkie Pie's blueberry lemon mascarpone cake, they take a while to rest their full stomachs as they lie on their backs while snuggling closely to each other. From there, their eyes are now looking up to watch Luna’s stars twinkling in the nightly sky. The individual stars light up and flicker like the decorative lights on the festive trees seen during Christmastime or Hearth’s Warming Season.

“Sigh… best anniversary ever, wouldn't you agree?" Rainbow Dash asks with a satisfied smile.

"How can you say that when this is our only anniversary so far?" Ford responds with a grin and a cocked eyebrow.

"Exactly! Therefore, it's the best anniversary ever! So I win!" Rainbow declares with her winning smirk.

"...He-heh! Can't argue with logic like that!" Ford merrily chuckles over his lose of words.

After sharing a brief laugh, the two Pegasi relax in content as they continue their stargazing. Soon enough, Ford comments, “I have to say, I’m still amazed to see this many twinkling stars each and every night.”

“Don’t you have any stars in your world?”

“We do, but the stars in my world don’t shimmer as greatly as these do.”

As they continue to admire the stars, something flutters right in front of their eyes. It shimmers like a star, yet this glowing, yellow orb is moving around in such a random pattern, and strangely enough, it has its own pair of wings too. Once Ford and Rainbow get themselves up to continue watching the mesmerizing thing, dozens if not hundreds of them join in as they light up the nightly blue background with their brightly yellow radiances.

“Hey, look! Fireflies!” Ford points it out with gleeful surprise.

Rainbow awes at the arrival of the friendly insects as they gently dance around them. As she is distracted by the mesmerizing sight of the dancing fireflies, Ford took the opportunity to reach inside the left side-pocket of his saddlebag to grab his special present. Tucked away safely, he finds the jewelry box as he holds it delicately in his fore hooves. After one more look to make sure Rainbow hasn’t noticed anything, he opens the top lid carefully to examine the engagement bracelet once again. Under the nightly, starry sky, the Prismatic Diamond twinkles brightly with its vivid colors as each sparkle nearly matches with the stars above. Seeing how the jewel is still radiating its unique beauty, Ford smiles to himself with deep fascination.

“Ford?” Rainbow calls out to him softly as the graceful fireflies continue their waltz around the two.

“Yes, Rainbow?” Ford responds in slight surprise as he quickly tucked the enclosed jewelry box underneath his right wing.

“I’ve been thinking about something… about us.” she states it quietly.

“…Oh?” he responds simply in surprise.

“It just that… we’ve only been dating for a year, and yet we haven’t been seeing each other that much since my initiation to the Wonderbolts. And… well… the truth is… I can’t stand the fact on how little time we've spent together! I feel like I’m being tugged between you and my dream job! I guess I'm just kinda worried of what would happen if things keep going this way between us!”

Ford’s fears get the best of him as he inquires in hesitation, “Rainbow Dash… you’re not suggesting… that we…?”

“No! Of course not!” she reassures hastily as she gets close to him. “I would never do that to you! You’ve done so much for me, that there’s no way I’ll ever give up on you! That’s what I am trying to say, Ford! If I had to choose between you and the Wonderbolts, it would definitely be you without a second thought!”

“…R-really?” he asks as his fears begin to be laid to rest.

Rainbow nods with a reassuring smile before continuing, “I used to think that being a Wonderbolt would be the best thing that could have happened to me, but once we've started dating, that all changed for me! Ford, you see more me than just a Wonderbolt or an Element of Harmony! You see me just as a mare who’s already special in her own way no matter what I do! You once told me that you loved me for everything that I am! Well, that’s exactly how I feel about you as well! I love you, Ford Mustang! And I can’t thank you enough for all that you have done to support me along the way!”

As she lovingly caresses the cheek of her coltfriend, Ford freezes in place as he processes on all the things she has just said to him. As he mentally recalls those tender sentiments, soft tears begin to descend from his eyes as he smiles widely to himself. Unable to contain his overwhelming joy, Ford immediately embraces his lover as he holds her tightly within his forelegs.

“You… you have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that for me!” Ford cries out happily as he affectionately nuzzles with Rainbow’s head and neck. “I love you too, Rainbow Dash! You’re truly the best thing that has ever happened to me! And I won't trade that for anything else in the world!”

It becomes very silence between the two Pegasi as they continue to enjoy the warmth of their embrace. The thought of sharing another kiss didn’t cross their mind at that point, but that doesn’t matter. Their ongoing snuggling is just as affectionate as any kiss beforehand as they continue to nuzzle closely with each other.

Once they are finished with their hug, Ford prepares his own say in the matter. “Actually, I’ve been thinking about something regarding with us too. It’s something I’ve wanted to ask you for quite some time now.”

“Sure, Mustang.” she smiles warmly. “You can ask me anything.”

“Okay, here it goes…” he responds as calmly as possible before taking a deep breath. After letting it all out, he starts to reach for the precious box tucked underneath his right wing as he is finally ready to ask his ultimate question.

“Rainbow Dash, will you--?”

PreviousChapters Next